Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Agreed, it's a shame. Almost as much of a shame that you can't put the silencer mod on a rocket launcher.

lol, that would be funny, almost like the peter griffin mod for fallout 4, u fire a rocket and while its flying you just hear peters laugh growing quiet lol

3 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I remember in a18 i used the silencer on the hospital roof, woke up every zombie, redid the hospital from a quest, took the silencer off  and they never woke up lol

Yah, for stealthing that was a bow/crossbow spot from what I found too. The zombies were too close to where the player came up to that section of the roof for the suppressed weapon to not wake them up. Not sure about now. I haven't done a run through the place (harvesting the body bags from the entrance area aside).

2 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Yah, for stealthing that was a bow/crossbow spot from what I found too. The zombies were too close to where the player came up to that section of the roof for the suppressed weapon to not wake them up. Not sure about now. I haven't done a run through the place (harvesting the body bags from the entrance area aside).

There have been a few times where an entire room of zombies have woken up from me simply reloading my compound bow or crossbow and my reaction is always, "Seriously?!" Lol

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

There have been a few times where an entire room of zombies have woken up from me simply reloading my compound bow or crossbow and my reaction is always, "Seriously?!" Lol

in one of my videos for my knife run im doing, i woke up a zombie, stabbed him and shot him with a pistol, a fat zombie was laying in the room sleeping through it, was rather amusing

25 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Probably way to far back to remember specifics, but if you were moving while you were reloading I could see it.

Decided to test stealth out last night; maxed out pistol/archery and stealth perks and made sure my GS was high enough for feral/rad sleepers (insane difficulty, nightmare run speed), gave myself a silencer/desert vulture/compound crossbow/military armor with muffled connectors and did the shotgun messiah factory. If stealth is much more improved than what it is, it would be hilariously OP. Used the crossbow for the first 3/4th of it and if I messed up (hard to do) and woke one or two things up the vulture took care of it and nothing else woke up from it lol. Really op/funny to pick off a whole pack of sleepers one by one. The only "auto attack" volume I ran across I simply fell back a cpl rooms, crouched, waited for them to cool down, then snuck around the corner and blasted them with the vulture and carried on my Sam Fisher run.

Was fun, but borderline OP.

Some people like to brush over the fact that "stealth" is not a weapon, implying that if "stealth fails" you are helpless.

The agility attribute does have plenty of effective weapons to kill zombies with, stealth or no stealth.

26 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Decided to test stealth out last night; 3. maxed out pistol/archery and stealth perks and made sure my GS was high enough for feral/rad sleepers (insane difficulty, nightmare run speed), gave myself a silencer/desert vulture/compound crossbow/military armor with muffled connectors and did the 1. shotgun messiah factory. If stealth is much more improved than what it is, it would be hilariously OP. Used the crossbow for the first 3/4th of it and if I messed up (hard to do) and woke one or two things up the vulture took care of it and nothing else woke up from it lol. Really op/funny to pick off a whole pack of sleepers one by one. The only "auto attack" volume I ran across 2. I simply fell back a cpl rooms, crouched, waited for them to cool down, then snuck around the corner and blasted them with the vulture and carried on my Sam Fisher run.

Was fun, but borderline OP.

1. Older large POI with allot of "room" to move. The issues arise when you don't have that space and trigger an auto aggro volume.

2. This option doesn't exist in allot of the places with the auto aggro volumes. 

3. Try with padded and blades/archery and no tier 3 equip... (the journey getting to the point you tested at is just as important as what you tested)

7 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Some people like to brush over the fact that "stealth" is not a weapon, implying that if "stealth fails" you are helpless.

The agility attribute does have plenty of effective weapons to kill zombies with, stealth or no stealth.

Not brushing over it. Stealth is a play style as well as a tool.

When that tool fails, resulting in every thing that hinges on it being shut off, despite every indication it'll work and it is what you're basing your play through on then it guts the playthrough.

Your second line is basically saying "Don't build for it, do this instead.". Sort of like, in the hypothetical, replying "Just spec shotgun." when someone is pointing out that MGs aren't pushing damage through.

3 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Not brushing over it. Stealth is a play style as well as a tool.

When that tool fails, resulting in every thing that hinges on it being shut off, despite every indication it'll work and it is what you're basing your play through on then it guts the playthrough.

Your second line is basically saying "Don't build for it, do this instead.". Sort of like, in the hypothetical, replying "Just spec shotgun." when someone is pointing out that MGs aren't pushing damage through.

No. He's saying use the other aspects of what you ARE speccing into. Which btw is NOT stealth, it is Agility.

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Now I still am right because any weapon with a silencer IS part of a stealth core build (in this game), and that includes quite a lot of guns. If you think it is not, please explain

I would be annoyed if any rifle could effectively be silenced in the game.

The bullet of an AK going past you sounds like a firecracker going off.  

But I'm all for any subsonic round being silenced and would be perfect for a stealth build.

3 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

No. He's saying use the other aspects of what you ARE speccing into. Which btw is NOT stealth, it is Agility.

Then the assumption it is based on is flawed. I'm not mono-focused on building from that Attribute despite making use of the 2 weapon types I chose and grabbing the Stealth based perks (HS and FTS).

2 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

I would be annoyed if any rifle could effectively be silenced in the game.

The bullet of an AK going past you sounds like a firecracker going off.  

But I'm all for any subsonic round being silenced and would be perfect for a stealth build.

Nonetheless, if all zombies should be able to hear you fire a gun that is attached with a silencer, then why equip the silencer in the first place? Just some food for thought.

39 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Nonetheless, if all zombies should be able to hear you fire a gun that is attached with a silencer, then why equip the silencer in the first place? Just some food for thought.

Maybe they should make silencer work better and be a pistol exclusive thing? For gameplay sake

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

When I was testing stealth, I put all my points in hidden strike and from the shadows, so I was almost helpless when I hit scripted aggro, because I was basically just a guy with a quality 1 bow, lel. 

Stealth also seems to work just as well without from the shadows, so stealth is not really even an agility thing, other than a place to waste some points.  Hidden strike is okay though. 

1 hour ago, hiemfire said:

1. Older large POI with allot of "room" to move. The issues arise when you don't have that space and trigger an auto aggro volume.

2. This option doesn't exist in allot of the places with the auto aggro volumes. 

3. Try with padded and blades/archery and no tier 3 equip... (the journey getting to the point you tested at is just as important as what you tested)

You missed where I maxed the difficulty+speed out and hit end game gamestage to get some of the hardest sleeper spawns. As I said before, if you wish to roleplay only blades and archery with stealth and refuse to use anything else then that's a self imposed gimp... The desert vulture with a silencer wouldn't wake up sleepers, that right there will clean out auto aggro volumes; but if you must only use blades and a bow, then that's not a game balance issue. Food for thought.

1 hour ago, pregnable said:

When I was testing stealth, I put all my points in hidden strike and from the shadows, so I was almost helpless when I hit scripted aggro, because I was basically just a guy with a quality 1 bow, lel. 

Stealth also seems to work just as well without from the shadows, so stealth is not really even an agility thing, other than a place to waste some points.  Hidden strike is okay though. 

Your missing one of the best parts of From the Shadows which is that it lowers the time it takes Zombies to forget about you. Which comes in handy when ever you draw too much attention and want to escape. Just run around a corner or out of line of sight and toss a rock to draw them to where the rock lands. At which point you just need to wait for them to forget you and return to their spawn then you can reengage them with sneak attacks. Which also works on the auto aggro sleepers as Jugginator pointed out grant it that is as long as you have a way to break line of sight.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived