Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Yopo said:

Or just leave it alone and accept it as a possible play style. Might be hard to believe that not everyone wants to go hard every playthough or even causal for that matter. Sometime ya just wanna have a relaxing stress free night of just breaking and bending the game to your will for a change. Ultimately if TFP feel they need to fix it they will. But I’m sure there will be other ways. There’s always a way

I think it comes down to more then you want to beable to cheese the game so it should be left, their are difficulties that are easier, pretty sure you could just turn the zeds off in the xml if you wanted. You already have zeds lined up on a conveyor for those that want to exploit that way. Its a survival game and should be treated as such. The company integrity as a game producer in question how about? Begs the question of what the next game will be like if they are willing to leave things like that. Don't think leaving exploits in was part of the kickstarter goals do you? What other survival game would just leave exploits in because someone wants to play less then casual?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, faatal said:

You can already do plenty of physics defying things.

Not nearly as many as they can..

Like how you "fixed" the slippery slope thing...

Now they can walk across that np...But I can't.. wut?

56 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

You've been mentioning those holes a lot lately.
Sounds to me like something's coming down the road.

already here in part.

I was in the "old" fire station, and had a wolf break through the wall block one up from the bottom, and he jumped through that hole..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Awesome, thanks a lot. I want to see how good this can be.

Laz and  I have been using it quite extensively in our prefabs and neither of us is disappointed. (if you use them correctly, they offer greater game play by the different ways to trigger sleepers surprising the players)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

Laz and  I have been using it quite extensively in our prefabs and neither of us is disappointed. (if you use them correctly, they offer greater game play by the different ways to trigger sleepers surprising the players)

This is awesome.
You can actually set things up so that if a player enters a POI through some way you don't want, a harder set of zombies can be spawned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yep and i even set up hidden zombies behind fake walls that will attack after you think you are clear to proceed. and we can set a sleeper volume up to not be used in a quest just in case you decided to add a deterrent force. (that way they arent part of the quest requirement).

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, unholyjoe said:

yep and i even set up hidden zombies behind fake walls that will attack after you think you are clear to proceed. and we can set a sleeper volume up to not be used in a quest just in case you decided to add a deterrent force. (that way they arent part of the quest requirement).

Ah yes, that's good thinking with the quests.
Deactivation of a volume when another volume was triggered would be icing on this cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SittingDuck said:

Electric Fences stopped to work and did spark at the fence post sometime during my hordenight... is that a feature? can we get a tooltip? how long does it take to work again?

You have to repair the end post. It wears out.

6 minutes ago, EmpV said:

Any chance there could ever be feral zombie rabbits? I can’t think of anything more terrifying at night.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STyK_ said:

I think it comes down to more then you want to beable to cheese the game so it should be left, their are difficulties that are easier, pretty sure you could just turn the zeds off in the xml if you wanted. You already have zeds lined up on a conveyor for those that want to exploit that way. Its a survival game and should be treated as such. The company integrity as a game producer in question how about? Begs the question of what the next game will be like if they are willing to leave things like that. Don't think leaving exploits in was part of the kickstarter goals do you? What other survival game would just leave exploits in because someone wants to play less then casual?

You’ve completely missed the point. I’m sorry you failed reading and comprehension. You poor poor boy 

  • Poop 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yopo said:

You’ve completely missed the point. I’m sorry you failed reading and comprehension. You poor poor boy 

No, I will never acknowledge using exploits as a game style, this is literally backwards thinking you poor lady. Its one thing to use them while the game is still broken but its something completely different to expect them to stay that way for the sake of the way you play. Especially at the expense of what I have already stated. I'm sorry if you fail to comprehend how a game is actually supposed to be played.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be neat if the traders offered a special quest to find a series of items, basically multiple places you have to go to, can even have digging quests, once this long quest is done you get yourself either a legendary item, or a part of the legendary item for them to craft for u later, that could be a neat incentive

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

No, I will never acknowledge using exploits as a game style

The problem is that some of the things you label as exploits aren’t labeled as exploits by literally anyone else...

 

I respect your high standards but you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

Not nearly as many as they can..

Like how you "fixed" the slippery slope thing...

Now they can walk across that np...But I can't.. wut?

Is this a contest? The zombies were just telling me the other day that players can harvest and carry massive amounts of stuff, then magically build these huge bases. They want you nerfed.

 

I can walk across it just fine other than some sliding down.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, faatal said:

Is this a contest? The zombies were just telling me the other day that players can harvest and carry massive amounts of stuff, then magically build these huge bases. They want you nerfed.

 

I can walk across it just fine other than some sliding down.

The zombies talk to you now? I’ve been trying to reach that level for years. 

  • Haha 2
  • Knuckle Rub 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, n2n1 said:

more AI exploit:

 

 

No matter how complex the AI is, there will always be exploits.

Do a simple and effective AI.

Sorry @Rolandbut that is an exploit, no if and or buts about it. Yes I have a high standard and wish TFP did too but this isn't debatable, thats literally game braking.

  • Poop 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Roland said:

The zombies talk to you now? I’ve been trying to reach that level for years. 

Single player charisma.

6 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Sorry @Rolandbut that is an exploit, no if and or buts about it. Yes I have a high standard and wish TFP did too but this isn't debatable, thats literally game braking.

That's The Hopping Dead Season 1
or maybe it's just a test for the feral rabbits someone wanted.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Sorry @Rolandbut that is an exploit, no if and or buts about it. Yes I have a high standard and wish TFP did too but this isn't debatable, thats literally game braking.

That is just a stupid bug with ladders. Ladders don't work that great in general, even for the player. I already put it on my todo list.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...