Farming is harder now?

GrandRiser

I remember the days when we only need hoe and seed to farm, now you need farming plot?

Is there any easier way to farm for food? The item needed to make farming plot is a bit harder than previous method, and for beginners, on 7th day those plots can be destroyed and it takes time to make new one.

Is it by design/game design intentions for us to scavenge for food, rather than to farm it?

Back in my days we only had to farm, we dont even need to get out. Perhaps thats why?

Is it by design/game design intentions for us to scavenge for food, rather than to farm it?

Back in my days we only had to farm, we dont even need to get out. Perhaps thats why?

Farming got seriously nerfed because you could easily feed yourself with a dozen plants. 3 days to grow corn or potatos is WAY over powered. They needed to make the barrier of entry a bit harder to ensure it wasn't so easy to exploit. I remember getting a single ear of corn and in 14 days I'd have 32 plots producing.

Now you have to work at it, and I like that. You can't create a self sustaining base so easily, which is a good thing. I used to turn into a turtle by day 2 and never leave my base once a forge and farm were up and running. Now I explore WAY more.

Farming got seriously nerfed because you could easily feed yourself with a dozen plants. 3 days to grow corn or potatos is WAY over powered. They needed to make the barrier of entry a bit harder to ensure it wasn't so easy to exploit. I remember getting a single ear of corn and in 14 days I'd have 32 plots producing.

Now you have to work at it, and I like that. You can't create a self sustaining base so easily, which is a good thing. I used to turn into a turtle by day 2 and never leave my base once a forge and farm were up and running. Now I explore WAY more.

Thanks for the very hepful info!

Yes, I very much agree with you, that's what I said to my friend. With just a base and a food farms it's basically all your problem has been solved, way back before bicycle thing happened. I am happy with the current progress, forces us to scavenge. I wondered why it got nerfed. My guess was right : it was too easy.

I'd say keep farming still (hoe+ground), but they grow very little and way slower, and yield slow result, eventually, the only way to get food fast and easily is to get major very large farmlands or just scavenge. I admit the game got bored and became farming simulator if you can just farm easily within our own base/walls.

But thank you very much for explaining it clearly, i've looked as why it got nerfed and there was no answer.

Cheers!

I don't think it became much more difficult, you just need some more ressources, from where imho the rotten meat is the rarest, since you only can get it from zombieanimals (and a little of those cadavers lying around).

That just limits the expansion of a farm a little bit.

I just see a conveniant change. The tilled soil was sometimes hard to recognize. The hoeing was anoying and then additionally fertilizing it again. I prefer placing such farm plots a lot.

There are many ways to get rotten meat.

There are different kinds of gore blocks available in game, most of them are in the roads. You can also butcher dead animal zombies. The bears give out the most, but I tend to accumulate the most from the danger chickens.

I hit the first road gore block I see with my primitive axe, and then craft a bone knife from that. Use bone knife on all the others. Easy peasy.

Archived