Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

if they remove 'E' pick up on frames it will at least cost the player those resources. If they made it so the frames could stack only so high before it collapses that would limit them too. Like MM said, he could make a staircase out of marble to the roof it he wanted but at least it would cost him those resources to do it. Also someone can come along and knock it down. Zeds climbing frames is a great idea combined with what I've mentioned. They have the idea that the drone can do the building that you would need nerd polling for. Its all about discouraging. Honestly the cherry on top would be that unbuilt frames can't hold wait but I can't see MM letting that one happen.

Sounds like a ton of work that doesn't even solve the issue properly while sacrificing the ease of building. In my opinion, I don't see this as a good trade-off at all.
Maybe someone will come up with a clean solution some day.

5 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Well I found that "bouncy ladder" exploit, and I vote for fixing it :) But I can find more and I want to see hardcore game in 7DTD without this "zero-cost" bases. So if I make a video with "most cheated" bases with flying buildings, exploits, flying pieces of terrain etc - can you fix it? :)

Welcome friend! That was a good video by the way.

But be careful what you ask for.

They think a lot of things are exploits, that actually make the game more realistic.

29 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Its all about discouraging.

Yeah, from playing the game..

Maybe some people just like to mess around, and don't see things the way you do.

It's a control issue, not a game play issue.

4 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, from playing the game..

Maybe some people just like to mess around, and don't see things the way you do.

It's a control issue, not a game play issue.

Take it easy, he asked.

And it was because the alleged best player in the game (Jonah) said 'that nerd polling was one of those things that should probably be removed.'

2 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Welcome friend! That was a good video by the way.

But be careful what you ask for.

They think a lot of things are exploits, that actually make the game more realistic.

No no, I talk about flying things and stupid bugs - it's absolutely non-realistic. I think I can survive horde night without any walls in RWG and even in Navezgane, I just need some frames😀 And I can't wait to check fixed "bouncy ladders", because I have another similar bug..

Just now, Eighmy_Lupin said:

If they remove nerd polling they need to add scaffolding or building and repairing will become painfully unfun.

Building stairs to reach repair spots would be just as unrealistic as nerd polling, ever seen people do it in real life? No of course not, that's why we have scaffolding. 

Removing E to pick up wood blocks would also ruin base planning.

And TFP adding scaffolding would remove the purpose of removing nerdpoling. Just a point I thought I'd add.

45 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

if they remove 'E' pick up on frames it will at least cost the player those resources. If they made it so the frames could stack only so high before it collapses that would limit them too. Like MM said, he could make a staircase out of marble to the roof it he wanted but at least it would cost him those resources to do it. Also someone can come along and knock it down. Zeds climbing frames is a great idea combined with what I've mentioned. They have the idea that the drone can do the building that you would need nerd polling for. Its all about discouraging. Honestly the cherry on top would be that unbuilt frames can't hold wait but I can't see MM letting that one happen.

Edit: If I can do it on the hardest of the hard I can't see why people can't start learning how on adventure or whatever you feel your skill lvl is. Anyway, probably going to get a hand slap for bring it up again.

Y'all are still forgetting that there are legitimate reasons to use nerdpoling, and removing it would seriously impact builders, as would the inability to pick up placed frames.  Digging support pillars to bedrock would be nearly impossible without nerdpoling.  You're talking about building above ground ... which is great ... but there are people who build underground too where your so called building strategies wouldn't work.  

I'm sorry that you don't like people doing this ... but if you play on a single person game and you're not doing it, what the heck do you care?   

I fail to understand why this is such an issue ... if you don't like it, don't do it. 

What does it matter if someone else, in their own game, is doing something you don't like? 

Why do you care if someone in a game you are not in paints themselves purple, runs around naked and fornicates with bears?  It's their game ... leave them alone. 

If you don't like watching streams with people doing this ... don't watch the streams.  

Lord have mercy people.  Get a clue ... everyone doesn't play the same way.  People have different play styles, they have different things they like to do.  I'm very glad you like your play style ... have at it.  Quit trying to force me to play the same way you do.

21 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Take it easy, he asked.

And it was because the alleged best player in the game (Jonah) said 'that nerd polling was one of those things that should probably be removed.'

I don't care how other people play their game, because i'm not a control freak.

I think anyone thats not playing permadeath is a wuss, but i'm not voting for making that default.

1 hour ago, STyK_ said:

Only slightly over inflated. I'll give it a shot eventually though. 😉

Had a guy on a stream saying that nerd polling was possible IRL, I didn't say a word. See I'm practicing restraint! 😃

Oh I'd love top see someone trying that. Would be hilarious!

7 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Y'all are still forgetting that there are legitimate reasons to use nerdpoling, and removing it would seriously impact builders, as would the inability to pick up placed frames.  Digging support pillars to bedrock would be nearly impossible without nerdpoling.  You're talking about building above ground ... which is great ... but there are people who build underground too where your so called building strategies wouldn't work.  

is that a challenge? I think we all know now how far I'll go to make point. Do you think I couldn't do it?

8 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

but if you play on a single person game and you're not doing it, what the heck do you care?

because it will never beable to taken to the multiplayer world, and if I'm not the only one that feels this way then I'm not the only one, its not just me, there are others and with no option we are being forced to play in your world with your rules. So who is forcing who here?

I do sprint at night, horde every night, 10 minute days, maximum night, nomad lifestyle, 64 max alive... but when I do that I leave everything else at default. I suppose I could up the block damage as there is no need to build much. The most I build are little beacons with chests and sometimes if I can, some obstacles to slow them down. It's already really hard to last a long time.

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

That dude that can jump up onto a stack of boxes thats head high from a flat footed start could do it.

It's on youtube.

while carrying 25 build frames? and do it over and over again 25 times?

14 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

is that a challenge? I think we all know now how far I'll go to make point. Do you think I couldn't do it?

Yes, do it.  It has nothing to do with me, but having someone waste time to do something like that sounds like fun. 

Just now, STyK_ said:

while carrying 25 build frames? and do it over and over again 25 times?

well dont be silly, but I bet he could do it with a couple of 1 sq foot boxes. (one in each hand)

If someone was tossing him more boxes from the side, yeah, I bet he could go as high as you want.

Don't forget, this guy is leaping straight up over 4 feet in real life..

4 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I do sprint at night, horde every night, 10 minute days, maximum night, nomad lifestyle, 64 max alive... but when I do that I leave everything else at default. I suppose I could up the block damage as there is no need to build much. The most I build are little beacons with chests and sometimes if I can, some obstacles to slow them down. It's already really hard to last a long time.

TBH that just sounds painful... Like what color is your bondage gear?? lol

I think the root of the problem is with the POIs and loot locations.
It would help if the loot helper blocks for POIs could be grouped like the sleeper volumes.
Then you could place a few different loot locations but assign them to the same group. When the POI loads, it looks at the loot helper groups it has and for each one, it chooses one of the loot helpers to spawn in the loot. This way, you never know where exactly the main loot is. It also gives the illusion of variety in POIs that would otherwise be exactly the same.

EDIT: Additionally, this does not need to impact performance at all. When the POI loads and chooses which loot helpers will be spawning in loot, the ones that were not chosen can be instantly destroyed,

1 minute ago, pregnable said:

Yes, do it.  It has nothing to do with me, but having someone waste time to do something like that sounds like fun. 

I'd make sure to have enough wood on me. Dig down to bedrock, make 100 ladders, dig two blocks over so I can move to the side and start building the ladder, once the ladder was finished I go back down to the bottom and place one concrete block at a time while destroying the ladder as I climb out. Reinforced concrete or just regular concrete block?

4 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

well dont be silly, but I bet he could do it with a couple of 1 sq foot boxes. (one in each hand)

If someone was tossing him more boxes from the side, yeah, I bet he could go as high as you want.

Don't forget, this guy is leaping straight up over 4 feet in real life..

and he'd have to balance the stack while placing the other and jumping at the same time.

14 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I'd make sure to have enough wood on me. Dig down to bedrock, make 100 ladders, dig two blocks over so I can move to the side and start building the ladder, once the ladder was finished I go back down to the bottom and place one concrete block at a time while destroying the ladder as I climb out. Reinforced concrete or just regular concrete block?

Would not you still be able to kinda nerd pole with wooden ladders?

Ummm, if you are going to actually do it, use a block that more time to upgrade, so maybe reinforced or steel, lel.

Sorry for the OT, but I'd like to point something out about how some words are used in relation to the 7D2D game.

Nerd Poling : the improvised "pole" made by stacking wood (or metal) frames on top of each other to quickly reach higher ground.

Nerd Polling : interviews to a sufficiently wide group of Nerds about some ludicrous matter.

Horde Night : a synonymous for Blood Moon night, the night in which the horde comes for you!

Hoard Night : a special night when thieves come together and steal a flabbergasting amount of stuff.

Defense Turret : an automatic turret that shoots at enemies if connected to power and loaded with ammo.

Defense Turrent : a small tower that projects from the wall of a building, especially a medieval castle.

- The Grammar Nazi :heh:

6 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

TBH that just sounds painful... Like what color is your bondage gear?? lol

It's meant for really quick games. I do play normal games too. It's just challenging yourself to see how long you can last.
I'm waiting for stable, because I'm dying to give it another try with the better agility builds.

13 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

because it will never beable to taken to the multiplayer world, and if I'm not the only one that feels this way then I'm not the only one, its not just me, there are others and with no option we are being forced to play in your world with your rules. So who is forcing who here?

You are ridiculous.  

You are not being forced to do anything ... you are imposing challenges on yourself then complaining when everyone else doesn't acknowledge that you are the greatest and the best and doing it your way.

You are trying to change a core game mechanic that will affect everyone just to create a play style that you and a few others like.

But, since you have no ability to see someone else's view point I'm backing out of this conversation.

Continue to think only of yourself ... I'm sure it's earning you respect.  At least in your own mind.

15 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Sorry for the OT, but I'd like to point something out about how some words are used in relation to the 7D2D game.

Nerd Poling : the improvised "pole" made by stacking wood (or metal) frames on top of each other to quickly reach higher ground.

Nerd Polling : interviews to a sufficiently wide group of Nerds about some ludicrous matter.

Horde Night : a synonymous for Blood Moon night, the night in which the horde comes for you!

Hoard Night : a special night when thieves come together and steal a flabbergasting amount of stuff.

Defense Turret : an automatic turret that shoots at enemies if connected to power and loaded with ammo.

Defense Turrent : a small tower that projects from the wall of a building, especially a medieval castle.

- The Grammar Nazi :heh:

your right, its nerd poling my bad

16 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Would not you still be able to kinda nerd pole with wooden ladders?

Ummm, if you are going to actually do it, use a block that more time to upgrade, so maybe reinforced or steel, lel.

well no a ladders not nerd pol its a ladder and if everyone nerd pols why are there even ladders? Just to hold up the trap door?

12 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

You are ridiculous.  

You are not being forced to do anything ... you are imposing challenges on yourself then complaining when everyone else doesn't acknowledge that you are the greatest and the best and doing it your way.

You are trying to change a core game mechanic that will affect everyone just to create a play style that you and a few others like.

But, since you have no ability to see someone else's view point I'm backing out of this conversation.

Continue to think only of yourself ... I'm sure it's earning you respect.  At least in your own mind.

I actually said Jonah was the best allegedly.
Its still a group of people that paid just as much for the game as you did.

I'm actually taking into account another persons view they just have the same opinion I do who's name carries more weight then my own.
Its not about that you just think it is and are finding a place to land a cheap blow because I'm a new content creator. If I wasn't that would hold no weight.

Archived