Alpha 18 Appreciation

Donmegawatt

7 Days to Die is my third most played game at 500 hours.

After having a blast with Alpha 16 … I left 17 feeling like a jilted lover.

I would check the Steam reviews a few times a week to see if I was alone.

All I want to say is "Thank You" … Alpha 18 is very fun.

I have quibbles … I have suggestions … But for now … I'm just grateful to see the game back on course.

Well it's my most played *Steam* game at 1223 hours. Only Civ 5 and Warframe come close at 1060 and 900 respectively.

However if I could see the values for 2 non-Steam games - World of Warcraft and League of Legends- those are almost certainly in the 10s of thousands of hours.

Well it's my most played *Steam* game at 1223 hours. Only Civ 5 and Warframe come close at 1060 and 900 respectively.

However if I could see the values for 2 non-Steam games - World of Warcraft and League of Legends- those are almost certainly in the 10s of thousands of hours.

But can we really judge this from most played using WOW? I mean unless you get the hours played at the time this game released to now or you started WOW at the same time as this game. But if been playing from start you got what a decade or close to it before this game was even out lol.

Putting 7D in the same sentence as WOW is kind of you but I don't think TFP can keep up with that amount of content and team size. ;)

Thank goodness it is not WOW, I just don't get the fascination and fixation some have with that. I bought 7d2d at A16.1 and since then got 2300hrs+ in on it. Easily my top game ever (considering my First game I played to hell and back was Total Annihilation the 1998 ver. that's alot of games and hours in between).

Now doing a restart on A18.2 (Warrior 90min) trying a new base design (6th attempt at the design, and now know what I need to do), and it doesn't bother me to do it. Particularly while the games chance factor of what you find (or don't) and how these chance factors affects your actions/skills choices to get the first solid walls and spikes up in time for first day 7 event, but not need to change layout afterwards, being simply able to build on to plan for 14,21,28 etc. it's just brilliant. Love the planning and challenge element this game allows.

Playing solo with the new skills system is a challenge, but is that not why we play it? Thumps up to TFP from me for the work they have achieved.

My top games on Steam are:

1. 7 Days to Die - 963 hours
  2. Dungeons of Dredmor - 566 hours
  3. Magicmaker - 336 hours
  4. Torchlight II - 327 hours
  5. Terraria - 303 hours
  6. Rebuild 3 - 251 hours
  7. Portal 2 - 209 hours
  8. FTL - 208 hours
  9. Guild of Dungeoneering - 197 hours
  10. Torchlight - 186 hours

I'm surprised by how much 7 Days to Die comes out on top, since I play it exclusively multiplayer and we only have time to play for a couple of hours two or three times per week. It's not like I spend all weekend playing or anything like that.

(Of course, the game that blows all those out of the water in terms of hours is not a steam game - it's Angband, the classic roguelike game that I've been playing and modding since it was written back in 1990!)

trying a new base design (6th attempt at the design, and now know what I need to do), and it doesn't bother me to do it. Particularly while the games chance factor of what you find (or don't) and how these chance factors affects your actions/skills choices to get the first solid walls and spikes up in time for first day 7 event, but not need to change layout afterwards, being simply able to build on to plan for 14,21,28 etc. it's just brilliant.

Yeah till the Demolishers turn up and flatten it all in seconds....

7 days is my top on steam though I have a feeling Empyrean will pass it up at some point. Neither come even remotely close to the number of hours I have wasted in SCII though. I wont tell you how many hours I have in them - don't need to prove that I have no life :p

Factorio: 1,902

7DtD: 489

Torchlight 2: 391

Path of Exile: 120

And a smattering of dozens or so hours in a bunch of other games.

I lost track of my WoW /played after I became a bit embarrassed about it. ;)

And I also have about 500 more in Factorio that was outside of the Steam release.

I have probably about 100 in various Borderlands games before the Steam releases.

I'm honestly surprised 7DtD is as high as it is really the only zombie game I've played. But I like that you aren't punished too badly if you're not a crack-shot FPS gamer. Sure, that helps; but not getting a headshot 100% of the time doesn't obviate you trying and succeeding overall.

7D comes in second on my most played games...

Elder Scrolls Online at 3700 hours (that's combined over two accounts).

7 Days is second at about 2500 (and gaining...also over two accounts).

Conan Exiles-1196 hours on record

Space Engineers-1054 hrs on record

Life is Feudal: Your Own-648 hrs on record

Skyrim-575 hrs on record

rFactor 2-415

Borderlands GOTY-410

PAYDAY 2-356

Empyrion-319

Oblivion-252

Edit to add Conan which I totally forgot about since I only played it on my secondary account.

My top 10...

1. 7 Days to Die
    4,451 hrs on record
  2. PWI
    4,441 hrs on record
  3. Conan Exiles
    1,687 hrs on record
  4. Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    1,551 hrs on record
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    997 hrs on record
  6. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    905 hrs on record
  7. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    903 hrs on record
  8. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
    669 hrs on record
  9. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    669 hrs on record
  10. Borderlands 2
    400 hrs on record

My top 10...

1. 7 Days to Die
    4,451 hrs on record
  2. PWI
    4,441 hrs on record
  3. Conan Exiles
    1,687 hrs on record
    1,551 hrs on record
    997 hrs on record
    905 hrs on record
    903 hrs on record
    669 hrs on record
    669 hrs on record
  10. Borderlands 2
    400 hrs on record

Wow....that's a ton of gaming hours. Do you eat or sleep? Lol

Wow....that's a ton of gaming hours. Do you eat or sleep? Lol

hehe. That is over several years. Like PWI was played from 2007 until about a year ago.

Got the Witchers when they first came out, and must have spent 40 hours the first couple weeks in them.

If I'm not at work or on the road, I'm usually gaming or supporting the forums. I should get more sleep than I do.

hehe. That is over several years. Like PWI was played from 2007 until about a year ago.

Got the Witchers when they first came out, and must have spent 40 hours the first couple weeks in them.

If I'm not at work or on the road, I'm usually gaming or supporting the forums. I should get more sleep than I do.

Hows PWI? 1st time I have heard about it. Googled it and see that it's a f2p mmorpg.

My top 10...

1. 7 Days to Die
    4,451 hrs on record
  2. PWI
    4,441 hrs on record
  3. Conan Exiles
    1,687 hrs on record
    1,551 hrs on record
    997 hrs on record
    905 hrs on record
    903 hrs on record
    669 hrs on record
    669 hrs on record
  10. Borderlands 2
    400 hrs on record

That is just under 2 years of actual time :o

I no longer feel bad about my game time LOL.

Hows PWI? 1st time I have heard about it. Googled it and see that it's a f2p mmorpg.

I quit playing because they are killing it. The US version has such a high power creep that it isn't even funny. Once the game got to where I had to spend 2-3 hours each day doing daily quests to stay competitive I quit. It requires too much effort and money to really be sustainable here. The latest update makes that even worse by separating the in-game gained money from the cash shop money and making it so you can barely purchase anything with farmed coins. You literally have to purchase items to convert the money, and can only do it during certain times or events. This last is largely an effort to combat the huge number of farming bots they have a problem with.

I ran a private server for a while, and used to work directly with the developers in China on code. Perfect World Entertainment is more interested in making money than supporting their players though. The game hasn't even had a Community Manager for almost 2 years now.

Yah, some games keep coming up a lot. =)

7 Days to Die; 7,356 hrs on record

ARK: Survival Evolved; 6,007 hrs on record

Empyrion - Galactic Survival; 849 hrs on record

RimWorld; 359 hrs on record

XCOM: Enemy Unknown; 336 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas; 295 hrs on record

Fallout 4; 219 hrs on record

Dead Island; 187 hrs on record

Saints Row IV; 171 hrs on record

X3: Albion Prelude; 158 hrs on record

Archived