madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Well this topic would most likely be closed and a new one started for Alpha 20 Dev Diary. 

There is no stable update available for me yet but are there any further changes from b180 to A19 stable?

1 minute ago, youmaylose said:

Shouldn't this update to Alpha 20 Dev Diary now.. since Alpha 19 is stable 😀

A18 went through 4 or 5 stable versions... That's why the annoucement said "We hope you all have a great time with A19.0 and its .x patches to follow." ;-)

Switched to A19 Stable. Not getting an update. See the official post saying B180 was moved to stable (so no update?).

Should I just uninstall and re-install? Don't want to waste my time doing that if an update does eventually roll through and I have to do it again.

1 minute ago, youmaylose said:

Shouldn't this update to Alpha 20 Dev Diary now.. since Alpha 19 is stable 😀

There might be A19.x stable versions as usual. With some experimentals in between. 

Just preparing you :)

Welcome to the jungle, ..we mean forums. 

Ok, to save anyone any puzzlement, I think Steam are still playing catch up with Alpha 19.1 Stable

I completely uninstalled 7DTD from Steam (I took a copy of my Worlds Folder just in case)

I reinstalled 7DTD.

I deselected opting in to any Beta programs.

Started Game and it still says Alpha 19 (B180) in top right corner

This means the following

1. The change to Alpha 19.1, like they did with all previous Alphas (18.1, 17.1, etc) has NOT yet been rolled out on Steam.
or
2. Alpha 19(B180) IS Alpha 19.1 and they've stopped following their update naming conventions.

I'll be interested to see if my Steam 7DTD further updates itself in the next 24 hours.

• Like 1

You know what i think would be neat, to see the 7 days to die merch in the game, like having a tshirt with the logo to wear, having the blackstrap coffee be in a 7 days mug lol

hell i would love a poi that is like a 7 days to die hq where we go in and see a whole bunch of rooms dedicated to each staff member, then a room with a model of each infected in it to look at, all dummies, and the last room where the loot is we see special infected with names, all the devs, and they rush you out of there home lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Even Roland?

;)

Walking on a thin ice mate, we`re with him.

*throwing a bone at DaVega`s crotch* 

Fetch & chew.

8 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i think he might be the hawaiian shirt zombie 😉

He will always be after your brains from now on. 

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

I'm just curious as for the reasoning behind the decision for making the wine barrels not lootable again. Was it found to be too overpowered early game, with all that bottled murky water?

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

I'm just curious as for the reasoning behind the decision for making the wine barrels not lootable again. Was it found to be too overpowered early game, with all that bottled murky water?

I mean... you can just walk to a pond and have infinite water.

I'd guess it's because they were too many containers to loot that only had murky water, and you can get it in toilets too, so maybe they thought it was too much.

31 minutes ago, hkintheuk said:

1. The change to Alpha 19.1, like they did with all previous Alphas (18.1, 17.1, etc) has NOT yet been rolled out on Steam.
or
2. Alpha 19(B180) IS Alpha 19.1 and they've stopped following their update naming conventions.

I'll be interested to see if my Steam 7DTD further updates itself in the next 24 hours.

You didn't need to do all of that. You simply switch to" NONE- opt out of beta programs" and you're done. Or, stay on where you're at. In the announcement, Hated said "Enjoy A19.0 and all its .x builds". So yes, A19.0 is the stable version, which is on build number 180. A19.1 (which isn't out yet) and (if)more are the next ones.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

I'd guess it's because they were too many containers to loot that only had murky water, and you can get it in toilets too, so maybe they thought it was too much.

I know, but it was just a nice touch imo. Added a little bit more detail. Oh well, it is what it is.

people... a19 stable is b180 there was no change other then tagging it. if you were playing/testing on experimental b180 then you already have the stable. you can opt out and click on the stable but you most likely wont see anything downloaded until we get into 19.1b#

enjoy
:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, beerfly said:

*throwing a bone at DaVega`s crotch* 

Fetch & chew.

No need for the bone, (at least not the one you threw)

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xtrakicking said:

Why don't they introduce wine as a drink, similar to beer?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AaronG85 said:

Why don't they introduce wine as a drink, similar to beer?

The difference between the two would have to be quite noticeable to justify the addition.

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

[...] if you were playing/testing on experimental b180 then you already have the stable. you can opt out and click on the stable but you most likely wont see anything downloaded until we get into 19.1b# [...]

Tell that to the streamer that opted out of exp, while live, and had to download 4 GB... (twice.)

Spoiler

Actually, what was up with that? Was his guess (that the "none" branch still had a18) anywhere near correct?!

• Knuckle Rub 1

25 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Tell that to the streamer that opted out of exp, while live, and had to download 4 GB... (twice.)

Hide contents

Actually, what was up with that? Was his guess (that the "none" branch still had a18) anywhere near correct?!

Maybe he opted before the stable branch was updated.  Just a guess based on the time frame.

24 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's because the streamer didn't check the steamdb page to confirm if the update was indeed uploaded on steam and not only the announcing text, resulting in 18.4 downloading and then 19 force-downloading after finishing 18.4 as it came maybe a little bit after and stable releases are forced updates.

Happened to me once or twice with a couple of games. Check the update first, never trust the posts.

That said, streamers are the last people you want for making examples about updates or downloads , mostly because they don't have the time to properly study the status on anything they stream nor prepare in real time.

4 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

That's because the streamer didn't check the steamdb page to confirm if the update was indeed uploaded on steam and not only the announcing text, resulting in 18.4 downloading and then 19 force-downloading after finishing 18.4 as it came maybe a little bit after and stable releases are forced updates.

Happened to me once or twice with a couple of games. Check the update first, never trust the posts.

That said, streamers are the last people you want for making examples about updates or downloads , mostly because they don't have the time to properly study the status on anything they stream nor prepare in real time.

Let me help you a bit with the time-frame: what prompted the download was that TFP posted on twitter that "Alpha 19 Stable is out!" ... and at this point neither the steam news nor the 7dtd.com news section were updated. If you mean to tell me that also the steam repository wasn't updated, then that's a fail on whoever decided to post that message to twitter before the new version WAS actually out.

• Poop 1