Traders are OP

Maxx_98

I wanted to see what the game would be like without traders so yesterday I wrote a modlet to remove the traders at world generation and to get rid of the challenge quests since there is no trader to turn them into.

So far, I love it. It feels like the game used to, where I am alone in the apocalypse and surviving is entirely on my shoulders. There are no quests to do to get dukes to buy food or items and I don't feel compelled to settle in a specific area because it's near the trader. I can just... go. Wherever I want. Everything I do is about finding resources, but there's no easy fallback at the trader and no checking back every few days for restock. It's liberating.

Have you published this modlet?? I'd love to play this as an alternate game mode.

It absolutely shouldn't but what else are you going to do once you have everything and your base is maxxed? We entertain ourselves by Gyroing all over the map doing tier 5 quests while we see how far we can take the gamestage. THAT is our end-game. Don't take it away from us (unless you add a proper end-game).

Agreed. The trader does give folks something to do despite their OP nature...😂

IMLTHO, Traders should exclusively sell the items you simply cannot craft for yourself - It should be a method by which the ridiculous "scavenge until you find 15 baseball bat parts" thing gets bypassed. A means to make the traders solve the RNG Hell that is scavenging for "parts."

That is definitely one of the benefits of the trader that I do like. If RNG is treating you like crap while looting, the trader may help you out. The 3 day reset timer is also a nice incentive to grind coins for a particular item that is for sale (e.g. vehicles, weapons, won parts, etc.)

Archived