Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Why should I have to downgrade past "default" to get a balanced play?

I have tried a play where I dumped points in LL.. didn't get anything except more empty tin cans.

If I have to change settings past "default" i'm out. shouldn't have to do that to make it playable.

Do you need a snickers?  I play default for the most part, i only alter it to have 90 min days, warrior diff and 16 zombies on horde day, i put 2 points into lucky looter after the tutorial and go on my way, i find a lot of stuff but i play with the default 100% loot, i don't have this much difficulty as you make it sound and my difficulty is above default, i find it to be fairly balanced for me, so i don't understand the salt your throwing

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

How about just make it more balanced with attaching all the hardcore stuff you guys want onto the slider?

Snarky is as snarky does.

I want the better graphics and newer stuff.

Don't want the unbalanced stuff that appeals to you guys with a ton of hours into it.

Then everybody's happy.

Or is that too much to ask for??

Okay, I don't know what hardcore stuff you seem to think that I'm asking for that could be adjusted by a slider, but whatever.

The devs have already said that some things will be added to the options and some will not.  There are mods for those.  

The game is still in alpha and is still undergoing changes.  

You may ask for whatever you wish.  You may also bash the devs and the game and the other players as much as you want, at least until you cross the line and get silenced or banned.

It's all a trade off ... with each new alpha version things change.  Some are later adjusted, some are not. 

You have three choices really:

1) You can play the previous version of the game that you say you loved and was the reason you purchased the game. This would, presumably, make you happy.

2) You can refuse to play the game until the game is no longer in Alpha. Then the game will be in its mostly final iteration and you won't have to cope with any more upsetting changes.  This may or may not make you happy.

3) You can continue to play the unstable branches of the game, provide feedback that may or may not be acknowledged, and learn to deal with the new version of the game which contains changes that can be perceived as both good and bad. This will likely continue to make you unhappy.

But, that's all the helpful I have in me for today ... so do what you wish, how you wish.  I hope you have good luck.

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

Okay, I don't know what hardcore stuff you seem to think that I'm asking for that could be adjusted by a slider, but whatever.

The devs have already said that some things will be added to the options and some will not.  There are mods for those.  

The game is still in alpha and is still undergoing changes.  

You may ask for whatever you wish.  You may also bash the devs and the game and the other players as much as you want, at least until you cross the line and get silenced or banned.

It's all a trade off ... with each new alpha version things change.  Some are later adjusted, some are not. 

You have three choices really:

1) You can play the previous version of the game that you say you loved and was the reason you purchased the game. This would, presumably, make you happy.

2) You can refuse to play the game until the game is no longer in Alpha. Then the game will be in its mostly final iteration and you won't have to cope with any more upsetting changes.  This may or may not make you happy.

3) You can continue to play the unstable branches of the game, provide feedback that may or may not be acknowledged, and learn to deal with the new version of the game which contains changes that can be perceived as both good and bad. This will likely continue to make you unhappy.

But, that's all the helpful I have in me for today ... so do what you wish, how you wish.  I hope you have good luck.

Don't bother, he has heard it already and just hasn't accepted it yet.  Dwelling and pacing in circles lol...

7 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

lol, thanks.. Demandred ftw!

I also have a >very< modest youtube channel under the same name where I play this game on permadeath if you are down.

Not you dear, that was a copy from falloutcloud's post.  I love the kitty.  Not that I dislike your avatar, it's very nice.  

90 min days...nice.

try lowering that to 60 first.

don't care about "difficulty" settings, since that just makes them more spongy as far as I can tell.

also tried getting LL to lvl 2 right off the bat, didn't get anything special at all..

It's kinda hard coded to suck now till you get to a higher stage.

I have video's up on my channel that shows what i am talking about.

Not you dear, that was a copy from falloutcloud's post.  I love the kitty.  Not that I dislike your avatar, it's very nice.  

lol, ok.

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

90 min days...nice.

don't care about "difficulty" settings, since that just makes them more spongy as far as I can tell.

also tried getting LL to lvl 2 right off the bat, didn't get anything special at all..

i have played on 60 min days, they simply felt to short to me and unenjoyable, so i upped it

warrior difficulty feels just right for me, they are not too spongy but not so weak

i loot, kill and mine a lot in my first week, even with a stone ax which is not that bad and actually frees up a slot on the belt

toilets are my best friend, plenty of water to purify and i usually walk away from a hotel/motel with a level 1 pistol

the blunderbuss is not that bad, ive fired it without waking up an entire poi and i usually only resort to it when i run out of stamina with my current melee attack option

I have my entire a19 run on youtube myself, and i loathe using the creative menu if i can help it, my progress was great with also looking too the traders for help

i just don't see why your so unhappy

1 minute ago, jenniann said:

Seems with the newer update arrows don't show at all when loaded in bows :(

my bow was fine, i was having issues with my crossbow being loaded yet not looking it, kinda funny looking with my exploding bolts

90 min days...nice.

Since I'm not digging into youtube files ... why don't you tell us what settings you are using that are giving you such trouble?

What map are you using? What difficulty settings? What loot settings?  Single player or mulitplayer?  

What is your strategy, what are you actually doing that is so untenable?

I've not had a lick of trouble finding schems and such right off the bat, nor progressing.  But I also play with mostly default settings and I'm not what you would call an aggressive player.  I tend to avoid fights in the beginning and only loot places I can get into and out of easily ... I don't feel the need to prove I'm a bada##.

What exactly is it that you're not finding that is making making it such a nightmare for you?

Just now, Phoenixshade35 said:

i have played on 60 min days, they simply felt to short to me and unenjoyable, so i upped it

warrior difficulty feels just right for me, they are not too spongy but not so weak

i loot, kill and mine a lot in my first week, even with a stone ax which is not that bad and actually frees up a slot on the belt

toilets are my best friend, plenty of water to purify and i usually walk away from a hotel/motel with a level 1 pistol

the blunderbuss is not that bad, ive fired it without waking up an entire poi and i usually only resort to it when i run out of stamina with my current melee attack option

I have my entire a19 run on youtube myself, and i loathe using the creative menu if i can help it, my progress was great with also looking too the traders for help

i just don't see why your so unhappy

Well, guess RNJesus hates me, cause I am playing on permadeath (my limit ya I know) just hit day 15<<< and have yet to find anything good.. I had to buy a lvl 1 pump shotty and ak both to have something decent to fight the horde with..

I got a toolbelt full of single shot blunderbi, but seeing how they are kinda useless beyond point blank range..

The leveled loot, and everything being stacked against me at all times thing is what got's me down.

Not to be down on your play, but having the time upped makes all the difference in the world.

And yeah, having 100's of murkey water is great and all..

Since I'm not digging into youtube files ... why don't you tell us what settings you are using that are giving you such trouble?

What map are you using? What difficulty settings? What loot settings?  Single player or mulitplayer?  

What is your strategy, what are you actually doing that is so untenable?

I've not had a lick of trouble finding schems and such right off the bat, nor progressing.  But I also play with mostly default settings and I'm not what you would call an aggressive player.  I tend to avoid fights in the beginning and only loot places I can get into and out of easily ... I don't feel the need to prove I'm a bada##.

What exactly is it that you're not finding that is making making it such a nightmare for you?

Default, pregen 01, 32 zoms per blood moon horde loot respawn @15 days.

My strategy is to use my brains to stay alive..

Don't know if it's a bug or not, but I burn through food like crazy just standing still..

like for real, watch it tick down every few seconds..

I loot some of the smaller poi's, since I have found out on a prev run how nerfed looting is.. but other than that, I just do new player stuff.

And yeah, I play super scaredy cat on top of that.,, I don't go into a fight unless I have a (small) chance of winning.

I literally don't find hardly anything except paper, and the few odd blueprints that won't help me NOW. Only one I know of is the pump shotty blueprint, which takes a bunch of forged steel and shotgun parts to make..smh

and single player.

10 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Ever try 10 minute days, longest nights, BM daily?
That's some funny (and fun) stuff right there.
The things you do to keep your health up is pretty insane.
You go on a buried treasure mission and a couple BMs could happen throughout it.

ugh no.. Although I fully support your option to do it..

Nothing about anything you said sounds even remotely fun to me.

18 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

I had to buy a lvl 1 pump shotty and ak both to have something decent to fight the horde with..

Fighting the horde is where the blunderbuss really shines though, as its reload does not really matter as much. 

On a 5 high base you can easily 1 shot most zombies with a blunderbuss headshot on nomad.  The range actually is not that bad. 

That being said I am on like day 19 now and I finally found a pump shotgun recipe... No good ones found yet.

I am also mostly invested in turrets, but the only one I have is a tier 1 I had to buy... still waiting to find a good one or the recipe so I can actually test them out lel. 

I am currently level 40 in that game.

1 minute ago, pregnable said:

Fighting the horde is where the blunderbuss really shines though, as its reload does not really matter as much. 

On a 5 high base you can easily 1 shot most zombies with a blunderbuss headshot on nomad.  The range actually is not that bad. 

That being said I am on like day 19 now and I finally found a pump shotgun recipe... No good ones found yet.

I am also mostly invested in turrets, but the only one I have is a tier 1 I had to buy... still waiting to find a good one or the recipe so I can actually test them out lel. 

i had fun with the robotic sledge, i posted a small snipit of it a few pages back, i think around 650 or later, i have a new love for it and when stable hits and im forced to restart, im so specing into it more than i have

Default, pregen 01, 32 zoms per blood moon horde loot respawn @15 days.

My strategy is to use my brains to stay alive..

Don't know if it's a bug or not, but I burn through food like crazy just standing still..

like for real, watch it tick down every few seconds..

I loot some of the smaller poi's, since I have found out on a prev run how nerfed looting is.. but other than that, I just do new player stuff.

And yeah, I play super scaredy cat on top of that.,, I don't go into a fight unless I have a (small) chance of winning.

I literally don't find hardly anything except paper, and the few odd blueprints that won't help me NOW. Only one I know of is the pump shotty blueprint, which takes a bunch of forged steel and shotgun parts to make..smh

and single player.

ugh no.. Although I fully support your option to do it..

Nothing about anything you said sounds even remotely fun to me.

What are your loot and experience percentages?

And you are not playing on anything approaching default settings.  32 zombies per blood moon stage is insane.

And yes, food does go down rapidly ... it's a good idea to invest a few points early on in iron gut ... just a couple help a lot.

Just now, pregnable said:

I havent posted it yet, but during my day 14 horde I am in a "glock9" style base which is 3? high, and I am blasting them with the good stuff and a lvl 6 blunderbuss. not getting hardly any one shot kills from it.

haven't put anything into turrets, since you can't just build them now..

Guess this play is cursed since I seem to be getting the short end of the stick all round.

What are your loot and experience percentages?

And you are not playing on anything approaching default settings.  32 zombies per blood moon stage is insane.

And yes, food does go down rapidly ... it's a good idea to invest a few points early on in iron gut ... just a couple help a lot.

loot and exp are default.

IDC about bloodmoon hordes. I have a glock9 style base, so they are just exp for me, unless I do something dumb like fall through a blasted hole or something.

I have at least 1 point if not two into iron gut..It just burns down..

The only thing I have helping me is loot at 15 days, although that is a moot point since I just hit day 15..

1 minute ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

One type of difficulty i would like is a hardcore mode, like the one ark has where when you die, your back to level 1, that could make for some interesting gameplay given you would still have your base but you wouldn't have the levels to back it up haha

Just delete your save when you die.

We call it "Permadeath".

Thanks to Glock9's stupid butt, that's the only way I can play these days, since coming "back to life" after you have been eaten seems so cheap and easy to me now.

6 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

I havent posted it yet, but during my day 14 horde I am in a "glock9" style base which is 3? high, and I am blasting them with the good stuff and a lvl 6 blunderbuss. not getting hardly any one shot kills from it.

Guess this play is cursed since I seem to be getting the short end of the stick all round.

loot and exp are default.

IDC about bloodmoon hordes. I have a glock9 style base, so they are just exp for me, unless I do something dumb like fall through a blasted hole or something.

I have at least 1 point if not two into iron gut..It just burns down..

The only thing I have helping me is loot at 15 days, although that is a moot point since I just hit day 15..

Okay I'm going to give a try on those settings, minus the permadeath and the blood moons.

Do you have air drops on?  Are you looting everything?  by that i mean trash containers, mailboxes, cars, etc?  or are you just looking in "high" loot areas?

21 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i had fun with the robotic sledge, i posted a small snipit of it a few pages back, i think around 650 or later, i have a new love for it and when stable hits and im forced to restart, im so specing into it more than i have

Yeah the robotic sledge seems pretty cool, I am going to test it out with a modification to my base to see if it can just melee them all safely from above heh. 

The same design lets me melee from the top of the base with a spear, which might make them seem more useful again IDK. 

18 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

I am not sure, I can almost always get a 1 shot kill with the blunderbuss on nomad. 

Are you zooming in to aim?  I never aim with it... I always hipfire and have very good results. 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived