madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

They need to add at least a few more T5's. And figure out a way to make them have more value. Maybe when legendary items are added T5's could have a higher chance of having one or something?

Also, when the biome balancing is done and the wasteland if real dangerous, smaller POIs there could be considered T5 just due to the location.

I agree with the T5 Buildings. Dont have to be high rise buildings. Bunkers, Stadions, Swimming Hall, Airport Prefab(s). All those could be T5.
Sadly, Madmole seems to hate them wich in turn makes it highly unlikely we will see more.

They hinted about a possibility to make several different quests in bigger buildings focusing on a single area or level of a building that might make them more attractive again.

17 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

I agree with the T5 Buildings. Dont have to be high rise buildings. Bunkers, Stadions, Swimming Hall, Airport Prefab(s). All those could be T5.
Sadly, Madmole seems to hate them wich in turn makes it highly unlikely we will see more.

They hinted about a possibility to make several different quests in bigger buildings focusing on a single area or level of a building that might make them more attractive again.

Hate is such a strong word.  The problem with T5's is mostly they take a ton of time to make (e.g. 1 month based on what the level designers said) thus the aversion with them.  Hopefully that means we will be getting more T3's and T4's in the near future if they have shifted focus away from T5's for now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aldranon said:

The apartment complex tier-5(?) is no fun in a clear all.  Just Ugh.

But that's me, and I now avoid it like the plague.

Tier-4's are generally my favorite, with their "Goldilocks zone" of good loot, nice challenge and time spent.

Yeah I've got this one on my list & am curious how long it's gonna take. I remember raiding it on the ps4 (if it's the same apartment building) and it took forever. 

Although I'm sure it's been updated and will take even longer than it did back then.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Hate is such a strong word.  The problem with T5's is mostly they take a ton of time to make (e.g. 1 month based on what the level designers said) thus the aversion with them.  Hopefully that means we will be getting more T3's and T4's in the near future if they have shifted focus away from T5's for now.

Agreed. Let me correct it to "Strongly dislike" :)

And of course T5-Categories are not a must have, alltough i still would like to see more of them.

I need/want Buildings i can sink a lot of time in, that are not rushed in 12 minutes and bring some Action in them. Love for example the Red-Mesa Bunker and thats a T4.
So youre right. Let me rephrase my original Comment to.

Please more complex Prefabs, less Buildings that are all alike :)

2 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Agreed. Let me correct it to "Strongly dislike" :)

And of course T5-Categories are not a must have, alltough i still would like to see more of them.

I need/want Buildings i can sink a lot of time in, that are not rushed in 12 minutes and bring some Action in them. Love for example the Red-Mesa Bunker and thats a T4.
So youre right. Let me rephrase my original Comment to.

Please more complex Prefabs, less Buildings that are all alike :)

More iconic locations would definitely be a plus.  An airport or mall would be nice additions.  I have a few POIs in the cooker that will hopefully keep people entertained until some new ones are released by the devs.  :)

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, SheeleMara said:

Anyone else having problems completing Tier 5 Quests? Keep getting disconnected and thought at first from the way the lag gradually increased while clearing the building that maybe it was a memory leak but then I noticed that I lost internet connection entirely the last time it happened so now I'm not so sure that it's the case. Not having any problems with connectivity issues at any other point during playing the game except during Tier 5 Quests though. 

Have you started fresh since the b180 stable released? Maybe this is why. I've done 3 tier 5 quests & they have went fine for me. 

The hospital in Diersville, the shamway factory in the wasteland (or is it burnt forest), and the school in the winter biome I think was a tier 5. All on Navezgane map.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

More iconic locations would definitely be a plus.  An airport or mall would be nice additions.  I have a few POIs in the cooker that will hopefully keep people entertained until some new ones are released by the devs.  :)

Dude an airport would be badass!! Good idea.

12 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Yeah I've got this one on my list & am curious how long it's gonna take. I remember raiding it on the ps4 (if it's the same apartment building) and it took forever. 

Although I'm sure it's been updated and will take even longer than it did back then.

Hopefully that changes in the future as there is a prefeb editor feature that will allow creators to exclude sleepers from the clear objective hopefully making it less painful to miss zombies for the clear objective (e.g. random vulture or zombie hiding in some remote closet lol).

Just now, Laz Man said:

Hopefully that changes in the future as there is a prefeb editor feature that will allow creators to exclude sleepers from the clear objective hopefully making it less painful to miss zombies for the clear objective (e.g. random vulture or zombie hiding in some remote closet lol).

I don't mind them so much, it's kind of fun but I'm already seeing repeat tier 5 quests and really don't wanna do them again, simply due to the time it takes to complete.

I love your ideas of the airport or shopping mall.

But it obviously takes them a long time to create the huge POI's and then path them out so I get why there are limited tier 5's so soon. 

They don't even gotta be so huge though, could just put really tough enemies in them or something. 

41 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I don't mind them so much, it's kind of fun but I'm already seeing repeat tier 5 quests and really don't wanna do them again, simply due to the time it takes to complete.

But it obviously takes them a long time to create the huge POI's and then path them out so I get why there are limited tier 5's so soon. 

They don't even gotta be so huge though, could just put really tough enemies in them or something. 

I would assume each tier should take roughly X amount of time to complete regardless of size.  Otherwise some POIs will be more OP then others when it comes to questing / rewards.  Just a wild guess but since POI quest objectives get reset if you logout then back in, I would assume they probably don't want questing the upper tier POIs to take too much time to complete.

• Like 1

that apartment complex. is that the big bock of 7 stories or so with 4 apartments per level?

thats a great nighttime activity that you can nicely fortify as you go to isolate the floors ahead  and behind to give warning. loot the crap out of it for food and recipes in all those juicy kitchens. wrench everything for lots of materials with some nice stashes thrown in.  perfect for the first night you get a head light.

if its a different one then @%$# knows 

These are two different POIs. There is the old non-dungeon apartment complex where there are hardly any zombies and then there is the T5 dungenstyle POI with lots of zombies and mines on the roof.

27 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

that apartment complex. is that the big bock of 7 stories or so with 4 apartments per level?

thats a great nighttime activity that you can nicely fortify as you go to isolate the floors ahead  and behind to give warning. loot the crap out of it for food and recipes in all those juicy kitchens. wrench everything for lots of materials with some nice stashes thrown in.  perfect for the first night you get a head light.

if its a different one then @%$# knows 

I think the poi you're talking about is the old one in the desert (Navezgane map). Yes this is great as a base/home. I believe it was my 2nd base when I played on ps4. Sure took a while to raid. 

I'm curious how it is now, haven't raided it since console days.

11 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

These are two different POIs. There is the old non-dungeon apartment complex where there are hardly any zombies and then there is the T5 dungenstyle POI with lots of zombies and mines on the roof.

Is the tier 5 the ostrich hotel or is there another one?

44 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Is the tier 5 the ostrich hotel or is there another one?

The ostrich hotel is yet another POI. The entrance of the T5 POI is an underground car park and at its entrance there is a bus with some wooden spikes in front of it.

It looks like this:

apartment_brick_6_flr.jpg.70393f58d1ba5a36328e3db7449da124.jpg

If you want to find it on a map then type the command tppoi in the console and search for apartment_brick_6_flr.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

The ostrich hotel is yet another POI. The entrance of the T5 POI is an underground car park and at its entrance there is a bus with some wooden spikes in front of it.

It looks like this:

If you want to find it on a map then type the command tppoi in the console and search for apartment_brick_6_flr.

Damn.....that's a big azz poi, lol

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

It looks like this:

That one might be in Gravetowne (wasteland) on the Navezgane map.  

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I'll do some recon to double check in a bit, but iirc the one in Graves Towne is the non-dungeon, bust down every door in the building one. Wife and I puttered by that one after chasing down a Rapheal's treasure and it didn't look to have been swapped out from the one that was there in A18.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

yep gravetowne "apartment_brick_6_flr"

<decoration type="model" name="apartment_brick_6_flr" position="-506,54,-467" rotation="1" />

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Hey, i have a question. What's up with the steam store screenshots, showing what the game doesn't have available? (Stripper, business, fat hawaiian zombies with new models).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Recon done, it is the one pictured. Looks like they did swap it out and I just derp my identification of it while we passed it.

30 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

yep gravetowne "apartment_brick_6_flr"

<decoration type="model" name="apartment_brick_6_flr" position="-506,54,-467" rotation="1" />

Nice to have independent confirmation from QA rockstars. :) Not all of us make use of the F1 or dm settings though.

A visual for those wondering "Wtf do they mean by apartment_brick_6_flr??":

A19.0_2020-09-07_08-18-18.thumb.jpg.fa1d1cf6cead2fae25a332485c42e783.jpg

That said, holy crap the Wasteland eats frame rate.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

The Compo Pack has an airport, and it's one of the more nasty (and time consuming) places to visit. It's valid as a T5 quest. A lot of work went into it by its author.

There are some department stores, but I don't recall seeing an actual shopping mall (indoor) so we can play Dawn of the Dead.

-Morloc

From what I remember from devs posts earlier in the thread the plan for A20 is not to add any more T5s. Instead they want to allow you to have more options when picking quests. So that you can select the tier of quest that you want as long as that tier is unlocked. Which will allow you to go back and do earlier tier POIs instead of being stuck with T5s.

Basically instead of having to do the same T5s over and over you can go back to doing the much more plentiful T2 to T4s.

2 minutes ago, Morloc said:

The Compo Pack has an airport, and it's one of the more nasty (and time consuming) places to visit. It's valid as a T5 quest. A lot of work went into it by its author.

There are some department stores, but I don't recall seeing an actual shopping mall (indoor) so we can play Dawn of the Dead.

-Morloc

There are 2 Malls out there that are popular.  HN's No Hope Mall by Hernan and Eden Center Mall by CaptainWhiskerBiscuits and MentalNinja.

34 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Hey, i have a question. What's up with the steam store screenshots, showing what the game doesn't have available? (Stripper, business, fat hawaiian zombies with new models).

Oh wow, they revealed the new stripper zombie on the steam store page.  Looking good!

ss_5c776b076a7408c362d3452efb08425938931

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There are 2 Malls out there that are popular.  HN's No Hope Mall by Hernan and Eden Center Mall by CaptainWhiskerBiscuits and MentalNinja.

Oh wow, they revealed the new stripper zombie on the steam store page.  Looking good!

ss_5c776b076a7408c362d3452efb08425938931

Yeah, but even though they WILL add it. It's false advertisement at its current state, I actually got hyped for nothing (thinking they added more stuff in 19.0 after b180, but didn't show in the patch notes).

• Confused 1
  • Poop 1

On 9/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Outlaw_187 said:

I don't see how people do tier 5 quests playing anything less than 90 min days. 

I just did the shamway factory in the wasteland (Navezgane) and I barely finished the mission at 2130, started at 0330. 

Now I do try to sneak attack when possible & loot everything. I'm a bit of a pack rat too, I HATE leaving stuff behind. 

I also did the shotgun messiah factory a few days ago & this one took me into the night, I think 0030 or so is when I finished it, starting around 0600 or so.

I now have the hospital to do....saving an entire day for that as well.

Maybe I just need to speed my azz up, I don't know....

Why can't you do it at night?

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

-Morloc

try the dod mall then. it's in the cp as well