Jump to content
madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2020 at 5:19 AM, Laz Man said:

Damn straight...the way some people complain you would think we were at Burger King and not playing a survival game...

 

"Have it your way" ... 😅😅😅

You forgot all the new POIs and mix in RWG worlds.  Towns/cities feel more real probably because of less dupes and better tagging/grouping.

sorry haven't really been on the forums just re-reading everything thats been posted and yes i'm very glad that we can see all of the new pois and have more variety rather than 3 duplicates of let's say the dump and lung mining place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STyK_ said:

This is approved by the realism police. 🤪

wait. i though a Auger is suppose to be for dirt in real life?

 

 

And sense we are talking about "realism" arrows should be used for both Crossbows and Bows! now you may say. "Adam! crossbows in real life uses bolts" and i would agree but then again!

the TAR/M4A1 takes 7.62 in game while IRL it uses 5.56

 

and plus it would add some more space for Items to come in game, and will not complex anything!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

wait. i though a Auger is suppose to be for dirt in real life?

 

 

And sense we are talking about "realism" arrows should be used for both Crossbows and Bows! now you may say. "Adam! crossbows in real life uses bolts" and i would agree but then again!

the TAR/M4A1 takes 7.62 in game while IRL it uses 5.56

 

and plus it would add some more space for Items to come in game, and will not complex anything!

 

Err... Sorry for tell that but... The Vanilla game dont have any TAR/M4A1...

  • Knuckle Rub 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biscoitoso said:

Err... Sorry for tell that but... The Vanilla game dont have any TAR/M4A1...

in A19 there is

 

 

TAR

Tactical Assault Rifle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Err... Sorry for tell that but... The Vanilla game dont have any TAR/M4A1...

Bought one from a trader for 800 dukes on day 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Err... Sorry for tell that but... The Vanilla game dont have any TAR/M4A1...

Technically it's been in the game since A18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

in A19 there is

 

 

TAR

Tactical Assault Rifle

Maybe you right, but TAR is not a name for any real weapon, it is a generic name. Anyway, about arrows and bolts... Hummm I think I agree with you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madmole said:

Mining with an auger and chainsaw will suck your stamina soul out when we get around to it, enjoy the free pass for now.

May I ask what the purpose of this is? I get that stamina should be a problem early game, but I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to finally get that auger you so desperately wanted to take your building up a notch in late game, to find out you can barely use it due to stamina usage. Is it supposed to make players craft high tier food items to try counteract the stamina drain?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biscoitoso said:

Maybe you right, but TAR is not a name for any real weapon, it is a generic name. Anyway, about arrows and bolts... Hummm I think I agree with you.

ik i just call it that so i don't have to spell, Tactical Assault Rifle. im lazy!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam the Waster said:

ik i just call it that so i don't have to spell, Tactical Assault Rifle. im lazy!  

I really need sorry you for my mystake, now I understand, the model of TAR in the game is the M4A1.

Thank you for the elucidation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biscoitoso said:

I really need sorry you for my mystake, now I understand, the model of TAR in the game is the M4A1.

Thank you for the elucidation.

You're fine! no need to say sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

You're fine! no need to say sorry!

Tyvm.

What your opinion about quest rewards? Did you actually have played some T5 quests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biscoitoso said:

Tyvm.

What your opinion about quest rewards? Did you actually have played some T5 quests?

i have not done it on A18 but i have on A19!

 

and sometimes you get some nice stuff like once level 6 Desert Vulture, then Later i got level 6 Steel knuckles and level 5 Steel Spears and the last one i did i got a Level 5 Steel helmet. But then you have some stuff that are OK, like blueprints (i had most of them) and sometimes you got ammo! mostly special ammo like HP or AP, most of the stuff that i will not uses will be sold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i have not done it on A18 but i have on A19!

 

and sometimes you get some nice stuff like once level 6 Desert Vulture, then Later i got level 6 Steel knuckles and level 5 Steel Spears and the last one i did i got a Level 5 Steel helmet. But then you have some stuff that are OK, like blueprints (i had most of them) and sometimes you got ammo! mostly special ammo like HP or AP, most of the stuff that i will not uses will be sold!

And what you think about these reward options?

001 - Clear T5.png

002 - FC T5.png

003 - C T5.png

004 - FC T5.png

005 - FC T5.png

006 - FC T5.png

008 - FC T5.png

009 - FC T5.png

49fpuc.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Poop 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, appenius said:

 

yes I know the graphics card is really bad, but the point is in b169 I had much better FPS/performance (as I said, on average 20fps better), that's why I was wondering if something has changed or not

Vram usage has improved steadily since a17 and, while still not in the range the steam page claims, it at least can be under 5 GB cumulative usage in minimum specs at all times (no chance for it to stay at 3,9gb for long, sadly) . The tough problem is a number of factors that damage the fps : the "one second" pile of warnings , music starting, transitioning and stopping instruction clogging (one of the biggest lately), entities spawning in the same second, various same-second instructions/notifications ... etc

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

And what you think about these reward options?

 

 

I think some are Ok! i would love to have a Level 6 impact driver!

 

but also i maxed out my "Daring Adventurer" perk so i got to pick two things and got better stuff!
 

i would also take the M60! im personally a Steel tools kinda guy!

 

I would also take the Sniper rifle! i like to uses them as a "Carbine" and uses them with Iron sights! its fun to put full auto on a sniper and pull the trigger!

 

and the one with the sledge Hammer i would rather take C4! i hate using Sledge hammers! without perks!

 

 

but some of the other stuff i would get and sell so i can get something i want! hell i bought a level 4 Auto shotgun! it was alot but worth it!  

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I think some are Ok! i would love to have a Level 6 impact driver!

 

but also i maxed out my "Daring Adventurer" perk so i got to pick two things and got better stuff!
 

i would also take the M60! im personally a Steel tools kinda guy!

 

I would also take the Sniper rifle! i like to uses them as a "Carbine" and uses them with Iron sights! its fun to put full auto on a sniper and pull the trigger!

 

and the one with the Hammer i would rather take C4! i hate using hammers! without perks!

 

 

but some of the other stuff i would get and sell so i can get something i want! hell i bought a level 4 Auto shotgun! it was alot but worth it!  

This.

Accept it or sell it, nothing is lost in any way :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

wait. i though a Auger is suppose to be for dirt in real life?

 

 

And sense we are talking about "realism" arrows should be used for both Crossbows and Bows! now you may say. "Adam! crossbows in real life uses bolts" and i would agree but then again!

the TAR/M4A1 takes 7.62 in game while IRL it uses 5.56

 

and plus it would add some more space for Items to come in game, and will not complex anything!

 

Alright lets go there.

From google: An auger is a drilling device, or drill bit, used for making holes in wood or in the ground. It usually includes a rotating helical screw blade called a 'flighting' to act as a screw conveyor to remove the drilled out material. The rotation of the blade causes the material to move out of the hole being drilled.

 

Even if you could modify the blade to work on other materials your body is the weak link. So yeah it can't work IRL but would you rather not have the auger do what it does cause if not its only use then would be gathering clay.

 

 

The crossbow shouldn't be able to loaded that fast, you should have to put the cocking sturrup on the front on the ground then put your foot in it and pull the string back to the latch and place the bolt/arrow in the flighting grove. Congratulations you have just done a reload and you are dead 10 times in the time it took you to do that cause you sure as hell are not moving while you are doing this and it is no small amount of strength needed to do this. Even if you devised some sort of crank to get the string to the latch it would be to much to do on the fly. 

 

A lot of people can't use the bow to save their life and the crossbow is more the privative pistol equivalent so they too can do an agility ranged build.

 

If you try and put to much IRL on either of these they don't work and I can just imagine the amount people mad if they did.

 

 

The tactical does look like a M4/A1. The two snipers appear to be M110A1, and I haven't been able to get the other due to my loot being at 25% and can't find pictures but from what I've seen it appears to be some variant of M14 with out the stock iron sight. Then there is the hunting rifle which all I can assume is its a high caliber. The three Ranged rifles IRL us the same ammo 7.62mm. The M60 uses 7.62mm. This leave the M4/A1 the only weapon in game that would use 5.56mm, why make another ammo type for one gun? I'm happy we even  get AP and HP rounds. This isn't escape from tarkov fidelity, hell the game doesn't even have magazines.

 

Conclusion, even the realism police need to take a bit of fantasy with what they believe is emersion breaking or not cause you can pull the world apart if you want. I think the pimps do a pretty good job of trying to make it all work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biscoitoso said:

I hope you not are being sarcastic...
It is ok for me if the mission give me 5 First Aid Kits, but not First Aid Bandages...

Anyway, are you going keep the rewards like this? 😧

Hard to say, our plan is to game stage the rewards better for A20.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

And what you think about these reward options?

009 - FC T5.png

Auto shotgun schematic would be an amazing gamechanger, I think that's great but a single antibiotic looks ridiculous compared to everything else

I think I saw someone say they don't want to see schematics as rewards but I think some big power schematics like auto-shotgun would be a great reward for T5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

Auto shotgun schematic would be an amazing gamechanger, I think that's great but a single antibiotic looks ridiculous compared to everything else

I think I saw someone say they don't want to see schematics as rewards but I think some big power schematics like auto-shotgun would be a great reward for T5

Yeah these were slapped together during A17 for the most part. It needs to be thought through better. Infection is starting to make a comeback but not enough to put a dent in my huge supply of honey, so I don't even care about antibiotics until I am out of honey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmole said:

Yeah these were slapped together during A17 for the most part. It needs to be thought through better. Infection is starting to make a comeback but not enough to put a dent in my huge supply of honey, so I don't even care about antibiotics until I am out of honey.

I honestly never use honey so I can save it for Grandpa's Awesome Sauce, and I never run out of antibiotics or herbal antibiotics anyway, and I never craft them. (SP.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I honestly never use honey so I can save it for Grandpa's Awesome Sauce, and I never run out of antibiotics or herbal antibiotics anyway, and I never craft them. (SP.)

for me I tend to run out until I can craft them (though I play where all my stuff I'm carrying is deleted on death), a single antibiotic's value is still very low compared to other rewards even with being strapped for resources by playing on loss of items on death.

Edited by Tmodloader
thought of more (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, madmole said:

Yeah these were slapped together during A17 for the most part. It needs to be thought through better. Infection is starting to make a comeback but not enough to put a dent in my huge supply of honey, so I don't even care about antibiotics until I am out of honey.

Funny thing is, I just done a Quest way out from my base with another Joel Trader (I have two Joel's on the go in my map) and got infected. I had nothing on me and the Stumps were not supplying me with honey. So for me it was lucky I had the option of Antibiotics as a reward. I sold all the stuff I got from the quest house so I didn't leave empty handed. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...