The penetrator perk

Synvastian

I think the final level of the penetrator perk needs a bit more to it...I mean I get the ignore armor and pierce 3 bodies thing...but the 1000 HP block I don't get...unless you know for sure something is behind something, its just a wasted shot that potentially gives away you position...

so I think the rank 5 of Penetrator should add a 2 block wallhack if you sit still (crouch for 5 seconds, kinda like the animal tracker timer)

a perceptive person would recognize breathing/moaning/shuffling right behind weaker walls and could use it to their advantage (which is the point since their weapons reload slowly and have limited capacity) it would also make that piercing wall effect actually useful

reasoning: 2 blocks of "seeing" doesn't make it too OP as a zombie sitting here -> PX_Z

wouldn't be see-able by the skill but ones around corners in a room PXZ_

would be see-able

where the P is the player, X is the wall, and the Z is a zombie

just an idea, heck I play mostly Str and Fort builds so this doesn't even affect me at all, just a fun thought

"Wallhack", drawing a silhouette of the target? Could work, I kinda want that even for doors where you can usually see enough of clip-thoughs to locate the head.

One meter behind a wall, wouldn't even need the crouch timer imo, but that wouldn't kill me either. Unless the rad digs through the wall by that time of course.. :)

Sure, it was a joke.. :) I do like the idea.

As it is, in the "proper game" the block penetrating seems useful mostly for doors, most other blocks are too thick for the perk anyway. Wooden bits in POIs too ofc.

Most use I get from it is avoiding bugs with block hit boxes, with the talent I can actually shoot under a table and past a door frame... :)

For the wooden walls in POIs, there lies another issue as well; spawn areas. Usually the buggers in the next room aren't even there until you go across the wall. Sometimes not even then, but hey ho.. :)

Does that mean it will be adjusted? I'm not looking forward to destroying my dart traps because of this perk...

Yea we had to adjust some of our horde night shooting areas because we kept absolutely destoroying all the blocks on the other side of the gangs of zeds. I really hope it gets adjusted.

Yea we had to adjust some of our horde night shooting areas because we kept absolutely destoroying all the blocks on the other side of the gangs of zeds. I really hope it gets adjusted.

Only use case I think of is PVP. Since Gazz is already aware hopefully it is adjusted sooner than later...😂

I like shooting through the walls. for some of the clear quests, just walk around the building and shoot randomly inside while sneaking. Sometimes this kills them, sometimes it wakes them up and they start coming out to you. For horde bases you make cheaper weak spots that you can shoot through in choke corridors, and when they start breaking through those you move on to other fallback points and then switch guns.

It has it's uses. The trick is not to adapt it to your strategy, but to adapt your strategy to what it can do.

Archived