38 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Now that would be tough! I could do without the starting gear but without the skill points I can't make my bone knife quality 3 and upgrade to deeps cuts/knife guy I think it is. Its pretty essential for getting away, if I run into certain zeds I'm pretty much KOS without it, its already like that if I run into the biker. If it wasn't Insane nightmare everything I'd say its do-able, perhaps if it were sprint.

If I beat wasteland only on Insane nightmare all the time 25% loot 64 zeds there won't be a whole lot I can do to top that without increasing blood moon frequency, which I'm not a fan of, so then I'll start trying to do it.

This challenge is about topping or matching Jonahs challenge, his is wasteland only no trader 50% loot no loot respawn insane nightmare all the time 32 zeds 1h days. Mine will be, if my pc can handle it on horde night while streaming, wasteland only no trader 25% loot no loot respawn insane nightmare all the time 64 zeds 1h days no airdrops. And of course no nerd pol and no base that takes advantage of pathing. I don't believe I can do this one on the first try 😁.

Pretty bored at the moment since a certain game totally botched its release. Another "we didn't know we'd be so popular" release in 2020 :nono:, history teaches nothing apparently.

Your skill points would be awarded once you complete the trader quest. You could also make wood frames and all wood items require a nail as well. That places a much larger value on the forge. Alternative 7dtd starts are kind of fun to explore.

Wasteland only maps are really easier than you might think. The key is to scavenge everything that is useful.

2 hours ago, Cork55 said:

Your skill points would be awarded once you complete the trader quest. You could also make wood frames and all wood items require a nail as well. That places a much larger value on the forge. Alternative 7dtd starts are kind of fun to explore.

Wasteland only maps are really easier than you might think. The key is to scavenge everything that is useful.

It is the hardest biom though, full of landmines and doggos. Its pretty much the end of the road as far as we can make it difficult wise without really modding, without as I mentioned increasing blood moon or turning down exp. Its not really 7 days to die anymore after that, its 7 days of dieing unless you turn down the diff/speed. 25% loot doesn't really give enough to handle more hordes and I'm a pack rat, I take it all unless its useless like 1 lead or equivalent junk, in this case cans too. Only using Nitrogen because regular random gen doesn't cut it at the moment, you can't make maps like this otherwise I wouldn't mod at all. Once you turn off EAC for mods legitimacy comes into question, viewers even question the use of nitrogen on twitch.

I took off the snow and desert pole strips he has so no oil shale for me, totally dependent on salvage.

I encourage anyone else to jump on the challenge with us! Here's my map settings and I've listed my game settings, I don't want to see the map so I can't provide a picture.

Out do me.😉

Spoiler

755665624_TheWastelandsettings.thumb.png.4ad8c3cdf85b1d72356446004358a37a.png

If it isn't recorded or streamed though then its not really proof for the challenge.

*Forgot to add permadeath to the rules.*

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
  • Poop 1
4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Don't make a drama out of it. Use the CM in SP or make a deal with the server admin in MP (you destroy 8000 coins, he gives you the tier6 axe)

ACCHUWALLLY... I am making a drama out of it... I have a semi allstar cast, and have been pre-approved for 2 seasons, for 40 episodes.  It is going to be amazing, believe me. 

There are valid reasons for using a primitive tool or weapon late game, but it looks like you only have a certain window to find T6 now, or else you are totally locked out. 

It is not a huge deal, but I keep hearing how OP traders are for gear, so having tier 6 primitive items in their loot pool where you usually see 1 per reset doesn't sound bad.

I do not like using cheat mode and it is just a minor issue in my current game, so I figured this would be the place to talk about it, lel. 

@madmole First, I love love love the new inventory sort buttons ... although I'm an old dog and I am having difficulty teaching myself to stop clicking the little backpack icon to sort.  LOL

Suggestion ... can the smart stash button add all similar items ... not just all similar items until the stack is filled up?  Or can another button be made that will stash all of an item if there's at least one of that item, creating new stacks as needed?  For instance, if your storage bin has a partial stack of stone, and your backpack has ten stacks of stone, the smart fill will only take the stone out of your backpack to make one full stack in the storage container.  You need to manually move all the other stacks of stone.  

I don't know if that makes sense?

• Like 2

Concurrent Players are at 35k right now.  Lets hope for a new peak tonight.  :)

https://steamcharts.com/app/251570

As a side note...just a fun creative build for Lathan/Prime since people are always giving him hell for his small hardware store POI.  Looks nice next to the Bear Den.  :)

Edit: I may change the color of the pink ice cream truck as it sticks out like a sore thumb....might be a good or bad thing depending on the person lol....

Food Truck 02.jpg

Food Truck 03.jpg

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
33 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

As a side note...just a fun creative build for Lathan/Prime since people are always giving him hell for his small hardware store POI.  Looks nice next to the Bear Den.  :)

Edit: I may change the color of the pink ice cream truck as it sticks out like a sore thumb....might be a good or bad thing depending on the person lol....

Food Truck 02.jpg

Food Truck 03.jpg

Looks great haha. The pink truck looks like a little mean machine lol.

13 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

I wish the zombies had a damage model for the head. Body has one and limbs fall off etc, but shoot the head more than once and it doesn't change unless it's a critical then it explodes.

Same. There's also no damage indicator if you shoot a male zombie in the junk though. 😜

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Same. There's also no damage indicator if you shoot a male zombie in the junk though. 😜

They could use a degradation model similar to the one they use for blocks.

I don't know if that's possible but it would be cool to see body parts get damaged before the actual dismemberment.

I know Trader Jen specializes in medical stuff, but does anyone have a list or know of a link showing which traders specialize in what items? The trader page on the wiki has not been updated since before Jen was put in.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

But it won't surpass that number by much. Most people have low to medium-high systems. Everything below a GTX 1080 and an 6C/12T  CPU will sport serious hickups in the course of a normal playthrough. Nasty alpha. Great in so many levels, but nasty.

2 hours ago, Kalex said:

I know Trader Jen specializes in medical stuff, but does anyone have a list or know of a link showing which traders specialize in what items? The trader page on the wiki has not been updated since before Jen was put in.

The first page says 

"All traders still sell everything, but now each one specializes in something. Joel sells armor, Jen sells meds, Bob sells vehicles and tools, Hugh sells weapons and ammo, and Rekt will sell food and seeds."

• Like 1
7 hours ago, pregnable said:

ACCHUWALLLY... I am making a drama out of it... I have a semi allstar cast, and have been pre-approved for 2 seasons, for 40 episodes.  It is going to be amazing, believe me.

After three episodes viewers will get nervous because there is no q6 stone axe. Studio heads will ask you when the q6 stone axe will make an appearance but all you can do is deflect those questions. Fans will print t-shirts with "Whees ma q6?" and sell them in front of your office. After just six episodes the drama gets canceled. 

And I will say "Told you so"

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, meganoth said:

After three episodes viewers will get nervous because there is no q6 stone axe. Studio heads will ask you when the q6 stone axe will make an appearance but all you can do is deflect those questions. Fans will print t-shirts with "Whees ma q6?" and sell them in front of your office. After just six episodes the drama gets canceled. 

And I will say "Told you so"

AKTCHUWALLY... I shouldn't say this, but we are working to have a quality 6 stone axe in season 3.  

We are in talks for having Tom Hanks play the handle and Jack Nicholson is already approved as the sharp stone. 

An early draft had Michael Keaton as the handle, but in test shots it was found to be too difficult to distinguish which end was the sharp end, being that Michael Keaton is the poor mans Jack Nicholson.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Eighmy_Lupin said:

The first page says 

"All traders still sell everything, but now each one specializes in something. Joel sells armor, Jen sells meds, Bob sells vehicles and tools, Hugh sells weapons and ammo, and Rekt will sell food and seeds."

Thanks. Obviously I haven't rechecked the first page in awhile.

10 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Funny how it says that Rekt specializes in seeds as well as food when I've never seen him sell a single seed before. 🤔

Once you raise your rep. with him he will.  You know you have enough rep. When he stops insulting you..

😅

20 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Once you raise your rep. with him he will.  You know you have enough rep. When he stops insulting you..

😅

Oh I've already got to that point. I walked into his trailer and he was sitting down on the hand crafted chair I had brought to him, and a twinkle was in his eyes as he held a big smile on his face. He's been like that for over a week, and he hasn't said a word.

Oh right, I killed him once I had had enough of his verbal abuse.😛

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pegasus said:

@madmole First, I love love love the new inventory sort buttons ... although I'm an old dog and I am having difficulty teaching myself to stop clicking the little backpack icon to sort.  LOL

Suggestion ... can the smart stash button add all similar items ... not just all similar items until the stack is filled up?  Or can another button be made that will stash all of an item if there's at least one of that item, creating new stacks as needed?  For instance, if your storage bin has a partial stack of stone, and your backpack has ten stacks of stone, the smart fill will only take the stone out of your backpack to make one full stack in the storage container.  You need to manually move all the other stacks of stone.  

I don't know if that makes sense?

image.png.d880b9c6db8fd8c7fce5e3c91642dfbc.png

I think that's what you're looking for?

16 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Food Truck 02.jpg

Food Truck 03.jpg

Very nice! i want to drive the pink truck!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tmodloader said:

Te candy that makes criticals heal faster does not fully work it seems, a wound of mine was at 14minutes as candy wore off then it became 33minutes. And is it true that you lose water and food faster if you overfill it? It seems to be

The candy seems to work this way:

Wound says it will take 30min to heal.

You eat candy (which simply doubles your healing for 5? minutes)

Wound says it will take 15min to heal.

After 5 minutes wound says it will take 10min to heal. Effect of candy wears off. Wound says it will take 20 min to heal

Without candy at that point it would have said 25min to heal.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic