madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, beerfly said:

Are the recipes helping, they are describing pretty well what resources and items you need, and how to make stuff from them. I re-learn my brother now and make him use them. He is on the spot that no more needs my help and is doing great. 

Not really, these are questions like "where do I put the wood?" The streamer I was watching today tried to put raw iron into the output slot.

Sure it's pure noob stuff but so are most of the hints on the loading screen.

EDIT: It also seems like most new players can't grasp the concept. They're looking at the forge the same way they look at the workbench - you just need it to open up recipes. It doesn't occur to them that they have to smelt stuff *into* the forge.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

why u dont have changed the sound from the chainsaw and the earth driller? (b163/b177)

i mean the "normal sound" from the machines..a chainsaw shoud be sound like a chainsaw and a earth driller7anger shoud sound like a driller

now the driller makes ding ding ding in ervey block step counter

and the chainsaw sound like i cut plastik things

why uv changed this sounds??? its a bug or a feature??? can u pls explaine it to my brain in short words why this must sound now so terrible?

that woud me make happy..thx a lot

ps:the refuel sound is very nice detail..i love it

iv an extra question > why u make the distance sound from the turret from 100% sound in 4meter away to 25%....when im on the zombiebase i dont hear when its empty...50% woud be ok..but now it isnt loud enough to hear it. in 4meters

Edited by 7daysOfFun (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

why u dont have changed the sound from the chainsaw and the earth driller? (b163/b177)

i mean the "normal sound" from the machines..a chainsaw shoud be sound like a chainsaw and a earth driller7anger shoud sound like a driller

now the driller makes ding ding ding in ervey block step counter

and the chainsaw sound like i cut plastik things

why uv changed this sounds??? its a bug or a feature??? can u pls explaine it to my brain in short words why this must sound now so terrible?

that woud me make happy..thx a lot

ps:the refuel sound is very nice detail..i love it

iv an extra question > why u make the distance sound from the turret from 100% sound in 4meter away to 25%....when im on the zombiebase i dont hear when its empty...50% woud be ok..but now it isnt loud enough to hear it. in 4meters

It isn't a bug, TFP brought back the original sounds for the auger and the chainsaw. I find the sounds obnoxious anyway so I just turn the game volume down whenever I use them and I listen to music, or a video, or something of that nature.

Edit: It could be a bug, but I doubt that is the case.

what??? really??? i dont believe it....they cant make such a terrible sounding tool....PRODUCERS..i want to hear it from u...

dont joke on me....its real?? such a....omg..NO..i dont belive it..i must hear it from the masterchiefs :D

u cant tune a game to perfection with grafix and others...and then make on an ESSENTIAL tools that i MUST USE such a .....

Are crawlers supposed to do that? He got some air!
Its set to when it happens.

Spoiler

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

Are crawlers supposed to do that? He got some air!
Its set to when it happens.

Hide contents

I need some air after that one hahahahah

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

@madmole any posibility of Duke appear in the future versions of the game? I really like to see this guys and greet him with my Rocket Launcher...

I have that same thought every time I wake up naked in the middle of the road ... I really wanna give him my "regards".  With a stun baton set on "electrocute".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

I have that same thought every time I wake up naked in the middle of the road ... I really wanna give him my "regards".  With a stun baton set on "electrocute".

Reading that first part, started laughing, took a second to realize you meant the game start 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

I really want see him come to me and trying get more stuff...

"Hey Biscoitoso, I am back and I want more from you."

= Oh! Really? How about that rocket... "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM". Oh man sorry! I was thrilled.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

I really want see him come to me and trying get more stuff...

"Hey Biscoitoso, I am back and I want more from you."

= Oh! Really? How about that rocket... "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM". Oh man sorry! I was thrilled.

LOL  Is that a rocket in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Seriously though, it'd be awesome if somewhere in the backstory or whatever they're writing they added some campaign quests in there to eventually kill that bloated jerk ... maybe become the new ruler of the world.

Edited by Pegasus (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

From what I remember them saying. Eventually you’ll have the option to kill either the duke or Noah and join the other. Who knows tho. Maybe kill both and rein supreme. Just a hunch. 

44 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

@madmole any posibility of Duke appear in the future versions of the game? I really like to see this guy and greet him with my Rocket Launcher...

Absolutely.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, madmole said:

Marksman will be redone from scratch.

Nice its gonna look great! keep up the good work

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Absolutely.

man i want to join him! Where Native american Style Armor! beat zombies! And Eat the hearts of Whiteriver Troopers....... ok maybe not the last one but. It will be fun ether way :) 

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Yeah it really is. While it could use something else yet, I don't think it is a waste. There is always grandpas forgettin' elixer too. My plan is to improve it to be something a little better, same with vehicles since all they do is unlock a craft.

its in the strength tree now, so i was thinking it could interact with heavy armor, like reducing the movement penalty of heavy armor.

That way it could have good end game use. Alternatively i though you could remove the movement penalty on armor and just make it add 1 to encumbrance, that way a few points in pack mule will still be useful late game even if you have triple storage mods for every armor piece, and heavy armor users wouldnt be slower when unencumbered, but would encumber sooner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Not really, these are questions like "where do I put the wood?" The streamer I was watching today tried to put raw iron into the output slot.

Sure it's pure noob stuff but so are most of the hints on the loading screen.

EDIT: It also seems like most new players can't grasp the concept. They're looking at the forge the same way they look at the workbench - you just need it to open up recipes. It doesn't occur to them that they have to smelt stuff *into* the forge.

There was a talk I remember, that there might be some changes in workbench and forge UI. Would be good to have them in hints, since they are used constantly. 

Had a friend having such a questions even on the older UI layout of the forge, around A10, it took a bit more time to learn, but the recent one came up :)

10 hours ago, madmole said:

Use the store similar button and make sure there isn't 7.62 in that box.

Because kitchen sink features aren't a good thing.

I don't know how you store your supplies madmole but I keep all my ammo in one crate so store similar will also put the 7.62 in there while dumping 9mm, 44 mag, shotgun etc..... in goes the 7.62 also.  Same thing would happen for other items I consider essential traveling gear.   But it's all good as I just modded it as you like to say ;) Works perfect now and I appreciate the effort.  BTW optimizations were top notch this patch for me.  Great work fatal!

An undead dog in a tier 1 gas station quest. Day 2 my game stage is 6, I can't even loot guns yet or have the money to buy a pistol unless I'm lucky enough to find a quality 1 in the trader. I mean its me so I managed obviously but....... really?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

An undead dog in a tier 1 gas station quest. Day 2 my game stage is 6, I can't even loot guns yet or have the money to buy a pistol unless I'm lucky enough to find a quality 1 in the trader. I mean its me so I managed obviously but....... really?

Some POI's have a zombie dog hard coded in a specific spot.

So, when exploring a new POI during the first week, you should have as many Blunderbuss's on your belt as you can.  Six is not bad. 

Edit: But three should take care of most problems.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Some POI's have a zombie dog hard coded in a specific spot.

So, when exploring a new POI during the first week, you should have as many Blunderbuss's on your belt as you can.  Six is not bad. 

Edit: But three should take care of most problems.

on insane nightmare that sound will create a snowball effect. Also I'm an agility build, are you telling me I have to carry a belt full blunderbuss on a stealth build because poi's are coded with undead dogs. Tier 1 poi's. That sounds right to you? Not to mention the blunderbuss is pretty much useless if your not perked into it, mite be able to hit the broad side of a barn if I'm standing right infront of it, probably not though.

Edit: Also doesn't fit with what I heard @madmolesay about when dogs are introduced. They are introduced when you can get guns, there shouldn't be an exception to the rule. I could go find the dev video for the quote if need be.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

If nightmare insane is too much for you then turn it down. An undead dog at regular speed in a POI on Day one is easy on Scavenger and Adventurer, medium on Nomad and Warrior and tough on Insane. Add in nightmare and that increases the difficulty. It’s what you chose. Don’t go “Day One? Really??” like you expect them to remove the dog. Lower your settings if you can’t handle it. 

Of course, if YOU can’t handle it then it must really be impossible, riiiight? 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Roland said:

If nightmare insane is too much for you then turn it down. An undead dog at regular speed in a POI on Day one is easy on Scavenger and Adventurer, medium on Nomad and Warrior and tough on Insane. Add in nightmare and that increases the difficulty. It’s what you chose. Don’t go “Day One? Really??” like you expect them to remove the dog. Lower your settings if you can’t handle it. 

Of course, if YOU can’t handle it then it must really be impossible, riiiight? 🙄

I just said I did handle it didn't I? I had to tear open the roof to even the odds after I spotted him but this is all beside the point! Should I find the quote?

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

Do you guys just poke fun to avoid balancing your sandbox?