Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

18 minutes ago, Alpacko said:

i kinda liked their low hp - fits the charred & wasted theme

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i mean if you where burned to the point where's fire still burning in you're body! you would not feel so well ether 

I liked them with lower hp aswell. Though to be honest if tier 1 quests didn't send us there I wouldn't have an issue, its being sent to fight them with primitive gear in an area you should be geared to go to thats the issue.

29 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Yep, its nightmare speed insane diff. Last patch I could take him, this patch with proc bleed he's nipping at my ankles, I can't get far enough ahead running forward to catch a breath so he basically run down tackles me every time I run into him.

Working as designed then, the goal was to make it so you couldn't outrun them without mega crush.

14 minutes ago, madmole said:

Working as designed then, the goal was to make it so you couldn't outrun them without mega crush.

oh boy, even with bleed you need a mega crush or the college jacket. So shes all down to the RNG then, definitely can't do that on 25% loot.

30 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

oh boy, even with bleed you need a mega crush or the college jacket. So shes all down to the RNG then, definitely can't do that on 25% loot.

I'm sure there is a way, like have spike traps on your belt and use those to damage them and kite around them a bit.

21 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal, is it remotely possible to spawn all POI sleepers as blocks and make the switch to entities on demand like, say when you make noise or hit them for stealth kills?

That would not buy you much. Passive sleeping zombies are already low overhead.

20 hours ago, Matt said:

@faatal

In the A169 change notes it says, "Normal entities load their prefabs and meshes on demand instead of during world load".

Is this change contributing to or causing the stuttering/lag/short pauses when running around?

Yes and no. It is from load on demand, but mostly from block entities. I've already made block entities preload again. Looking at other ways to reduce texture memory use. Unity streaming is not working as well as I'd like. What a surprise.... 🙄

@faatal

if it not too much trouble, could we have an option to hide marked location on compass unless we track it?  

or lower the distance for it to show up on compass?

I'm one of those that label all high tier poi. Last alpha wasn't too bad, but for some reason, A19 I feel like the compass is always full, I can see marks from 1-2 towns over. And most of the time, mark location cover the quick way point.

NY4SIve.png

3 hours ago, STyK_ said:

New biker zombie feels op, I don't know what you did. I don't care if he's a bullet sponge or armored but right now he's too fast. Give him a try on nightmare speed,  bleed does nothing to his speed you cannot out run him.

That's the entire point behind Nightmare speed; the zombies are supposed to be FASTER than the player. Well, they are supposed to be; only the biker zombie currently is.

4 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i tried loading 3 navezgane maps and i kept spawning in the same burnt spot, trader just over the hill, into the forest, once in a rng i did spawn in the snow but right on the edge of the forest.

Spawn 'randomness' is from the name you chose for the world. Pick another name or add some numbers to it.

10 minutes ago, kuratowakiru said:

@faatal

if it not too much trouble, could we have an option to hide marked location on compass unless we track it?  

or lower the distance for it to show up on compass?

I'm one of those that label all high tier poi. Last alpha wasn't too bad, but for some reason, A19 I feel like the compass is always full, I can see marks from 1-2 towns over. And most of the time, mark location cover the quick way point.

NY4SIve.png

Sorry, I have other features to work on.

I was wondering how far ahead we will know when Alpha 19 will be released out of experimental because I want to take the weekend its released and i need to make sure i can let my boss  know before the schedule is made for the week Alpha 19 is released 

4 minutes ago, Bls_Nano said:

I was wondering how far ahead we will know when Alpha 19 will be released out of experimental because I want to take the weekend its released and i need to make sure i can let my boss  know before the schedule is made for the week Alpha 19 is released 

Just let him know the blood moon is imminent and you need to take at least 7 days to prepare when you know it will be here...😅

31 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

That's the entire point behind Nightmare speed; the zombies are supposed to be FASTER than the player. Well, they are supposed to be; only the biker zombie currently is.

and that is fine but bleed. Agility depends on bleed. On sprint you could proc bleed with one point into it making a quality 2 bone knife and that alone would be enough to slow all of the zeds, leaving you with spare points to further your bow or go into hidden strike. Nightmare you would think putting 2 points into bleed, which costs all of your points making a quality 3 bone knife would create the same effect. Its a jump when you also consider the difference in reach.

Pretty much you need RNG to get you the college jacket, the running shoes if they are still in, a constant supply of mega crushes equal to the amount of bikers you run into or you need to manipulate the pathing with traps until you can get the fire power to properly deal with them. 

A zed can be as fast or faster then me thats fine but if the skill points I put into don't counter that and create a way for me to get though the chaos for each class then this is why people will cling to nerd polling and go to lengths of playing on modded laggy servers to throw off pathing to beat this difficulty. I won't but 'people' will and have.

Wanted to drop a bit of feedback - may have missed this but 574 pages and MM hasn't commented on it, so figured I'd toss it out there.

Bow and (especially!) Crossbow have taken fairly significant quality-of-life hits this patch. With bow, it's more spammy-clicky now because after every arrow you need to ADS again, doubling the clicks per action on ADS and making it hard to use accurately when you're running around. 

I've completely dropped crossbow because of how awkward it is, despite it being my stealth weapon of choice in A18. Unlike bows, crossbows don't reload automatically, and it doesn't drop you out of ADS/Scope after the shot. That means you've TRIPLED the clicks per action for stealth users, while the sneak damage buff for bows removes the one advantage crossbow had - pretty much guaranteed one-shot head shots while sneaking - and doesn't touch its disadvantages; namely being ridiculously slow for more than one shot.

I can see two things that would at least bring it back into some sort of alignment with bow:

• Allow Crossbow to automatically reload in the same manner bows do. End result, after shot you drop from ADS and weapon reloads without intervention unless interrupted.
  • Allow Crossbow to automatically return to ADS if a reload is initiated FROM ADS. I would, completely honestly, prefer this less as it's the opposite of how bows handle.

Without some sort of change, Crossbow is really not worth getting. I don't say it's useless, because if I found a compound crossbow I'd sure use it over a wooden bow, but it is FAR more awkward to manage and provides no gameplay benefit at all.

1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

and that is fine but bleed. Agility depends on bleed. On sprint you could proc bleed with one point into it making a quality 2 bone knife and that alone would be enough to slow all of the zeds, leaving you with spare points to further your bow or go into hidden strike. Nightmare you would think putting 2 points into bleed, which costs all of your points making a quality 3 bone knife would create the same effect. Its a jump when you also consider the difference in reach.

Pretty much you need RNG to get you the college jacket, the running shoes if they are still in, a constant supply of mega crushes equal to the amount of bikers you run into or you need to manipulate the pathing with traps until you can get the fire power to properly deal with them. 

A zed can be as fast or faster then me thats fine but if the skill points I put into don't counter that and create a way for me to get though the chaos for each class then this is why people will cling to nerd polling and go to lengths of playing on modded laggy servers to throw off pathing to beat this difficulty. I won't but 'people' will and have.

I see. Perhaps if bleed caused a slow effect on zombies this issue could be solved.

4 minutes ago, bobross said:

Wanted to drop a bit of feedback - may have missed this but 574 pages and MM hasn't commented on it, so figured I'd toss it out there.

Bow and (especially!) Crossbow have taken fairly significant quality-of-life hits this patch. With bow, it's more spammy-clicky now because after every arrow you need to ADS again, doubling the clicks per action on ADS and making it hard to use accurately when you're running around. 

I've completely dropped crossbow because of how awkward it is, despite it being my stealth weapon of choice in A18. Unlike bows, crossbows don't reload automatically, and it doesn't drop you out of ADS/Scope after the shot. That means you've TRIPLED the clicks per action for stealth users, while the sneak damage buff for bows removes the one advantage crossbow had - pretty much guaranteed one-shot head shots while sneaking - and doesn't touch its disadvantages; namely being ridiculously slow for more than one shot.

I can see two things that would at least bring it back into some sort of alignment with bow:

• Allow Crossbow to automatically reload in the same manner bows do. End result, after shot you drop from ADS and weapon reloads without intervention unless interrupted.
  • Allow Crossbow to automatically return to ADS if a reload is initiated FROM ADS. I would, completely honestly, prefer this less as it's the opposite of how bows handle.

Without some sort of change, Crossbow is really not worth getting. I don't say it's useless, because if I found a compound crossbow I'd sure use it over a wooden bow, but it is FAR more awkward to manage and provides no gameplay benefit at all.

One of the reasons I didn't go with the crossbow during my last stealth run is because then and currently if you put a scope on any weapon, ADS and then sprint, your crosshairs remain and you're still zoomed in but the weapon disappears entirely. It's almost gotten me killed a few times and I hope this bug is addressed.

28 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I see. Perhaps if bleed caused a slow effect on zombies this issue could be solved.

I keep saying bleed and i mean deep cuts. It does cause slow in the first part of the skill, problem is it doesn't increase the slow till you have three points in at agility 5.

bleed.png

bleed.png

16 minutes ago, bobross said:

Have you tried the tier 3 compound crossbow? You are probably thinking it got nerfed but there is a new crossbow AFAIK. Its visuals are like the old for now I think, but it is a different named item.

1 hour ago, bobross said:

You are choosing to have this issue because you toggle ADS instead of holding it for a quick shot.

Scoped guns (and the CB) are not supposed to do what you suggest because then you could not see what you are hitting.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived