Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 minute ago, PoloPoPo said:

I have got the feeling that the hitbox of plants got worse. Trying to harvest from my farm plots in b169 ended in me taking out lots of seeds accidentally. Right now with a new savegame in b173 it is still the same with chrysanthemum flowers. Instead of the flower I keep hitting grass way more often than with A18. Not sure when exactly that got worse but it definitely was better with A18.

Someone else experienced that as well?

yep, I have to step to the side a little bit after a miss and then I get it.

4 hours ago, bloodmoth13 said:

Was sure that my pistols did slightly more damage than my smgs per hit. Honestly im kinda disappointed that it doesnt, i liked the idea of the top tier weapons being highest DPS weapons,

Just so there's no confusion, I was looking at A18.4's xml for the 9mm Pistol and the 9mm SMG. Not on a19 yet. :)

4 hours ago, beHypE said:

That's subjective. Unless i'm in a bloodmoon horde scenario, a modded pistol has more than a big enough mag size for daily usage. I'd take the higher damage variant almost all the time, fire rate and mag size aren't really important when you're used to clicking heads.

The vanilla DamageFalloffRange values are fairly short so the 30m vs. 18m was a major part of my choosing to use a semi-auto SMG over the Pistol (plus doesn't hurt that there are no real downsides). I prefer to stay at range and in the larger POIs there are usually areas where you can snipe zeds from far enough away that the Pistol winds up just tapping them on the shoulder saying, "time to wake up". 😄

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

has anyone notice that normal glass is "Really" see through? i mean it looks like Air!

i was in a building and i though the windows broke but no it was there!

didnt notice, tho I did notice that motion sensors cant sense past glass

4 hours ago, STyK_ said:

Atlas as well, with a big enough ship you can make it your base. I've played both, be prepared to loose everything but your knowledge though, its the nature of those games.

bought that when it was like 4 bucks lol

didnt play it yet tho. had enough trouble with ark 2 this day.

12 hours ago, Aldranon said:

I feel your pain.

A mobile base where you could travel (preferably in the air) has been a dream of mine.

For the base in the air vehicle, make it so you need to keep one or more forges going for the hot air, so its not without cost.

Also with vultures, you would need to kill them all first. (One of many "Mega Quest lines" to be reviled before Part 2's release!) 

a game mode where the map changes every 7 days but you keep your gear & workbenches in your truck would be awesome

3 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Well they did warn us to restart but nobody said anything about snow biom trees showing up in the desert. Guess snowie blueberrys were not the only side effect.

unforseen_side_effect.png

In summary: They recommend to restart with every patch, or some weird $#%& might start to happen in your worlds. 😜

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

In summary: They recommend to restart with every patch, or some weird $#%& might start to happen in your worlds. 😜

its not enough to start over, I'm going to get my 5000 kills

2 hours ago, STyK_ said:

I did see the original post and responded to it, I just didn't see the edits. This is good! Now why didn't the Meganoth or Gazz reply with this. I did start a new game in b169. Maybe it just hasn't been adjusted yet? I guess I will know when I restart for random gen. Only took 3 years to confirm this and have something done lol.

I can tell you why I didn't reply with this. I'm neither a tester nor a dev nor have I access to their bug database. But it is a perfect example of what I was talking about, a shiny perfect bug report has a much higher chance of getting noticed and fixed

2 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

As a machinist with over 20 years of exp. SOME stainless doesn't rust. It depends on the amount of nickel in the grade. The name says it all Stain-LESS

not Stain-PROOF. Have a blessed day!

Yea no kidding. Ask a sailor whether stainless steel rusts. :)

45 minutes ago, meganoth said:

But it is a perfect example of what I was talking about, a shiny perfect bug report has a much higher chance of getting noticed and fixed

We've all seen 'The Dark Knight' right.

"If your good at something never do it for free!" #Heath Ledger always will be the real Joker

I grew up in a generation where many just wanted to be testers for next to no pay. Now everyone's a tester for nothing. Kudos to those who will sacrifice there play time to come up with the hard data but I'll only go out of my way to point out what I notice and it turns out I was right. 

12 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

We've all seen 'The Dark Knight' right.

"If your good at something never do it for free!" #Heath Ledger always will be the real Joker

I grew up in a generation where many just wanted to be testers for next to no pay. Now everyone's a tester for nothing. Kudos to those who will sacrifice there play time to come up with the hard data but I'll only go out of my way to point out what I notice and it turns out I was right. 

Lol...if everyone followed that type of thinking no problems would ever be solved.

It's also the recipe for mediocrity...

I bet Heath worked hard to get where he got in his career...so not sure that's an appropriate example...😅

4 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

I have got the feeling that the hitbox of plants got worse. Trying to harvest from my farm plots in b169 ended in me taking out lots of seeds accidentally. Right now with a new savegame in b173 it is still the same with chrysanthemum flowers. Instead of the flower I keep hitting grass way more often than with A18. Not sure when exactly that got worse but it definitely was better with A18.

This has been a major headache recently, so yes.

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Lol...if everyone followed that type of thinking no problems would ever be solved.

It's also the recipe for mediocrity...

I bet Heath worked hard to get where he got in his career...so not sure that's an appropriate example...😅

Well you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. If you want to work for free thats your business. My two cents are free but thats where I draw the line.

5 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Very much this!

It's seriously a fight to actually harvest crops for some reason. I beat the crap out of my planters, or just punch the air over and over. Almost always have to back through and replant all the seeds I punched up too

Can't we just get an "E to interact" prompt instead

20 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Very much this!

It's seriously a fight to actually harvest crops for some reason. I beat the crap out of my planters, or just punch the air over and over. Almost always have to back through and replant all the seeds I punched up too

Can't we just get an "E to interact" prompt instead

I'm pretty sure TFP said they might want to get rid of all "press E to interact" interactions in the game (for harvesting resources) for consistency's sake, but we'll have to see. But no, press "E" to pick up is never coming back.

Archived