Jump to content
madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

The tactical does look like a M4/A1. The two snipers appear to be M110A1

A lot of modern rifles look like the tac rifle. You just choose to imagine that it is one that commoly fires 5.56. =P

The new sniper rifle is definitely modeled after something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, antibiotics for quests T1 and T2 is ok, but 1 antibiotic for cleaning up Dishong Tower? Oh God!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

for me I tend to run out until I can craft them (though I play where all my stuff I'm carrying is deleted on death), a single antibiotic's value is still very low compared to other rewards even with being strapped for resources by playing on loss of items on death.

same here

9 minutes ago, Gazz said:

A lot of modern rifles look like the tac rifle. You just choose to imagine that it is one that commoly fires 5.56. =P

The new sniper rifle is definitely modeled after something else.

kinda looks like a dragunov mixed with some sort of rifle but that's my thinking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Guys, antibiotics for quests T1 and T2 is ok, but 1 antibiotic for cleaning up Dishong Tower? Oh God!

Totally agree.

 

The High Tier rewards should really be something unique, stuff you do not normally come across when playing the game. Stuff that compel's you to want to do those hard quests or what I touched upon in an earlier post maybe have special loot at the end.

 

I guess again the Legendary stuff MM is compiling will be the answer later down the road.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay_ombie said:

Totally agree.

 

The High Tier rewards should really be something unique, stuff you do not normally come across when playing the game. Stuff that compel's you to want to do those hard quests or what I touched upon in an earlier post maybe have special loot at the end.

 

I guess again the Legendary stuff MM is compiling will be the answer later down the road.

i mean one of my quest rewards for clearing out the crack a book tower and retrieve the supplies i got as my options a level 6 impact driver or a level 6 piece of military leg armour which if you ask me are pretty good options it just feels like certain times you complete the quests the rewards can be kinda crappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gazz said:

A lot of modern rifles look like the tac rifle. You just choose to imagine that it is one that commoly fires 5.56. =P

The new sniper rifle is definitely modeled after something else.

What are they modeled after then? I can't name a gun other then the M60 that shoots 7.62mm full auto. The M14 had a full auto version in Vietnam which didn't last very long cause of all the kick and it doesn't look anything like that but thats all I could name without the internet and a bunch of gun buff searching. Enlighten me @Gazz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

Madmole, you have nerfed T5 quest rewards very much! It is not worth anymore! Serious dude, why a T5 quest reward give 5 damn first aid bandage? Or 3 Painkillers?

There we go to Dishong tower, kill lots of zombies, survive some traps, play during 1-2 hours, waste aroung 200-500 bullets, some medical stuff, maybe some drugs and then, at trader: 3 Painkillers as a reward, or maybe 5 First Aid, how about ANOTHER Nailgun? Or maybe some Armor Triple Pocket Mod?

I have played aroung 30 missions T5 and most of it gave me @%$*#!y reward. I have a storage box full of exploding arrows and bolts... And on top of that, why just 40? Why not 75 exploding arrows and bolds? Me and all my friends from the server I play and some others from others servers agree with me. You have nerfed heavy the T5 rewards.

I suggest you:
- No Painkillers
- No First Aid Bandages
- Only T3 gear quality 4-6, Fetch = Quality 4 - 60% chance, Quality 5 - 30% chance and Quality 6 - 10% chance. Clear = Quality 4 - 50% chance, Quality 5 - 35% chance and Quality 6 - 15% chance. Fetch and Clear = Quality 4 - 40% chance, Quality 5 - 30% chance and Quality 6 - 20% chance.
- No Books and Recipes
- Only T3 mods
- 5 First Aid Kit
- 3 Drugs
- 150 7.62 special ammo, or Shotgun special ammo.
- 10 Frag Rockets or 10 HE Rockets
- 75 exploding arrows/bolts
- No Nailgun

And on top of that I suggest a pattern to the options: 2 ammo options (different weapons), 1 drug/meds options, 1 gear option and 1 random option (wich one can be any other or one more from another).

Hi. I see you very distressed.
 What level do you have the intelligence perk which increases the reward of the missions,
 and gives you the possibility of getting two? (He was somewhat of an adventurer but I don't remember)
 Because of the ammunition, it's this alpha which you can't complain about.
 There is too much ammunition everywhere. And in the worst case, use melee or turrets. 
What rewards do you expect for a tier 5? Do a tier 5 and finish the game?

Saludos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, rubens9311 said:

Hi. I see you very distressed.
 What level do you have the intelligence perk which increases the reward of the missions,
 and gives you the possibility of getting two? (He was somewhat of an adventurer but I don't remember)
 Because of the ammunition, it's this alpha which you can't complain about.
 There is too much ammunition everywhere. And in the worst case, use melee or turrets. 
What rewards do you expect for a tier 5? Do a tier 5 and finish the game?

Saludos

Hello.

Intellect 10.
The Daring Adventurer 4 (Maxed)

Level 72 character. Gamestage 172. And my suggestion for T5 rewards.

- No Painkillers
- No First Aid Bandages
- Only T3 gear quality 4-6, Fetch = Quality 4 - 60% chance, Quality 5 - 30% chance and Quality 6 - 10% chance. Clear = Quality 4 - 50% chance, Quality 5 - 35% chance and Quality 6 - 15% chance. Fetch and Clear = Quality 4 - 40% chance, Quality 5 - 30% chance and Quality 6 - 20% chance.
- No Books and Recipes
- Only T3 mods
- 5 First Aid Kit
- Stack which 3 drugs
- 150 7.62 special ammo, or Shotgun special ammo.
- 10 Frag Rockets or 10 HE Rockets
- 75 exploding arrows/bolts
- No Nailgun

Saludos.

Edited by Biscoitoso
Good maners. (see edit history)
  • Sympathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Gazz @everyone

Can anyone name the gun that the Tactical is modeled after? Gazz says it shoots 7.62mm so it has to be that caliber shoot full auto and look like the tactical to be looked up on google.

Edit: If nobody answers then I'd have to assume this gun is a work of fiction or it actually is a M4 Tactical that shoots 5.56mm.

 

Also name the two snipers.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madmole said:

No we don't knee jerk over hyperbole. I use my steel tools just fine. Eat some stew and drink some coffee before use, and get the perks if you want to be a big boy. I multi task by doing some crafting when I catch my breath, or upgrade some frames nearby in my mine, but it isn't that bad. Keep an eye on the stamina rating too, that has variety, some steel variants use less stamina than others, 1 less is huge.

 

Mining with an auger and chainsaw will suck your stamina soul out when we get around to it, enjoy the free pass for now. News flash augers weigh about 60 pounds and take serious muscle to use and chainsaws take a fair bit too, plus the vibrations, so before any realism police come at me get your facts checked.

1% of that effort could have solved their problem. That is why I can't stand "natural born belly achers" as my dad used to call them. They complain about everything and take hours doing so, yet a fraction of that effort would solve what they complain about 99% of the time.

i will remmeber to be a big boy next time. I just don't see the reason for steel tools. heck if iron tools can break blocks as fast, take less resources to craft and end up using less stamina than steel tools what makes the steel tool such a huge upgrade? like seriously if I breaking a block takes 2 shots with either a iron or steel tool then why bother with a steel tool?

 

maybe it's just me and my dumb reasoning for not being a big boy for thinking a upgrade in tier should show obvious benefits compared to a lower tier item. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gazz said:

A lot of modern rifles look like the tac rifle. You just choose to imagine that it is one that commoly fires 5.56. =P

The new sniper rifle is definitely modeled after something else.

@Gazz : sorry to bother you on this, but Madmole told me you're the one to ask...

Someone told me that zombies on fire by standing on a Campfire don't take any damage.

Can you confirm this? If that's so, is it intended or a bug? Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

@Gazz @everyone

Can anyone name the gun that the Tactical is modeled after? Gazz says it shoots 7.62mm so it has to be that caliber and look like the tactical to be looked up on google.

Also name the two snipers.

It's modeled after the M4 with the carry handle removed, a custom stock put on, and some tape wrapped around it. AR-15 style rifles can be chambered in 7.62x39, but I don't think that level of detail is a main focus here. IRL, the M60 and AK-47 do not fire the same ammunition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

@Gazz : sorry to bother you on this, but Madmole told me you're the one to ask...

Someone told me that zombies on fire by standing on a Campfire don't take any damage.

Can you confirm this? If that's so, is it intended or a bug? Thanks a bunch!

Why don't you submit a bug report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Callum123456789 said:

same here

kinda looks like a dragunov mixed with some sort of rifle but that's my thinking 

its a SVD/Dragunov

 

AKA the Ak47 Sniper rifle! 

 

Spoiler

Image

 

SVD Sniper Rifle Isolated Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free ...

 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

its a SVD/Dragunov

 

AKA the Ak47 Sniper rifle! 

 

  Hide contents

Image

 

SVD Sniper Rifle Isolated Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free ...

 

With an improvised butt of course. Ty adam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Lum4r said:

It's modeled after the M4 with the carry handle removed, a custom stock put on, and some tape wrapped around it. AR-15 style rifles can be chambered in 7.62x39, but I don't think that level of detail is a main focus here. IRL, the M60 and AK-47 do not fire the same ammunition.

reading and article from 2017 searching M4 7.62mm

https://www.businessinsider.com/army-to-gunmakers-show-us-a-new-762-mm-service-rifle-2017-6

'The M4, however, would require a new barrel, bolt carrier group, and buffer system in addition to a new lower receiver to shoot 7.62mm ammo, experts maintain.'

then later that year

The Army’s Powerful New 7.62mm Service Rifle Is Officially Dead

https://taskandpurpose.com/gear-tech/army-interim-combat-service-rifle

I can't find anything newer saying that the military actually ended up doing this just that they wanted something that would shoot 7.62mm full auto for the new armor piecing round that was developed. Making it so custom and uncommon. Also as you said thats 7.62mmX39 which wouldn't match the ammo for the other rifles.

 

For the sake of fantasy it works.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, appenius said:

Hey guys, any of you experiencing massive fps drop in comparison to b169? I am talking about 20 fps in average....I had 45fps on average on b169, after b173 came out I am getting at most average 25fps....

 

PC specs:

i7-6700HQ

16GB RAM

gtx-960m

game installed on m2 ssd

 

I play on custom settings which are between low and medium. As I said, I had average fps in b169 somewhere around 45fps, now I cannot get past 30fps

b169 did not load block entities up front, so less VRAM use, but added lot of loading lag, so that change was reverted in b173. One of our artists lowered texture sizes on many textures last Friday, so texture memory use will be somewhat less in the next release.

It is probably a memory issue on that GPU. How much VRAM does it have? Wiki says 2 GB or 4 GB. If yours is 2 GB, then that not much and you would need to put all texture quality settings to the lower choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madmole said:

No, the best strategy is to stare at the plant until you see the id text pop up.

I've tried that and have had it not work. It says the ID and I still end up punching the farm plot or the wall or another plant or whatever. And it also takes more time looking for it than just standing over it and moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Vram usage has improved steadily since a17 and, while still not in the range the steam page claims, it at least can be under 5 GB cumulative usage in minimum specs at all times (no chance for it to stay at 3,9gb for long, sadly) . The tough problem is a number of factors that damage the fps : the "one second" pile of warnings , music starting, transitioning and stopping instruction clogging (one of the biggest lately), entities spawning in the same second, various same-second instructions/notifications ... etc

Console messages are not as bad as you make them sound. For years the game has logged plenty of console messages as you play. It takes dozens/hundreds in a short time period to start lagging unless you have some weird issue with it writing to the file.

 

Now the code that is logging the message might be running slow, but that is not from the message itself.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

@Gazz : sorry to bother you on this, but Madmole told me you're the one to ask...

Someone told me that zombies on fire by standing on a Campfire don't take any damage.

Can you confirm this? If that's so, is it intended or a bug? Thanks a bunch!

If they don't take any damage then it is probably a bug, but I would not want them taking much damage even if we fix it, because people would make low resources corridors full of campfires to kill zombies. Yes we should fix it, but it would be way down the list of things we need to worry about.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, faatal said:

Console messages are not as bad as you make them sound. For years the game has logged plenty of console messages as you play. It takes dozens/hundreds in a short time period to start lagging unless you have some weird issue with it writing to the file.

 

Now the code that is logging the message might be running slow, but that is not from the message itself.

If they don't take any damage then it is probably a bug, but I would not want them taking much damage even if we fix it, because people would make low resources corridors full of campfires to kill zombies. Yes we should fix it, but it would be way down the list of things we need to worry about.

Of course, I always meant that. First comes the issue then the log. And in the middle, a baked potato.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

With an improvised butt of course. Ty adam.

Well they should have went with the M14, it at least would have some precedence for being in America. Lots of SVD's in Arizona?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jorbascrumps said:

Why don't you submit a bug report?

Because I don't know how to prove it... the one who told me this on Steam said that a streamer found a way to activate the health bars (which I don't know how to do) and that he noticed that while on fire (because of stepping on a Campfire) the zombies' health bars stayed the same.

 

@faatal: thanks for the reply, I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STyK_ said:

Can anyone name the gun that the Tactical is modeled after? Gazz says it shoots 7.62mm so it has to be that caliber shoot full auto and look like the tactical to be looked up on google.

Edit: If nobody answers then I'd have to assume this gun is a work of fiction or it actually is a M4 Tactical that shoots 5.56mm.

There are tons of automatic rifles in 7.62. Just don't fixate on American ones.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

@Gazz : sorry to bother you on this, but Madmole told me you're the one to ask...

Someone told me that zombies on fire by standing on a Campfire don't take any damage.

Can you confirm this? If that's so, is it intended or a bug? Thanks a bunch!

No, I can not. Also, this is the dev log, not the bug forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gazz said:

There are tons of automatic rifles in 7.62. Just don't fixate on American ones.

That's where the game takes place though. You win though, your M4 exists its just custom and uncommon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...