Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

18 minutes ago, enragedcamel said:

Maybe this is a bit premature but do we know what is in stock for A20?

Vehicle mods?

Bandits?

End-game boss?

Right now it's mainly quality of life changes and the items below:

1) Tier 0 pipe weapons for all ammo types to replace the Blunderbuss with a Pipe Shotgun, as well as a 9mm Pipe Pistal, 7.62 P:ipe Rifle and a Machine Gun. Also included in the tier 0 pipe weapons will hopefully be a tier 0 intellect weapon.

2) Unification of Traders to the new Game Stage loot system for both quests and inventory to ensure that they will always only provide slightly better then what is found in loot.

3) Random Generation going Gold status with fixes to roads and towns to reduce the distance for trader quests. As well as many other fixes to world generation to where in the future all they need to do is add more POIs.

4) Maybe the Junk Drone.

That is it so far as to what the devs said will be in A20 unless I missed something.

You guys crack me up.

Gimmie the junk drone!!!  Gimmie the junk drone!!!!  GIVE ME THE JUNK DRONE!!!!!!  NOW!!!!!

(early release of the junk drone ... in experimental version...)

WTF???  We hate the junk drone, you guys suck!!!

SMH.  

1 minute ago, Jost Amman said:

I hope they won't mess it up and give us the Junkie drone...

"Com'on man! Are you a Junkie??" 😂

I thought we already had junkies?  You can't convince me that the stripper and that one dude with the white face that jitters all the time aren't junkies....

On 8/9/2020 at 11:22 AM, Adam the Waster said:

also!

sense i am replaying again! my game looks better! even though it on low settings! i can see details instead of Play doe! 

thxs TFP :)

That was probably from the streaming bug reducing texture mipmaps one extra level, which is why streaming is off now when texture quality is not Full.

2 hours ago, faatal said:

I already fixed that message showing with the values in your picture.

It now does otherHeight <= -.001f. If you still are seeing it, then I need the new # it is showing.

I told the programmer who works on music what you noticed.

You can turn music off. I play almost all games with music off, so have not noticed it in 7dtd.

Thx! I did not come back to that POI yet so I can't confirm the otherHeight issue fix, But I will. Soon.

Regarding music :  Thx for the heads up, I would like to enjoy it someday. I mean I might not like Zack's COVID-19 haircut, but I DO enjoy his work editing and implementing those creepy tracks. 

After testing a bit:

Turning off the music helped. A LOT. So much that I might be somehow confusing b178 for a stable release  ,  a silent stable release that is.

There are still a few bumbs, but they are not "freezing" enough to get my attention for experimental. I will get to the bottom of them though. I need to test for a few more hours before reporting.

48 minutes ago, faatal said:

That was probably from the streaming bug reducing texture mipmaps one extra level, which is why streaming is off now when texture quality is not Full.

A bug that forcefully optimizes the game by lying about "looks" ? Lol. Sounds like a regular Saturday night to me.

5 hours ago, Roland said:

When Madmole played his strength build for the first time he didn’t like having to invest in a different attribute to raise cooking.... ;)

Every tree should have a special cooking recipe that gives boosts relative to that tree.  Can't get any more balanced than that.

11 hours ago, kuratowakiru said:

I loot this book poi like 3-4 times, nothing but paper. 12 x3, 36 loot chances and nothing but paper. IMO, that a bit off. 1/5 chance or something I'm fine with.  

I have more luck going to the large church or visit houses with the old bookshelf in it vs a poi that primary purpose is to... have book.

edit: and im at GS 154 too.

Haven't look at books and schematics, except for forge and workbench. They were changed to 20% chance. I left it there, as thought it was fine, was just curious. I did change egg chances in nest from 20% to 40%.

20 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

One thing i think would be neat is if we could program the drone to go mining, tell it to gather a certain resource and then when its inventory is full it returns to the bedroll, that would be useful, you could mine for coal and it could mine for nitrate, sure it would take some survival out of it but it would help, i could be out looting and it could be out gathering stone for me, should it get attacked you could have a pager on you, made of junk of course that would notify you of drone has taken critical damage, please retrieve and it gives you a set of coordinates, would be a stepping stone to npcs living in your base doing your farming and stuff should u be able to recruit npcs down the road

I would rather have the tamable wolf that was shown off a long time ago.

A second rate Dogmeat that could pack 30-40 lbs, and help you to fight sounds a lot more appealing to me than a drone.

1 hour ago, Danidas said:

Better yet what if the Junk Drone is...................................................junk.

What happened to the tamable wolf that was talked about in the past apparently?

I would take that over a drone any day.

5 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

A second rate Dogmeat that could pack 30-40 lbs, and help you to fight sounds a lot more appealing to me than a drone.

There is a reason Dogmeat was immortal in Fallout 4 as in Fallout 3 he was not and would always die leading to trauma. Which people complained about far more then any other companion and got so bad that they had to add a perk called Puppies! to the game in a expansion. Which would cause a new baby Dogmeat to spawn out side Vault 101 each time Dogmeat died.

Dogs = attachment

Robots = Death

2 hours ago, faatal said:

You can turn music off. I play almost all games with music off, so have not noticed it in 7dtd.

Actually I noticed in the console when you turn music off it still plays/rotates through the music selection manager, maybe tell him to disable it when music is off?

13 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

I definitely want the drone, but the wolf would be cool too. I haven't heard anything about it for ages; I have a vague recollection of someone saying it would take too much dev time they wanted to spend on other things. But I could be mistaken, and I take lengthy breaks from the game/forum from time to time, so I might have missed things.

I'm still holding out hope for more advanced crafting stations, like say industrial forges that can smelt more than 2 materials at a time. They would require electricity, etc. Don't know if TFP will find time for it, but here's hoping!

The drone would be really cool.

Man I hope the can fix the quest system. Atm 3 out of 5 quests (tier 5) are not worth the efford. Most of time I cannot find the last missing zombies. I mean you waste 2 and half day on the skyscrapere and have to quit the clear quest because hordnight is comming. Just a waste of time.

I hope they reduce the number of t5 quests to 2 per trader and add more t4-t1 quests. Better to drive 2km for a t4 and can get it done in a day.

4 minutes ago, Gr.o.m. said:

The drone would be really cool.

Man I hope the can fix the quest system. Atm 3 out of 5 quests (tier 5) are not worth the efford. Most of time I cannot find the last missing zombies. I mean you waste 2 and half day on the skyscrapere and have to quit the clear quest because hordnight is comming. Just a waste of time.

I hope they reduce the number of t5 quests to 2 per trader and add more t4-t1 quests. Better to drive 2km for a t4 and can get it done in a day.

You should set BM every 14 days then...

1 hour ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Every tree should have a special cooking recipe that gives boosts relative to that tree.  Can't get any more balanced than that.

IMO, there should just be a "Health and Wellness' tree with things like Master Chef, Cardio, Sexy T-Rex, Iron Gut, etc, etc, etc.  with those governed by any of the Specialized trees...so if you have say 5 points in Strength or Agility, etc...you can buy relevant perks in H&W up to Level 5.  

7 hours ago, smokingpaper said:

Why is master chef under strength and not under fortitude for example??
I don't get why you need to be strong to cook some food. 
Is this a popeye sailorman thingy?
image.png.e24288ede5ff0e5fb3469e951d874d44.png

Mining needs calories, sledgehammers need calories. Strength needs a way to recover HP.... fortitude doesn't use any calories and he heals instantly without bandages.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

When Madmole played his strength build for the first time he didn’t like having to invest in a different attribute to raise cooking.... ;)

Careful buddy my fridge throwing days are back.

3 hours ago, enragedcamel said:

Maybe this is a bit premature but do we know what is in stock for A20?

Vehicle mods?

Bandits?

End-game boss?

None of the above.

1 hour ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I'll just move cooking to whatever attribute I'm playing each month just to piss everyone off :)

1 hour ago, Demandred1957 said:

Take a close look at the pathing of any 4 legged animal in the game inside houses. We can't compete with dogmeat, they mocapped dogs and spent probably 2 million just developing animal turning / mocap. We can do a drone though.

So basically we don't want to ship something that looks like crap and will take 2 years dev time and still might not pass.

Archived