Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Is this for real? How many times will you guys change the perks from here to there and back again before you realize that you already had the perfect system that built on learning-by-doing?! This is totally annoying. Nobody can really do, what they'd like to, because specialization is predefined.

Is this for real? How many times will you guys change the perks from here to there and back again before you realize that you already had the perfect system that built on learning-by-doing?! This is totally annoying. Nobody can really do, what they'd like to, because specialization is predefined.

They still adjust the perks, LBD is gone for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Will we be able to set the beds as our spawn point, and will they prevent zombie respawns?

Don`t they do that now ? Never build a bed so far and I am interested, too :)

Oh, and good models, Pimps !

Actually, kinetic energy E = 0.5 * m * v²

so if you swing a well balanced club fast and a heavy club slowly, the faster club will likely do more damage.

If anything, based on it's looks the new iron club will not be a major upgrade over the new wooden club.

Under constant force they will both have the same kinetic energy because W = Force*distance. Some models consider weapon swings to be constant power however, which would give the slower weapon extra energy by W = Power*time.

imo heavy weapons are only weaker when the the target's inertia is low enough that a significant potion of the blunt weapon's kinetic energy is converted to kinetic energy for the target in the form of knockback, diverting mechanical energy away from the task of deforming the target's skull.

(and there's the fact that the target has more time to react but that doesn't matter much with dumb zombies.)

I take the single. Snowdog can sleep out on the balcony. Or out in the woods. :p

Jokes aside, awesome work!

Will we be able to set the beds as our spawn point, and will they prevent zombie respawns?

Its a replacement for the stuff we have now, so afiak there is bed 01 and 02 you can craft, not sure which ones those are I just use my bedroll.

They still adjust the perks, LBD is gone for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Don`t they do that now ? Never build a bed so far and I am interested, too :)

Oh, and good models, Pimps !

Went into a creative test world and crafted a king sized bed. Can confirm it sets your spawn point. (: Later on, I'll test to see if it prevents zombie respawns.

Went into a creative test world and crafted a king sized bed. Can confirm it sets your spawn point. (: Later on, I'll test to see if it prevents zombie respawns.

Went through some of my old screenshots and found that I indeed have had build king sized bed in brick textured dungeon with a fireplace once, when zeds didn`t dig underground.

Starting a new bedroom in a minutes, LCB will help keep zeddos away anyway :)

Went through some of my old screenshots and found that I indeed have had build king sized bed in brick textured dungeon with a fireplace once, when zeds didn`t dig underground.

Is that a myth or is that confirmed (that LCB's prevent zombie respawns). Madmole? Fun Pimps? Care to settle this argument once and for all? Haha

This is exactly what we're doing. If someone rage quits because we finally replaced the alpha 1 club, then they need their heads examined. Sorry but we need to make pbr art for everything. Yes it will look like a whole new game but we feel like 7 days will be in the top sellers for 10 years if we do this, versus just ship it and vanish in 2 years. So every bit of art is getting reworked, and while we're at it, its the same amount of work to make a design match as it is to just redo the old club that had ZERO thought put into it.

That said all the new wall textures and new weapons introduced are pbr, but the gamma lighting made them look not as nice as they could. So its not like we have to redo everything starting now, most of the game is already redone. Every weapon is already redone I just haven't shown them yet because they are in rigging and in game has some bugs right now. It looks stunning though, like shut up and take my money all over again stunning, all for free to existing users.

But as usual, art has NEVER held up the show. Its always just gravy. The code and having designs we're happy with are the bottlenecks.

I look at it like this, It's sorta like getting a free reskin expansion pack.

You are the first person I've heard of that uses the king size bed as a perm respawn point. It seems few know about it or they love them bedrolls. I prefer using the kingsized bed as my respawn point once I have a base built as I feel bedrolls make the game a little to easy. Unless traveling all the way across the map then I might use a Bedroll at the destination.

You are the first person I've heard of that uses the king size bed as a perm respawn point. It seems few know about it or they love them bedrolls. I prefer using the kingsized bed as my respawn point once I have a base built as I feel bedrolls make the game a little to easy.

i like the normal bed or mattress it fits my survival theme. i don't want to sleep on a bedrole!

You are the first person I've heard of that uses the king size bed as a perm respawn point. It seems few know about it or they love them bedrolls. I prefer using the kingsized bed as my respawn point once I have a base built as I feel bedrolls make the game a little to easy. Unless traveling all the way across the map then I might use a Bedroll at the destination.

It was back in A14, the whole game continued about 300+ real hours, since then I just put a bedroll and a torch for making me feel miserable in the apocalypce.

And yeah, sometimes we put some bedrolls on new secured place if we play nomad on insane and a difficult night comes off.

We are gonna start a new one, on insane difficulty without using any respawn points such as bedrolls (exluding the quest in the beginning, we`ll just scrap the bedrolls away after get the points) . If someone dies, getting back to us should be a challange. Even if it takes few days ingame.

#survival

This is exactly what we're doing. If someone rage quits because we finally replaced the alpha 1 club, then they need their heads examined. Sorry but we need to make pbr art for everything. Yes it will look like a whole new game but we feel like 7 days will be in the top sellers for 10 years if we do this, versus just ship it and vanish in 2 years. So every bit of art is getting reworked, and while we're at it, its the same amount of work to make a design match as it is to just redo the old club that had ZERO thought put into it.

That said all the new wall textures and new weapons introduced are pbr, but the gamma lighting made them look not as nice as they could. So its not like we have to redo everything starting now, most of the game is already redone. Every weapon is already redone I just haven't shown them yet because they are in rigging and in game has some bugs right now. It looks stunning though, like shut up and take my money all over again stunning, all for free to existing users.

But as usual, art has NEVER held up the show. Its always just gravy. The code and having designs we're happy with are the bottlenecks.

This is the right use of the phrase “ you need your head examined”. Who really cares what a low tier club looks like anyways. I love the new club design. It’s a creative and unique take on a club. I think this game needs more identity and changIng up generic weapons is going to be a good thing.

This club business is pretty funny. Look around your house, basement, garage, tool shed. Where exactly did you find or make a club like our old wood club? Don't think you are going to find one, so make it? From what? A tree branch? Generally you would have to chop/whittle that using some other tool like an axe or knife. Why not just use those as a weapon in the first place? More than likely your club would be a 2x4, pipe, baseball bat, tall lamp, table leg or many other man made items. Not likely a Flintstones club. Then you turn around and add some weight on the end for fun. Sounds like the new club to me.

What would I use from my house as a club? A crowbar would be my first grab right off the wall. Then maybe a long framing hammer with the claws cut down/baseball bat (have wood and alum)/lawnmower blade with handle cut into one end/axe handle/shovel with handle cut and blade cut down in size.

What I wouldn't use is a iron bar with all those gears on the end. Maybe one hunk of metal out there but not multiples making it too head heavy as it is.

What would I use from my house as a club?

i got a wooden rolling pin 600mm long. that would work nicely. great for pizza bases too.

at 6 foot 2 140KG i know from the past bar stools are just the right heft

could use the base guitar, that would splinter away and end up being useful.

the machete lives hanging off the back of the bed head where the kids cant find it.

gun cabinet is in the bedroom...

may be sounding a bit psycho here

<shuffles off quietly to make sure the chainsaw starts nice and easily>

Nothing on the roadmap yet, but verbal agreement that an industrial forge would be good. I'd like to squeeze in steel spikes and get blood off the pristine ones.

Do consider the wood burning stove. It's weird making a campfire indoors. You already have the item in the game. Just make it cook a little faster and burn for a little longer.

Do consider the wood burning stove. It's weird making a campfire indoors. You already have the item in the game. Just make it cook a little faster and burn for a little longer.

Ya, when I enter a POI with one inside I love staying near one at night, on first nights, while creating my future plans ingame. Looks pretty neat, but not functional. Probably easy mod could patch that till Pimps decide if they will bring life to it.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived