Gore Overhaul (Blood stains, blood on weapon and more!)

moongaming

Hey,

I'm happy to show this modlet I've been working way too much time on.

here's what's added to the game:

-Blood stains: when you hit zombies/animals with a bullet/melee hit. can stack twice on every body part

-Blood on melee weapons: Your melee weapons get bloody when you hit entities with them, and can be cleaned by going into the water (will clean all items) Works on every melee item except for a few (like the nail hammer)

-Bleeding visual effect: bleeding perk/mod now gets a visual effect for the whole duration of the bleeding (the zombie/animal will just..bleed)

-New head exploding effect

-New arm and legs dismember effect (blood flowing from the limb)

here's the blood stains/blood on weapon summed up on two gifs:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

And a quick youtube video showing all the features:

The mod isn't recommended if you have low FPS as it may affect them (especially with a high zombie count)

Please let me know if anything goes wrong along with your graphics settings so I can fix stuff properly.

Quick note for overhaul creators: please don't include this mod in your overhaul as I plan to use it in my own overhaul later. (sorry guys)

Click here to Download(A18 LATEST)

Updated version 1.1 (29/11/19):

-Added Gore on Shotgun

-Fixed weapon blood triggering on vehicle and turret

-1.1b: Fixed blood stain on larger zombies

And as always, enjoy !

Hey.

not sure do you want to disable the on-hit bleeds or the bleeding effect tied to the blade perk ?

the mod should work fine or 18.2 but they changed the way bleeding works (used to be 20/30/40% chance per stack progression now it's just increasing maximum stack and 100% on hit) so it may behave a little weird on that part

if you want to remove the bleeding perk effect just delete item_modifiers.xml and progression.xml from the mod folder

Hey.

not sure do you want to disable the on-hit bleeds or the bleeding effect tied to the blade perk ?

the mod should work fine or 18.2 but they changed the way bleeding works (used to be 20/30/40% chance per stack progression now it's just increasing maximum stack and 100% on hit) so it may behave a little weird on that part

if you want to remove the bleeding perk effect just delete item_modifiers.xml and progression.xml from the mod folder

Yeah, the bleeding perk. Cool!

So, if I install this in version 18.1 with the bleed perk disabled, would it work?

Well this and a few other things..

found a few issues with graze hit and some cvar triggers I'm working on fixing them (they aren't too bad just a few graphical glitches that happen rarely)

added some extra effects while i'm at it, will update soon once I find a fix for the issue.

• 1 month later...

sure I added different blood stains so there's more variety, more effects on dismemberment and subtle blood particle on hit.

also reworked the bleeding effect so it's a little more visible.

Worth nothing too that the mod is 100% compatible with Xyth's Creaturepack and the blood effects will show on custom zombies. It's included in the Winter Project 2019 and I'll probably allow it on other overhauls soon.

Archived