15 minutes ago, Dethar said:

At least I'm only type2. Always forget which type is which, and only take pills. Kind of hate needles. When I go in for diabetes checkup, I can't watch needle piercing my skin but love watch blood pouring into vial. Think its more I'm afraid I will flinch.

Type 1 is what you're born with and type 2 is acquired so to speak. Mi mam was diabetic. Flinching is what causes bruises 😬 lay back and think of England (or so the phrase goes here) I'm not scared of needles but I hate the thought of meds in the vein. I do love the tattoo needles however. That's like a massage 😃

4 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

A friend of mine wants to know how one could do such a thing automatically. What can I tell him?

Humhum, just askin' for a friend eh? 🤣😛

Edited by Laynie
Missed emoji (see edit history)

Dev question: Armor in loot seems to noticibly favor Heavy Armor over Light. Is this intended &/or will this remain as is for the forseeable future?

On Nerdpoling. One thought for TFPs; it's fairly common for there to be small loot like the Purse or Small Ammo Pile up on high shelves (or hidden up in the acostic tile, falling zed ceilings) where you have to either nerd pole up a block to loot or hop like a bunny and try to get it. If these small loot items were easier to _interact_ with, not saying they'd have to be bigger, maybe just larger interact boxes, then that might reduce some of the game training players to use nerdpoling.

---

Personally I basically only use nerdpoling for building & mining. Main use being for foundation piers/pilings.

I find early game mining very tedious, ~25+ pecks of a stone axe, so I prefer to dig straight down say 15 blocks then nerdpole back up leaving flagstone blocks behind for support piers for the base above. Later I can mine at night under the base without worrying that it will collapse.

Yes, I could mine out 2 wide on the way down and then place blocks and ladders to get back up, but that just seems like additional needless tedium, to me.

31 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

lol, ok, back on topic.

Yay! they say the fixed the arrows! havent played yet, but they said it.

i just loaded in and recorded day 4 of my challenge world, the arrows are fixed for sure, im so happy given my playthough is limited weapons on purpose

i think i have found a bit of an exploit. 

if you have a quest marker on a poi that you have previously cleared, activate the quest marker to reload/refresh ready tfor the quest. and quit and come back in.

the poi is still refreshed and the quest marker is back.

clear poi, reactivate quest marker, clear poi again. 3 clears for 1 poi.

nice when its crack a book 🙂

thanks for heads up but for now its allowed and hopefully will be addressed in a future alpha
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

i think i have found a bit of an exploit. 

if you have a quest marker on a poi that you have previously cleared, activate the quest marker to reload/refresh ready tfor the quest. and quit and come back in.

the poi is still refreshed and the quest marker is back.

clear poi, reactivate quest marker, clear poi again. 3 clears for 1 poi.

nice when its crack a book 🙂

I am curious can you make a video showing what your talking about? I am not sure I understand.

• Knuckle Rub 1
4 minutes ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

I am curious can you make a video showing what your talking about? I am not sure I understand.

its actually exactly as nukemded said, when you take a quest head to the quest location, start the quest, quit your game, when you reload your game the poi will still have been reset but so will the quest, loot the poi, start the quest, then remain in the quest area and quit your game, reload again and boom, your quest is back again and the loot is back again

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, beerfly said:

Just remember, if you hear baby crying, you are not in wasteland ! Keep kicking @%$*#! and hope you have the time for all you want :)

Thanks man! If you hear something crying it's either the baby, or myself, if I crack from the stress/pressure :D

6 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

That's me exactly.  Some day I'm going to reveal my true self.

Also, if anyone wants to sext me, PM me for my number.  

Edit:  Wow!, 3 requests already.  This is great!

Did you give them my number again? You're sending me all the pervs again!

5 hours ago, Laynie said:

Was she baking? Like maybe a bun?

Yeah a ginger cake I think :D

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Thanks man! If you hear something crying it's either the baby, or myself, if I crack from the stress/pressure :D

Did you give them my number again? You're sending me all the pervs again!

Yeah a ginger cake I think :D

Lol Cute. I baked a ginger myself. 

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I plead the 5th.

🙈😃

8 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

As much as I hated them in Alpha 18 I have to admit that now, with blade traps not triggering their bomb anymore, they are quite feasible. Sadly I cannot use my turrets any longer during horde night but blade traps, electric fences and aimed shots on their heads deal with demolishers pretty successfully.

Tx for the feedback - if only blade traps work without trigger, it limits automated base support systems to one design for later stages, though, so personally I still see room for improvement there. Alas, I haven't had the time to get that far in testing these Alpha yet, so that's all I can say on it. I very much hope regular base building with a variety in designs gets feasible again.

What do you call the secondary weapon perks like perceptions demolition expert and strengths sledge hammer perk(I forget the name :)) I notice that fortidue and intellect don't have one, is there any plans to fill those out? Fortidue could have like a riot shield with spikes on it, that you bash zs with and it's secondary action could be similar to how the bow drains your stamina while you have an arrow drawn, but when you hold up the shield it blocks damage (while draining stamina). Not sure about intellect, I know it techically does have a secondary weapon option, making traps etc. Could maybe use a early game ranged weapon skill, like a sling shot that you craft different 'projectiles' like posion/chemical/acid shots or explosives or shrapnel shots.

I also wondered if it would be feasible to add a repair item currently selected in toolbelt hotkey? maybe with a modifier to prevent unintentional repairs like shift+Y or somthing. 

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

Tx for the feedback - if only blade traps work without trigger, it limits automated base support systems to one design for later stages, though, so personally I still see room for improvement there. Alas, I haven't had the time to get that far in testing these Alpha yet, so that's all I can say on it. I very much hope regular base building with a variety in designs gets feasible again.

Blade traps don't trigger demolishers anymore is the point.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic