Thrown rocks

Synvastian

idk if anyone actually uses rocks as a way to draw zombies from rooms, bit its very funny...one thought I had was using them as a stun against sleeping vultures...pretty much if the vulture has the sleep tag in the xml {or whatever the line of code is that indicates sleeping vs awake} then hitting it with a rock would add a 10 second knockdown for the flappy f***** allowing melee to be viable (or more viable than it already is) vs using potentially loud guns, or having to have a bow/crossbow on hand all the time (it would also allow melee only playthroughs a way to mitigate free hits against them if they are stealthy and have good enough aim)**

mostly joking, but would be cool, I mean a fist sized rock would do some pretty dazing damage to a bird of that size

**would add no damage to rocks, just a debuff against sleeping vultures, or heck, maybe all sleeping enemies could be affected by it, maybe only 5 seconds on zombies though

I will use the rocks to draw zombies away from my base at night if I don't feel like jumping down and killing them. I'll stand on the roof and throw a rock out in the distance if a zombie starts wandering too close to my base. It's funny at times to see them bolt off in the distance after the rock and then stand there when they don't find anything. You can also try to use the rocks to lead them in to traps as well.

Have they actually fixed the rocks in thsi game yet? I swear I tested this like a month ago and I had no reaction from the zombies.

I have used it a number of times on first nights. I would not have found a place so I would stand on one of those big boulders. Ususally only a zombie or two so I would throw a rock out just past zombie(s) and they would run out to where it look like it rolled. Sometimes I could do it a few times and they would go our far enough they disappeared off my screen.

I don't know if it works for animals. I tried it once with a wolf and it didn't seem to notice it. Maybe it does but only got to try it once with a wolf so don't have all the data on it.

I have used it a number of times on first nights. I would not have found a place so I would stand on one of those big boulders. Ususally only a zombie or two so I would throw a rock out just past zombie(s) and they would run out to where it look like it rolled. Sometimes I could do it a few times and they would go our far enough they disappeared off my screen.

I don't know if it works for animals. I tried it once with a wolf and it didn't seem to notice it. Maybe it does but only got to try it once with a wolf so don't have all the data on it.

Cool thanks, I'll have to give this another shot. I only tried it during the day and had no reaction but maybe they had already seen me. :)

Have they actually fixed the rocks in thsi game yet? I swear I tested this like a month ago and I had no reaction from the zombies.

They've worked fine since at least A17, we used them to draw zombies away in early days when we were caught out at night.

They've worked fine since at least A17, we used them to draw zombies away in early days when we were caught out at night.

I tested it out early early A17 exp and spoke with some of the testers about it at that time and was not working. I guess it got fixed mid or late A17 version. *shrugs* I'm glad to hear it works as it'll be another tool to use being stealthy. :)

Archived