Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 hours ago, madmole said:

No way, minecraft has what, 10? I need every slot as is on my belt for efficient harvest. melee weapon, ranged weapon, axe, pickaxe, healing item, shovel, wrench, knife. I'm forgetting something but I need it :)

gear up for the task hand! it's fine though, I thought this was an idea you were pushing a couple alphas ago. Or maybe it was no backpack and having to depend on the tool belt itself and start the game having to do small specific tasks to start.

25 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Their are several other people on Steam that are having the same issue with "R" when trying to Loot All .. So something has happened to cause this ... Tried on Old and New Game .. same issue.

I did validate files .. 1 was missing per Steam .. it reacquired it .. BUT Still having the issue.

Everything else is working Fine .. except Loot all 

You should revisit your bug report. You didn't include any of the information TFP needs to troubleshoot your problem. There are instructions on what information to include in the pinned post in the Bug Pool subforum.

24 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

You should revisit your bug report. You didn't include any of the information TFP needs to troubleshoot your problem. There are instructions on what information to include in the pinned post in the Bug Pool subforum.

I just Update the info, I missed that part before. Thank you

5 hours ago, madmole said:

No but that modded UI looks really good and he just threw away regard for 4x3 and allows a boatload of space. We were thinking of hiring him if possible.

No way, minecraft has what, 10? I need every slot as is on my belt for efficient harvest. melee weapon, ranged weapon, axe, pickaxe, healing item, shovel, wrench, knife. I'm forgetting something but I need it :)

I remember when 7 Days had 10 slots. I really miss those two slots.

2 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

723316596_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_08.05-13_10_26.99(2).thumb.png.20535c0875ddcf5ae16a22589969cac9.png

This is the error message, every time I hit "R to loot) .. and have no mods on this game ... yet. Hope this helps.  

And this is on a New Game w b177. using in-game .. RandomGen map maker.

Edit .. Copied from my post on Steam .. 

Both on Old and New Game .. Just Re-Validated .. Steam said 1 missing and reacquired it.

Will go back into game See if it still does it.

EDIT .. STILL DOING IT .. everything else is working fine .. Just when I try to loot with "R" to Loot All.

As much as a pia it is, I personally would do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game rather than simply updating. Sometimes files aren’t updated/replaced during a simple update process. It used to be a fast thing to uninstall/reinstall when the game was small but now that it’s a few gigs, it takes me about 40 minutes or so. Just my 2 cents....

Edit:  if your game is single player, backup your save. After reinstalling the game, if you still have the issue with your save then you’ll need to start a new seed.

Anmerkung_2020-08-05_222339.thumb.png.f845309b3e1f0e7b369891a55329572e.png

Was on my way to a trader in the snowy biome when I have passed a Lumberjack zombie and thought it was a good idea to get off my motorbike and take him out for some XP. A few seconds later I have nearly died, got two criticals and an infection. No idea where those two mountain lions and that wolf came from so fast...

Damn that was intense! Absolutely love the snowy biome. Next savegame my base will be built there. Always good for some action.

@madmole

Order of the three new icons is not consistent (at least motorbike storage container has its own order) what leads to a lot of misclicks. See screenshot.

InkedAnmerkung_2020-08-05_222413_LI.jpg

6 hours ago, madmole said:

Is it? How much time do you waste moving slow with full inventory? I remove my armor to run efficiently and without pack mule that gets even harder. When I get to my POI in 2 minutes and everyone else takes 10 (the ones who think 1.5 kmis too far to walk) and can turn in more quests early game I think it kind of pays off, at a minimum I get 1-2 ranks. Don't forget you can use other mods in your armor too then.

Just like Hated always gets better barter and daring adventurer. I don't because eventually I'll have tons of dukes and find everything I need. He however has a motorcycle by day 3 because he makes so damn much money, and endless brass for making bullets which speeds up his poi clearing process because he can use guns non stop. I don't play that way, but is it a noob trap? He levels super fast too, faster than me I believe and I smoke everyone else on the team by a large margin in terms of fast leveling.

It is a time management game, and while you are certainly entitled to feel like some perks are noob traps, and I agree to some extent, there are other variables to think about that can make these perks quite nice. Just like cooking, sometimes it just feels amazing blowing perks on that crap early game and having unlimited high quality calories (stamina) for early game mining. Instead of suffering digging I enjoy it. Same with vehicle perks, when RNG screws you buying those perks feels awesome.

Anyhow telemetry will tell us a lot soon enough.

Okay, perhaps I was a bit harsh on the old Pack Mule. I can certainly see its uses, from early game to late game. Doesn't mean I'll ever invest into it, but after second thoughts, it isn't really a "noob trap"; other than saving mod slots in your armor later on, I'll rephrase it is, "If you can leave drop chests, "deal" until you get a vehicle, then you're patience will pay off and you could spend the point that would have gone into Pack Mule into other areas". It's all about options. :)

36 minutes ago, Star69 said:

As much as a pia it is, I personally would do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game rather than simply updating. Sometimes files aren’t updated/replaced during a simple update process. It used to be a fast thing to uninstall/reinstall when the game was small but now that it’s a few gigs, it takes me about 40 minutes or so. Just my 2 cents....

Edit:  if your game is single player, backup your save. After reinstalling the game, if you still have the issue with your save then you’ll need to start a new seed.

IT is working at the moment .. not sure while it stopped before .. Just another day on the wonderful World of OZ ..

17 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Okay, perhaps I was a bit harsh on the old Pack Mule. I can certainly see its uses, from early game to late game. Doesn't mean I'll ever invest into it, but after second thoughts, it isn't really a "noob trap"; other than saving mod slots in your armor later on, I'll rephrase it is, "If you can leave drop chests, "deal" until you get a vehicle, then you're patience will pay off and you could spend the point that would have gone into Pack Mule into other areas". It's all about options. :)

Yeah it really is. While it could use something else yet, I don't think it is a waste. There is always grandpas forgettin' elixer too. My plan is to improve it to be something a little better, same with vehicles since all they do is unlock a craft.

3 hours ago, Jugom said:

is not about collecting my essentials but about dropping my extras after a day outside.
say I usually carry 7.62 ammo and veggie stews. but after a day out I come back with also 9mm ammo, shotgun, some cans, drinks... If I can lock slots, I can drop my extra ammo in one click. if I cannot, I have to manually drop the extras or drop all the ammo and the manually pick up my stack of 7.62. same for the other items in separated boxes... which kind of defeats the purpose.

Yes, and the idea is exactly for this use case. You would have a ammo box in your base with 9mm ammo, shotgun ammo, .44 ammo... . And a separate "essentials" box with 7.62 ammo and some other essential things you always carry with you.

If you come back home you dump into the ammo box and some other boxes. But you NEVER EVER use this one click dump with the essentials box.

7 hours ago, beerfly said:

Are the recipes helping, they are describing pretty well what resources and items you need, and how to make stuff from them. I re-learn my brother now and make him use them. He is on the spot that no more needs my help and is doing great. 

Not really, these are questions like "where do I put the wood?" The streamer I was watching today tried to put raw iron into the output slot.

Sure it's pure noob stuff but so are most of the hints on the loading screen.

EDIT: It also seems like most new players can't grasp the concept. They're looking at the forge the same way they look at the workbench - you just need it to open up recipes. It doesn't occur to them that they have to smelt stuff *into* the forge.

why u dont have changed the sound from the chainsaw and the earth driller? (b163/b177)

i mean the "normal sound" from the machines..a chainsaw shoud be sound like a chainsaw and a earth driller7anger shoud sound like a driller

now the driller makes ding ding ding in ervey block step counter

and the chainsaw sound like i cut plastik things

why uv changed this sounds??? its a bug or a feature??? can u pls explaine it to my brain in short words why this must sound now so terrible?

that woud me make happy..thx a lot

ps:the refuel sound is very nice detail..i love it

iv an extra question > why u make the distance sound from the turret from 100% sound in 4meter away to 25%....when im on the zombiebase i dont hear when its empty...50% woud be ok..but now it isnt loud enough to hear it. in 4meters

7 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

why u dont have changed the sound from the chainsaw and the earth driller? (b163/b177)

i mean the "normal sound" from the machines..a chainsaw shoud be sound like a chainsaw and a earth driller7anger shoud sound like a driller

now the driller makes ding ding ding in ervey block step counter

and the chainsaw sound like i cut plastik things

why uv changed this sounds??? its a bug or a feature??? can u pls explaine it to my brain in short words why this must sound now so terrible?

that woud me make happy..thx a lot

ps:the refuel sound is very nice detail..i love it

iv an extra question > why u make the distance sound from the turret from 100% sound in 4meter away to 25%....when im on the zombiebase i dont hear when its empty...50% woud be ok..but now it isnt loud enough to hear it. in 4meters

It isn't a bug, TFP brought back the original sounds for the auger and the chainsaw. I find the sounds obnoxious anyway so I just turn the game volume down whenever I use them and I listen to music, or a video, or something of that nature.

Edit: It could be a bug, but I doubt that is the case.

what??? really??? i dont believe it....they cant make such a terrible sounding tool....PRODUCERS..i want to hear it from u...

dont joke on me....its real?? such a....omg..NO..i dont belive it..i must hear it from the masterchiefs :D

u cant tune a game to perfection with grafix and others...and then make on an ESSENTIAL tools that i MUST USE such a .....

4 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

@madmole any posibility of Duke appear in the future versions of the game? I really like to see this guys and greet him with my Rocket Launcher...

I have that same thought every time I wake up naked in the middle of the road ... I really wanna give him my "regards".  With a stun baton set on "electrocute".

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

I have that same thought every time I wake up naked in the middle of the road ... I really wanna give him my "regards".  With a stun baton set on "electrocute".

Reading that first part, started laughing, took a second to realize you meant the game start 🤣

1 minute ago, Pegasus said:

I really want see him come to me and trying get more stuff...

"Hey Biscoitoso, I am back and I want more from you."

= Oh! Really? How about that rocket... "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM". Oh man sorry! I was thrilled.

3 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

I really want see him come to me and trying get more stuff...

"Hey Biscoitoso, I am back and I want more from you."

= Oh! Really? How about that rocket... "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM". Oh man sorry! I was thrilled.

LOL  Is that a rocket in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Seriously though, it'd be awesome if somewhere in the backstory or whatever they're writing they added some campaign quests in there to eventually kill that bloated jerk ... maybe become the new ruler of the world.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived