1 hour ago, faatal said:

Yes, they were speed up by like 25%.

Good to know. 25% is still too slow for my awesome chicken killing skillz 😛 (Cries privately about how fast they are and how hungry I am 🤣

On 8/23/2020 at 10:06 AM, Gazz said:

This is the dev diary, not bug reports.

This is the perfect opportunity to ask a clueless question: what was/is your role in TFP? Of the 3 staff members who post in this thread regularly, you're the one I know the least about; faatal bashes the code with a hammer until it behaves, madmole does a little bit of everything, what do you get up to? Any good dev stories to share?

3 minutes ago, EggsAisle said:

This is the perfect opportunity to ask a clueless question: what was/is your role in TFP? Of the 3 staff members who post in this thread regularly, you're the one I know the least about; faatal bashes the code with a hammer until it behaves, madmole does a little bit of everything, what do you get up to? Any good dev stories to share?

he does xmls, snarks at players, hates on modders and probably something else productive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Careful, or they might give chickens the ability to fly. ;)

Lee (Toban) just said, "watch what you're saying, @faatal will make them 100% faster and we'll never catch them, then it will be your fault when we all starve!" I am practically the flash over here, so i'm not worried 😛 

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Yes, they were speed up by like 25%.

Chickens are perfect. They are a bit faster than before since 160+ and I looked for it the moment you changed it and I could still hunt them with my club, just not as easy. Rabbits are crazy difficult to kill due to their extremely realistic turning and running behaviour. Well done. I like it when you tweak stuff and make it better, which is usually the case.

On another topic:

One thing I noticed in a19 is that Zds have 2 behaviours that are not cool and are lacking in terms of gameplay.

1- They can stand just below you doing nothing `(idle animation) for more than a while. Could be excusable due to them being dumb, but it looks cheap and not thrilling.

2- Sometimes they focus on a wall and they start to hit it. You can stand right behind them just after that happens for minutes and they will not notice. You can even hit them and they would only notice you when their coded behaviour regarding % for noticing player (on hit) overrides the rest. That is a bug due to Zds not "updating" as they should. Now, it happened to me in multiplayer, so I cannot confirm that they were not chasing another player. My guess is that they were not. I'm yet to start a solo for testing AI.

Not tested in b180.

Pathing in general is extremely cheap. I can feel it in my potato. I would risk it fixing that bug regarding arrowslits without limiting their placement.

innocent question: Is the drone code gonna be useful for "follower quests " and/or bandits in the future or is it just a standalone thing? I'm asking you because your sidekick doesn't show up on the forums, just on the one stream.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)
Just now, Toban said:

If no one sees Laynie on the forums again, it has nothing to do with her being buried in the back yard I swear!

Don't worry about it, I will come back as a zombie and eat your face, it's all good 🧟‍♂️😅

39 minutes ago, Laynie said:

Don't worry about it, I will come back as a zombie and eat your face, it's all good 🧟‍♂️😅

@toban -- If you see a zombie coming directly at you out of your back yard that wants to eat your face quickly turn around and bend over.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, SnowDog1942 said:

@toban -- If you see a zombie coming directly at you out of your back yard that wants to eat your face quickly turn around and bend over.

That's fine by me, I like a bit of weird 💩😛

• Like 1
1 hour ago, madmole said:

That would be awesome, they would be much easier to kill than hiding in the grass.

Would be awesome if faatal could make them jump and float back down simulating short bursts of flight.  Would make them more distinctly different than rabbits.

😅

• Haha 1
  • Sympathy 1

Can someone point me in the direction of the bug reporting thread. I tried looking for it, but I can't find it. I have a duplication bug to report. We looted a storage chest and then it refiled immediately.  We can provide a clip of it if needed. I just didn't want to bombard the forum with our video. 

Just now, Laz Man said:

Would be awesome if faatal could make them jump and float back down simulating short bursts of flight.  Would make them more distinctly different than rabbits.

😅

Yes!

Just now, Laynie said:

Can someone point me in the direction of the bug reporting thread. I tried looking for it, but I can't find it. I have a duplication bug to report. We looted a storage chest and then it refiled immediately.  We can provide a clip of it if needed. I just didn't want to bombard the forum with our video. 

Red banner above.

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced traders dropping through the floor?? Twice now on a ded server we’ve had it happen and seen by all players. Trader Jen falling through the floor so only her head shows at floor level and the treehouse trader, trader joel???, falls to the ground next to the workbench. You actually cannot interact with him in his usual place, you have to go to him by the workbench so it isn’t some graphical glitch. I don’t want to add more work for the testers so don’t want to submit a bug report until I’m sure it’s a bug. Never had this happen before A19.

• Sympathy 1
19 minutes ago, Star69 said:

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced traders dropping through the floor?? Twice now on a ded server we’ve had it happen and seen by all players. Trader Jen falling through the floor so only her head shows at floor level and the treehouse trader, trader joel???, falls to the ground next to the workbench. You actually cannot interact with him in his usual place, you have to go to him by the workbench so it isn’t some graphical glitch. I don’t want to add more work for the testers so don’t want to submit a bug report until I’m sure it’s a bug. Never had this happen before A19.

Yeah, I have had them disappear, and thought it was already reported.  It has happened to other people as well. 

I had not seen it in a while and assumed it had been fixed already. 

You should probably report it. 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic