Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

9 hours ago, pregnable said:

When I was testing stealth, I put all my points in hidden strike and from the shadows, so I was almost helpless when I hit scripted aggro, because I was basically just a guy with a quality 1 bow, lel.

You don't need to have points into firearms to use them and while they are not as quiet, they do have higher DPS than bows.

43 minutes ago, Gazz said:

You don't need to have points into firearms to use them and while they are not as quiet, they do have higher DPS than bows.

Yeah, I did not find any real firearms for a while in that game, I found ammo though. 

I did find a blunderbuss though and I totally used it lol.  Although it made me miss my normal build, cause I usually do str/intel. 

If I were going to do the agility build again, I would probably scrap from the shadows and hidden strike, and just get bow, pistol and parkour.  Later I would pick up run N gun and then head deep into fortitude. 

11 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Nonetheless, if all zombies should be able to hear you fire a gun that is attached with a silencer, then why equip the silencer in the first place? Just some food for thought.

How could it cause more damage per shot like almost all the other mods is the real question.

That all annoys me on a small scale too, but it's like pain when your old like me: I ignore pain until it affects my blood pressure! 

In other words: I like playing a game until realism is screaming bloody murder!  😅  

18 hours ago, meganoth said:

After take-off always try to be level to the ground. If you want to go higher, use space once or max twice and after reaching the correct height, go back to leveled flight.

The same if you want to land, don't hit c a lot of times, start descending slowly. If you are double tree height for example, you would start descending maybe 400m before the target area. In the air you have lots of time, always make small changes to height or direction, don't try to do both at the same time.

Never use "E" in flight 😉

If you start to descent too fast, it is often hard to get back to a normal descent. If the ground approaches fast, try to hit "E" just a tenth of a second before hitting the ground and you will still have a soft landing.

Take-off is difficult if you don't have an unobstructed path. First get up to some speed and then just hit space once every second until you feel you are taking off. Immediately stop using space and get above tree height. Then level. Should you hit an object and your gyro then looks like it wants to take off vertically, hit c a few times until you are nearly leveled, only then try to steer into the right direction.

😲 Wow, is that all, lol.

Gotcha, thanks for the tips. 

💩 Here's some poo back at you @Rubens9311. Why would you poo my post that was simply asking a question? 

Sadly my poo looks like a happy poo.....

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

😲 Wow, is that all, lol.

Gotcha, thanks for the tips. 

💩 Here's some poo back at you @Rubens9311. Why would you poo my post that was simply asking a question? 

Sadly my poo looks like a happy poo.....

Probably because you said you gave up on it and he probably really likes the gyrocopter. I sent you some flowers to offset it. :) If you ever forget Mega's advice and press E while in flight I'll put some more on your grave. ;)

52 minutes ago, Roland said:

Probably because you said you gave up on it and he probably really likes the gyrocopter. I sent you some flowers to offset it. :) If you ever forget Mega's advice and press E while in flight I'll put some more on your grave. ;)

👍 Thanks Roland. Hey I didn't say I didn't "like" the gyrocopter, just not what I was expecting. 

I heard it was derpy but....dayumn!

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I use the <Page Up> and <Page Down> keys instead of the <C> and <Space Bar>.

Now how does that help with the "E" key you ask?

With that setup, my left hand is fixed during the whole flight on the A,W and D keys and my right hand takes care of altitude and any mouse adjustments. 

Before, my hand would slide over sometimes when I hit the "C" key.

Probably a known bug, but...

I had a few fetch & fetch/clear quests. Done 2 of them so I had 2 white river supplies items in my inventory. Came to the POI for the 3rd quest and accepted it.

It went straight to complete without me even entering the POI. Now I have 3 completed quests but only 2 supplies.

Hi,

had an unusual incident ('bug'?) occur in A19 stable this morning. Found a Grade 1 pistol in a toilet with ca. 25% quality, had one repair kit in inventory, clicked it to repair, kit gone and no pistol in inventory. It happened that fast I thought at first that maybe I had hit scrap pistol instead of repair, but if I had then where did the repair kit go and why would I not have had small gun parts in inventory?

Has there been a chance factor of repairing or destroying something when repairing added in the game or not?

I mean after all DIY repairs in reality don't allows give the result u want.... 😉

Started a second world where I'll mostly be focusing on building. Just finished my day 1 house just before dark. :) I might adjust the oddly configured staircase at the front and replace the naked stairs with a front porch with railings. (I'll keep the steps of course, they'll just be pushed a little farther forward.)

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-31_5_13_40_AM.thumb.png.f5866efddee016f01a24335a4d21a609.png

Edit reason: Double images were posted; lag from my Internet connection I guess.

(Note: I had to spawn in the trim of course, but I tossed away some wood to act as compensation.)

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Started a second world where I'll mostly be focusing on building. Just finished my day 1 house just before dark. :) I might adjust the oddly configured staircase at the front and replace the naked stairs with a front porch with railings. (I'll keep the steps of course, they'll just be pushed a little farther forward.)

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-31_5_13_40_AM.thumb.png.f5866efddee016f01a24335a4d21a609.png

Edit reason: Double images were posted; lag from my Internet connection I guess.

(Note: I had to spawn in the trim of course, but I tossed away some wood to act as compensation.)

Looks cool so far mate. I like the idea of a porch, it will give you somewhere to observe the zombies who want to eat your brains. haha

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

very pretty! i want to beat at the door! (snowdog would do other things)

On 8/29/2020 at 6:36 PM, wolfbain5 said:

@madmole

question, why does the smoothie... made with ice... give hypothermal resist <resistance to cold>, instead of hyperthermal resist <resistance to heat>? we have coffee to resist cold with.

edit: yucca juice used to give some heat resistance buff, but not anymore, so we have no foods to help with heat, but stews and coffee to fight the cold

No idea, someone probably got it wrong or forgot a - in the math.

On 8/28/2020 at 3:16 AM, Tmodloader said:

I noticed the burping and nasty liquid sounding noises, just hoping it's not more nasty when he becomes the gasser. Not sure if it's just me but sometimes I just want to kill zombies without the extra nastiness.

Well Zombies are nasty Why not make them MORE NASTY! I'm all for nasty zombies in terms of look and abilities! (just kinda wish he was in game)

I'm turning into a gasser right now! help me!

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I like the odd stairs. The base is so cute :D 

1 hour ago, madmole said:

No idea, someone probably got it wrong or forgot a - in the math.

I have thought this too. I expected to use the smoothie to help in the desert... 😛 I just assumed it would be fixed later, so I didn't mention it. 

3 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Day 36, still no Steel Tools schematic. 

--rude

I finally found mine on day 38.   Of course, by the time I found it, I already had a Q6 steel pick, Q6 steel axe so I don't really need it anymore.

21 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Day 36, still no Steel Tools schematic. 

--rude

I still do not have it on day 75, and I have been visiting like 4 or 5 traders on reset and double dipping secret stash. 

I do have almost every other book though, lol. 

First I missed the loot stage to get a quality 6 stone axe, then I can't find the steel school schematic, or a Q5-6 steel pickaxe. 

Anyone know what POIs give the unique stone axe in the desert on random gen, or if it exists in random gen?... I spent a day and night looking around in my desert area and didn't really see old cave or native american monument things that used to give them. 

Meanwhile, it took me 63 days (90 minute days of course) to find an auto shotgun and a decent M60, as well as a better auger and several other pieces of gear. I got them all, high quality as well, as loot drops after a BM horde. RNG is a cruel mistress and the type of lover to come crawling back to you as her "plan b". 😜

20 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Meanwhile, it took me 63 days (90 minute days of course) to find an auto shotgun and a decent M60, as well as a better auger and several other pieces of gear. I got them all, high quality as well, as loot drops after a BM horde. RNG is a cruel mistress and the type of lover to come crawling back to you as her "plan b". 😜

I've only found a Q1 M60 so far.   I did get very lucky and got a Q6 auger as a trader quest reward.

Archived