madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Just now, STyK_ said:

Why make mods for it? Same answer, more realism and immersion for those of us who want the challenge. I've talked to with other players and its the 'fear' this game can put into you that really makes it great, especially when you add permadeath to it and everything is on the line. Nerd polling takes away the fear.

Meh. I play permadeath myself. Nerd poling is just a handy way to get around sometimes imo. And just because you like the fear aspect, maybe other people don't. see no need to add more stuff to a engine that struggles at times already. Again, if you want the fear factor and think nerd poling takes away from that, there is nobody forcing you to do it.

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

Meh. I play permadeath myself. Nerd poling is just a handy way to get around sometimes imo. And just because you like the fear aspect, maybe other people don't. see no need to add more stuff to a engine that struggles at times already. Again, if you want the fear factor and think nerd poling takes away from that, there is nobody forcing you to do it.

I just said its not just me, ask Jonah Birch about the fear.

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I tried Minecraft years ago, and 2 things turned me off from it. 1, I find the terrain generation to be ugly and uninspiring. 2, There's no purpose to anything in the game other than you making your own purpose (but without motivation that comes from a need, I lack this skill).

Oh absolutely. Like I said, I once turned of BM hordes and it completely changed the feel of the game. In my case, for the worst, but to each their own.

Well, I could get into the exploring, and building bit of it all by itself, I don't really need a "purpose" any more than i needed one to make sand castles when I was little. It was just fun. But yeah, the terrain looks so...bleh. Thats why I like 7d. it has a bit of "edge" to it, I can build and screw around however I want for the most part, and there is a more adult feel to the dangers. 

3 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I just said its not just me, ask Jonah Birch about the fear.

Everybody thinks they are part of a majority... so you got a dozen people that think the way you do....so what? For everybody you can count, If i could be bothered to put that much effort into proving a point, I could come up with people that feel the polar opposite...

Well, I could get into the exploring, and building bit of it all by itself, I don't really need a "purpose" any more than i needed one to make sand castles when I was little. It was just fun. But yeah, the terrain looks so...bleh. Thats why I like 7d. it has a bit of "edge" to it, I can build and screw around however I want for the most part, and there is a more adult feel to the dangers. 

Like I said, to each their own. :) And "purpose" doesn't have to come in the form of a big bad blood moon horde that threatens your existence every 7 days (by default); one of the reasons why I love another game called Terraria over Minecraft is because in Terraria, every block you remove or place or flatten with a hammer, every thing you loot, each rare drop feels like an accomplishment and changes the course of your game. Not removing that annoying stray dirt block before an event or boss battle might cost you. Flattening out that hill or not as well, or deciding to equip that accessory over that one. I don't get that from Minecraft I find.

On a complete side note though, I have no idea where this came from, but what is your opinion on BM Range in 7D2D?

4 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Everybody thinks they are part of a majority... so you got a dozen people that think the way you do....so what? For everybody you can count, If i could be bothered to put that much effort into proving a point, I could come up with people that feel the polar opposite...

sounds like there should be an option then. Anyway this is going in circles, enough.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

but what is your opinion on BM Range in 7D2D?

I don't understand the question?

Just now, Demandred1957 said:

I don't understand the question?

Blood Moon Range applies a random number (whatever you set it to) to the Blood Moons. Ex. If you have Blood Moon Frequency set to 7 and Blood Moon Range set to 3, then the first horde could arrive on days 7-11.

52 minutes ago, Yopo said:

Wow, way to crap on those that enjoy. Stealth play. Killing zombie play. Destroying things play and looting play.  Good job you 

My bad i meant to say "If you think nerpoling is more fun than*"

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Blood Moon Range applies a random number (whatever you set it to) to the Blood Moons. Ex. If you have Blood Moon Frequency set to 7 and Blood Moon Range set to 3, then the first horde could arrive on days 7-11.

Oh, well never played like that to be honest.. Just left it at default every 7 days. But I could see how people who are more into the tense fear factor side of things would really like that, since you would have no idea of when it's coming, then would have to scramble like hell to prepare if it dropped on a day that you were not ready for. If thats what some people like, more power to them. I think I prefer to know what day it's coming on, since I get tense enough preparing as is. lol

Oh, well never played like that to be honest.. Just left it at default every 7 days. But I could see how people who are more into the tense fear factor side of things would really like that, since you would have no idea of when it's coming, then would have to scramble like hell to prepare if it dropped on a day that you were not ready for. If thats what some people like, more power to them. I think I prefer to know what day it's coming on, since I get tense enough preparing as is. lol

Yeah I can see that. Lol. I'm just in constant debate with myself if I like it or not. I'm interested in it for that fear factor and because it breaks up the norm, but I'm not a fan of it because I would probably only find to to be obnoxious or dull (in between short or long waits between hordes, respectively). 😛

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah I can see that. Lol. I'm just in constant debate with myself if I like it or not. I'm interested in it for that fear factor and because it breaks up the norm, but I'm not a fan of it because I would probably only find to to be obnoxious or dull (in between short or long waits between hordes, respectively). 😛

Yeah, everybody has fun in different ways. Like if that was the default way the bm horde worked, I would prob just quit, because i'm not into constant grinding tension.. I like to build, explore, have a fun adventure, where I am smarter than the brain dead zombies that want to eat me, and we have a good little fight once a week. Thats why I play on default. Very lighthearted I suppose, but as a older player I get more than enough tension and fear from real life, and just want to have fun in my little zombie sandbox..Without the cat turd landmines...lol

Yeah, everybody has fun in different ways. Like if that was the default way the bm horde worked, I would prob just quit, because i'm not into constant grinding tension.. I like to build, explore, have a fun adventure, where I am smarter than the brain dead zombies that want to eat me, and we have a good little fight once a week. Thats why I play on default. Very lighthearted I suppose, but as a older player I get more than enough tension and fear from real life, and just want to have fun in my little zombie sandbox..Without the cat turd landmines...lol

You know, I read that last bit as "turd landmines" and I was quite grossed out but also mildly intrigued. 🤣

Zombies should be able to nerdpole... especially zombie dogs and bears. 

I want to shoot a wolf and have it run off and when I track it down I want to see that it just built a small cobblestone base to keep me out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

You know, I read that last bit as "turd landmines" and I was quite grossed out but also mildly intrigued. 🤣

lol, o...k... sure madmole could code that right up for ya... Make it a debuff, cause everything within a half mile could smell ya or something..

Was just thinking back to my childhood when I would be digging in the sandbox, and come up with a big ol juicy turd,,lol

1 minute ago, pregnable said:

I want to shoot a wolf and have it run off and when I track it down I want to see that it just built a small cobblestone base to keep me out.

ummm, o...k...? Don't even know how to address that.

47 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

No reason you couldn't do these things without nerd polling.

You did say those that enjoy that need to check there standards. Which is quite an odd thing to say. Like your insinuating that they are not playing  to your standard and that having fun doing said things didn’t meet your personal standards. Quite odd indeed. 

Also I never mentioned anything about nerdpoling, with any of that, so why do you bring it up?

3 minutes ago, pregnable said:

I want to see zombies disabling blade traps and picking them off to deposit them off somewhere else safely. I want to see zombies hotwire turrets to attack me instead. I want to see zombies pick up spikes by hand and toss them aside. I want to see them building a concrete base next to mine and the bunch of us have this large full-scale war, with some of the zombies creating their own factions, some of which aligning with my own... Am I getting carried away here?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I want to see zombies disabling blade traps and picking them off to deposit them off somewhere else safely. I want to see zombies hotwire turrets to attack me instead. I want to see zombies pick up spikes by hand and toss them aside. I want to see them building a concrete base next to mine and the bunch of us have this large full-scale war, with some of the zombies creating their own factions, some of which aligning with my own... Am I getting carried away here?

TL:DR

All I saw you say is that you want the fun pimps to buy Soldak Entertainment, lel. 

7 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Was just thinking back to my childhood when I would be digging in the sandbox, and come up with a big ol juicy turd,,lol

Well then, you should be use to unexpected turds in 7d2d then...lol

1 minute ago, pregnable said:

All I saw you say is that you want the fun pimps to buy Soldak Entertainment, lel. 

Zombies smart. Zombies engineers. Zombies not strong enough. Apes together strong.

3 minutes ago, Yopo said:

You did say those that enjoy that need to check there standards. Which is quite an odd thing to say. Like your insinuating that they are not playing  to your standard and that having fun doing said things didn’t meet your personal standards. Quite odd indeed. 

Also I never mentioned anything about nerdpoling, with any of that, so why do you bring it up?

it appeared as if you were trying to defend nerdpoll looting, polling to the loot floor and sneak killing. If you were not then sorry. Jumped in to debate was all.

Just now, STyK_ said:

it appeared as if you were trying to defend nerdpoll looting, polling to the loot floor and sneak killing. If you were not then sorry. Jumped in to debate was all.

Shouldn't have to "defend" anything. To each their own. How is that so hard to understand?

4 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Buy who? Missing the ref.

Quit trying to pick a fight I'm pretty sure your older then this.

1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

Quit trying to pick a fight I'm pretty sure your older then this.

Nah, i'm quite ok with a fight when people are being overbearing. Great thing about being older, I don't got to do what people tell me to do.

• Poop 1

14 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Buy who? Missing the ref.

They make some funny games with lots of faction crap and monsters attacking eachother and your town and stuff. 

The graphics are not great, but the games are pretty fun.  Probably get boring after a while though. 

It would be interesting to see what games they would make if they actually were big and had a lot of money, heh. 

Just now, pregnable said:

They make some funny games with lots of faction crap and monsters attacking eachother and your town and stuff. 

The graphics are not great, but the games are pretty fun.  Probably get boring after a while though. 

It would be interesting to see what games they would make if they actually were big and had a lot of money, heh. 

hmm, sounds kinda fun tbh..