madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Nice castle avatar!

I was thinking of using a new avatar, but what I had in mind wont fit, in fact I have the problem a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toban said:

Thanks. I love castles and this game allows me to build some cool ones. This one is called, Castle Lathan because he didn't have a POI named after him haha. I'm gonna upload it to Youtube lol. 👍

Awesome, be sure to share the link here. I'm building a pretty large castle in my current play through but it nowhere near done yet, but I finally have 4 walls and all the outer towers built. Hopefully I can move in soon :)

Hey when are doors going to be lockpickable? It might be a bit strong but atleast "normal" doors should be lockpickable. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SheeleMara said:

I'm camped out for the night in a little hidey hut next to a trader, a zombie dog pack spawned to run in my direction but it sounds like they spawned inside of the trader at night as all I hear is their attacks followed by ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. 

All I can hear is Trader Rekt going, "Don't leave a mess on my front lawn!" 😜

2 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Hey when are doors going to be lockpickable? It might be a bit strong but atleast "normal" doors should be lockpickable. 

Hey Madmole can you do that for us? Please?

And about doors, can you add more doors for deco purposes? Live double doors, glass doors and more decorative stuff?

Just now, Biscoitoso said:

Hey Madmole can you do that for us? Please?

And about doors, can you add more doors for deco purposes? Live double doors, glass doors and more decorative stuff?

I'm pretty sure madmole stated that having lockpicks work on locked doors is not going to happen, for PVP reasons and because opening a locked door would just make it easier for players to go off the intended path in a dungeon.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm pretty sure madmole stated that having lockpicks work on locked doors is not going to happen, for PVP reasons and because opening a locked door would just make it easier for players to go off the intended path in a dungeon.

Keep in mind most of the PoIs have easily breakable wooden walls. You would also be sacrificing lockpicks to JUST get through 1 door. About the pvp part, i'm talking about the non-craftable doors, and if that's still a problem, land claim blocks are a thing.

EDIT: Oh and there's no anti-nerdpolling in the game.

Edited by RhinoW (see edit history)

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

I see, thats sad. Well... stealth is broken anyway, I can still destroy the door with my auger and the sleepers wont will come until I enter into the room. 😏😏

• Haha 1

Just now, RhinoW said:

Keep in mind most of the PoIs have easily breakable wooden walls. You would also be sacrificing lockpicks to JUST get through 1 door. About the pvp part, i'm talking about the non-craftable doors, and if that's still a problem, land claim blocks are a thing.

EDIT: Oh and there's not anti-nerdpolling in the game.

There's also plenty of POI's that have locked vault doors. There's a reason for their existence: other than immersion (why wouldn't there be a door into x room?), they're there to deter people from going that unintended route and continue along to follow the lights. Of course though this is a fully destructible environment, you can do what you want, but you get what I mean.

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

There's also plenty of POI's that have locked vault doors. There's a reason for their existence: other than immersion (why wouldn't there be a door into x room?), they're there to deter people from going that unintended route and continue along to follow the lights. Of course though this is a fully destructible environment, you can do what you want, but you get what I mean.

That's why i stated "normal" doors :)

1 minute ago, Biscoitoso said:

I see, thats sad. Well... stealth is broken anyway, I can still destroy the door with my auger and the sleepers wont will come until I enter into the room. 😏😏

Yeah, and crouching down causes the auger to make less noise, because that makes complete sense. 😂

• Haha 1

Yeah, and crouching down causes the auger to make less noise, because that makes complete sense. 😂

Not just auger, but everything get mufled. =D

• Like 1

I think our character is going for the strategy that is, "If I can't detect the enemies, they can't detect me." 😜

alec-blanket.jpg.c0efb5b757eaa59d2ea74b8c62c07e08.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

And did you hear the new auger sound? Its reminds me the sound of ricochet!

Is it a loop of someone going, "Drill drill drill drill drill drill drill", or perhaps, "Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang", or even, "Chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk"? =D

OMG It's the old auger sound! I missed that one!

Oh, that glugging sound as the tank refills! I thought TFP must have lost the rights to that!

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Is it a loop of someone going, "Drill drill drill drill drill drill drill", or perhaps, "Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang", or even, "Chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk"? =D

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew."

And there I go, throwing myself on the floor thinking I'm at in middle of a gun fighting.

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I think our character is going for the strategy that is, "If I can't detect the enemies, they can't detect me." 😜

alec-blanket.jpg.c0efb5b757eaa59d2ea74b8c62c07e08.jpg

The perfect strategy. But be aware, every room has a invisible tripwire in its entrance and if you across this, all zombies in there will wake up even if your stealth counter is showing 3!

The great secret is: The zombies are all deaf, and they need a tripwire to awake then. 

Edited by Biscoitoso (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew."

And there I go, throwing myself on the floor thinking I'm at in middle of a gun fighting.

If any game actually implements that, I'm going to seriously consider the budget behind it. XD Probably fifteen dollars and sixty-three cents or something along those lines. 😛

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

If any game actually implements that, I'm going to seriously consider the budget behind it. XD Probably fifteen dollars and sixty-three cents or something along those lines. 😛

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..." 🤣

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..." 🤣

For guns:

"Bang, bang, bang... bang..."

For vehicles:

"Vroooom, vroooom, vroooooom, vroom... Rrrrr..."

For crops when they grow:

"Grown. Grown. Grown."

For ambience:

"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping! Crooaak... SQUIRREL!!!"

For any motor tools:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..."

And that is what you get with a fifteen dollar kickstarter. 🤣

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

For guns:

"Bang, bang, bang... bang..."

For vehicles:

"Vroooom, vroooom, vroooooom, vroom... Rrrrr..."

For crops when they grow:

"Grown. Grown. Grown."

For ambience:

"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping!

For any motor tools:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..."

And that is what you get with a fifteen dollars kickstarter. 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
OH MAN! MY BELLY HURTS!

A CRICKET CHIRPING!

And imagine if it have subtitles options on just like Minecraft?

"Vrumm" (Sub: Auger UP)
"Pew pew pew pew pew" (Sub: Auger working)
"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping!" (Sub: A cricket chirping!)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

the bald guy one the dev streams (i don't know his name please tell me)

said that it will not happen :( 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RhinoW said:

EDIT: Oh and there's no anti-nerdpolling in the game.

I've hammered this one to death over several alphas, all we can do is hope there is a change of heart. They'll never take it out it seems but one can hope there will be an option that will discourage it. Like in Ravenherst. I'm playing the game the hardest possible way without nerd polling in the hopes someone will be swayed. I'll wait till stable and do a playthough and post it on youtube. Hopefully it will do something.

Edit: Its the key to saving pvp multiplayer but they are not worried about that till beta.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I've hammered this one to death over several alphas, all we can do is hope there is a change of heart. They'll never take it out it seems but one can hope there will be an option that will discourage it. Like in Ravenherst. I'm playing the game the hardest possible way without nerd polling in the hopes someone will be swayed. I'll wait till stable and do a playthough and post it on youtube. Hopefully it will do something.

Edit: Its the key to saving pvp multiplayer but they are not worried about that till beta.

Yeah, lets just take all bits of fun, or doing something in other than a pre-ordained way out of the game.. In fact, why bother to even play it?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, lets just take all bits of fun, or doing something in other than a pre-ordained way out of the game.. In fact, why bother to even play it?

I said an option, nobody said you would have to turn it on. You play the game way you want to play it, I'm fighting for the way I and others want to play it. If there are mods that are made doing this already then I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Why do you guys get so defensive when it comes to this.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
  • Poop 1

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Awesome, be sure to share the link here. I'm building a pretty large castle in my current play through but it nowhere near done yet, but I finally have 4 walls and all the outer towers built. Hopefully I can move in soon :)

I'll make a video of it and post it. I'm waiting for stable to build my epic castle, so you will have to post a video/pics of yours so I can get my castle fix haha.