Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

@Faatal We heard you since april 2019 talking about updating to Unity 2019.3, which means we can expect from 2019.1 stable Vulkan, performance improvements, better ambient occlusion, faster physics, final garbage collector and better tools for you, etc.

So now that 2019.3 is final and looks like a19exp is not coming very soon, can we asume new Unity is coming to a19?

^ so important

They are going to follow you around and shoot what they see if they have ammo. They auto heal you if your health is below 50% or you request it to heal you through the command interface.

This is just design document level stuff, we often tweak things as we go.

@Joel, will there also be enemy flying drones in the game in the future?

I really hope that one of the vehicle mods is an extra seat for the BIG motorcycle.

I cant tell you how much fun me and my partner would have riding around on the same motorcycle, one of us drive, the other takes pot shots or swings at zombies we pass.

bro your missing the Big picture!

LANCING with spears!

ill open my own "Medieval times" restaurant but with derbys and zombie killing!

Only 100 dukes per person , 50 for kids!!! not including food or chance of getting eatten

This^

Around higher tier buildings.

Besides another air threat sounds good.

my hope when NPC's come it can go something like this.

NPCs Survivors can spawn in there own camps rarely in POIS or even just moving around like Nomads searching in some POIs in Trash and items, some of them you can trade with but they have limited Dukes you can get when selling (liked like in fallout with vendors) zombies and bandits will try to kill them. Survivors can be friendly or hostile and spawn in "tiers" 1: is basically caveman and tier 4 is basically a Very high end survivor. and yes you can kill them too!

Bandits though can spawn in there own Camps , Rarely spawn in mid to small POIs or they Roam around in a patrol.

they can wear any kind of amor but any "off color" armor will be dyed black (like Cloth) they also have tiers too like survivors but they are a bit more complex.

some have classes like Bombs: they wear a Bandolier with pipe bombs and if you shot it they will try to run at you and they will blow up like a grenade (nothing crazy) and they chuck bombs at you.

Spear thrower: has a Pack on his back that allows him to throw stone spears at you.

Technician: has a junk drone following him!

and royal guards are basically super bandits. they have war paint and they are armed with the best armor and weapons but are rare!

my hope when NPC's come it can go something like this.

NPCs Survivors can spawn in there own camps rarely in POIS or even just moving around like Nomads searching in some POIs in Trash and items, some of them you can trade with but they have limited Dukes you can get when selling (liked like in fallout with vendors) zombies and bandits will try to kill them. Survivors can be friendly or hostile and spawn in "tiers" 1: is basically caveman and tier 4 is basically a Very high end survivor. and yes you can kill them too!

Bandits though can spawn in there own Camps , Rarely spawn in mid to small POIs or they Roam around in a patrol.

they can wear any kind of amor but any "off color" armor will be dyed black (like Cloth) they also have tiers too like survivors but they are a bit more complex.

some have classes like Bombs: they wear a Bandolier with pipe bombs and if you shot it they will try to run at you and they will blow up like a grenade (nothing crazy) and they chuck bombs at you.

Spear thrower: has a Pack on his back that allows him to throw stone spears at you.

Technician: has a junk drone following him!

and royal guards are basically super bandits. they have war paint and they are armed with the best armor and weapons but are rare!

Whose words are these? Can you give a link to the original? )

Whose words are these? Can you give a link to the original? )

"Well of course i know him. he's me"

but those are my hopes and dreams, Nothing official or Confirmed. honestly ill just be happy to see NPCs/Bandits into the game in general :D

cuz sometimes its kinda lonely in the wasteland. Sense i play only SOLO

Maybe you can Hire a NPC to follow you can guard and hold stuff for you. granted nothing like fallout/the elder scrolls/Any RPG game. so there wouldn't be Hardcore dialogue but its something like

"hey" , "i need a heal" , "i watch your back" etc

sorry to get your hopes up but that's just fan theory :(

Hey Laz, good morning to you or probably afternoon by now.

I wrapped up the new food descriptions for gumbo stew, etc.

Last week I integrated lots of new weapons like stone axe, wrench, pickaxes, iron fire axe etc.

I've been mostly doing management level stuff getting all the tasks written for all the firearms, that includes implementing new pbr versions of old weapons.

New candy should be completed this week, and perk overhaul is very close too, all in Gazz's hands though. Icons and desc's are done.

I've been combing over ISS and the junk drone designs getting ready to start tasking those, art is started on the junk sledge. Junk drone concept art is done.

I won't be doing any testing until about everything is ready.

Somebody might want to update the first page with this.

Hint, hint. :)

No way, Coors light is leagues better than old mud.

Anything taste better than old mud.

Captain Obvious ;)

- - - Updated - - -

First look at linear lighting and magnum redone for pbr

EPe_pVIUYAABPOn?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The shadows look much better in this shot and not so dark.

personally i think that the spear should have a Jab rather then a throw but..

yes i agree, at the very most a Stun, not a full knock down

I have been thinking about this and if you wanted a spear that had a thrust and a power thrust then use a shovel as a spear.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?85897-Shovel-spears&highlight=shovel+spears

I have been thinking about this and if you wanted a spear that had a thrust and a power thrust then use a shovel as a spear.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?85897-Shovel-spears&highlight=shovel+spears

well a shovel (at least in my book) is more of a blunt weapon to bash/slap someone with then shank (unless its dirt). yes you could uses it as a pike but a spear/pike is meant for long range shanking. a shovel was built to be a tool more then a weapon, plus a Shovel is a bit more top heavy. if i somehow had the power to change the spear i would give it Both. if you Hold R like a Reload you can chose. ("Power attack" or "throw") and while the throw would be stronger the opinion to do that and not get your spear eaten by a mountain.

Just use it, you will see what I mean. :)

i have but it just feels weird. its slower and you can't really "boost" damage with perks. plus the only Good shovel to deal damage with is the steel one. the rest feels like your hitting them with a Pool nodel.

i just think IMO that it would be nice if you had the choice to switch between the Jab and throw. i doubt that TFP will do that but its just a dream.

Edit: if it sounds like i'm being a jerk im not trying to sound like that. and im sorry

Edit 2: NOW the god is watching!

If we gonna get drones, could we get the military pois guarded by them? It would be so cool having to either sneak or fight off drones to get to the good loot. The drones from these poi would not shoot military zombies and hazmat suit zombies, but anything else is a go. They would have limited ammo since it would be abused and when killed you can get a small amount of ammo and wrench them for iron/electrical parts/forged iron or whatever. Just think about going to the red mesa/silo military base and have to fight off a bunch of drones/zombies just to get in the perimiter of the base.

No, these are end game INT player stuff. Bandits or special infected will provide plenty of challenge.

It might be cool for trader bob to have a junk drone pet he talks to or something.

if rekt had one it would just swear and throw rotten veggies at you. and ask for a tip!

Also Madmole i drew a Idea of how the Junk drone "could" look for fun. granted nothing as good as you or your team but its something.

WIN_20200130_10_54_27_Pro.jpg.df6c99df4b6e35343b95daf0d886f0d3.jpg

sorry thats its blurry i tried show it while not showing my face lol

No plans for that, but it would probably be easy. I don't want to turn it into star wars, Drones are intended to be late game player weapons.

Sorry, but if we have such weapons, why can't our enemies have them? It will be just an analogue of a vulture only from the world of people. They can also be in sleep mode and activated if you touch any motion sensors. They could only be at military bases and sometimes at large gangster bases.

I hope that you have not completely abandoned this idea, and enemy drones may appear in the game, but with your ingenious refinement of this idea.

Sorry, but if we have such weapons, why can't our enemies have them? It will be just an analogue of a vulture only from the world of people. They can also be in sleep mode and activated if you touch any motion sensors. They could only be at military bases and sometimes at large gangster bases.

I hope that you have not completely abandoned this idea, and enemy drones may appear in the game, but with your ingenious refinement of this idea.

well we don't even know how the bandits act. for all we know some may strap C4 on them and try to run at you! no knows

Archived