madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

27 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Well, could be worse. It could be your humble opinion.

he would actually ave to have humility for that to be an option. just an unprofessional opinion here.

28 minutes ago, Gazz said:

In my respectful opinion, that gave me a few chuckles.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Opinions are like farts, nobody wants to hear someone else's.

That's because people are too sensitive and defensive nowadays (the age of civil discussion is closing its final chapter), but I suppose that has always been the case in some way. If you knock and arrow and point it at a target, and someone off to the side tells you that you are aiming at an incorrect angle, it's basic human nature to take the shot anyway.

*an arrow

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

I say "IMO" quite often here.... because so many people on this board present their opinions as facts.   I feel the need to emphasize that I am not doing that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Opininions are like string. Every yo-yo has one.

😛

52 minutes ago, Kalen said:

because so many people on this board present their opinions as facts.  

In YOUR opinion

This could actually be fun... I can see why people do it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

In YOUR opinion

This could actually be fun... I can see why people do it.

Fun in your opinion, or is that an observation? A biased observation, which can circle back to an opinion? Or am I too opinionated? Or is that your opinion?

;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Well i hate hearing and smelling the...

oh wait thats just my Air pits that smell like Sulfur  

Desert Vulture + High Agility + Stealth = da love

1 shot radiated nasties over and over :)

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Desert Vulture + High Agility + Stealth = da love

1 shot radiated nasties over and over :)

spacer.png

It truly is my favorite pistol in any game, with it being in 7 days i fell more in love

Some more feedback (positive this time):

1. Props to the Dev that reworked this POI. It is beautiful (used to be a tiny tin shack with a yard and something special underneath, completely void of enemies, not any more though).

A19.0_2020-09-03_23-32-48.thumb.jpg.b0a7d7831bf278249a75faf18ac62fc2.jpg

2. My wife is enjoying the game so much that every moment she has available she's bugging me to co-op with her in it. 👍

• Like 3

On 9/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, Jost Amman said:

🤢🤮 (there's reaction that fit!) lol. That is so freaky 😮 I would literally move countries :plane:🦟🦟🦟🦟

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Some more feedback (positive this time):

1. Props to the Dev that reworked this POI. It is beautiful (used to be a tiny tin shack with a yard and something special underneath, completely void of enemies, not any more though).

A19.0_2020-09-03_23-32-48.thumb.jpg.b0a7d7831bf278249a75faf18ac62fc2.jpg

2. My wife is enjoying the game so much that every moment she has available she's bugging me to co-op with her in it. 👍

You mean the shed with the colorful fence surrounding it or...?

@anyone does anybody know if the recent FPS issue is being looked into? Since A19:B169 I have had some pretty severe low FPS. I went from being able to run on near Ultra settings with between 60-100 FPS and am now looking at 30-70 FPS on mid-low video settings. I know this isn't game breaking, but my wife's computer is running it even worse when in LAN co-op at a max of 45-50 FPS, but more commonly 15-25 FPS. Just wanted to see if it is being looked into and if we as a community could do anything to assist in the process. Thanks everybody.

1 hour ago, NightRanger said:

@anyone does anybody know if the recent FPS issue is being looked into? Since A19:B169 I have had some pretty severe low FPS. I went from being able to run on near Ultra settings with between 60-100 FPS and am now looking at 30-70 FPS on mid-low video settings. I know this isn't game breaking, but my wife's computer is running it even worse when in LAN co-op at a max of 45-50 FPS, but more commonly 15-25 FPS. Just wanted to see if it is being looked into and if we as a community could do anything to assist in the process. Thanks everybody.

I believe this has been reported and most people solve it by turning down the terrain quality.

18 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

So the Structural Brace mod doesn't work for stone tools... apparently. Interesting change. *Shrug*

I am pretty sure it does, but I will honestly say that I haven't payed that close of attention. Have you tried it on anything besides a Q6?

1 minute ago, Reckis said:

I believe this has been reported and most people solve it by turning down the terrain quality.

I am pretty sure it does, but I will honestly say that I haven't payed that close of attention. Have you tried it on anything besides a Q6?

A quality 5 level shovel, didn't visually indicate anything other than +damage, no extra durability.

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

A quality 5 level shovel, didn't visually indicate anything other than +damage, no extra durability.

Thats because they changed how the structural brace works. Used to give a durability bonus, now it reduces degradation by 25%. Just looked it up.

Thats because they changed how the structural brace works. Used to give a durability bonus, now it reduces degradation by 25%. Just looked it up.

So... what's the difference?

Edit: I normally don't ask for numbers but... does this mean that we simply add 25% on top of the tool's integrity? If so, the need for the change was...?

5 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

So... what's the difference?

Edit: I normally don't ask for numbers but... does this mean that we simply add 25% on top of the tool's integrity? If so, the need for the change was...?

I would think that it means that the amount of degradation per swing is reduced by 25%. So, say you hit a boulder with your stone axe and it degrades by 4 durability without the brace, with the brace it would only degrade by 3 durability.

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

I would think that it means that the amount of degradation per swing is reduced by 25%. So, say you hit a boulder with your stone axe and it degrades by 5 durability without the brace, with the brace it would only degrade by 4 durability.

Doesn't durability now accurately represent the item's integrity? (ex. 300 = 300 swings until broken.) So that... wouldn't make much sense.

Very confusing, but I want to hope the mod is still worth it.

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Doesn't durability now accurately represent the item's integrity? (ex. 300 = 300 swings until broken.) So that... wouldn't make much sense.

Very confusing, but I want to hope the mod is still worth it.

It would amount to the same thing, just because you cant see the decimals doesn't mean they don't exist. Unfortunately, without a deeper understanding of the code or XML (whichever applies in this case), the only way to be certain would be to count the swings you get with and without the brace.

2 minutes ago, Reckis said:

It would amount to the same thing, just because you cant see the decimals doesn't mean they don't exist. Unfortunately, without a deeper understanding of the code or XML (whichever applies in this case), the only way to be certain would be to count the swings you get with and without the brace.

Alright, good to know. It's probably best that TFP didn't say anything in the first place since it would undoubtedly cause some rage within some members of the community. I personally don't mind, it caught me off guard is all.

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Alright, good to know. It's probably best that TFP didn't say anything in the first place since it would undoubtedly cause some rage within some members of the community. I personally don't mind, it caught me off guard is all.

Unwarranted rage, I would have to say. It would actually work out to give you more at the high end (Q6) than a flat durability bump.