Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah, but it'll save time if I want to scrap some low end batteries or a couple thousand old cash for some paper.

agreed, i usually build 2 or 3 workbenches and i only ever use 1 haha, downfalls to adhd. i honestly wouldn't mind a machine in the game we can craft that we put scrappable items into and it will scrap them for 100% of the stuff, could be late tier too

Just now, pregnable said:

I still kinda like the idea of from the shadows giving an exp bonus for sneak attack kills. 

Then I might actually try agility first instead of going miner first like I always do, heh. 

im doing that on my channel right now, limited build where im only allowed to use knives, pistols and bows, its going well and i wish i had perked a little more into mining first but im doing well all things considered, plus 50% loot abundance for a little bit more of a challenge

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah, but it'll save time if I want to scrap some low end batteries or a couple thousand old cash for some paper.

If I get back to my workbenches to scrap, I'll usually put it in the to be melted in the forge.  Hmmm, I wonder if I can smelt batteries for their lead....  I know I can smelt radiators for brass.

Just now, Darthjake said:

If I get back to my workbenches to scrap, I'll usually put it in the to be melted in the forge.  Hmmm, I wonder if I can smelt batteries for their lead....  I know I can smelt radiators for brass.

you can for full lead back, i cant remember the amount but you totally can smelt batteries

19 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

im doing that on my channel right now, limited build where im only allowed to use knives, pistols and bows, its going well and i wish i had perked a little more into mining first but im doing well all things considered, plus 50% loot abundance for a little bit more of a challenge

Yeah, I always want to skip strength and go wrench instead, but it is hard not having that extra clay, stone and wood gathering. 

I might try just my perception intel build again, but start 3/3 miner/motherload... or maybe just 3 motherload, then go wrench right away. 

A good steel spear I found is making me rethink using a melee horde base again, with melee turrets heh...

2 hours ago, madmole said:

Some will be very similar to the original like the screamer and fat cop. Spider looks a little more monstrous now and slightly mutated. The screamer has more of a witch look to her and her mouth hinges very wide and has a glasgow smile and rows of sharp teeth, black eyes, etc. There is a radiated zombie with tumors all over his back like the hump back of notre dame almost and he can tear one off and throw it at players causing radiation damage and several others we can reveal as they progress. We are still working on visual design though so things can change some as we work through the iterations.

All those sound great except the screamer. It just sounds like something out of a different game.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

The fat hawaiian shirt guy will be like pig pen and have a cloud of toxic gas that causes asphyxiation. No more spoilers for a while :)

Sounds good too. The design looks dope.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

and cause DOT to structures probably.

What's DOT?

2 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i admit, bleeding damage on weapons and armor would be a game changer DOT and AOE stuff is awesome to learn how to avoid

Well, to be honest we already have the bile pools the cop leaves on the ground after puking, and AFAIK they do DOT.

28 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

My favorite thing to happen during my new playthrough challenge lol the ragdoll is amazing and the bone knife is no joke

🤣

57 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

Ah, DoTs, that almost, almost. Makes regret quitting WoW and my high level warlock.  But it doesn't.  I still love DoTs but only when I'm putting them out.  :D

Never played WoW, to be honest I hate MMORPGs and on-line gaming in general so I can't get your reference, sorry. :ohwell:

33 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

My favorite thing to happen during my new playthrough challenge lol the ragdoll is amazing and the bone knife is no joke

LOL  oopsie. :D  I like it when they stumble out of the closet and fall on their face then I shoot them in the butt and they die.

3 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

LOL  oopsie. :D  I like it when they stumble out of the closet and fall on their face then I shoot them in the butt and they die.

back in old alpha 17 or 16, cant remember i would knock a zombie down with the sledge, then yell crotch shot and kill then with a hit to the crotch, was hilarious

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Looking awesome. :) One small nitpick though, will we be seeing a health buff to cops and "gassers" in the future? Currently, the former is a bit weaksauce and it sort of takes away a lot from the threat in my opinion.

Please no. 

MORE zeds is better than bullet sponges, we already have enough of these in my opinion. 

So I just noticed the super vultures that spawn during horde night.

So if you hop on a vehicle two seconds before horde ends you get twenty vultures that move five times faster, lock your vehicle up, and spew acid all over the place.

I suppose Trolland got tired of people hopping on their bike at the end of the horde.

2 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

along with vultures, if we wanted a stronger varient, i would go nuts to see a zombified bald eagle and golden eagle imagine being divebombed by those

Perhaps a condor would be more fitting. As it’s basically like an oversized vulture. 

Also seeing as grace is the queen boss of boars. The condor could be the king boss of vultures 

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Is there any ETA for when the shape-helpers will be redone/refurbished with all the shapes?

A20? B1?

When its done. It requires a pretty big  change to blocks and some kind of conversion process of all the POIs so I don't know if we have time for it yet for A20.

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Looking awesome. :) One small nitpick though, will we be seeing a health buff to cops and "gassers" in the future? Currently, the former is a bit weaksauce and it sort of takes away a lot from the threat in my opinion.

Probably.

4 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

We're losing the iconic screamer model? sadface...

Negative people astound me with their lack of excitement. What exactly do you think you are "losing"? Yep, we're losing a quick hashed together prototype idea that used UMA stuff pasted together but in the process are gaining 12000 polygons, and a well thought out design, built upon a concepts and refined by senior character artists feedback that will be built from scratch from the top character artists in the industry. Shed some tears for the other two guys who feel this way, the rest of us 12 million owners will feel gratitude and be scared @%$*#! less when we see the new screamer :)

4 hours ago, Kam R. said:

Do we actually have a polling on that? I constantly seem to see people who say they miss the "bees".

But i must say this looks the closest to a baby zombie we could get without the game being banned in certain countries 😄

Maybe as we get more and more mutated zeds in, radiation etc the modern customers won't feel that it is out of place. I'm still waiting for the sea of negative feedback on this.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

🤣

Never played WoW, to be honest I hate MMORPGs and on-line gaming in general so I can't get your reference, sorry. :ohwell:

Warlocks were dot machines, target throw dots, and then move on to the next target, I left once the kiddy-fied it and haven't been back since.

Archived