Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

51 minutes ago, Orclover said:

We have desert plants and we don't have tequila in the game.  Honestly, I am just absolutely disgusted by this and demand it be fixed.  At this rate we will have meth making in the pharmacy bench before we have frickin hard liquor.   This is unacceptable.  Not that I am against meth being in the game, I mean we have trailer parks and it is set in Arizona.

No.

What we need is Mampoer

10 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Whats a Happer?  😁

typo fixed

4 hours ago, STyK_ said:

I'm trying to take it as far as it will go. I'm guessing you've beat it then? How did you go about it? What settings? Did you cheat or cheese it? Do you have vids of it. Some insight from someone who's beat it the way it currently is would be useful. Have you tried it or just trolling?

It has nothing to do with how good I am. -- I'll say I suck at the game for the sake of argument... no e-peen here.    Im sure there are people better than me and I hope they find the hardest options useful.  I'm sure a group of 4 good players in coo-op may find that option useful.   Just because you (or even me)  personally can't handle the hardest level on your own doesn't mean the options aren't good for others.

To be completely honest I am waiting for stable to play A19... but I hope its so hard that I can't play on max settings and snooze through it, No pride stroking here -- I like it hard ;););) 

9 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

It has nothing to do with how good I am. -- I'll say I suck at the game for the sake of argument... no e-peen here.    Im sure there are people better than me and I hope they find the hardest options useful.  I'm sure a group of 4 good players in coo-op may find that option useful.   Just because you (or even me)  personally can't handle the hardest level on your own doesn't mean the options aren't good for others.

To be completely honest I am waiting for stable to play A19... but I hope its so hard that I can't play on max settings and snooze through it, No pride stroking here -- I like it hard ;););) 

whatever works for YOU in a way YOU enjoy. ☺️

10 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

whatever works for YOU in a way YOU enjoy. ☺️

As it does for YOU, too. Don`t get us wrong, the game follows its flow, there have been so many opinions that this could be The Bold and The Beauty of the games.

We have countless ways of gameplay and it is still in alpha stage, which is something you gotta respect a lot ! 

Developers have their goals and we ALL follow them. 

just found my minibike in the middle of no where!

*shakes hand in air* Damn you 

1 hour ago, Orclover said:

We have desert plants and we don't have tequila in the game.  Honestly, I am just absolutely disgusted by this and demand it be fixed.  At this rate we will have meth making in the pharmacy bench before we have frickin hard liquor.   This is unacceptable.  Not that I am against meth being in the game, I mean we have trailer parks and it is set in Arizona.

WE NEED TEQUILA! NOW!

33 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Dead is dead I believe is what the pimps call it, it still could happen. So could the AI difficulty scroll bar. I was told there was a ticket given to make an option to add something nobody else would guess that will make the game harder if you want, I don't want to detail it cause who knows if it will pan out. When we stop fighting for something thats when it doesn't happen. Playing like this is proof it can be done.

How would I do it in a modded game? Bleed slows more but can't kill the zeds. On insane they are to tanky you can't hold your ground and take them on so you need to be able to run. Make the zeds faster then you so you have to engage but slower when you proc bleed, if you miss your dead. Base on skill, not RNG needing the college jacket, the runners, or mega crush.

Why do permadeath? Because of the satisfaction I get when I look at the score board and says 5000 zed kills and 0 deaths. At that point you have found the perfect path though the chaos, you've lived the fantasy. 1 of apparently 1000 ways. I don't think there are 1000 ways at this difficulty though, more like 1 for each class at the cheap end of points and a couple more expensive ways. Like instead of going all in the blade for bleed a guy could try parkor and the bow but it will cost more to get to the point where you can take on the biker.

I'm one point from getting deep cuts lvl 3 so we'll see if that is enough.

I know why you do what you do I didn't ask you why you do permadeath. You keep missing my point so not sure how else to say it.

Will try this you are asking for changes that will effect all difficulty because you play permadeath that is a choice that you make not the game making that choice. You talk about people modding to do this or that and you don't like it. Even though you didn't go into the XML files or download a mod to do permadeath. Doing that is the same thing as modding the game to do it pretty much. You and you alone is making the choice to delete the game after death. The game is working as it is intended. The game doesn't have a game over when you die. You respawn and keep playing. So technically the game works the way it is set up to do. Again it is possible to play the way you do on that difficulty but it is going to be one hell of a challenge and it should be with those settings.

Once again I get why you play SP, I know why you play permadeath I have done it myself. I know why you are asking for what you want but at the same time you are asking them to change things that is based on your playstyle that the game doesn't make you do but you're doing it. When 100's of different ways to play vanilla version and do what you are asking.

So 2 points I was makin. You are asking for changes when you are modding what the game does. (Deleting game after death when the game doesn't make you) and talking about people modding to do this and that and you don't like it but you are pretty much doing it but want others that might not like permadeath to like it. Anyway if you don't get it now idk how else to say it so. 

6 hours ago, beHypE said:

Imo mines could use a slight rework. I came across a new POI and saw a lootbox, jumped on a Dumpster that should have allowed me to jump over the wall only to find out... there were mines on that tiny wall. Instant death. 

It's not even a big deal, and that's the issue. I died so fast and out of nowhere that I shrugged thinking "what a ridiculously cheesy death", and kept going. I honestly think getting one-shot by a landmine is an unfun mechanic. It would have felt wayyy more punishing but also way more fair if it had let me live with a sliver of health, with a broken leg and maybe a broken arm. "Hey, you're crippled because you didn't pay attention, but we didn't just one shot you". 

I know, explosion damage reduction from heavy armor is a thing. I simply think it should reduce the crit chance / allow for a sprained leg instead of a broken one, and reduce damage; but I don't like the fact I can go from 100 to 0 with one careless step, it's simply unfun.

Light armor helps with that as well. Was that the car lot POI? I hit the same mine, lived thru it just fine. It was D6 or so iirc. Fairly weak still with low lvl armor. It took about half my hp.

2 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Light armor helps with that as well. Was that the car lot POI? I hit the same mine, lived thru it just fine. It was D6 or so iirc. Fairly weak still with low lvl armor. It took about half my hp.

IIRC there are like 2 to 3 hub cap mines in a row so it probably can one shot people with low armor and slow reactions...😁

5 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

So 2 points I was makin. You are asking for changes when you are modding what the game does. (Deleting game after death when the game doesn't make you) and talking about people modding to do this and that and you don't like it but you are pretty much doing it but want others that might not like permadeath to like it. Anyway if you don't get it now idk how else to say it so. 

Well then we disagree. I do not believe that what I am doing and what they are doing are the same. 'They' are 'pretty much' playing with cheat codes and I am making the game harder then it already is and adding mass loss and trying to play this game like a walking dead game rather then a tower defense game. Just because others don't like permadeath doesn't mean it can't be option in the settings. Apologies if the idea of this raises the bar for some.

16 hours ago, faatal said:

That would not buy you much. Passive sleeping zombies are already low overhead.

Alright. @faatal I've been hardcore testing since you told me this. They are indeed cheap as I noticed, but when I've got a little deeper I found out the REAL cause of the biggest drops: We know it's warnings. But when you dig a little deeper here's some of the why s :

Description: New POIS are (as every alpha when new POIS are firstly introduced) too high, or too low positioned (elevation not good) in the world, generating extremely steep roads AND as a result there can be PATHING warnings on the console that generate from 30 frame drop on medium systems to 80+ fps drop on minimum systems resulting in around 10 seconds screen freeze when the player happens to walk close preceded and followed by shorter freezes from additional block loading and unloading warnings.

SCREENSHOT DESCRIPTION:

OPTIONS:  My settings in the gameplay.

Spoiler

OPTIONS.thumb.jpg.093dbe09b7d0b18c107d2e88c4bdf85d.jpg

All of this pics are from the same POI : I don't even know if it's indeed a new POI, but all picks are from the same location, different perspective, sorry I don't have the exact name of the POI. but the pics should show clearly which is it.  The POI is relevant because it caused the wall of warnings from the console regarding PATH nodes.

Spoiler

NEWPOI_01.thumb.jpg.b9c763ca44bd8be700bb35f881157a3f.jpgNEWPOI_02.thumb.jpg.9ebf9532cb0505a61f666a65002afffb.jpgNEWPOI_03.thumb.jpg.94dd4035d94a28f6a8891d516b558f53.jpgNEWPOI_04.thumb.jpg.2455d4b08905e52f389ec82aebed29ea.jpg

This POI was one of the culprits of my 9348750293845 fps drops for several seconds. The cause was Those two PATH node warning wall. Last Pic is relevant because I was already frozen in place, but it was indeed waiting for the wall of warnings to show, that's why I was misdirected by the "sleepervolume" stuff.

Spoiler

C5.thumb.jpg.466c88beb93f07ab0b5d6cfceb6064ab.jpgC3.thumb.jpg.d275d0ecc05097b84d82f32196da6763.jpgC4.thumb.jpg.9c1a29a98932bf4c218fa4169f3f5a87.jpg

Next is another POI with positional problems that can also generate those warnings: This is another elevation-troubled POI (the same poi as seen from different perspectives. Again, sorry for not having the exact name but I'm pretty sure is new.

Spoiler

NEWPOI_06.thumb.jpg.ad7e1030362d4cbf803086a99fec95e6.jpgNEWPOI_05.thumb.jpg.78bf02f5aee61b197dc08f2858d33e9c.jpg

Warnings causing bumps in the fps.

Spoiler

C1.thumb.jpg.3d6120bd16a76968f89f6cf485857cbf.jpgC2.thumb.jpg.b0e6571623bb85c09e4a656d584d39f6.jpg

Last pic is one POI that has sleepers awaken always when not in the POI area. My guess is because of noise. But only from steps is enough. I don't know if that's intended.

Spoiler

1198261157_OLDMETALTOWERPOI.thumb.jpg.1b9191bb2f12cb7acf4442fc183781cb.jpg

Zd spawn causes drops, but I tried and tried to reproduce them and the result was: They are ok. Potatoes can handle almost a hundred entities and even at 100 we get 15 fps. The problem was that many of those engagements were happening in building areas with new POIS going nuts on the roads and elevation PLUS the block loading warnings.

POSSIBLE FIX:

1- FIX all the new a19 POIS ,both tweaked and newly added to have a good elevation like most of them in a18.4.

2- Console warnings are useful. The easiest way to go is just disable them for players that do not wish to test and see how it goes.

The harder way to go is: try to make them cheaper or inconspicuous on the framerate and  fix the POIS and in the process waste a lot of extra time on RWG resulting in added time before stable. Or maybe elevation tweaks are (hopeful) not that time consuming for the gains?

I hope this helps ! Have a nice day! 

17 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

IIRC there are like 2 to 3 hub cap mines in a row so it probably can one shot people with low armor and slow reactions...😁

Yes there are. But, they are sideways to the path up from the dumpster. I guess if after the explosion you walk sideways you could hit another, not if you continue forward or back tho. They don't set each other off either.

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

@madmole

will there be more factorys?

like working stiff, MO power, Savage country and pass and gas!

Also later on do you think we can find other Crates in homes? like Mo power for example! 

its a shame for me 😞 i picked pregen 2 and i haven't seen mo power or savage country i think im gonna start a new game on navezgane because i haven't properly played that map since a16

Just now, Callum123456789 said:

its a shame for me 😞 i picked pregen 2 and i haven't seen mo power or savage country i think im gonna start a new game on navezgane because i haven't properly played that map since a16

thats not true! im playing Per gen 2 and i found 2 mo powers and 1 savage country!

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

i found 1 in the burnt forest and 1 in the snow, i forgot where the savage country is though

that would explain i havent discovered it yet because im just scrapping everything in towns which ioh god takes forever but the payout is worth it and thanks for the info! i will be looking forward to finding them 

not gonna lie, i would love to see a book series dedicated to making different alcohol concoctions and maybe adding in some new alcohol to the game, would make for some fun gameplay.

A question, a lot of the new POIs and Reworked POIs have those new weapon rack shelves, armor shelves, freezer etc... Is it possible to add those to trader inventory for customization of our bases, I have some awesome ideas and don't wanna spawn them in, or are they in game and im blind as a bat for building (no a builder)

2 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

not gonna lie, i would love to see a book series dedicated to making different alcohol concoctions and maybe adding in some new alcohol to the game, would make for some fun gameplay.

There is an easy fix for that.  Turn all your graphic options down until the screen is blurry, then just pretend it's because you were drinking.

Just now, dan said:

There is an easy fix for that.  Turn all your graphic options down until the screen is blurry, then just pretend it's because you were drinking.

lol, my vision doesnt get the same blurred effect, but an option to have always drunk vision would be kinda funny

Archived