Jump to content
madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Recommended Posts

Tbh I kinda have hard time understanding ppl haveing problems with T5 poi’s. Personally haven’t had any trouble with em my self for a long time now, tho they use to be hard in the beginning when I started ply some years ago. I was a real noob lol. Now it  Takes me about a day moving thought at a normal speed. Half a day if I’m going  relatively  Fast and a day n a half if I’m being slow and Stealthy and looting everything.  These are on average Times. 

Which I found out it’s completely possible to stealth kill every zombie (and vulture) in the shot gun factory tho you do have to completely invest points into accomplishing that, as it should be.

so yeah guess I’ve played to the point where it’s not a big problem for me like it use to be, which is also how it should be. Practice pays off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Yopo said:

Tbh I kinda have hard time understanding ppl haveing problems with T5 poi’s. 

The problem is that some players have adopted habits over the years that are detrimental to following a given path.

The thinking is "There's a locked door, so I open it with my tools" or "There's a broken staircase. So I build my own path with frames".

 

Also a lot of impatience is involved. If the path is not evident, improvisation is used and many areas are simply skipped.

 

Especially the parts are difficult for these players where you have to solve small puzzles to get ahead like jumping up in an elevator shaft. And if the path is around the outside of the building then a shortcut through the wall is taken because they don't want to fall down.

 

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, madmole said:

When it's done. That is certainly possible but nobody has a crystal ball.

I do and it says this!

 

 

oh wait it is very fogy but i see 4 words...

 

When..... it...... is....... Done........ What does that mean?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, faatal said:

No zombie auto targets you except for blood moon spawns and POI volumes set to attack.

Hey @faatal, freshly spawned wandering hordes seem to auto-target you. You cannot get a sneak attack bonus on them - yet they still don't "see" the player as they are not aggroed. Is this on purpose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

The problem is that some players have adopted habits over the years that are detrimental to following a given path.

The thinking is "There's a locked door, so I open it with my tools" or "There's a broken staircase. So I build my own path with frames".

 

Also a lot of impatience is involved. If the path is not evident, improvisation is used and many areas are simply skipped.

 

Especially the parts are difficult for these players where you have to solve small puzzles to get ahead like jumping up in an elevator shaft. And if the path is around the outside of the building then a shortcut through the wall is taken because they don't want to fall down.

 

This is a habit I am trying to break of my new 7DTD friends.  Every single mission I have to remind them, "Follow the path or you're going to get confused."

Like Refugee stated, I can clear T5 quests in no time.  My friends and I decided to knock one out on horde day when it was already 1700ish.  We were in the air and heading to our horde base at ~2150. 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Welcome to the party... too late.

Also, no need to get personal and throw insults around... someone might say the same for your idea. 😉

Sorry didn't realise facts were now considered insults, noted. Don't care if people do say my idea is dumb, I'm a grown up and realise not everyone is gonna agree with me ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, madmole said:

I added a new round arch shape today :)

EfLn0hmUwAA2qZl?format=jpg&name=large

 

MM, add this block shape please. This shape is sorely lacking when you make walls from plates. Thanks.

EfOT7OnWkAEosdc?format=jpg&name=large

 

 Guys, leave a like if you support the request 👍

  • Like 17
  • Knuckle Rub 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Did you start a new game when latest experimental dropped?

Sometimes NOT restarting can mess up your game... just a guess.

Yes, we started new game. We cleaned all data on both PC as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Orsey said:

 

MM, add this block shape please. This shape is sorely lacking when you make walls from plates. Thanks.

EfOT7OnWkAEosdc?format=jpg&name=large

 

 Guys, leave a like if you support the request 👍

i mean it is not hard to do that normally 

 

 

personly i would rather have them add all the other shapes to make my base look better like Center 1/2, Curved walls, round walls, those roofs of the trailers they uses around the edges that i don't know the name off! like have a Folder like blocks, Walls, Roofs, stairs, floors, others rather then a mosh pit that is unorganized, (also they could turn the scrap metal frame into a Shape shifter so you can turn it into other shapes like Arrow slots) but hey thats my opinion :)   

 

 

 

edit: it seams that Madmole has been liking castles more! i mean @Laz Man and @Toban seem to help feed his hunger for mid evil buildings!  just me maybe?

 

 

Edit 2: Good to see you back @Orsey :)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Is there a particular reason for solar cells being one of the most expensive items the trader has to offer? About 40k Dukes with 25 % discount included already for a quality 6 solar cell seems pretty much to me. Especially as they only deliver energy during daytime and therefore are useless for a lot of purposes.

 

Or are there some things solar cells are specially useful for?

you connect them to a battery bank and you have 100% self-sustaining power 24/7. The solar charges the batteries for night use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Nugetti said:

Hey @faatal, freshly spawned wandering hordes seem to auto-target you. You cannot get a sneak attack bonus on them - yet they still don't "see" the player as they are not aggroed. Is this on purpose?

Sure you can! Just run away from the initial charge and lose them, then they go idle, go back and pick them off one at a time. I actually did it in a recently posted vid. They are 2hs though so maybe a tough time finding that particular part.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, STyK_ said:

No actually and all I play is permadeath as well so I know that could be rather annoying/upsetting. Do you verify game files after every update? If that was happening to me I'd uninstall and reinstall then verify game files. Random death shouldn't just be happening.

Edit: Unless the ground is caving in on top of you guys while digging, that can kill you forsure.

No cave in or anything of that sort. I have not verified files, but I did clean all game files on both the PC. It only happens to my wife, and no one else in the group. It started with the latest experimental. I will clean files again today and verify then see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Junuxx said:

The word you're looking for is a cuboid aka a box.

 

Is the distance at which sleepers get spawned in any way exposed in the XML?

I'm pretty sure the sleeper volume itself gets spawned in along with the POI.
Sleeper volume size and origin are defined in each POI's xml file.
From what I've seen, the zombie attached to the sleeper volume spawns in when the player collides with the volume. Usually the volumes are defined such that a player will ideally trigger the spawn before entering the room, although in a few cases, such as while going down open staircases, zombies can spawn while in the player's view. They get around this by placing a lot of zombies around corners and inside closets.
Opening a POI in the prefab editor will give you a visual display of sleeper volumes.
A sleeper volume may contains several zombie spawners which spawn zombies from the zombie groups you define for the sleeper volume.
Each individual zombie spawner within a volume I believe, but I am unsure, are stored in a different file, not the xml, with information such as position, rotation. Here, I also believe how sensitive the zombie is to noise, or how easily it will wake up, is defined. Hearing radius or something of that sort is defined. Low sensitivity with a small radius allows those closet zombies to for the most part stay put until you get really close.

Edited by AtomicUs5000 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HungryZombie said:

you connect them to a battery bank and you have 100% self-sustaining power 24/7. The solar charges the batteries for night use.

ok good, I wasn't sure if I dreamed up the connecting to the solar bank. 

Edit: I meant connecting solar bank to the battery bank.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Sorry didn't realise facts were now considered insults, noted. Don't care if people do say my idea is dumb, I'm a grown up and realise not everyone is gonna agree with me ;)

You can disagree without being rude or vulgar, but I guess to each one his standards...

27 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

ok good, I wasn't sure if I dreamed up the connecting to the solar bank. 

They're actually useless and a waste of money... normal generators with a full tank will last you days if not weeks unless you're lighting a city. 🔋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@madmole ...you mentioned a couple of times the number of clicks when doing things is a factor when planning things (switching mods from weapon to weapon for example IIRC).  With that in mind, can the paintbrush can be changed to work like a nailgun/hammer/stone axe?  With one of those, just holding right-click and moving cursor from block to block allows you to upgrade...with the paintbrush you have to right click on every single block.  I know you can use the paint roller option but that's not ideal when you are trying to be precise with the paint. 

 

In the big picture, it's a small thing, but it sure would be a nice QoL improvement (IMO).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

They're actually useless and a waste of money... normal generators with a full tank will last you days if not weeks unless you're lighting a city. 🔋

They have they're uses, end game forsure. PVP you hook it up to a battery bank then hook it up to a your security inside, shotgun turrents or what ever you can dream up. Then who ever is going to raid your base has to destroy the solar bank(on the roof of your base) and wait for the battery bank to run out of power. You can leave your base for days in and out of game and you have constant power to your security. Otherwise you have to come back or log back in and gas the generator all the time.

 

The only draw back was the lag they made on servers, we've told Lathan details on how to recreate it on his stream, it doesn't happen in singleplayer he has to test it on servers.

 

Also pretty sure you can get panels salvaging solar banks, at least you could from what I heard, chance to salvage solar panels and a chance to salvage the solar bank. I've never made it happen, I bought mine in end game when you have more money then you know what to do with. This was before it was brass.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaVegaNL said:

I love your round shapes, MM.

When I read thisI felt like I heard a drum roll while I'm waiting to see snowdog's response to your comment :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, madmole said:

When I read thisI felt like I heard a drum roll while I'm waiting to see snowdog's response to your comment :)

will that shape come to the Shape menu?

 

 

*cough cough* curved slope cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, madmole said:

I added a new round arch shape today :)

Looks great. Would something like a round inside corner be possible or or would that have too many polygons?

What I wish would be a stair inside corner like this:

 

Download.jpeg.c80053e744878fc0de38b34578586081.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, madmole said:

When I read this I felt like I heard a drum roll while I'm waiting to see snowdog's response to your comment :)

Someone is gonna complain of another dog horde soon 🤠

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Someone is gonna complain of another dog horde soon 🤠

 

@DaVega, aside from mocking around, do you play some 7days recently, I work a lot lately and can`t play here, but hope you are having good time out there, I mean it, mate. 

And I am still locked in your dungeon btw, just saying.. 

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Sympathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, meganoth said:

a long fight through a jungle with no way out but up.

There is a fun alternate start where you fly to and begin on the roof and work your way down. I can't remember if you are supposed to gift yourself a pistol with 100 ammo or not but it's something like that. It was pretty fun in a no way out but down sort of way.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i mean it is not hard to do that normally 

 

 

personly i would rather have them add all the other shapes to make my base look better like Center 1/2, Curved walls, round walls, those roofs of the trailers they uses around the edges that i don't know the name off! like have a Folder like blocks, Walls, Roofs, stairs, floors, others rather then a mosh pit that is unorganized, (also they could turn the scrap metal frame into a Shape shifter so you can turn it into other shapes like Arrow slots) but hey thats my opinion :)   

 

 

 

edit: it seams that Madmole has been liking castles more! i mean @Laz Man and @Toban seem to help feed his hunger for mid evil buildings!  just me maybe?

 

 

Edit 2: Good to see you back @Orsey :)

I must admit, I do like the new shapes

15 hours ago, madmole said:

I added a new round arch shape today :)

EfLn0hmUwAA2qZl?format=jpg&name=large

I'm loving the new shapes. I can't wait to use them on my next castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmole said:

When I read thisI felt like I heard a drum roll while I'm waiting to see snowdog's response to your comment :)

Steal my thunder....

 

Thanks bro.....    /cry

 

:)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...