Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Nope. If anything this virus has taught me is that people are stupid AF and run around with no mask or regard for it. They would be killed by zombies for sure, the remaining would pvp kill each other or run out of ammo killing each other, then die from zombies. Then the proper survivors who were able to show restraint during covid would be all that remains, and they would certainly be playing coop because they were smart and realize working together with smart people is the only way to succeed, just like in business.

yes thats true, but they also team up against others... Thats why I think the best pvp would be Team pvp, red against blue the Duke against the other guy... stuff like that ^^

5 hours ago, BobbyLee298 said:

@madmole when the finishing touches come to weapons could the Marksman Rifle get some better iron sights instead of the 3 little triangle points?

Marksman will be redone from scratch.

We have a dedicated strike team focusing on iron sights and reflex sights currently.

1 hour ago, Onarr said:

Good work on Bears. Those things are force to be reckoned with - fast, tanky and deadly. The other day I encountered one on day 13. I had a hunting rifle and double barrel shotgun and was feeling confident I can take it.  I scored one sneak headshot from afar and managed to pull of 2 more before it cought up with me. I switched to shotty and emptied both chambers. Bear is alive. @%$*#!. At that point I have like 50HP, so I start running. Oh good I can still outrun him. I took a breather poped painkillers and reloaded my weapons. Hunting rifle, shotgun...Bear is still alive?! I completely panicked as I was mauled to death and quickly tried to switch to melee to at least die swinging. I missclicked and equiped timed charge. Suddenly the bear has C4 atached to his head and is beeping. He looks as suprised as me. Second later he does not look anything as his head is blown off. Oh ok, there is another bear over yonder....I wonder.  Yep, it is confirmed, timed charges bear hunting is a thing. Now I combine it with my stun baton for maximal safety.

LOL LMAO.

We could include a few more bundle recipes like the bullets (but not the bullets). You are good at packing stuff.

Oooooo. I hope this makes it in. :D

37 minutes ago, SittingDuck said:

yes thats true, but they also team up against others... Thats why I think the best pvp would be Team pvp, red against blue the Duke against the other guy... stuff like that ^^

Sounds like the outline for a Mad Max style RP server.

Nope. If anything this virus has taught me is that people are stupid AF and run around with no mask or regard for it!

mean while i wear this!

Spoiler

with a extra mask inside!

Amazon.com: Townshine Plague Doctor Bird Mask Latex Long Nose Beak ...

1 hour ago, rubens9311 said:

What will happen if we do not have stable soon ... within video. HAHA

look like Madmole and his team when they Update something and something else broke lol

I'm currently on day 65 and I'm just doing an all round character which has like 5, 6 or 7 points into each attribute which I haven't ever actually tried before and well it feels great with all the different weapons and approaches I can take 

sidenote: the stun baton does feel better now it has the repulsor mod but i feel like it should have its damage increased by a small fraction just to put the cherry on top because all the other weapons seem to out perform the baton by quite a bit 

bug report for the stun baton: when zombies die to the schocking damage from the 3 zombies i let die to it didn't give me any xp is this intended?

same goes for letting zombies die by fire from your weapons but 75% of the time it gives you the xp 

2 hours ago, madmole said:

No but that modded UI looks really good and he just threw away regard for 4x3 and allows a boatload of space. We were thinking of hiring him if possible.

No way, minecraft has what, 10? I need every slot as is on my belt for efficient harvest. melee weapon, ranged weapon, axe, pickaxe, healing item, shovel, wrench, knife. I'm forgetting something but I need it :)

I agree, if anything we need more slots on the belt.

MM, what about being able to unlock more slots on the toolbelt with a perk? Maybe incorporating this into the Pack Mule somehow? I would put points into that for sure.

15 hours ago, Exxodous said:

In regards to the back pack sort buttons.  Is there any way to lock spaces not to be moved?   Speaking for myself, I typically keep ammo for instance in my pack and don't want to unload my 7.62 for instance just because I'm unloading all the other ammo I collected while looting.  If there isn't it's kinda a pain to use if I just have to put back the items I want to carry.  I'm afraid to use the mod I've been using for years that has this option as it may muck things up now that you've added some of the options it has.

I was thinking the same. without being able to lock slots, I'm afraid to use it.... probably will go out without one of my essentials sooner than later.

3 minutes ago, Jugom said:

I was thinking the same. without being able to lock slots, I'm afraid to use it.... probably will go out without one of my essentials sooner than later.

Have a separate box where you only collect your essentials and don't put any of that stuff into the general boxes. A bit more management but might work.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Interesting idea about the trader. Would be a nice way to give a hint about removing the two lower rungs of ladders.

But adding horde bases, even failed ones, is a bad idea. You practically invite players to take over those bases that just need a little repair and be finished for the first horde nights without any creative contribution.

Yeah, wouldn't want to provide something where a handful of cobble fixed it right up. And trying to show a larger base where 30 townsfolk huddled would be tricky.. but I think it might be possible to show a small one, maybe...

Here's a small 'tower' base I threw together, trying to show the basic idea of it, but also that it failed, and hopefully an indication of why it did.

(forgive the fugly, I'm no artist)

A19.0_2020-08-05_10-25-25.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-05_10-20-21.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-05_10-20-42.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-05_10-22-34.jpg

723316596_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_08.05-13_10_26.99(2).thumb.png.20535c0875ddcf5ae16a22589969cac9.png

This is the error message, every time I hit "R to loot) .. and have no mods on this game ... yet. Hope this helps.  

And this is on a New Game w b177. using in-game .. RandomGen map maker.

Edit .. Copied from my post on Steam .. 

Both on Old and New Game .. Just Re-Validated .. Steam said 1 missing and reacquired it.

Will go back into game See if it still does it.

EDIT .. STILL DOING IT .. everything else is working fine .. Just when I try to loot with "R" to Loot All.

5 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

723316596_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_08.05-13_10_26.99(2).thumb.png.20535c0875ddcf5ae16a22589969cac9.png

This is the error message, every time I hit "R to loot) .. and have no mods on this game ... yet. Hope this helps.  

And this is on a New Game w b177. using in-game .. RandomGen map maker.

Have you tried verifying File integrity?

1 hour ago, LeonProfessional said:

I agree, if anything we need more slots on the belt.

MM, what about being able to unlock more slots on the toolbelt with a perk? Maybe incorporating this into the Pack Mule somehow? I would put points into that for sure.

Probably not good for the HUD design.

48 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Have a separate box where you only collect your essentials and don't put any of that stuff into the general boxes. A bit more management but might work.

is not about collecting my essentials but about dropping my extras after a day outside.
say I usually carry 7.62 ammo and veggie stews. but after a day out I come back with also 9mm ammo, shotgun, some cans, drinks... If I can lock slots, I can drop my extra ammo in one click. if I cannot, I have to manually drop the extras or drop all the ammo and the manually pick up my stack of 7.62. same for the other items in separated boxes... which kind of defeats the purpose.

3 minutes ago, Jugom said:

is not about collecting my essentials but about dropping my extras after a day outside.
say I usually carry 7.62 ammo and veggie stews. but after a day out I come back with also 9mm ammo, shotgun, some cans, drinks... If I can lock slots, I can drop my extra ammo in one click. if I cannot, I have to manually drop the extras or drop all the ammo and the manually pick up my stack of 7.62. same for the other items in separated boxes... which kind of defeats the purpose.

I think locking slots is essential for inventory management. I don't know if anyone has played Terraria before but you can lock\favorite any slots in your backpack which is an awesome feature for when you need to quick stack items leaving those slots untouched. Maybe a lock button at the top? Select your slot and hit the lock icon, not sure how easy that would be to code into the system because I'm no programmer.

Walked out the door of our base house at dawn for the first time since upgrading to the latest version w/out wiping, hear a roar after descending the steps and turn to see a bear had spawned in directly behind me, emptied a full clip of AK47 (lvl 1, no skill points invested, had bought at a trader for 400 Dukes) with probably 2/3rds being headshots, before having to flee across half the town on a bicycle. Bear got caught up on the fence of the small junkyard POI, managed to finish him off with about another dozen bullets. 

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Use the store similar button and make sure there isn't 7.62 in that box.

Because kitchen sink features aren't a good thing.

Well see what the telemetrics say about that lol.  My guess is that everyone who knows the option to add the lockable slots back in will do so.

4 hours ago, Onarr said:

Good work on Bears. Those things are force to be reckoned with - fast, tanky and deadly. The other day I encountered one on day 13. I had a hunting rifle and double barrel shotgun and was feeling confident I can take it.  I scored one sneak headshot from afar and managed to pull of 2 more before it cought up with me. I switched to shotty and emptied both chambers. Bear is alive. @%$*#!. At that point I have like 50HP, so I start running. Oh good I can still outrun him. I took a breather poped painkillers and reloaded my weapons. Hunting rifle, shotgun...Bear is still alive?! I completely panicked as I was mauled to death and quickly tried to switch to melee to at least die swinging. I missclicked and equiped timed charge. Suddenly the bear has C4 atached to his head and is beeping. He looks as suprised as me. Second later he does not look anything as his head is blown off. Oh ok, there is another bear over yonder....I wonder.  Yep, it is confirmed, timed charges bear hunting is a thing. Now I combine it with my stun baton for maximal safety.

I just use a dozen wooden frames and a bow, but this sounds more fun.

Bears seem to be pretty bad at attacking frames for some reason, they get like one attack in every 20 seconds and are just flipping out and spinning the rest of the time.

Their are several other people on Steam that are having the same issue with "R" when trying to Loot All .. So something has happened to cause this ... Tried on Old and New Game .. same issue.

I did validate files .. 1 was missing per Steam .. it reacquired it .. BUT Still having the issue.

Everything else is working Fine .. except Loot all 

2 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Their are several other people on Steam that are having the same issue with "R" when trying to Loot All .. So something has happened to cause this ... Tried on Old and New Game .. same issue.

I did validate files .. 1 was missing per Steam .. it reacquired it .. BUT Still having the issue.

Maybe try re-binding the key? Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Submit a bug report at the link below with your outputlog and all other requested info.  Fastest way to get you help.

https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived