Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

9 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's probably because of your party-combined game stage?

But to be honest I too noticed a slight change of luck in A19 b173.

As have I. This is probably the first time I'm facing the day 7 horde with only two blunderbusses. (Assuming my world isn't wrecked due to the new update.)

@All:

I'm currently downloading the update to version b170 (or 173?), 8 minutes remaining. I'd like to start all over with a new savegame again. I have read multiple times about a "clean restart" to minimize chances of errors after an update. How does that work, what do I have to do?

Please quick help, 7 minutes download time left, after that I'd like to play asap :D

1 minute ago, PoloPoPo said:

@All:

I'm currently downloading the update to version b170 (or 173?), 8 minutes remaining. I'd like to start all over with a new savegame again. I have read multiple times about a "clean restart" to minimize chances of errors after an update. How does that work, what do I have to do?

Please quick help, 7 minutes download time left, after that I'd like to play asap :D

I don't know if this is necessary, but one option is to delete all of your files manually, uninstall 7D2D, and then reinstall under the new update. Otherwise, simply starting a new world is enough.

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

I don't know if this is necessary, but one option is to delete all of your files manually, uninstall 7D2D, and then reinstall under the new update. Otherwise, simply starting a new world is enough.

A simpler method would be to "verify the integrity of your game files" which is essentially done when updating. You'll be fine @PoloPoPo

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Mileage will vary based on player experience (not XP) and skill.  I know some people who still get hit all the time...😅

Yes, that is the large issue of balancing it. Either you lower it so noobs are not too discouraged, or you increase it and say git gut scrub

2 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

New savegame started, random new world generated and look at the beauty of the position I woke up... 🥰

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937Unbenannt.thumb.png.bf968b2b201a7c480ed3677260255c58.png

Better be careful, or a sea bear might lunge at you from the water's edge.  ;) Better draw a circle around yourself. (Props to you if you get the reference.)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

As have I. This is probably the first time I'm facing the day 7 horde with only two blunderbusses. (Assuming my world isn't wrecked due to the new update.)

Ehrm... I was talking about a shift toward luck, so I actually got better loot.

I also reset everything after each patch using this procedure:

Spoiler

16 hours ago, madmole said:

Should get some turds when you harvest toilets as a prank.

Don't we already get those labelled "stone tools" ;)

@madmoleSeriously though, the team have done a great job with the performance etc on B173, if they could improve the contents of the pass n gas and WST crates now (so they are like Shamway and SM crates and contain appropriate loot) then the game would be almost perfect.

By that I mean contain tool parts or vehicle related stuff rather than just the next level of stone garbage ( yes I know you cannot use that stuff early game like you cannot use rifle parts from the SM crates, but it would make the decision of should I take or scrap much more of a dilemma than it is now) which you just keep the highest level and scrap the rest.

I just stumbled across a random WST crate on day one which gave me a level 2 stone axe and a level 2 stone shovel. As I have only had level 1 tools until then that was a welcome find. I'd call that an appropriate loot to be honest.

3 hours ago, sandpaper600 said:

This isn't a bug, but has anyone else noticed that turning down the loot has a drastic effect in-game? I play with another person and when loot abundance is set to 100%, we are both loaded to the gills every time we come "home". So when b179 dropped we decided since we had to start a new game that we'd turn the loot down to 75%, thinking we'd get 25% less.

But the reality is more like we are getting 25%-not 25% less. There are so many trash piles and boxes that are completely empty! I could understand it if it was junk I didn't want, but empty!?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think this maybe should be looked at in terms of balance.

I guess I should mention that we play on "Adventurer" difficulty.

I think this happens because 75% of 1 is effectively 0. It’s actually a little more complicated than this but you get the gist. Hopefully this is something on TFP’s radar but I view it more as a matter of polishing than a must fix bug. 

6 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Good questions. Not a 100% sure but looking at the items.xml for a18.4 it doesn't appear that there's any single shot damage difference between the two. And there's nothing special in the ammo9mmBulletBall entries for particular weapons.

Advantages the SMG has over the pistol, besides greater mag capacity;

MaxRange 65 vs 50

DamageFalloffRange 30 vs 18

(could be wrong but my understanding of the range bits is that there's full damage out to the DamageFalloffRange then it starts falling, until at MaxRange it's 0)

SMG is also a bit more accurate, and has slightly less recoil.

No idea if default RPM is effected by using the semi-auto mod. If I had to guess I'd say I think in single shot mode the SMG could fire faster than the Pistols 180 RPM?

Edit: hadn't caught that about the perk - burst bonus. I'll have to look into that; might be worth using a burst mod rather than full auto. Thanks. :)

It only works with it at 5 points in the perk. You get the crit bonus on gunslinger 3, but it only activates after 5 hits, then 4 then 3 at 5pts into the perk, which is where you need it with the burst mod.

Oh, looks like im wrong about smg vs pistol. Was sure that my pistols did slightly more damage than my smgs per hit. Honestly im kinda disappointed that it doesnt, i liked the idea of the top tier weapons being highest DPS weapons, but the lower tiers having slightly more efficiency so that they can always have some value. Even if the pistol did 5% more damage per bullet, its still half the mag size and nearly half the fire rate, the SMG would still be a massive upgrade in nearly every situation other than when you need to conserve ammo or are using it to stealth for single shots.

20 minutes ago, bloodmoth13 said:

Even if the pistol did 5% more damage per bullet, its still half the mag size and nearly half the fire rate, the SMG would still be a massive upgrade in nearly every situation other than when you need to conserve ammo or are using it to stealth for single shots.

That's subjective. Unless i'm in a bloodmoon horde scenario, a modded pistol has more than a big enough mag size for daily usage. I'd take the higher damage variant almost all the time, fire rate and mag size aren't really important when you're used to clicking heads.

6 hours ago, Matt 1977 said:

Lol ive played insane , 3k hrs in game so demo's are nothin 

@STyK_ i play perma death too

Me too! Not trying to one up you if you look at my previous comments I am an avid supporter of permadeath/dead is dead. I do a bunch of things that I think make it more realistic too. No nerd polling, no building other then my base, no taking advantage of pathing with base building, no cheese. I win when its 5000 kills 0 deaths. I play 2hr days though. 1400hrs, been playing since A16. You watch Jonah Birch?

5 hours ago, sandpaper600 said:

This isn't a bug, but has anyone else noticed that turning down the loot has a drastic effect in-game? I play with another person and when loot abundance is set to 100%, we are both loaded to the gills every time we come "home". So when b179 dropped we decided since we had to start a new game that we'd turn the loot down to 75%, thinking we'd get 25% less.

But the reality is more like we are getting 25%-not 25% less. There are so many trash piles and boxes that are completely empty! I could understand it if it was junk I didn't want, but empty!?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think this maybe should be looked at in terms of balance.

I guess I should mention that we play on "Adventurer" difficulty.

lol I agree, it gets worse though. This should be focused at @Gazz with TFP. Maybe he'll give you a response. If enough people make a fuss maybe they will actually look into it.

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

I just stumbled across a random WST crate on day one which gave me a level 2 stone axe and a level 2 stone shovel. As I have only had level 1 tools until then that was a welcome find. I'd call that an appropriate loot to be honest.

Same here. Level two stuff on day one and seems all good to me.  Found a blunderbus and trader Joel has a shotty and pump shotty for sale to temp me. But little chance to obtain pump in time I think before stock changes. 

23 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Why do you think loot abundance has been turned down with b173? I cannot find anything related to that in b173 change-log.

Indeed, a good amount of loot containers are empty but I still find more than enough stuff to survive.

I think is been an issue all along. Way too much empty everything, empty airdrops, empty food piles, empty med supplies, ect. I made two previous comments directed at Gazz cause hes the man who handles the loot tables. Also things like college jackets, running shoes, and mega crushes are supposed to be the keys to nightmare speed, I've found 1 mega crush in 32 hours playing and the others don't seem to exist, tires don't exist, and neither do bottles of acid. Pretty much become 100% dependent on the trader and it shouldn't be like that, if you look at the description of the loot abundance option it should just be less in each container, the way it is now it is like only 25% of the containers have anything in them and 75% are empty on 25% loot. I can get by as well but at the same time it is inadequate. 

1 hour ago, beHypE said:

That's subjective. Unless i'm in a bloodmoon horde scenario, a modded pistol has more than a big enough mag size for daily usage. I'd take the higher damage variant almost all the time, fire rate and mag size aren't really important when you're used to clicking heads.

this is what the pistol should turn into when you put burst or fullauto!

Beretta 93R - Wikipedia

4 minutes ago, Alpacko said:

should check out last oasis then.

Atlas as well, with a big enough ship you can make it your base. I've played both, be prepared to loose everything but your knowledge though, its the nature of those games.

Has anyone faced any issues yet running a b169 game with the b173 update ? My friends and I logged in and had all our stuff and experience, so that's a good sign. I've read it may mess up sleeper volumes, hopefully it's the only thing that might break.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived