Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Joel, could you clarify the information about the junk turrets? Will the junk turrets be the first tier turrets of this type? Or will other turrets of the first tier appear in the game, and the current turrets will become the second tier turrets?

Junk sledge first, turrets will be 2nd tier and have stiffer requirements, and the junk drone is top tier and probably be int 10 to craft, or 50-100k at a trader if they have them at all.

I'm not really sure what your question is? Its powered by pixels on a screen.

Amazon has it in testing phases delivering packages with "Amazon Air", and there are

that take people to pre determined destinations, and there are hundreds for sale on Amazon. I'm sure an INT 10 player in a fictional future could build what we are planning.

i wound not want that thing driving me. i would rather ride with snowdog while im drunk. after the Club! no offence snow dog

Junk sledge first, turrets will be 2nd tier and have stiffer requirements, and the junk drone is top tier and probably be int 10 to craft, or 50-100k at a trader if they have them at all.

Will the drone turrets have different commands like stay, follow, defend area...etc?

Yes. No defend command, they shoot on sight already. If you leave range they power down though like the current junk turrets.

Will they have a patrol command? Say you're inside your 11x11 tower and you can command it to "circle" (well, square) the perimeter of your base to act as an early warning system while you, for example, organize your chests, as long as it's within range?

Edit: Then again, motion sensors, turrets, and other electrical devices can already serve this function.

@MM

So the theirs. Junk sleigh , Junker drone , Tactical AR , tier 3 shotgun and Sniper, and the Deagle.

anything else coming or that's it cuz if so that's great! Variety is the Spice of life after all. (not trying to sound greedy or ungrateful, if i sound so, im not. just curious)

to cut it short. anything else are we getting?

Will they have a patrol command? Say you're inside your 11x11 tower and you can command it to "circle" (well, square) the perimeter of your base to act as an early warning system while you, for example, organize your chests, as long as it's within range?

Edit: Then again, motion sensors, turrets, and other electrical devices can already serve this function.

They are going to follow you around and shoot what they see if they have ammo. They auto heal you if your health is below 50% or you request it to heal you through the command interface.

This is just design document level stuff, we often tweak things as we go.

@MM

So the theirs. Junk sleigh , Junker drone , Tactical AR , tier 3 shotgun and Sniper, and the Deagle.

anything else coming or that's it cuz if so that's great! Variety is the Spice of life after all. (not trying to sound greedy or ungrateful, if i sound so, im not. just curious)

to cut it short. anything else are we getting?

Possibly plasma rounds or something like that for the junk weapons so they have a higher tier ammo like everything else.

Also is it just me or do the textures look 4k? I haven't seen such nice quality textures in a18.

Gamma lighting was destroying our beautiful art. Imagine washing out all the lights and then putting a blur filter on. A LOT of adjustments had to be made to art and the engine to fix everything so we needed a full alpha where Faatal could focus on it and more art staff. We're finally there! Now the engine matches how it looks in those kickass substance renders I post.

Awesome! Looking forward to alpha 19, and based off of what faatal said, it could come out in a few weeks or something?

you can't rush Art!

- - - Updated - - -

Gamma lighting was destroying our beautiful art. Imagine washing out all the lights and then putting a blur filter on. A LOT of adjustments had to be made to art and the engine to fix everything so we needed a full alpha where Faatal could focus on it and more art staff. We're finally there! Now the engine matches how it looks in those kickass substance renders I post.

well im taking your word that it should run better for my PC but, im hyped for alpha 19!

They are going to follow you around and shoot what they see if they have ammo. They auto heal you if your health is below 50% or you request it to heal you through the command interface.

I had no doubt that one day there would be such a thing...

I had no doubt that one day there would be such a thing...

Yeah, when I was a kid watching star trek and they were using "communicators" I made one out of wood and glued buttons and a flip up lid and everything thinking someday we'll have real ones, and then came cell phones. Now if they can just "beam me up"!

Yeah, when I was a kid watching star trek and they were using "communicators" I made one out of wood and glued buttons and a flip up lid and everything thinking someday we'll have real ones, and then came cell phones. Now if they can just "beam me up"!

7 days to die goes Star Trek, try to survive on a Borg (Zombies) infected Colony...

I can still dream :-)

Hey MM,

Just curious about the implications of a hovering drone.

So if there is a hovering drone are there hover cars, hover sleds.

Thinking more in terms of world building here.

Is this a tech that is a military item and thus rare.

If not rare tech why not more evidence of this tech in the world.

I do get that its a new feature and thus may not have had its ramifications in the world building atm.

Is it a simple brushless motor tech driven multi-prop or some other tech. You have said many time already that we have hovering drones and robotics is very advanced. That is indeed true. The engines just have an influence on the world.

I guess it could be a new tech that came out a month before Z day, that would reduce the influence.

Any thoughts/comments?

Cheers :)

I think it’ll make since once we have more story and bandits settlements in the game. With everybody in the world making weaponized tech. Maybe a crazy inventor character would help with this. Maybe a steam punkish high tech faction. Eh! :D

Will this have an effect on performance? I can imagine that with updated graphics/lightning, performance will suffer.

But it looks great!

@Faatal We heard you since april 2019 talking about updating to Unity 2019.3, which means we can expect from 2019.1 stable Vulkan, performance improvements, better ambient occlusion, faster physics, final garbage collector and better tools for you, etc.

So now that 2019.3 is final and looks like a19exp is not coming very soon, can we asume new Unity is coming to a19?

If we gonna get drones, could we get the military pois guarded by them? It would be so cool having to either sneak or fight off drones to get to the good loot. The drones from these poi would not shoot military zombies and hazmat suit zombies, but anything else is a go. They would have limited ammo since it would be abused and when killed you can get a small amount of ammo and wrench them for iron/electrical parts/forged iron or whatever. Just think about going to the red mesa/silo military base and have to fight off a bunch of drones/zombies just to get in the perimiter of the base.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived