Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

17 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

You know I really Hate the New Buried Treasure circle .. I never had this Problem before with the Red flashing box.

I feel like I'm digging half the forest Now .. and that ping just doesn't do a darn thing for  me. CAN we go back to the old system, please.

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_08.31_-_16_27_40_77.png

@JCrook1028 have a good video on how to dig treasure pretty quick!   

Hope this helps.

So I risk life and limb to complete a T5 Clear quest at a Shotgun Messiah Factory, almost dying on three separate occasions, and after I completed my mission with only a shred of my unbruised, unbroken body left and I crawl back to Trader Rekt for compensation, what is the first thing he says to me? "Get lost, bum!" Somebody needs to teach him some manners. SMH. 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, CrazyCelt said:

@madmole
Hey Madmole, first of all - let me say that I'm really enjoying A19; the rebalancing, HD upgrades, new weapons, shiny new & fancy POIs and so on... the game has transformed in awesome ways since I started in A11!  Keep up the great work... it's worth the wait.

Now, I thought I'd mention something I've recently discovered (it's pretty niche / obscure, and I haven't found anything on this when searching the forums):  my mother plays 7 Days a ton, and she loves it. Her preferred playstyle is without enemy spawns enabled; exploring / upgrading / mining / etc.
She has run into three specific issues / quirks relating to playing with enemies off:

1) Tier 4 / 5 Quests are not offered with enemy spawns off

- in Quests.xml the fetch-only quests are currently commented out, leaving only clear / clear & fetch T4/5 quests available. It seems the game automatically prevents these from being offered (subbing lower-tier quests instead) with enemies off, so using the setting = no Tier 4 or 5 quests appearing in the list.

2) Wolves spawn regardless of enemy spawns being disabled

- In entitygroups.xml wolves are separately included as 'wildlife' (under "WildGameForest") in addition to enemy spawns ("EnemyAnimalsForest"), so they spawn either way.

3) Buried Supplies quests still spawn the suprise ambush wave of zombies with spawns disabled
   - In Quests.xml the Buried Supplies quests have "hard-coded" spawns that ignore the 'no enemies' setting.

I've been able to remedy all of these cases for her via editing the XML, but I figured since it's likely that very few people play 7DTD without enemies, it may have slipped under the radar.  :)

These don't necessarily seem to be bugs, as it all looks intentional in the code, but I expect the side effects for those playing without enemies are unintended (of course, that group must be <1%, but I thought it was worth the mention).

1 and 3 definitely are bugs and could be posted in the bug-section if anyone is interested in getting these fixed.

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

No A20 thread yet... I bet A20 was cancelled, game is officially D E A D.

;)

We Need a A20 thread! SNOWDOG RAN OUT OF OIL! AND HE IS GOING TO STEAL MINE!!

ITS MY OIL TO RUB ON MY SELF! MINE! NO THATS MY OIL! STOP IT! BAD SNOWDOG! *BEATING HIM WITH A STICK* STOP IT! NO BAD BAD! NO ITS NOT PLEASURE!!! STOP! NO! NO! NOOOOO!

21 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

You know I really Hate the New Buried Treasure circle .. I never had this Problem before with the Red flashing box.

I feel like I'm digging half the forest Now .. and that ping just doesn't do a darn thing for  me. CAN we go back to the old system, please.

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_08.31_-_16_27_40_77.png

Maybe because it was broken before and did not properly randomize the location with the area?

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Oh @#$&...

7_Days_To_Die_2020-09-01_9_13_07_AM.thumb.png.91ddc3034162a5fa2d716bc4456fd7bb.png

I just had this happen to me the other day while maneuvering to cheekily loot all of the good stuff atop a Shotgun Messiah Factory w/out having to clear the Zombies out first. Bounced off the top of the factory from above 40 blocks up while taking no damage, came to rest on the ground after falling another 30 blocks for 50 Damage to HP oddly enough.  

A couple of recipe ideas; 

Hand Sanitizer - 1xGrain Alcohol + 1xAloe Cream - Reduces the chance to contract dysentery or infection by 5% for 1 minute, effect doesn't stack. 

Wooden Shield/Iron Shield/Steel Shield Mod - Can only be equipped to Clubs, Spears, Hunting Knives, and Machetes. Replaces the Power Attack with a Block Attack option that transfers HP damage from hits on you into Durability damage for your weapon, with said damage being reduced by 5/15/25% for the type of shield used. 

16 minutes ago, SheeleMara said:

Hand Sanitizer - 1xGrain Alcohol + 1xAloe Cream - Reduces the chance to contract dysentery or infection by 5% for 1 minute, effect doesn't stack. 

Wooden Shield/Iron Shield/Steel Shield Mod - Can only be equipped to Clubs, Spears, Hunting Knives, and Machetes. Replaces the Power Attack with a Block Attack option that transfers HP damage from hits on you into Durability damage for your weapon, with said damage being reduced by 5/15/25% for the type of shield used. 

I get the Hand Sanitizer though it would need to be buffed a bit more and add water but imo I don't think shields would work in 7DtD current state. Besides it would require them to change combat again which I'm not sure they'd want to do again to soon. Not a terrible idea though I think they'd be better off adding an off hand system to fully implement it realistically. 🙂

With A20 they are planing on being weapon complete with the added tier 0 guns and hopefully more Intellect weapons. So we do not expect any major changes in regard to combat. That is other then the possibility of improved animations especially when active NPCs are added and a HD player rework.

2 hours ago, SheeleMara said:

I was actually just thinking of that the other day, grain alcohol should have some use baseline as a cure for some problem. I thought of hygene as one, just a regular infection bar or something where you lose hygene after getting hit by zombies, jumping in dirty water or doing anything dirty. Bad hygene increases infection rate, gives dyssentry after a certain amount, increases heal time of other issues or something.

2 minutes ago, bloodmoth13 said:

I was actually just thinking of that the other day, grain alcohol should have some use baseline as a cure for some problem. I thought of hygene as one, just a regular infection bar or something where you lose hygene after getting hit by zombies, jumping in dirty water or doing anything dirty. Bad hygene increases infection rate, gives dyssentry after a certain amount, increases heal time of other issues or something.

I read the first part of your comment as "hygiene" lol. "Sure, I'm just going to chug this glass of grain alcohol after every meal!" 😛

6 minutes ago, bloodmoth13 said:

well, they tell you to disinfect a wound with alcohol. so if infection is under 1%?

1 minute ago, wolfbain5 said:

well, they tell you ti disinfect a wound with alcohol. so if infection is under 1%?

Yeah thats what i initially though, but i think the infection is supposed to represent an internal infection that your body is already fighting, grain alcohol would be good to fight off a topical infection, which would be confusing so i thought hygiene could be a good alternative since dirty wounds get infected.

For that matter making soap out of fat, crysanthemum and goldenrod could be interesting, but as always there needs to be an excuse to add it. as it is i barely use medical items

6 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

The a19 treasure dig system is fine, don't revert to old. 

My only problem with it is that i never find treasure maps and the digging quests stop at t2 or 3. Of course id hate to deal with a t5 dig quest (dig out a shamway sized hole lol) but i could definitely use more treasure maps.

Archived