Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Sorry, but if we have such weapons, why can't our enemies have them? It will be just an analogue of a vulture only from the world of people. They can also be in sleep mode and activated if you touch any motion sensors. They could only be at military bases and sometimes at large gangster bases.

I hope that you have not completely abandoned this idea, and enemy drones may appear in the game, but with your ingenious refinement of this idea.

Hmmm Drones at military bases actually makes sense. Drones roaming around though wouldn't make sense since GPS wouldn't work after a major nuclear apocalypse and IMO would not fit the theme. Home made drones that follow a player is a thing IRL and they do not need GPS to fuction. Just cameras and software that can interpret the environment and track the person. Heck even bandits could have drones but....I hope not because it...i dunno.. imo doesnt fit the theme.

Hmmm Drones at military bases actually makes sense. Drones roaming around though wouldn't make sense since GPS wouldn't work after a major nuclear apocalypse and IMO would not fit the theme.

well by the sound of the junk drone. it sounds very makeshift and i don't think the military base would have makeshift flying drones guard their base, plus then there would be no zombies or ammo in them due to them shooting the zeds

also Madmole while watching this firefight *chomping on Popcorn sounds*

Hmmm Drones at military bases actually makes sense. Drones roaming around though wouldn't make sense since GPS wouldn't work after a major nuclear apocalypse and IMO would not fit the theme.

If you follow this logic, then our flying drones are not suitable for the game) But as we can see, the drones fit perfectly in the game and could be on each side of the confrontation =)

If you follow this logic, then our flying drones are not suitable for the game) But as we can see, the drones fit perfectly in the game and could be on each side of the confrontation =)

I thought you might say that so I did adjust/edit my post before you posted this. Best to always give me like 5 minutes to review my post because I often edit them. :)

well by the sound of the junk drone. it sounds very makeshift and i don't think the military base would have makeshift flying drones guard their base, plus then there would be no zombies or ammo in them due to them shooting the zeds

also Madmole while watching this firefight *chomping on Popcorn sounds*

Preprogrammed drones that protect a military installation that do not depend on GPS is a thing. Could you imagine if all drones depended on GPS? That would be a major weak point that an enemy would in no doubt take advantage of. Just see the GPS blocking experiment that the military conducted off of Florida this month.

Preprogrammed drones that protect a military installation that do not depend on GPS is a thing. Could you imagine if all drones depended on GPS? That would be a major weak point that an enemy would in no doubt take advantage of. Just see the GPS blocking experiment that the military conducted off of Florida last month.

yeah im no expert in electronics but.

plus unless they were powered off until a intruder comes they would power down.

i think they should be a player thing or maybe a Bandit boss , unit or class

mostly a player thing

edit: even if you could show me the drives i probably could not view them due to my School computer but ill look it up when i get home.

Edit 120330: crap i forgot to draw up the Junk sleigh

Flying Drones!? Did I read that right!?

Why is every developer adding such bull♥♥♥♥ (my opinion, no offense) to games I love.

Rainbow 6 Siege with their "high futuristic" crap, now we get these kind of things here as well... I hope it's just a joke.

Well at least we can mod it out of the game if it's no joke...

Sorry, but if we have such weapons, why can't our enemies have them? It will be just an analogue of a vulture only from the world of people. They can also be in sleep mode and activated if you touch any motion sensors. They could only be at military bases and sometimes at large gangster bases.

I hope that you have not completely abandoned this idea, and enemy drones may appear in the game, but with your ingenious refinement of this idea.

I'm not saying a hard no, but generally bandits and the remaining population are stupid and would not have that level of technology. If it makes sense like in Higashi Towers or some research facility it could happen, or Bob is the tinkerer guy he might have one. But no if we add them, they would not be very common. It might be rare and that is the only way to make your own is to harvest enough robotic parts.

They look like a survivor/inventor built them from scrap, not military issue so no they wouldn't appear at military sights, unless we built some military drones.

Any chance we can see fixes of existing bugs from a18? Ranks of stun baton don’t increase stun duration as listed, there literally isn’t any code written for it. Ranks of advanced engineering don’t give the 20% increased crafting speed. Again, no code written. We *still* can’t bandage other players, even though there are perks specifically about bandaging other players.

I'm not saying a hard no, but generally bandits and the remaining population are stupid and would not have that level of technology. If it makes sense like in Higashi Towers or some research facility it could happen, or Bob is the tinkerer guy he might have one. But no if we add them, they would not be very common. It might be rare and that is the only way to make your own is to harvest enough robotic parts.

so with the internet tree the Robotics perks will be there and the Stun Baton.

maybe later down the line we could get some other intellect weapons. stuff thats advanced in terms of "ammo" or just how its made.

like a few new melee weapons maybe a gauntlet that uses Air pressure to Thrust you can the position forward so you can knock zombies or bandits back!

some ranged weapons like the junk rifle , Flamethrower and Rail-gun. or something that some smart survivors would uses to A: save ammo B: make something in case weapons surplus run out and C: to make uses of scrap and odd resources.

or maybe i'm talking crazy as usual

Will A19 feature easier drag and drop items onto my belt? In 18.2 i could just click something in my inventory, hold the click, then drag to belt, let go of the click and it was in my bar. As of 18.3 I have to click again once im over the belt, instead of just letting go.

I know, third world problems.

Will A19 feature easier drag and drop items onto my belt? In 18.2 i could just click something in my inventory, hold the click, then drag to belt, let go of the click and it was in my bar. As of 18.3 I have to click again once im over the belt, instead of just letting go.

I know, third world problems.

Perhaps one of the A19 updates involves a UI update.

I hope, the UI is a little outdated right now, I bet they're doing a new UI or already did.

The old UI doesn't match the new graphics, models, lighting, textures, icons, etc.

Darnit now that you pointed that out ima think of it every time I play lol.

+1 UI update wanted lmao

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Flying Drones!? Did I read that right!?

Why is every developer adding such bull♥♥♥♥ (my opinion, no offense) to games I love.

Rainbow 6 Siege with their "high futuristic" crap, now we get these kind of things here as well... I hope it's just a joke.

Well at least we can mod it out of the game if it's no joke...

Late game god tier stuff, most normies won't even know they are in the game. Thanks for the enthusiasm, but you can order a drone right now IRL its not fantasy or even futuristic. You might as well rage about ak47's in the game :p

Any chance we can see fixes of existing bugs from a18? Ranks of stun baton don’t increase stun duration as listed, there literally isn’t any code written for it. Ranks of advanced engineering don’t give the 20% increased crafting speed. Again, no code written. We *still* can’t bandage other players, even though there are perks specifically about bandaging other players.

They might if you actually report the bug in the bug thread.

Any thoughts of making human followers or are you still committed to making all followers robots?

You have to fly before you can walk.

I'm hoping but not promising. The idea is to do something simple that gets us most of the framework for a follower. Worst case scenario is modders can put them in then.

You have to fly before you can walk.

I'm hoping but not promising. The idea is to do something simple that gets us most of the framework for a follower. Worst case scenario is modders can put them in then.

again i don't think that they should be like Fallout followers. cuz that can be very hard. (not including acting , and dialogue) honesty i would just be happy if they could just follow and attack stuff for you. I already talk to myself so yeah AHhahahhaHAH

also iv never heard that saying before

Are we going to see the return of the early game or are we still having the accellerated progression of A18?

Not sure what you mean. Hope you aren't actually asking for gates. My early game lasts plenty long and I don't try to rush stuff. But I know the ability to rush is there for those who want to play that way.

Not sure what you mean. Hope you aren't actually asking for gates. My early game lasts plenty long and I don't try to rush stuff. But I know the ability to rush is there for those who want to play that way.

A small POI completely encased in reinforced concrete by day 21 is where I'm going with this. People using cobblestone as the weakest material they build with, even using it to plan out walls because it's easier to get than wood and you have tools decent enough to break it within the first few days. Having steel tools by day 3... that sort of thing.

If the accellerated progression was a temporary way to get people to the mid-game quicker so that they could provide feedback for the relevant areas then fair enough, if it wasn't then I'd definitely say that there's a balancing issue.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived