Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

i got to say! 

i like the new zombies they added/Updated!

but i have to say! its kinda of a odd choice to me at least to add a Janitor! im not hating its just kinda odd!

while i would like to see a Generic zombie that looks like the crawler or even the Old nude walker, but this is fine to!

BTW love the new biker i want his helmet 

Spoiler

image.png.b1d536fc2c87518c42a61d69e3936606.png

7 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

+1

It looks so much better. Is the janitor a substitute for the zombie workers or is it an independent variant?

i did see a construction worker in stream! so i think its a new variant! same with new mechanic! 

maybe they replaced some of the other zombies like the football player!

(note: i could not find a pic of him)

Sidenote: there was also "tough guy Glasses" and they give plus 1 to fortitude! (i hope they make it a gasmask or a face mask!) *add corona joke here*

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Probably no dev will read this wall of text. Please use paragraphs to order your thoughts.

Before I stopped reading I saw you were commenting on the animals. Madmole already said they will be toned down on the next patch.

Indeed. It hurt my head.

1 hour ago, Xtrakicking said:

+1

It looks so much better. Is the janitor a substitute for the zombie workers or is it an independent variant?

From what I heard he is an addition. Hopefully they put him in the construction worker group so its not attack of the clones in the factories as much anymore.  :)

I like EVERYTHING, about this new V19, if I had to criticize something, mmm it would be that I do not like the new treasure help system, I would propose that this be left optional, it is too much help to those of us who play at high levels of difficulty and we don't mind spending hours looking for a good treasure. It doesn't a speed race ...

1 hour ago, KuriousTurtle said:

Question for the tech savvy people,

has anyone been able to get the game to run in g-sync/free sync mode without screen tearing?

I have had some major issues with having it on as well. It wouldn’t tear per se, but would flicker a lot in certain areas especially if it was cloudy or in the burnt biome or wasteland. I would even get major flickering in the loading screen. I just turn it off and it goes away. 

3 minutes ago, GoldsharkROU said:

I like EVERYTHING, about this new V19, if I had to criticize something, mmm it would be that I do not like the new treasure help system, I would propose that this be left optional, it is a lot of help to those of us who play at high levels of difficulty and we don't mind spending hours looking for a good treasure. It doesn't a speed race ...

I understand where you are coming from but it is a speed race on default settings.  Everything is a time management game leading up to each 7 day blood moon...Hopefully there will be more fun activities to do in the future instead of spending hours digging for treasure. :)

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Question: what does more damage from the get-go? A stealth shot with a stone spear to the head, or the x3.5 multiplier with a headshot with a primitive bow and stone arrows? Asking for science. :)

Stone spears hit really hard when thrown relative to their tech level.  I'm pretty certain that a stealth headshot stone spear does a great deal more damage than a stealth headshot primitive bow arrow.   Spear is a bit riskier though since you have a limited amount of spears to throw and it's shorter ranged.  But on the flip side spears can be recovered consistently with minimal durability damage and so they don't spend resources.

If you had infinite skill points and full mods on everything I'm pretty sure that steel spears are the best stealth weapon in the game if you are accurate and being accurate with them gets easier as you skill up spear skill since they travel faster and further.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

That's essentially what the design is. =P

As far as I can tell, all attributes are viable in melee and ranged. Even Intellect can work with either melee or ranged but it's a good bit more involved than club-go-thunk.

:).  Club go thonka thonka, stun baton go brrrrrrrr, junk turret go skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka.

well ... if it is a race against time to survive do not look for treasures !! save that for when you have time!

Well ... making it easier does not make it more fun, at least for me, if it were for that they would give us the exact place and I would not waste any time looking, you only dig at the point and that's it.
The tension of searching, knowing that a Z can appear at any time and @%$*#!ing everything is good for me from treasures, in addition to the race for your life when you find it! XD
But ok, "for tastes, the colors" as they say.

Hello To The Fun Pimps Staff,

Love the game with over 14,000 hours into it and modding it now for over 5 years I cannot break myself away from it.

Main complaint I have though is for some reason the players are able to Dup the vehicles. 

They tell me that they stop and park the vehicle.  Pick it up into their inventory and go off looting.

When they come back to the same area the vehicle is still there AND is still in their backpacks.

Said the vehicle was not there after they picked it up to go off looting but is surely there again when they come back.  

Here is the conversation I had just a little while ago:

<SeabeeMan> say how are they actually duping?
12:06 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:37 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: how are they actually duping?
12:07 <SeabeeMan> say do they dup on a reboot?
12:07 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:37 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: do they dup on a reboot?
12:07 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:37 Kos2soK: well i drive or fly out then stick it in my pack...when i loot then come back and they are in my pack and where i had them parked
12:07 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Kos2soK: i have my gyro on my roof and in my pack now
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 bullfrog37: oh, like the rubber band effect they had, except they dupe
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Kos2soK: anyone need a chopper?
12:08 <SeabeeMan> say so you pick it up in your pack and without a reboot or anything once you just come back to the area it is still there again
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: so you pick it up in your pack and without a reboot or anything once you just come back to the area it is still there again
12:08 <SeabeeMan> say Hmm strange
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: Hmm strange
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Kos2soK: yep thats it

Everyone on the server has a vehicle of some sort due to the players just give them away due to they get so many of them this way.  

It does not matter what vehicle it is.  They say it happens with all of them.

Hope this issue can be fixed,

Take care of yourselves,

SeabeeMan.....

From the Red Alliance Servers,  

Red Dusk,  Red Rising,  Red Factions

37 minutes ago, SeabeeMan said:

Love the game with over 14,000 hours into it and modding it now for over 5 years I cannot break myself away from it.

Main complaint I have though is for some reason the players are able to Dup the vehicles. 

They tell me that they stop and park the vehicle.  Pick it up into their inventory and go off looting.

When they come back to the same area the vehicle is still there AND is still in their backpacks.

Said the vehicle was not there after they picked it up to go off looting but is surely there again when they come back.  

12:06 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:37 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: how are they actually duping?
12:07 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:37 Kos2soK: well i drive or fly out then stick it in my pack...when i loot then come back and they are in my pack and where i had them parked
12:07 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Kos2soK: i have my gyro on my roof and in my pack now
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 bullfrog37: oh, like the rubber band effect they had, except they dupe
12:08 <SeabeeMan> say so you pick it up in your pack and without a reboot or anything once you just come back to the area it is still there again
12:08 <Bot27> Day 241, 04:51 Server: SeabeeMan-irc: so you pick it up in your pack and without a reboot or anything once you just come back to the area it is still there again

Everyone on the server has a vehicle of some sort due to the players just give them away due to they get so many of them this way.  

Take care of yourselves,

SeabeeMan.....

Yeah, I got 3 Gyros and 2 Bikes from this . Friend got a bunch of 4x4s. 

1 hour ago, SeabeeMan said:

Take care of yourselves,

SeabeeMan.....

This issue was happening in Alpha 18 as well, I believe the issue is with the vehicle manager code. Haven't dug into it but it seems if you place the vehicle, wait for the vehicle manager to save it's location then pick up the vehicle and leave the region before the next save cycle when you return to the region the vehicle manager loads the last save for the region and pop a new vehicle. Just my speculation from observations on my server. Had 1 motorcycle dupe 4 times over about a 6 hour period of looting/mining locations far from base.

New Game

New RWG Map

Yikes, having sever stutters with which the game will pause for a second or two when approaching POI in this new build b169 for the first time A19 got released.

Obviously something to do with the changed texture uploading.

Is there something I need to change in options.. ? - Set on HIGH since start of testing A19 but have been great up till now.

GTX 1080ti 11GB Vram

i7

8 GB Ram

* I imagine the principle is that the game loads in now the textures 'only' from the POI and direction I am facing at one given time then these stay in Vram. ?

8 hours ago, Lorca said:

Would like to have less animals, more zombies, and food in general to be more sustaining. I don't play this game to eat 500 cans of dog food.  I play it for the zombies and the looting and the building.  Wouldn't you prefer it if food was rare, but filled you up properly.  I cannot wrap my head around eating that much and then my stomach rumbling a minute later. I don't care if can are 'low tier' - it is still ridiculous eating that much.

Stop eating the worst food in the game and you won't have that problem.

Similar to what others posted.  Logged in with the update and am back to level 1.

But my land claim as well as my inventory and base are all intact. 

Guess I will be using the giveselfxp command to get back to level.

Dedicated server and the same to my wifes character as well.

Not fussing just sharing experience.... er well lack of that is.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived