Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

@madmole

now that we have 2 new store types, will this be expanded upon?

    <placeholder name="cntStoreCratesRandomLootHelper">
        <block name="cntShippingCrateShamway" prob="1"/>
        <block name="cntShippingCrateShotgunMessiah" prob="1"/>
        <block name="cntShippingCrateWorkingStiffs" prob="1"/>
    </placeholder>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking 2 spinning wheels and shards of metal feed into then to get accelerated to lethal speeds. Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

 Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

 

 

That sorta makes sense, would put it on par with BB for reload speeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danidas said:

I was thinking 2 spinning wheels and shards of metal feed into then to get accelerated to lethal speeds. Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

 

 

i mean it could also be stuff like a Sawblade launcher!, A Shock rifle, flamethrower ETC but that may be a bit extreme! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

i mean it could also be stuff like a Sawblade launcher!, A Shock rifle, flamethrower ETC but that may be a bit extreme! 

I'm quite partial to Electromagnetic Rail Guns for the armor and multiple zombie penetration potential. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i was thinking more of a Air rifle that shoots Junk rounds (normal AP and shells) but hey thats just me

Sounds quite samey to other things, I don't think they should have any weapon that is conventional ranged wise, not like they can't use other tree's ranged weaponry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another option is the Tasers that fire barbs to shock targets at range but with a junkyard make over to it. In other words two metal spikes with salvaged wires connected to them that shoot out air like rifle and the other end of the wires connected to a car battery.

 

Edit - Left click would shoot the spikes and right click power attack will be stabbing the whole thing in your target like a spear of shocking death. For ammo it will naturally use car batteries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pregnable said:

So I was messing around doing this section of the tier 5 like this, for giggles... and then a cop blew up and this happened... ...I thought the whole tower was going to come down and I was going to die.  Kinda amusing.

Spoiler

tower1.jpgtower2.jpgtower3.jpg

Quoting the streamer "Glock9" : " One of the things that I like the most about this game is that everything can go to "shirt" real fast, at any time"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i mean its the same cost as a normal bullet but it just goes through armor, HP rounds need more powder and tips, so it makes sense why it does as much damage as a normal round! but this just goes through armor

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Nice catch. Apparently what you say is true (after a quick look) and AP should give the most damage to armored enemies +the least to non armored, HP should cause the most damage to non armored + the least to armored and normal just do normal  minus armor rating.

 

This is bugged since first implementation as there haven't been any significant changes to it.

This issue was reported way before ive said anything to the TESTERS. The real issue is that they assumed "its a PVP bug""Oh that can wait" : What they failed to realize this bug effects everyone not just PVP servers. This alone goes to show the preference they have in pve over pvp. I'd highly recommend the pimps to add at least one person to their testing team who plays PVP. It so bias the way the testers feel towards pvp id also recommend not going to their discord and mentioning anything about pvp as more than likely you will get banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

This issue was reported way before ive said anything to the TESTERS. The real issue is that they assumed "its a PVP bug""Oh that can wait" : What they failed to realize this bug effects everyone not just PVP servers. This alone goes to show the preference they have in pve over pvp. I'd highly recommend the pimps to add at least one person to their testing team who plays PVP. It so bias the way the testers feel towards pvp id also recommend not going to their discord and mentioning anything about pvp as more than likely you will get banned.

Oh ye of little faith. They are slow to fix it because "hello 700 bugs ! " and "Good Morning unfinished main features! ". It being a priority is for them to decide. I've also considered many a bug the MOST important of the century but it eventually got fixed.

 

To put your mind at ease I will say this: when the 1st npc is in, this bug will instantly be fixed, because they will have obvious armor ratings that come into play way often than the current entities. I mean : who the hell knows exactly which Zd has armor rating and which doesn't without cheating? The bug only becomes a bit obvious after you can afford special rounds, so it can take some time.

 

Edit: Also, TFP should implement the choice to get married to a Zd or an Animal entity. Equality and flexibility is completely normal and accepted in advanced societies, even on postapocalyptic ones. I can't help it if "Boarminator" turns me on with that swagging flair.  -Snowdog 2020-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Hello Junk Turrets already in game.

 

This is the last time im going to talk about this before Roland SMITES ME! for going off topic!

 

I think (like all level trees) should have there alternatives and this is for intellect Players! Every Perk Class has (Melee, Range) but for intellect we have only one Range weapon (junk turret) can you uses a Junk turret as a long range gun? nope! can you ADS? NOPE! its a Deference and simi offence weapon all though you CAN uses it as a Heavy Junk range weapon its much better to uses it as a Deference Weapon, although We currently have only One 2 melee weapons for Intellect (Junk Sledge and Stun baton) each one does not go with each class, (one is for electrocutioner(i can't spell) and Robotics Expert) but those will be filled in! (Junk Drone and Other Batons)
 

But we don't have a REAL range weapon to compensate for intellect!

i made a post on this awhile ago but i may change some things because my Brain goes 1 mile per hour and i keep on thinking of other things.

Now i will stop before Roland Ends me!

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...