Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

You mean stipulations such as "Insane difficulty, Nightmare zombie speed day and night, horde every night, 10 minute days, maximum amount of nighttime, nomad lifestyle, the No Crafting Challenge on top of it, 300% AI block damage, 25% loot, 64 max alive, etc."? ;)

Only slightly over inflated. I'll give it a shot eventually though. 😉

Had a guy on a stream saying that nerd polling was possible IRL, I didn't say a word. See I'm practicing restraint! 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, faatal said:

You can check the log file. It should show why a player died.

 

Looks like:

Entity name 830 killed by animalDireWolf 1561

Checked the logs and only say the username died. Does not say died by what.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, madmole said:

If it was a bug then I would not stop your perma death play through.

Did the dirt fall on her and kill her?

No, dirt did not fall on her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm confused about the nerd pole issue.
I was under the impression that removing it is a moot effort. Someone could just make a double tower so that you don't have to place a block below you.
I can see the idea of zombies climbing frames working out the best, but that's not exactly removal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I'm confused about the nerd pole issue.
I was under the impression that removing it is a moot effort. Someone could just make a double tower so that you don't have to place a block below you.
I can see the idea of zombies climbing frames working out the best, but that's not exactly removal.

if they remove 'E' pick up on frames it will at least cost the player those resources. If they made it so the frames could stack only so high before it collapses that would limit them too. Like MM said, he could make a staircase out of marble to the roof it he wanted but at least it would cost him those resources to do it. Also someone can come along and knock it down. Zeds climbing frames is a great idea combined with what I've mentioned. They have the idea that the drone can do the building that you would need nerd polling for. Its all about discouraging. Honestly the cherry on top would be that unbuilt frames can't hold wait but I can't see MM letting that one happen.

Edit: If I can do it on the hardest of the hard I can't see why people can't start learning how on adventure or whatever you feel your skill lvl is. Anyway, probably going to get a hand slap for bring it up again.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

You couldn't have made a better argument to show that this is really an exploit. If a 4 block wood structure needs 20-30 higher lvl zoms to remove it, it is past OP, it is !!OP!!

yeah...k

I think that you think breathing is op..

As soon as more than 3 pile up they go around each other and would hit the corner and come marching in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Yesterday I started redoing how AI walks on ladders due to the bouncy ladder exploit. Legacy code basically just shoved the AI up the ladder. Now they can walk and stand on them like a player can. Hopefully that will be ready for testing today, but may not be released until after stable.

Well I found that "bouncy ladder" exploit, and I vote for fixing it :) But I can find more and I want to see hardcore game in 7DTD without this "zero-cost" bases. So if I make a video with "most cheated" bases with flying buildings, exploits, flying pieces of terrain etc - can you fix it? :)

  • Knuckle Rub 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jorbascrumps said:

Chill, bro.

TFP DEV | First Twitch Partner Stream | A19 Solo Stream! 14 days ago

@1h 8m he starts talking about it after I asked, he said he needs repro's, we told him it happens on servers, he said well maybe I'll get the team to looking into it tomorrow, oh tomorrows saturday. BOOM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, faatal said:

There is the AI Block Damage setting. I started playing with it at 50%, but I make myself build a base, so no holing up in POIs. That was a bit easy, so I started doing 67%.

 

I'd love an option to make non player blocks weak, so I could use POIs, but they would not be that great. Or it could really be player placed blocks get x% more health, so my new construction would be better than what exists in the decaying world.

I think if you guys..literally the "gods" of this virtual world have to turn stuff down from default settings, that should maybe be telling you something..

I challenge all of the fun pimps staff to play on default settings for a month, with the only restriction being self imposed "permadeath".

Then if you can do that, I wont fuss when Madmole wants to add feral night sense or other unbalanced things to the game...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

if they remove 'E' pick up on frames it will at least cost the player those resources. If they made it so the frames could stack only so high before it collapses that would limit them too. Like MM said, he could make a staircase out of marble to the roof it he wanted but at least it would cost him those resources to do it. Also someone can come along and knock it down. Zeds climbing frames is a great idea combined with what I've mentioned. They have the idea that the drone can do the building that you would need nerd polling for. Its all about discouraging. Honestly the cherry on top would be that unbuilt frames can't hold wait but I can't see MM letting that one happen.

Sounds like a ton of work that doesn't even solve the issue properly while sacrificing the ease of building. In my opinion, I don't see this as a good trade-off at all.
Maybe someone will come up with a clean solution some day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Well I found that "bouncy ladder" exploit, and I vote for fixing it :) But I can find more and I want to see hardcore game in 7DTD without this "zero-cost" bases. So if I make a video with "most cheated" bases with flying buildings, exploits, flying pieces of terrain etc - can you fix it? :)

Welcome friend! That was a good video by the way.

But be careful what you ask for.

They think a lot of things are exploits, that actually make the game more realistic.

29 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Its all about discouraging.

Yeah, from playing the game..

Maybe some people just like to mess around, and don't see things the way you do.

It's a control issue, not a game play issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, from playing the game..

Maybe some people just like to mess around, and don't see things the way you do.

It's a control issue, not a game play issue.

Take it easy, he asked.

And it was because the alleged best player in the game (Jonah) said 'that nerd polling was one of those things that should probably be removed.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Welcome friend! That was a good video by the way.

But be careful what you ask for.

They think a lot of things are exploits, that actually make the game more realistic.

No no, I talk about flying things and stupid bugs - it's absolutely non-realistic. I think I can survive horde night without any walls in RWG and even in Navezgane, I just need some frames😀 And I can't wait to check fixed "bouncy ladders", because I have another similar bug..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they remove nerd polling they need to add scaffolding or building and repairing will become painfully unfun.

 

Building stairs to reach repair spots would be just as unrealistic as nerd polling, ever seen people do it in real life? No of course not, that's why we have scaffolding. 

 

Removing E to pick up wood blocks would also ruin base planning.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eighmy_Lupin said:

If they remove nerd polling they need to add scaffolding or building and repairing will become painfully unfun.

 

Building stairs to reach repair spots would be just as unrealistic as nerd polling, ever seen people do it in real life? No of course not, that's why we have scaffolding. 

 

Removing E to pick up wood blocks would also ruin base planning.

 

 

And TFP adding scaffolding would remove the purpose of removing nerdpoling. Just a point I thought I'd add.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

if they remove 'E' pick up on frames it will at least cost the player those resources. If they made it so the frames could stack only so high before it collapses that would limit them too. Like MM said, he could make a staircase out of marble to the roof it he wanted but at least it would cost him those resources to do it. Also someone can come along and knock it down. Zeds climbing frames is a great idea combined with what I've mentioned. They have the idea that the drone can do the building that you would need nerd polling for. Its all about discouraging. Honestly the cherry on top would be that unbuilt frames can't hold wait but I can't see MM letting that one happen.

Edit: If I can do it on the hardest of the hard I can't see why people can't start learning how on adventure or whatever you feel your skill lvl is. Anyway, probably going to get a hand slap for bring it up again.

Y'all are still forgetting that there are legitimate reasons to use nerdpoling, and removing it would seriously impact builders, as would the inability to pick up placed frames.  Digging support pillars to bedrock would be nearly impossible without nerdpoling.  You're talking about building above ground ... which is great ... but there are people who build underground too where your so called building strategies wouldn't work.  

 

I'm sorry that you don't like people doing this ... but if you play on a single person game and you're not doing it, what the heck do you care?   

 

I fail to understand why this is such an issue ... if you don't like it, don't do it. 

 

What does it matter if someone else, in their own game, is doing something you don't like? 

 

Why do you care if someone in a game you are not in paints themselves purple, runs around naked and fornicates with bears?  It's their game ... leave them alone. 

 

If you don't like watching streams with people doing this ... don't watch the streams.  

 

Lord have mercy people.  Get a clue ... everyone doesn't play the same way.  People have different play styles, they have different things they like to do.  I'm very glad you like your play style ... have at it.  Quit trying to force me to play the same way you do.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Take it easy, he asked.

And it was because the alleged best player in the game (Jonah) said 'that nerd polling was one of those things that should probably be removed.'

I don't care how other people play their game, because i'm not a control freak.

I think anyone thats not playing permadeath is a wuss, but i'm not voting for making that default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STyK_ said:

Only slightly over inflated. I'll give it a shot eventually though. 😉

Had a guy on a stream saying that nerd polling was possible IRL, I didn't say a word. See I'm practicing restraint! 😃

Oh I'd love top see someone trying that. Would be hilarious!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Y'all are still forgetting that there are legitimate reasons to use nerdpoling, and removing it would seriously impact builders, as would the inability to pick up placed frames.  Digging support pillars to bedrock would be nearly impossible without nerdpoling.  You're talking about building above ground ... which is great ... but there are people who build underground too where your so called building strategies wouldn't work.  

is that a challenge? I think we all know now how far I'll go to make point. Do you think I couldn't do it?

 

8 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

but if you play on a single person game and you're not doing it, what the heck do you care?

because it will never beable to taken to the multiplayer world, and if I'm not the only one that feels this way then I'm not the only one, its not just me, there are others and with no option we are being forced to play in your world with your rules. So who is forcing who here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do sprint at night, horde every night, 10 minute days, maximum night, nomad lifestyle, 64 max alive... but when I do that I leave everything else at default. I suppose I could up the block damage as there is no need to build much. The most I build are little beacons with chests and sometimes if I can, some obstacles to slow them down. It's already really hard to last a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

That dude that can jump up onto a stack of boxes thats head high from a flat footed start could do it.

It's on youtube.

while carrying 25 build frames? and do it over and over again 25 times?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...