Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just had a thought, could be an option for added difficulty should one choose, what if there was an option to toggle horde sense at night, where zombies and some animals that spawn will home in on your general area, would make the night time more interesting thats for sure

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thought, im bad today, i think someone mentioned the traders specializing in stuff for what they sell, would it go something like....

 

Trader Joel - Jack of all trades, carries a bit of everything, but not as much as a specialist

Trader Jenn - More medical supplies and less of everything else

Trader Rekt - More Guns and Explosives to Wreck the opponents and not as much of other items

Trader Bob - More Building Supplies and Armor than everyone else

Trader Billy (Made Up for Billy Bob) - Carries more food than other supplies

Trader Cid (Reference to Final Fantasy) - Carries more Parts and Mechanical items than other items

 

Just as a thought but would that be something that could work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

64 alive or 64 blood moon? Two totally different things. 64 alive is default. 64 blood moon is not. One is on basic tab the other is on adv tab. Which are you referring to with your 64?

Both maxed out. It was implied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I just had a thought, could be an option for added difficulty should one choose, what if there was an option to toggle horde sense at night, where zombies and some animals that spawn will home in on your general area, would make the night time more interesting thats for sure

What would be different with this as opposed to setting it to BM every night?

EDIT: You mean just the natural spawns would always investigate somewhere close to your proximity at night?

Edited by AtomicUs5000 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to expand on the electrical circuit features? It would be cool if you could make a powered door that closes when powered. I want to have a switch that turns on my base defenses and closes the door(s), and you can't open the door again until you turn off the defenses!

 

Also, I was confused by the interaction between generator banks and battery banks. I expected to be able to connect them in series and the generator would strictly charge the batteries while the battery bank supplied power. I realized (after banging my head on some turrets that just wouldn't power on) it doesn't work that way -- if the generator is turned on, it powers the whole circuit, bypassing the batter bank's output. I had a lot more batteries than engines, so I figured I could boost my max power output using the battery while still trickle-charging, but no dice!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

if you wanted to, im currently getting my 4th day in for my channel, my new run is 50% loot and im only using knives, pistols and bows, explosives are saved for horde night and tier 5 pois, though i may carry some landmines for the pois i go into for some laughs

Alright, but it's going to be ugly. ūüėõ¬†No fancy paint job or deco or anything like that, just a basic template.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Another thought, im bad today, i think someone mentioned the traders specializing in stuff for what they sell, would it go something like....

 

Trader Joel - Jack of all trades, carries a bit of everything, but not as much as a specialist

Trader Jenn - More medical supplies and less of everything else

Trader Rekt - More Guns and Explosives to Wreck the opponents and not as much of other items

Trader Bob - More Building Supplies and Armor than everyone else

Trader Billy (Made Up for Billy Bob) - Carries more food than other supplies

Trader Cid (Reference to Final Fantasy) - Carries more Parts and Mechanical items than other items

 

Just as a thought but would that be something that could work?

This is already a thing, traders have specialties. They're due for an inventory overhaul and it'll probably be more apparent once that's complete.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

What would be different with this as opposed to setting it to BM every night?

EDIT: You mean just the natural spawns would always investigate somewhere close to your proximity at night?

That is what i mean, given at night ferals spawn in the environment its not a bad idea to have them kinda home in on you, and given we are smelting, have torches and such they would find us easily, would liven the nights up more without making them a bm every night, and having dire wolves, dire bears (i wish were a thing) zombie dogs, and ferals just come and say hi, would be welcome i think, again as a toggled setting so it doesn't happen to everybody

5 minutes ago, EggsAisle said:

This is already a thing, traders have specialties. They're due for an inventory overhaul and it'll probably be more apparent once that's complete.

i figured it was a thing, just never seems apparent right now, when they overhaul it im sure to notice, all though jenn is the only one really noted to have a specialty, and rekt is an @%$*#! so of course he would have weapons

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STyK_ said:

He's giving people what they want to see, don't hate on him, that's where the views are unfortunately. Make it so the game can't do this or accept that is what the game is by not putting the proper rules in place. This is the game giant meme I warned you about. #you can't force self-control

I think there is a little too much focus on chasing exploits.

Skyrim and FO4 have a ton of them, and at times it's fun to mess around with them.

If someone has no self control, they will get bored soon enough and move on, or maybe they just enjoy playing with them.

Either way, it's ok.

 

1 hour ago, enragedcamel said:

Guys, I just want to live in a steel box I can shoot out of, lol.

ok, so make windows in the box and put 2 layers of bars on each window. My recent day 14 horde video has exactly that in the ceiling of my horde base.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pegasus said:

Poop.  Even if you made it two high?  No, that wouldn't work because you couldn't put an arch there.  We need a door/arch combo block.  LOL

 

Still, love the new arches.

 

We need an inside arch corner too ... to fill the space if you have arches on all four sides of a block (multiple archways) and want to fill in between them so it doesn't look weird.

A modder could hack it together easily.. just make the door a 2 meter multi block but it would be 2.5 meters high to the peak of collision. Then it would work fine, but the issue is if you put any block other than an arch up there, it clips, looks wrong and would get us a bug ticket so we can't really do it properly without some kind of new tech that had the arched block paintable and achored above the door. Way too much engineering when you can just put a plate or something behind it and just use a square door.

I'm not really picturing your use case needed an arch corner?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Another thought, im bad today, i think someone mentioned the traders specializing in stuff for what they sell, would it go something like....

 

Trader Joel - Jack of all trades, carries a bit of everything, but not as much as a specialist

Trader Jenn - More medical supplies and less of everything else

Trader Rekt - More Guns and Explosives to Wreck the opponents and not as much of other items

Trader Bob - More Building Supplies and Armor than everyone else

Trader Billy (Made Up for Billy Bob) - Carries more food than other supplies

Trader Cid (Reference to Final Fantasy) - Carries more Parts and Mechanical items than other items

 

Just as a thought but would that be something that could work?

They already have specialization.

33 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

That is what i mean, given at night ferals spawn in the environment its not a bad idea to have them kinda home in on you, and given we are smelting, have torches and such they would find us easily, would liven the nights up more without making them a bm every night, and having dire wolves, dire bears (i wish were a thing) zombie dogs, and ferals just come and say hi, would be welcome i think, again as a toggled setting so it doesn't happen to everybody

i figured it was a thing, just never seems apparent right now, when they overhaul it im sure to notice, all though jenn is the only one really noted to have a specialty, and rekt is an @%$*#! so of course he would have weapons

"Feral sense at night" would be a decent option. You couldn't go anywhere at night without eveything coming out of the woodwork to get you. It would be pretty scary tbh and add cheap legs to the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, madmole said:

They already have specialization.

"Feral sense at night" would be a decent option. You couldn't go anywhere at night without eveything coming out of the woodwork to get you. It would be pretty scary tbh and add cheap legs to the game.

The fear factor is what i would go for with it, your simply mining in your mine and now you got 4-5 ferals on you without a screamer, it would keep people on their toes thats for sure.

 

Another thing, my smg seems to be giving zombies bleed damage, all it has is a grip and drum barrel on it, i do have pistol pete all 7 books but nothing for bleeding, am i alone in this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Phoenixshade35 So it appears that not only has this design been done before, but after some research on my end it's quite the popular design. However, to save you some time, these are the inner workings of the base.

 

1. Zombies dash across corridor and over the powered garage doors. Any zombies that fall into the trench around the base end up pathfinding up to the ramps adjacent to the base's entrance/exit.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_48_34_PM.thumb.png.976c6334c98b4f8f036b81e92e198a12.png

 

2. On the other side, you watch the zombies approach. Above or beside you would be a lever where you power/unpower the garage doors. Behind you would be a room/compartment where the generator bank sits, and in front of you sits a vault hatch door to keep the brain-eating undead at bay.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_49_10_PM.thumb.png.13593c1bdd5387768d96602834ab6154.png

 

3. You flick the switch and send the zombies back to the underworld from whence they came... Or at the very least, a very deep, dark pit with an array of traps lined at the bottom.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_49_20_PM.thumb.png.514dfde6daa77226d5617ee884843230.png

 

4. You flick the switch to seal the zombies inside where they will meet their unfortunate fate, and rinse and repeat.

 

Edit reason: key grammar error

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I put that feral sense at night idea on the roadmap. Don't say we never listen to you guys :) Obviously I'll need to get everyone on board and make sure its pretty easy to do, but I can see that being a great feature to make the game more challenging and scary.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmole said:

I put that feral sense at night idea on the roadmap. Don't say we never listen to you guys :) Obviously I'll need to get everyone on board and make sure its pretty easy to do, but I can see that being a great feature to make the game more challenging and scary.

What is this "feral sense" feature you speak of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

@Phoenixshade35 So it appears that not only has this design been done before, but after some research on my end it's quite the popular design. However, to save you some time, these are the inner workings of the base.

 

1. Zombies dash across corridor and over the powered garage doors. Any zombies that fall into the trench around the base end up pathfinding up to the ramps adjacent to the base's entrance/exit.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_48_34_PM.thumb.png.976c6334c98b4f8f036b81e92e198a12.png

 

2. On the other side, you watch the zombies approach. Above or beside you would be a lever where you power/unpower the garage doors. Behind you would be a room/compartment where the generator bank sits, and in front of you sits a vault hatch door to keep the brain-eating undead at bay.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_49_10_PM.thumb.png.13593c1bdd5387768d96602834ab6154.png

 

3. You flick the switch and send the zombies back to the underworld from whence they came... Or at the very least, a very deep, dark pit with an array of traps lined at the bottom.

 

7_Days_To_Die_2020-08-12_3_49_20_PM.thumb.png.514dfde6daa77226d5617ee884843230.png

 

4. You flick the switch to seal the zombies to their unfortunate fate, and rinse and repeat.

So while they are on a sideways garage door you activate it and they fall in the pit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, madmole said:

I put that feral sense at night idea on the roadmap. Don't say we never listen to you guys :) Obviously I'll need to get everyone on board and make sure its pretty easy to do, but I can see that being a great feature to make the game more challenging and scary.

Thats awesome, it occured to me given ferals are a different variety of zombie, having them path to you at night, or within a radius of you so they can hear you would make nights more challenging, as it stands even with animals i rarely run into anything at night, could even have a feral roaming horde that spawns at night and comes by your base, your choice to hide or fight.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

What is this "feral sense" feature you speak of?

basically ferals at night will hone in on where living prey is (the player or Players) so however many spawn at night might in a manner of speaking breadcrumb towards you, cause as it stands when daylight hits the ferals that spawn at night randomly die in the daylight, seems like a waste of enemies

And do we have feral burning ones?  I can never tell since their eyes are always the same color, would be cool if the orange flame residue on them was blue to indicate a "hotter" zombie (feral)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Thats awesome, it occured to me given ferals are a different variety of zombie, having them path to you at night, or within a radius of you so they can hear you would make nights more challenging, as it stands even with animals i rarely run into anything at night, could even have a feral roaming horde that spawns at night and comes by your base, your choice to hide or fight.

basically ferals at night will hone in on where living prey is (the player or Players) so however many spawn at night might in a manner of speaking breadcrumb towards you, cause as it stands when daylight hits the ferals that spawn at night randomly die in the daylight, seems like a waste of enemies

I was thinking all zombies would have that sense, not just ferals. Might as well make it hardcore since not that many ferals spawn at night anyway except in the wasteland. I'd want ALL zombies to have the ability if I turned it on.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmole said:

I was thinking all zombies would have that sense, not just ferals. Might as well make it hardcore since not that many ferals spawn at night anyway except in the wasteland. I'd want ALL zombies to have the ability if I turned it on.

Makes sense, definitely liven up the later nights and make the first few nights more defence oriented haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...