Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

You better be a hunter in real life because a quick google search says you will have a tough time with a bear. Literally the first thing looking up that gun and a bear is "An AK-47 chambered in 7.62 by 39 is ok for Bear defense but the only way you're going to be able to kill it or put it down quickly is putting multiple rounds through it." Man people literally like to complain about everything without looking things up and for some reason everyone joins in believing it without question. Anyway bears are tough, not every exact vital organ is going to be simulated in a game that isn't a bear hunting game either.  I don't think the realism argument works based on how strong real bears can be though.

People don't understand game design and balance. Bears are supposed to be a tough challenge to deal with, regardless of real life. It wouldn't be fun to just mow down bears left and right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BumbaCLot said:

I literally don't understand the clamor of permadeath people. Is it that hard to hit Exit Game after you die?

its the no going back, you can't die and then decide oh well I'm just going to keep playing. If you choose permadeath your in the hotseat, make it work or die and its over. Having the option actually in the game will bring more legitimacy to playthoughs, I'd like to see more things actually taken away by choosing this option like you can't turn on god mod, can't go into the item menu more things I can't think of right now, anything that forces you to play the game as it is. This is THE test, can you handle the simulation or only think you can. I've suggested a watermark or image to show game mod and difficulty whether the game has been modded but TFP are not interest in such things. Why? Read my post above along with all competitiveness is out the window in favor of promoting cooperative gameplay cause its what the default builders would want and its easier to do. 

If you don't play at a diff/speed/settings that challenges you you'll never never understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

@madmole  any chance we're going to get a stable release today so we can waste ... ummm ... productively spend the entire weekend playing like mad people?

 

Pretty please?

let them take their time, we're going to have to live with this for the next four months to a year and I for one would like to not have random lag spikes. How long have you been here? You should know the answer before you even asked the question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

You better be a hunter in real life because a quick google search says you will have a tough time with a bear. Literally the first thing looking up that gun and a bear is "An AK-47 chambered in 7.62 by 39 is ok for Bear defense but the only way you're going to be able to kill it or put it down quickly is putting multiple rounds through it." Man people literally like to complain about everything without looking things up and for some reason everyone joins in believing it without question. Anyway bears are tough, not every exact vital organ is going to be simulated in a game that isn't a bear hunting game either.  I don't think the realism argument works based on how strong real bears can be though.

Realism arguments doesn't work at all actually. And in the end, the game literally has RNG stats and levels for weapons, nothing in this game is realistic and it plays more like an rpg than anything else. People are blind if they don't see that. But honestly i really like reading these gun nutties boasting about the weapons n @%$*#! when in reality a videogame focused on realism would be boring as @%$*#!. What goes easy for you, goes easy for the NPCs aswell, otherwise you are unbalancing the situation by casually making it easier for you, defending the "hur dur realism". Want realism? I know american houses are made out of paper but try smashing through a concrete or brick house, try to gather materials and build a house from scratch yourself, try CRAFTING AMMO AND WEAPONS by yourself.

 

Realism works both ways, and for that reason, will never work in a videogame, unless it's a simulation solely focused on that. A good game is defined by good game design and balance decisions, not mimicking real life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

its the no going back, you can't die and then decide oh well I'm just going to keep playing. If you choose permadeath your in the hotseat, make it work or die and its over. Having the option actually in the game will bring more legitimacy to playthoughs, I'd like to see more things actually taken away by choosing this option like you can't turn on god mod, can't go into the item menu more things I can't think of right now, anything that forces you to play the game as it is. This is THE test, can you handle the simulation or only think you can. I've suggested a watermark or image to show game mod and difficulty whether the game has been modded but TFP are not interest in such things. Why? Read my post above along with all competitiveness is out the window in favor of promoting cooperative gameplay cause its what the default builders would want and its easier to do. 

If you don't play at a diff/speed/settings that challenges you you'll never never understand.

Bro you aren't getting more youtube subs than JaWoodle. It's ok, seriously..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jorbascrumps said:

Um, maybe just don't turn on god mod or enable the creative menu?

He literally thinks all his forum comments are going to amaze everyone and get them to watch his YT channel with 5 videos on it. Liz Labs has 50k views and isn't doing anything hard in this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RhinoW said:

No armor, night vision goggles, maxed out skills and prayers that the game doesn't provide a sleeper with 20 points into perception :)

Cloth is good! its quite, Light, and makes you look chunky!

 

could use a new look though! 

 

 

 

I don't like NVG mostly due to the tunnel vision, but i can uses them if i have too!

17 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

I wonder when junk drones will make it to a stable patch, they're the reason I want to try Int next.

its fun to do int! but it is lacking! mostly in the melee and ranged department.

 

Madmole said something about a pipe baton for A20 and i hope that will mean a tier 3 baton!

 

 

and for ranged weapons maybe a Air gun that shoots Junk ammo! and maybe you could make new junk ammo, Like Fire, Frag and Shock! (i may update my idea for Intellect weapons)

 

but in robots it nice! all we need is the Junk drone! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BumbaCLot said:

He literally thinks all his forum comments are going to amaze everyone and get them to watch his YT channel with 5 videos on it. Liz Labs has 50k views and isn't doing anything hard in this game.

If you enjoy watching that then power to you and good for her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I don't like NVG mostly due to the tunnel vision, but i can uses them if i have too!

its fun to do int! but it is lacking! mostly in the melee and ranged department.

 

 

Was thinking to start INT recently, melee is awesome, but ..just wonder what settings your INT is set on, you sound to have fun, so I wanna have some :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

If you enjoy watching that then power to you and good for her

Never said I did, but I don't think a watermark and calling content creators cheaters and cheeselords is really your best marketing, but hey I could be wrong. I don't think anyone that watches Twitch and reads your comments can't guess who you sub to and trash on here lol. Anyway, have fun when you get your permadeath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BumbaCLot said:

Never said I did, but I don't think a watermark and calling content creators cheaters and cheeselords is really your best marketing, but hey I could be wrong. I don't think anyone that watches Twitch and reads your comments can't guess who you sub to and trash on here lol. Anyway, have fun when you get your permadeath.

I don't think he's trying to insult content creators actually. He's mostly talking about having options to toggle on an off certain restrictions when creating the world so you don't have the "So i did a lil minin off camera".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until the game is 100% bug free where it comes to a legitimate player death, then people who want permadeath, now, are just a bit foggy in the head or just like being controversial.

 

I had a character that I logged of while he was on the side of a bolder and when I logged back on, it looked like he fell through the bolder and died.  Now if that is the ONLY case where you would die from a bug, then I would be OK with it. 

 

Of course, If you don't have the self control to delete the game on a valid player death, then that's on you, if your intent was dead-is-dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Just as an fyi: regular poles take 6x the damage from zombie attacks if they are placed horizontally.

Can anyone expand on this? Does that mean any partial block that you rotate out of its "simple" alignment gets a durability penalty?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now Int only has one melee weapon in the from of the Stun Baton that is tier 1 or 2 as it needs baton parts to make and forged iron. So your not going to get one for a few days in game or later since in my experience those don't appear until your game stage is over 20 or so. Other then the Stun Baton a Int player also has the Robotic Sledge and that is almost as rare or worse to get mattering on your luck. So Int is in real need of tier 0/1 options to tie them over until they can get their classes weapons.

 

Personally I would love a tier 0 upgraded torch weapon that is just a torch combined with a pipe via plant fiber or duct tape. Making a crude flaming pipe weapon that will be weaker then a wood club but can set zombies on fire. Now as for a tier 0 ranged weapon to me a dart gun makes sense that fires the iron darts used by the dart trap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

Right now Int only has one melee weapon in the from of the Stun Baton that is tier 1 or 2 as it needs baton parts to make and forged iron. So your not going to get one for a few days in game or later since in my experience those don't appear until your game stage is over 20 or so. Other then the Stun Baton a Int player also has the Robotic Sledge and that is almost as rare or worse to get mattering on your luck. So Int is in real need of tier 0/1 options to tie them over until they can get their classes weapons.

 

Personally I would love a tier 0 upgraded torch weapon that is just a torch combined with a pipe via plant fiber or duct tape. Making a crude flaming pipe weapon that will be weaker then a wood club but can set zombies on fire. Now as for a tier 0 ranged weapon to me a dart gun makes sense that fires the iron darts used by the dart trap.

The torch is your strongest early game weapon anyways =P and it doesn't have durability (like it once had).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Goncyn said:

Can anyone expand on this? Does that mean any partial block that you rotate out of its "simple" alignment gets a durability penalty?

Huh....I read that as the horizontal poles can absorb 6x the damage rather than get destroyed 6x more quickly. Either way it’s pretty crazy and should be addressed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

I don't think he's trying to insult content creators actually. He's mostly talking about having options to toggle on an off certain restrictions when creating the world so you don't have the "So i did a lil minin off camera".

Then obviously you have not read back through his previous posts.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Until the game is 100% bug free where it comes to a legitimate player death, then people who want permadeath, now, are just a bit foggy in the head or just like being controversial.

 

I had a character that I logged of while he was on the side of a bolder and when I logged back on, it looked like he fell through the bolder and died.  Now if that is the ONLY case where you would die from a bug, then I would be OK with it. 

 

Of course, If you don't have the self control to delete the game on a valid player death, then that's on you, if your intent was dead-is-dead.

not sure why you guys are trying to fight it, MM has already said it's happening cause it has value and minecraft even has the setting. If this just adult minecraft as it is described by many then why wouldn't it also have that option. I think adding game mods is an alpha thing, am I wrong?

Are you guys against the idea of horde arena too? Not sure if thats what its called but if you've been playing long enough and watch the dev videos you'll know what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Then obviously you have not read back through his previous posts.  

no he's right, its just your guys hostility towards the things I think are important in the game have created hostility towards what you think is important. I've also always wanted better things for 7 days. I didn't think we'd end up here and this would be the end product. The way I play which is my choice is the way I would have liked the game to be. More options isn't a bad thing, it adds to replay value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

I don't think he's trying to insult content creators actually. He's mostly talking about having options to toggle on an off certain restrictions when creating the world so you don't have the "So i did a lil minin off camera".

Bro watch his YT videos. 90% of the commentary is "I don't do X because it's cheap / cheese". It's so cringe. And the fact he subs to Jonah is just hilarious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BumbaCLot said:

Bro watch his YT videos. 90% of the commentary is "I don't do X because it's cheap / cheese". It's so cringe. And the fact he subs to Jonah is just hilarious.

If I don't say that I'd have people asking me well why didn't you do this, 'you know this is the meta why not do it.' If you don't like don't watch, your obviously happy with the way the game is so watch people who play the game the way it is.

I didn't name drop anyone.

What is wrong with giving people tips on how they can make their playthoughs more realistic? I'm telling them I how I do that and what I do to survive in the hardest of the hard and make it more immersive while playing permadeath. It's tips so I have to commentate, other playthoughs outside the tips ones will be just me playing how I play rinse and repeat. Honestly I'm waiting for alpha like everyone else right now so if I die who cares and because I'm upfront about it it just adds to my legitimacy. I give an edited and unedited cut as proof. I also just started doing videos 5 days ago so there is only so much time in the day to play edit publish so 5-6 vids isn't that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...