madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Before the latest patch, I was level 14.  After the patch, in the same game, I am level 1.  Did this happen to anyone else?  Any way to fix this?  Thanks.

Same here. Friend of mine died instantly on relog, and both my friends are level 1. We all were level 17, I still am.

Posted (edited)

New Game

New RWG Map

Yikes, having sever stutters with which the game will pause for a second or two when approaching POI in this new build b169 for the first time A19 got released.

Obviously something to do with the changed texture uploading.

Is there something I need to change in options.. ? - Set on HIGH since start of testing A19 but have been great up till now.

GTX 1080ti 11GB Vram

i7

8 GB Ram

* I imagine the principle is that the game loads in now the textures 'only' from the POI and direction I am facing at one given time then these stay in Vram. ?

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

totally borked update.  died upon opening and can't get out of the death screen without force quiting the game.

does anyone know if rolling back to b163 lets us back in our game?

8 hours ago, Lorca said:

Would like to have less animals, more zombies, and food in general to be more sustaining. I don't play this game to eat 500 cans of dog food.  I play it for the zombies and the looting and the building.  Wouldn't you prefer it if food was rare, but filled you up properly.  I cannot wrap my head around eating that much and then my stomach rumbling a minute later. I don't care if can are 'low tier' - it is still ridiculous eating that much.

Stop eating the worst food in the game and you won't have that problem.

Similar to what others posted.  Logged in with the update and am back to level 1.

But my land claim as well as my inventory and base are all intact. 

Guess I will be using the giveselfxp command to get back to level.

Dedicated server and the same to my wifes character as well.

Not fussing just sharing experience.... er well lack of that is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alpacko said:

Bandolier mod increases reload speed by 15% 

F

thats a Good thing!

it was 10%!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LewZephyr said:

Similar to what others posted.  Logged in with the update and am back to level 1.

Those that are having repercussions from previous save(s) its always the best idea to start a new game and new map with each new build.

Expect oddities if carrying on from a previous save file with experimental.

44 minutes ago, LewZephyr said:

Can you explain how you go about using that command?  Can I use that to give others on the serve the XP?  Thanks.

interesting zombie janitor i don't believe i've seen this zombie before just encountered him now 

23 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

thats a Good thing!

it was 10%!

it was 30% 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

interesting zombie janitor i don't believe i've seen this zombie before just encountered him now 

it was 30% 

Spoiler

oh

When you face swap Mike Wazowski and Sully Sullivan from monsters ...

• Like 1

Just now, Adam the Waster said:
  Hide contents

oh

When you face swap Mike Wazowski and Sully Sullivan from monsters ...

lol but i also thought 30% was way too op once you max out one of the gun trees so it gives you insane reload speed

@tfp staff too give some feedback the loot progression feels awesome it's nice not too just get a bunch of guns and like end game loot by day 14 you guys have done a great job with it as well as a whole lotta other stuff keep up with the good stuff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdzane said:

totally borked update.  died upon opening and can't get out of the death screen without force quiting the game.

does anyone know if rolling back to b163 lets us back in our game?

Are you trying to join a server that hasn't been updated?

Posted (edited)

Getting a lot of server stutter since the last update. Anyone else getting this issue?

Ryzen 7

2070 Super 

16Gb ram

I get big very erractic FPS jumps from 6 to 40 to 80 when im outoors or travelling

b169

Edited by PixelLife (see edit history)

Question to fellow forum users: is there a perk that I could have bought that would raise xp from destroying blocks using iron tools but not stone or steel?

I was mining iron and had a stone axe, iron pickaxe and steel pickaxe and none had mods. Destroying an iron block, the stone axe and steel pickaxe gave the same amount of iron and same xp. Using an iron pickaxe, I got the same amount of iron as the others but got about 30% more xp. I don’t know if it’s a bug or if I took a perk that could have caused this. Thanks in advance for any comments.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Question to fellow forum users: is there a perk that I could have bought that would raise xp from destroying blocks using iron tools but not stone or steel?

I was mining iron and had a stone axe, iron pickaxe and steel pickaxe and none had mods. Destroying an iron block, the stone axe and steel pickaxe gave the same amount of iron and same xp. Using an iron pickaxe, I got the same amount of iron as the others but got about 30% more xp. I don’t know if it’s a bug or if I took a perk that could have caused this. Thanks in advance for any comments.

no there isn't any perk that increases xp for mining you might have taken granpas learnin' elixir or something but my only thought is that you broke down more ore blocks because when you break down the ore block itself it kinda gives like a destruction bonus of a bit more xp i think

51 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

Can you explain how you go about using that command?  Can I use that to give others on the serve the XP?  Thanks.

its an admin command you do in the F1 console.   I do not know of a way to give xp to another player though.

giveselfxp => usage: giveselfxp 10000

1 hour ago, Jay_ombie said:

Those that are having repercussions from previous save(s) its always the best idea to start a new game and new map with each new build.

Expect oddities if carrying on from a previous save file with experimental.

Totally understand.  Just sharing my update experience.

Always expect oddities.

I do like where the loot progression is at, but we really need to get the traders and their quests in line. Not much use locking up the doors while leaving the windows open.

23 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Judging by the newest comments above, has a new patch been released? Or were they referring to b163?

Yes, new update B169! Also lost my game save when updated, but that`s fine, aren`t we supposed to start fresh game with every update anyways? :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Judging by the newest comments above, has a new patch been released? Or were they referring to b163?

last one was save game friendly. this one should have been too since it didnt do world gen changes

2 minutes ago, v3tro said:

Yes, new update B169! Also lost my game save when updated, but that`s fine, aren`t we supposed to start fresh game with every update anyways? :) 

Thanks! 🙂 Now I can restart... again. 😛

Breaking news: TFP will continue to release small weekly patches through the entirety of stable all the way until A20, with each update forcing you to restart. 😜

30 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Only thing that comes to mind is possibly the old "overhit" bonus code might still be getting triggered?

Used to be that you never wanted the last swing to have just the perfect amount of damage to finish the block, with no excess.

Example: if a pickaxe did exactly 100 hit points of damage then the bonus wouldn't get triggered mining full health 500HP stone or 600HP iron node.

so while not a big deal for regular dirt/clay/stone, for iron/coal/etc I'd simply punch it once so that the bonus would be triggered.

So, maybe, both the stone & steel put out damage that results in no overhit, while the iron one is overhitting.

Just a wag. If by chance your current tools/perks/etc wind up doing damages like that then a bug report would likely need some very particular info, like, "Hit #1 with Stone Axe on full health Iron node did X damage, leaving Iron node with X hps. #2 did X damage..."