madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

4 hours ago, madmole said:

We generally do not back port major features because it can be time consuming and it waters down the next alpha.

Thanks for the info. I'll be there to test on my potato when the changes come online, whenever that is and when it's needed.

That's definitely not what she said.

7 hours ago, madmole said:

We generally do not back port major features because it can be time consuming and it waters down the next alpha.

@faatal is already watering down the next alpha... :heh:

• Haha 1
  • Knuckle Rub 1

Hello @madmole , what are you working on right now?   and other question

When your brother and you don,t agree on something...how do you fix it? Who commands more?  

a greeting

Awesome Stuff..

Would like to see you guys making crafting a bit harder in the game.

Like wood frames that uses nails and a crafting table , or hand craft can be like 200% slower.

Concrete needs like water and bucket for each 100 or so.

Smaller detail in crafting gear and weapons.

And most important is to put weapons, Tools and gear degrade stats on. Fk its so boring running from day 35 with the same tier 6 shotgun and gear and Boom 1x repair kit and I'm good again.

Transport can use more that A repair kit to jump from 50% durability to 100%

So much i can think of.

But never the Least BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE DEV TEAM

• Like 2
  • Poop 1

Good day Madmole 

I have question and really hoping it is on the list as a major one ... Will the (SMG and Shotgun turret) issue be fixed in next update or Soon.

That so many of us are having issues with it .. I know it has been reported, but haven't seen anything on it per say.

Once we start placing or installing Turrets .. the game will start glitching out madly, items start popping and out of view  ( But if we pick them back up _ it will stop .. in my games anyway ) ..

This will happen in a Vanilla or Modded games .. it doesn't care and it is a turret issue somehow.

Never happened in earlier version that I know about .. Just started in A19+

Thank you for time and Take Care _ Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

On 10/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Anthonydevidal said:

Hello @madmole , what are you working on right now?   and other question

When your brother and you don,t agree on something...how do you fix it? Who commands more?  

a greeting

I'm designing character outfits and their perks. I have a beard and big muscles so nobody dares to argue with me! But seriously we don't generally disagree and if we do, we tend to land on something no one hates but most people like or love. It's typically a bigger conversation than just Rick and I though.

4 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day Madmole 

I have question and really hoping it is on the list as a major one ... Will the (SMG and Shotgun turret) issue be fixed in next update or Soon.

That so many of us are having issues with it .. I know it has been reported, but haven't seen anything on it per say.

Once we start placing or installing Turrets .. the game will start glitching out madly, items start popping and out of view  ( But if we pick them back up _ it will stop .. in my games anyway ) ..

This will happen in a Vanilla or Modded games .. it doesn't care and it is a turret issue somehow.

Never happened in earlier version that I know about .. Just started in A19+

Thank you for time and Take Care _ Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

All bugs need to go to the bug forum. Thanks.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, madmole said:

It Has been many times, by me and others .. since A19 came out.

Thank you 

@madmole Is there a loose date for the first WIP show off stream for A20 that you guys are willing to share?

14 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

@madmole Is there a loose date for the first WIP show off stream for A20 that you guys are willing to share?

Really soon unless things change.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, madmole said:

🙂

cover4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

@madmole Do you have an idea for when you'll start the A20 Dev Diary?

Whenever we nail down a date for the stream event.

44 minutes ago, madmole said:

Whenever we nail down a date for the stream event.

I've nailed many dates.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, madmole said:

I'm designing character outfits and their perks. I have a beard and big muscles so nobody dares to argue with me! But seriously we don't generally disagree and if we do, we tend to land on something no one hates but most people like or love. It's typically a bigger conversation than just Rick and I though.

So I gather that you guys will make fully dressed npcs. Or will they be able to get naked ? 

Npcs dressed in sections like the player are cool and, honestly, while coders are in short supply when game systems are still developing, you guys have an amazing 3d artist team to invest time in those armor/clothing sets without cheaping off and using just fully dressed people. 

NUMBERS: The 3d artist team pulled off more than 350 assets and entities in less than 9 months. Some of those models were way more than just props. The current total amount of dressing assets  is LESS THAN 100 pieces including armour, wearables and clothing. It's doable.

So I understand that making fully dressed npcs can seem easier in the medium term, but it isn't really because you MUST create/tweak 1 more npc model each time you want a different clothing/armour applied. A character creation tool made from scratch will result in the problem being solved quite fast. From there it's just a little time invested on a proportion standard for all 3d models to avoid body clipping with hair and body and between other pieces of wearable stuff .  

Creating a human entity will be extremely fast with a character creator tool. Clothing is never easy, but achievable using the asian guy artist for armour to avoid clipping problems, LOL (I've seen his work, and I am impressed with the modularity of the assets) . 

• Poop 1

So side comment. What is the name of the channel and where do the devs stream? I just catch the replays on YouTube and would like to catch it live. 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, IrishRed said:

So side comment. What is the name of the channel and where do the devs stream? I just catch the replays on YouTube and would like to catch it live. 

Thank you!

https://www.twitch.tv/fubar_prime

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

So I gather that you guys will make fully dressed npcs. Or will they be able to get naked ? 

Npcs dressed in sections like the player are cool and, honestly, while coders are in short supply when game systems are still developing, you guys have an amazing 3d artist team to invest time in those armor/clothing sets without cheaping off and using just fully dressed people. 

NUMBERS: The 3d artist team pulled off more than 350 assets and entities in less than 9 months. Some of those models were way more than just props. The current total amount of dressing assets  is LESS THAN 100 pieces including armour, wearables and clothing. It's doable.

So I understand that making fully dressed npcs can seem easier in the medium term, but it isn't really because you MUST create/tweak 1 more npc model each time you want a different clothing/armour applied. A character creation tool made from scratch will result in the problem being solved quite fast. From there it's just a little time invested on a proportion standard for all 3d models to avoid body clipping with hair and body and between other pieces of wearable stuff .  

Creating a human entity will be extremely fast with a character creator tool. Clothing is never easy, but achievable using the asian guy artist for armour to avoid clipping problems, LOL (I've seen his work, and I am impressed with the modularity of the assets) . 

It might not even go into A20 so I'm not really going to talk about it yet. Its concepts and paper design at the moment and requires code to work. I'm just saying what I'm working on and it could be A21.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, madmole said:

Soon? you mean anyday? or Next Month? 

either way i can't wait to see what y'all brewed up!

ALSO THE KING HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
it been awhile! aside from twitter! Go follow joel! 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Slam Table GIFs | Tenor
i feel for it!

But A19.2 Stable is out, good progress so far, enjoy and thank you Pimps ! 🤠

Btw, Pimps, are you having a plan to add Razer devices support ? 

Edited by beerfly
Razer, not Razor, almost made you barbers :P (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just want to say thanks to the devs for being so active and responding to forum comments. It's so nice compared to many other early access devs that basically ignore all feedback and don't interact with their player base at all.

19.2 has been great so far IMO, only issue I have run into is still the stamina drain on mining being so high it makes it pretty hard to really do. I think if Blackstrap coffee / the recipe for it wasn't so rare there might actually be a way to mine pre-Auger but atm on all my A19 runs I have basically stopped mining until late game when I've got an auger.

In my current run I've found like 2 total blackstrap coffee, no recipe for how to make it, and eggs  for bacon and eggs / decent food are too rare to really make mining feasible. Instead off spending a night in a mine, I'm way better  off just spending that time wrenching cars or looting houses and scrapping everything metal I find, even with Rock busters.  Gunpowder mining takes way longer than just finding / buying bullets and buying the gunpowder outright, same with cement and cobblestone etc. Currently in A19, you can essentially never touch a mine and probably be further along than someone who actually mines

I'm loving the Junk Sledges now, I honestly use them more than the Junk Turret most of the time to conserve resources. Stun Baton is also less off a meme thanks to junk sledges. Dual Junk Sledge + Stun Baton can work pretty well, although I think Stun Baton requiring a unique candy just for it is kind of weird since all the other weapons just get buffed from their perks + skulll crushers. The Stun baton candy being a max rank perk reward  instead would make the baton a bit more appealing than clubs

Just a small nitpick, only thing I've been running into is basically just mining being a bit more work than it's really worth / needed.

6 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

please tell me you guys are going to have bandits in alpha 20?

Bandits are probably the last thing they'll add to the game since they'll need to keep into account most of the stuff in the world around them. Imagine if they added bandits and after that reworked water... they'd need to change the way they deal with water afterwards (swimming, voiding it or using it in some way) and waste a lot of time.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Zombiepoptard said:

they said they would in alpha 20

True, but it was an estimate, it wasn't written on rock.

7D2D roadmap has changed a lot of times based on what they find out and need while developing the game, it's not as simple as choosing a destination and going there.

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Bandits are probably the last thing they'll add to the game since they'll need to keep into account most of the stuff in the world around them. Imagine if they added bandits and after that reworked water... they'd need to change the way they deal with water afterwards (swimming, voiding it or using it in some way) and waste a lot of time.

I disagree. I don't see any serious connection between bandits and water. I'm sure they want bandits and NPcs generally in the game as early as possible to balance them against 10k players and to debug their pathfinding. Also the story depends on NPCs and bandits and therefore would have to be later than bandits.