Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Just now, Pegasus said:

Okay I'm going to give a try on those settings, minus the permadeath and the blood moons.

Do you have air drops on?  Are you looting everything?  by that i mean trash containers, mailboxes, cars, etc?  or are you just looking in "high" loot areas?

Yeah, air drops every 3 days and marked on map. forgot about that bit of help... And yep, loot everything I come across like mailboxes etc. I just avoid the "high value" poi's like crack a book and shotgun messiah, even though they are just down the street from me.

2 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Yeah the robotic sledge seems pretty cool, I am going to test it out with a modification to my base to see if it can just melee them all safely from above heh. 

The same design lets me melee from the top of the base with a spear, which might make them seem more useful again IDK. 

I am not sure, I can almost always get a 1 shot kill with the blunderbuss on nomad. 

Are you zooming in to aim?  I never aim with it... I always hipfire and have very good results. 

sometimes zoom, sometimes no.. doesn't seem to make much diff in my game.

If I am close enough to touch them and zoom for the head shot then yeah, but not on Moe, or the bikers.. those are strictly 2 shots from a lvl 6 blunder always.

Moderators or ADmis start silencing or banning people.

It is becoming a toxic snowball that grows with each answer.

It is just a tip. I want the discussions of the stone shovel to come back (I was laughing at this haha) or when they added mods for the vehicles

Gracias / Thanks

16 minutes ago, rubens9311 said:

Moderators or ADmis start silencing or banning people.

It is becoming a toxic snowball that grows with each answer.

It is just a tip. I want the discussions of the stone shovel to come back (I was laughing at this haha) or when they added mods for the vehicles

Gracias / Thanks

lvl 6 stone shovel beats a lvl 1-2 iron shovel no prob..

I have a grave digger mod in my stone shovel, but will take it out and compare just to be sure.

but just straight pretty sure it beats a lvl 1 iron hands down.

And why would you want to silence people?

just because?

Nobody should ever silence someone because they have a dissenting opinion.

Just now, Demandred1957 said:

lvl 6 stone shovel beats a lvl 1-2 iron shovel no prob..

I have a grave digger mod in my stone shovel, but will take it out and compare just to be sure.

but just straight pretty sure it beats a lvl 1 iron hands down.

i actually waited till i found a level 5 iron shovel before i abandoned my lvl 6 stone shovel, the stamina trade off wasn't worth it, the mods made the stone shovel a god tier tool almost for digging loose dirt.

im going to do a test for fun, take a stone ax to break ore cause i got all the miner books now, and if im one shotting with a stone ax, my mining will become hilarious

im also marking on my map when stable hits all the working vending machines, since they still give food and taking a day to hit them all up for food after trader questing or treasure mapping lol

and i know the permadeath stuff, i was just thinking of one where you can continue, but at a severe disadvantage given day of death and your gameday doesnt reset

1 minute ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i actually waited till i found a level 5 iron shovel before i abandoned my lvl 6 stone shovel, the stamina trade off wasn't worth it, the mods made the stone shovel a god tier tool almost for digging loose dirt.

im going to do a test for fun, take a stone ax to break ore cause i got all the miner books now, and if im one shotting with a stone ax, my mining will become hilarious

im also marking on my map when stable hits all the working vending machines, since they still give food and taking a day to hit them all up for food after trader questing or treasure mapping lol

and i know the permadeath stuff, i was just thinking of one where you can continue, but at a severe disadvantage given day of death and your gameday doesnt reset

yeah, I tried the lvl 1 iron I found for a hot second... the stamina trade off and needing a repair kit didn't seem like a good trade to me either.

not to mention at GS lvl 30 I still find lvl 6 stone stuff which seems to out perform most iron tools with just a piece of stone to repair.

The balance just seems to have gone off the rails..

36 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, air drops every 3 days and marked on map. forgot about that bit of help... And yep, loot everything I come across like mailboxes etc. I just avoid the "high value" poi's like crack a book and shotgun messiah, even though they are just down the street from me.

Okay, you must have the worst RNG luck ever.  I haven't even completed day one, and I've only looted 2 small houses, but mostly trash piles and such on the way to the trader for the starter quests, and I already have all of this: (plus after taking that screen shot and walking back to base I also found the schem for shotgun turret and armor pockets.

Picture2.png

ya, even with level 2 sex rex iron doesn't feel worth it, even with coffee or mega crush, steel feels right for the stamina drain but iron i do agree feels harsh, with level 3 sex rex and the ergonomic grip makes a big difference.

Speaking of similarites or odd things needing balance, when i used the ratchet over the wrench i didnt notice any difference, maybe in damage but no real gains, the impact driver i noticed a world of difference for sure

Just now, Pegasus said:

Okay, you must have the worst RNG luck ever.  I haven't even completed day one, and I've only looted 2 small houses, but mostly trash piles and such on the way to the trader for the starter quests, and I already have all of this: (plus after taking that screen shot and walking back to base I also found the schem for shotgun turret and armor pockets.

Picture2.png

...yeah, game life follows my real life... "if not for bad luck, Wouldn't have no luck at all" credit Hee Haw..

2 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

ya, even with level 2 sex rex iron doesn't feel worth it, even with coffee or mega crush, steel feels right for the stamina drain but iron i do agree feels harsh, with level 3 sex rex and the ergonomic grip makes a big difference.

Speaking of similarites or odd things needing balance, when i used the ratchet over the wrench i didnt notice any difference, maybe in damage but no real gains, the impact driver i noticed a world of difference for sure

* sad noises* still havent found either of those things on day 16.. Still cherishing my lvl 2 wrench I found.. *sob*

7 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

...yeah, game life follows my real life... "if not for bad luck, Wouldn't have no luck at all" credit Hee Haw..

* sad noises* still havent found either of those things on day 16.. Still cherishing my lvl 2 wrench I found.. *sob*

LOL  maybe you should consider, since you're playing with so many other higher restrictions, upping the loot rate just a tad?  For your own sanity? Since apparently you are the subject of some weird gypsy curse preventing you from finding anything on your current settings? The game is supposed to be mostly fun with some frustration ... not mostly frustration with some fun.

Just a suggestion, not a commentary on your play style.  Apparently I haven't quite used up all of my helpful yet today.  You, of course, don't have to take the suggestion at all.

Just now, Pegasus said:

LOL  maybe you should consider, since you're playing with so many other higher restrictions, upping the loot rate just a tad?  For your own sanity? Since apparently you are the subject of some weird gypsy curse preventing you from finding anything on your current settings? The game is supposed to be mostly fun with some frustration ... not mostly frustration with some fun.

Just a suggestion, not a commentary on your play style.  Apparently I haven't quite used up all of my helpful yet today.  You, of course, don't have to take the suggestion at all.

man, you nailed it for how i feel.. Mostly frustration (with stupid OP everything) with some fun..

I kinda want to up my loot etc, but it just makes me feel so....dirty.

Loot respawn @ 15 days is about all I can stand right now.

I guess I need to stop watching and comparing my play to Glock9, since that pr$ck can survive anything with a sharp rock and a pointy stick..

Yeah I pretty much only use stone tools all game, sometimes as my main weapon lel. 

Although I usually use an iron or steel axe for melee now when I can, cause it is worth for combat. 

Basically everything I have been using can be seen in this screenshot.  Have not even found a tier 6 stone axe yet. 

251570_screenshots_20200806044304_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

man, you nailed it for how i feel.. Mostly frustration (with stupid OP everything) with some fun..

I kinda want to up my loot etc, but it just makes me feel so....dirty.

Loot respawn @ 15 days is about all I can stand right now.

I guess I need to stop watching and comparing my play to Glock9, since that pr$ck can survive anything with a sharp rock and a pointy stick..

I used to try to play like everyone else ... but it just frustrated me.  I play this game to have fun.  That's why I almost always play on a modded server ... I like to have the things that make my game easier for me (because I'm spastic and about as coordinated as a drunken one legged squirrel on roller skates in an earthquake) and don't worry about what other people are doing with their play styles.  

If it makes you happy, then do it.  Why torture yourself trying to do something just because someone else does it that way?  That's my favorite thing about this game ... the freedom to do pretty much anything you want (because, let's be honest ... it's certainly not the zombies.  They give me nightmares). If it's not available in the vanilla game, there's probably a mod out there for whatever it is. Heck, there's a mod out there that creates zombie pinup art (really kind of pretty and artsy).  There are so many creative and talented people making mods and additions to the game, there's really no reason to be frustrated by something like this.

You don't have to play your game the same way I do, or Glock9 (whoever that is ... for a long time I thought you were talking about the gun and i was picturing a base built like a handgun) plays or anyone else plays.  Play like YOU play ... whatever makes you happy.  

1 hour ago, Demandred1957 said:

32 zoms per blood moon horde

For someone complaining about TFP adding hardcore elements to the game you seem to have no problems sticking it to yourself. Default is 8 zombies at a time. Why not start there and work your way up?  You will still get the same number of overall zombies but they will trickle out more slowly. Of course if you enjoy using explosives then 32 at a time can be the more efficient way to work through the horde. 

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

For someone complaining about TFP adding hardcore elements to the game you seem to have no problems sticking it to yourself. Default is 8 zombies at a time. Why not start there and work your way up?  You will still get the same number of zombies it they will trickle out slower. Of course if you enjoy using explosives then 32 at a time can be the more efficient way to work through the horde. 

The last time I tried to use explosives I blew myself up.  The last time I went through horde night with someone else using explosives, they blew me up ... then they set me on fire.  

You guys have a mean streak is all I'm saying.

Well, that and I can't be trusted with explosives.  Or arrows.  Or sharp objects really.  I'm better off digging a mine ... I've never killed myself digging a mine.  Well ... actually there was that one time that we don't talk about ... ever.  

1 minute ago, Roland said:

For someone complaining about TFP adding hardcore elements to the game you seem to have no problems sticking it to yourself. Default is 8 zombies at a time. Why not start there and work your way up?  You will still get the same number of zombies it they will trickle out slower. Of course if you enjoy using explosives then 32 at a time can be the more efficient way to work through the horde. 

Mainly because i don't care about the blood moon horde... That is the least of my worries since i use a glock9 style base... The only time it's a issue is when i am up in the high hundreds days and i fall through a door/hole in the base right into the mob.

It's the rest of the time i have a issue with.

And the stupid op bears, mountain lions, and dire wolves..

6 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

I used to try to play like everyone else ... but it just frustrated me.  I play this game to have fun.  That's why I almost always play on a modded server ... I like to have the things that make my game easier for me (because I'm spastic and about as coordinated as a drunken one legged squirrel on roller skates in an earthquake) and don't worry about what other people are doing with their play styles.  

If it makes you happy, then do it.  Why torture yourself trying to do something just because someone else does it that way?  That's my favorite thing about this game ... the freedom to do pretty much anything you want (because, let's be honest ... it's certainly not the zombies.  They give me nightmares). If it's not available in the vanilla game, there's probably a mod out there for whatever it is. Heck, there's a mod out there that creates zombie pinup art (really kind of pretty and artsy).  There are so many creative and talented people making mods and additions to the game, there's really no reason to be frustrated by something like this.

You don't have to play your game the same way I do, or Glock9 (whoever that is ... for a long time I thought you were talking about the gun and i was picturing a base built like a handgun) plays or anyone else plays.  Play like YOU play ... whatever makes you happy.  

I would like to, but a lot of the mods just make me feel like I'm "cheating" (not to crap on others gameplay).

But then again, I just play on default, so toning things down via settings just doesn't sit right either.

I am not Rambo, or JoJo, but I don't want to have to turn things down from default (which is what anybody should be able to play on hence the name) to get a fun experience.

kinda conflicted I know, but that's just the way it is.

8 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

The last time I tried to use explosives I blew myself up.  The last time I went through horde night with someone else using explosives, they blew me up ... then they set me on fire.  

Yeah, F explosives, except for the frag grenade.. And even then I have almost killed myself with those on more than a few times.

26 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

(because I'm spastic and about as coordinated as a drunken one legged squirrel on roller skates in an earthquake)

22 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Well, that and I can't be trusted with explosives.  Or arrows.  Or sharp objects really.  I'm better off digging a mine ... I've never killed myself digging a mine.  Well ... actually there was that one time that we don't talk about ... ever.  

LMFAO :biggrin1:  Plz let us know if you ever write a book, I'll buy it!

54 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, F explosives, except for the frag grenade.. And even then I have almost killed myself with those on more than a few times.

At the risk of destroying my easy-peasy, "kill-em by the truckload", BN hoard tactics...

The pipe bomb is a cheap weapon.  A quick "Right-click-left-click" will drop a lite pipe bomb straight down on the zombies, make sure your out of the damage radius I guess, goes without saying.

That's why I keep it at 8 active zombies at a time, higher numbers are WAY too easy, as i built my base to compress them all in a small-ish area.

Damn I start to love junk sledges. Last horde night I made a little gatehouse, where I can shoot from the sides. The floor towards the garage door is electrified and right in front of the door I put the junk sledge. At the end of the night it got about 2-3 hits. Zombie runs in - gets electrified - headshoted. Those that make it get pushed back. If I get overwhelmed by numbers I toss grenade. Damn this is effective.

9 hours ago, Blake_ said:

You are serious. Then you realize that there is no way for RWG to go gold until EVERY single POI is implemented, as there's always elevation and placement problems due to POIs being varied and different in size. Just stating the obvious here, as per my title.

That's wrong instead of obvious.

Adding a new POI to random gen is 1 entry in the list of POI and it can be included on the next regen.

4 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

is anyone else's primitive bow broken? and by broken I mean invisible arrows when drawing? and when you hit your target the arrows float in the air and twitch.

i created a new map with harder settings for a challenge, your not the only one, invisible arrows, they still work but are invisible now

4 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

@madmole one question though, i remember back when we had placeable tnt, it was fun to use when knocking stuff down, i know we wont get tnt back, but alongside the timed charge are we able to have demo charges that can blow holes through walls?  it can use the same model as the timed charge just orange instead of yellow, or black even, could make for some fun times, just curious

You can mod that in if you want. A bigger timed charge with the explosive properties of dynamite.

It being sticky makes it better at destroying structures.

Or you use the dynamite that you already have.

Archived