Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

Whenever I read statements from the Fun Pimps like that I wonder how many players actually play the game on a multiplayer server? Like, how many percent of all players together? Considering how unqualified this game is (in my opinion) for multiplayer servers (unless you play with some friends together only) I imagine 90 % of all players being singleplayer players. Maybe I am wrong?!

Anyway, leaving out stuff that would be cool for singleplayer due to some multiplayer concerns sounds unfortunate to me as this game will always be much more of a singleplayer game than a multiplayer one.

Okay and don't forget the likely 75+ percent of players in SP who don't know any better could take these items and place them everywhere and OOM'ing crashing by placing things the game let them place naturally without the CM menu. You know it's in CM and can use it, and by it being in the CM, it's more obvious for the 75+ percent of players that don't know any better that those are items not intended for normal usage (so if they lag out their game they know the issue, rather than blaming the devs/activating rage mode/ruining a save). Plus it's lots of clutter in the normal menu.

2 hours ago, kebab39 said:

Cheers, and this will dissapoint you, except shooting positions, 90% of tower is solid steel with tiny craft room and bunch of safes in middle (so is hard to dig down into from the top, and hard to stair up into it if you managed to cut all spikes and dried turrets at base). So nothing fancy inside.

Thanks, yeah 7 days is best pvp game (with vanilla balance close to perfection, scales well with dozens of people), too bad people are leaving (due to collision exploits) to play Rust instead.

Huh, let them go play Rust, this is 7dtd ;)

4 minutes ago, Falcon337 said:

Hey people, which skill tree increases the damage done by exploding arrows / bolts?

The explosives expert perk doesn't, and the Archery perk governs all things done with arrows/bolts including explosive variants; however, it's currently a known bug in A19 that Archery doesn't currently help with those properly.

1 minute ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

And I thought I had my graphics set to low... wow.

Graphics is last thing you worry about when you and your friends are attacked by high level gang and you have to defend what they gathered after fresh start on new server, heh.

I've been part of a gaming community for 7d2d since I started playing in Alpha 15. Our servers typically have 10 to 30 people on them at any given time. At peak hours they are often full. I saw someone earlier ask about the % of multiplayers out there. You can get a good idea of some of that, by looking at the "join game" list. Hundred of servers, a good many of them with over 15 people at anytime. I would feel quite comfortable in saying that a good majority of the players out there play on Public MP servers with MORE than 8 people. Honestly, the game is fun on your own, or with a small handful of friends. BUT, it's WAY more fun when you play on a server, interacting with lots of people. Communities get formed, hunting and questing parties. Horde night can get INSANE when you've got a couple full parties. And there is lots of bartering between the players. It really is the BEST playing experience I've had with this game, playing on a Public MP server.

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

Whenever I read statements from the Fun Pimps like that I wonder how many players actually play the game on a multiplayer server? Like, how many percent of all players together? Considering how unqualified this game is (in my opinion) for multiplayer servers (unless you play with some friends together only) I imagine 90 % of all players being singleplayer players. Maybe I am wrong?!

Anyway, leaving out stuff that would be cool for singleplayer due to some multiplayer concerns sounds unfortunate to me as this game will always be much more of a singleplayer game than a multiplayer one.

Me thinks you are grouping PvP with multiplayer. Tons of people play 7 Days on multiplayer but just with PvE. Look at the number of servers. A very small number are PvP.  

11 minutes ago, kebab39 said:

Graphics is last thing you worry about when you and your friends are attacked by high level gang and you have to defend what they gathered after fresh start on new server, heh.

Its sad, when you have to sacrifice graphics to actually play the game.  At that point, you might as well go back to playing pong against each other LOL

Just now, Jugginator said:

What the hell lol did you mod the dlls or something? That's not natural in the video settings lol

If he did, goes to show you people will do anything to get a competitive edge against each other.  Its like how some people turn off grass in some shooter games so they can see their enemies better...

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

If he did, goes to show you people will do anything to get a competitive edge against each other.  Its like how some people turn off grass in some shooter games so they can see their enemies better...

Well you can't get those graphics by the menu settings lol. Hey if the game lets you turn grass off and you don't, that's on you xD butyeah modding the settings isn't very nice.

3 hours ago, madmole said:

None, artists aren't programmers so upgrading art has zero impact on game play.

She still looks inpired from the original, but looks scarier.

We aren't cutting zombies to make room for new ones. We are cutting ones that you would never see in 1000 days in a real apocalypse like cheerleaders and football players. There will be more unique hd zombies than ever soon enough. Most people have better performance now than ever.

By cutting zombies I was not referring to dropping of models. I was referring to numbers of zombies alive. My bad for not being clearer.

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

What game is this?  Wolfenstein 3d?

In some sort of future :)

1 hour ago, kebab39 said:

It gets lonely when base is not buzzing with all those players 😜

edw2.jpg

You guys build so much that even textures go away from you 😛Zeds ? I am with them ! 

5 hours ago, madmole said:

Yeah Rust single player and coop is so exciting. 🤪 Don't get me wrong I like Rust and have a lot of hours, but the only thing it does good is pvp.

You might like Fractured Veil. Still in development and project manager said could be year till release. They have given out some keys, so they can get feedback on what players would like added while they continue to add features. Its Rust in MMO setting. Safe starting zone and dungeon instances to go with POIs in world.

Looks interesting. Only played Rust for 30-40 hours myself.

20 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I have the opposite problem. We need bigger storage options. I'm starting to run out of space. 😟 Should I stop hoarding? Nahhhh...

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-16_6_48_05_PM.thumb.png.1c01e719bd519c1dcf42067118d31b1a.png

LOL  I'm with you.  I want to be able to add storage mods to my storage containers.  :D  

If it exists, I must have it in storage.  I might need it someday.  Loose screw?  Odd scrap of paper?  Piece of moldy bread?  Into the storage bin you go.  I'm hopeless when looting ... I hate to leave anything behind.  I will loot a place down to the last crumb ... just like the Grinch.

Archived