madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

21 minutes ago, madmole said:

Can everyone take their toxic little arguments down about 300%. Thank you.

Laz and Toban carry on with nice creative works that inspire us to do something constructive in our personal apocalypses.

here enjoy this little Castle, Madmole. It has lots of decor :)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

No. You empower players to modify the game and that is exactly what the Fun Pimps do. Options are always limited but modding opens the door to so much more.

There is no official SDK yet but when it is available you can expect to see a lot more mods and much more content.

Then make a mod that takes nerd polling out of the vanilla game

This is what I'm talking about though, you make a valid opinion someone not a dev jumps out of the wood work "No, this"

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Yep.. im sure HE is good enough for a 2nd husband......

Bahahaha you made me choke on mi water 😮 I do like castle nerds 😛 The build dungeons.. the funnest room in the house 🤭

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Laynie said:

Toban shared it last week I think.  It is amazing and perfect for Navezgane lake. :)

• Like 1

the problem with taking out the nerd polling is that it might directly effect building, some people i have watched lay out the whole building they wanna build then upgrade, it would make it so u have to upgrade a block then jump on it to place the next set, nerd polling would remain just slightly more resources used, it would be a builders nightmare i think, then again i could be wrong given i dont know the difference of stacking blocks to build or jumping on blocks

Just now, Laz Man said:

Toban shared it last week I think.  It is amazing and perfect for Navezgane lake. :)

Thats right :) in the sharing creations bit... forgive me I cant remember the exact name of the page/thread/forum thing 😛 In that place there are so many great ideas being shared. And might I add, it has such a nice atmosphere. people sharing ideas, pictures and videos. So much sweeter than the toxic stuff that gets said here.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, madmole said:

Can everyone take their toxic little arguments down about 300%. Thank you.

Laz and Toban carry on with nice creative works that inspire us to do something constructive in our personal apocalypses.

Here is my latest castle I'm working on. I have built this with only blocks the player can make so I can make one similar when the game goes stable.  Still a work in progress, but I'm just trying things atm.

251570_screenshots_20200805184313_1.jpg

251570_screenshots_20200805184305_1.jpg

Edited by Toban
Adding (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

the problem with taking out the nerd polling is that it might directly effect building, some people i have watched lay out the whole building they wanna build then upgrade, it would make it so u have to upgrade a block then jump on it to place the next set, nerd polling would remain just slightly more resources used, it would be a builders nightmare i think, then again i could be wrong given i dont know the difference of stacking blocks to build or jumping on blocks

I did it on that base in my first videos. Again everyone thinks I'm trying to take something away from them. Options everyone, options.

In A16 I built a tower on top of the old shamway trying to reach the top of the map, no nerd polling or frames just wet concrete blocks. Just don't make a mistake and think a couple steps ahead, you know like you were actually building.

Edit: Actually the floor of each floor were iron bars, the point is they could not be picked up.

21 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

Good luck finding anything worth reading in your first week.. Loot lvls are so trash it's not even worth going looting/raiding except for basic supplies.

That's just simply untrue. Feel free to continue making stuff up tho.

2 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

That's just simply untrue. Feel free to continue making stuff up tho.

@JCrook1028 You are right. Me and hubby had loot on default just a couple of nights ago and started day one. I got bicycle frame and handle bar books in the starter house 😛 

19 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

As I posted earlier, I have every gun in the game untill A19, and know from real life experience exactly how much damage they do.

Yea, such a gun expert but know so little as to still call a magazine a clip... me calls foul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yea, such a gun expert but know so little as to still call a magazine a clip... me calls foul.

Perhaps he uses clips to hold up his pants while hunting grizzly bears with perfect headshots while using an AK47?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kattla said:

Bears? Nothing a wooden club and some cheesecake can't handle.

Video is not publicly listed for 1 simple reason. It was a terrible edit. I tried to shorten it by speeding it up, but then the audio went out of sync. I could reupload it, but nah.

Still shows what a wooden club can do though. And, i kinda hinted in A15 i would use a club vs bear in a later alpha too, so, now i've done that.

But at 0:54 if you hadn't cheated your HP up to 200 on D2 you would have been dead...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Toban said:

Here is my latest castle I'm working on. I have built this with only blocks the player can make so I can make one similar when the game goes stable.  Still a work in progress, but I'm just trying things atm.

251570_screenshots_20200805184313_1.jpg

251570_screenshots_20200805184305_1.jpg

Looks wonderful.  I like the main manor/house and the color contrast so far.  Looks like it would make for a decent player/horde base even :)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

But at 0:54 if you hadn't cheated your HP up to 200 on D2 you would have been dead...

That was at 0:34. Good catch anyway. And i run out of likes today, sorry.

Edited by Kattla (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

As far as I know, @Roland once created a modlet that disables nerpolishing.

at the beginning of this alpha exp when I was shut down I went to the mod board asking the same thing, and was told that same thing. He removed it from his mod, it is also not the vanilla game.

His mod along with 'E' pick up disable on frames was the basis for my suggestion on how to discourage nerd polling that MM shut down.

@RipClawdoes it work on the vanilla game though? Will it work on navezgane?

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Looks wonderful.  I like the main manor/house and the color contrast so far.  Looks like it would make for a decent player/horde base even :)

Yeah, I'm looking at a design for our main base. Trying out stuff to see what I like/dislike. This one should be good enough to live in ect. I always do day 7 in a tougher smaller building. I tried using a castle to do on night 7 years ago haha. It didn't go well lol.

53 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

@madmole how are the vehicle mods and legendary item discussions coming along? i know its early to ask but im curious how the talks are going

All that stuff has been designed for a while, but there is no way it is going on the roadmap for A20. All hands on deck for RWG getting hopefully a gold version for A20, some new special infected, and new art sums up A20 most likely. We'll reveal stuff as it gets done.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Laynie said:

I'm imagining the trail of bodies under the jetty from the workers who set the pilons while they drowned. (I've recovered a few supply drops from the bottom of that lake. It's damn deep.)

Beautifully done. :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

I'm imagining the trail of bodies under the jetty from the workers who set the pilons while they drowned. (I've recovered a few supply drops from the bottom of that lake. It's damn deep.)

Beautifully done. :D 

Yeah Mistress Tilly murdered everyone in that place including the poor unsuspecting Toban! 😛 @Toban built a good setting for a spot of summer time murdering hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pegasus said:

Although I do wish there was more of a visual difference between the dire wolf and the regular wolf ... now that the regular wolf is the same color and nearly the same size, it's led to some very unpleasant surprises.  Maybe make the dire wolf more on a size with the new bear size.

But the regular wolf is not nearly the same size. Lots of people are simply seeing regular wolves and calling them Dire wolves. Lots of people are wrong...

spacer.png

Edited by JCrook1028
Yea, the color IS too close now for sure (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, madmole said:

All that stuff has been designed for a while, but there is no way it is going on the roadmap for A20. All hands on deck for RWG getting hopefully a gold version for A20, some new special infected, and new art sums up A20 most likely. We'll reveal stuff as it gets done.

You are serious. Then you realize that there is no way for RWG to go gold until EVERY single POI is implemented, as there's always elevation and placement problems due to POIs being varied and different in size. Just stating the obvious here, as per my title. 

"Yes, roads might be able to go into a more manageable state so they can be easily tunned in the future, and prop terrain snapping/rotation can always improve ". That's certainly what you meant.

18 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

@RipClawdoes it work on the vanilla game though? Will it work on navezgane?

You should talk to @sphereii since he provide this collection of modlets.

Here is the thread in the forum to his collection:

• Like 1

@RipClaw I'll give it a try but I'm pretty sure the only ones that can make it happen are TFP, thanks.

• Poop 1