Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

8 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

A19 is playing great, but, I think the game will evolve A LOT with the bandits, especially the ones with guns. Ranged combat will be a game changer for sure :) I really hope they get released in A20

i just hope they also make some special zombies so the game is not just "Bandits and WR" 

i don't want 7DTD to become Call of duty survival warfare. ya know!

Also Mm said A20 would not be that Massive! i think

8 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

where do you even find it? a POI?

i went to a fire house and i just saw a White river flag

I thought I read somewhere it was added. Maybe when I skimmed the patch notes? Haven’t come across it in the world yet. 

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i just hope they also make some special zombies so the game is not just "Bandits and WR" 

i don't want 7DTD to become Call of duty survival warfare. ya know!

I'm sure they will be loyal to the zombie survival genre, bandits will only provide the ranged combat that any post apocalyptic game should have.
It will make some intense and unpredictable moments, like a zombie horde coming in the middle of a battle against bandits, making you decide: which threat is bigger? you should run and make them fight the horde? they have you pinned down in a house? can you kill them all because you're Rambo? it's pretty fun IMO.

-IMO STANDS FOR "IN MY OPINION"

3 hours ago, JamesKirk said:

Oh faatal...

have you ever flown a plane or helicopter? Me not, too, but I've got experience flying model aircraft and helis (not drones).

I can tell you, a helicopter is much more complicated to fly than a plane (what a gyrocopter is basically, just without wings).

You can stear only 3 axes at once flying a plane, but 4 with a helicopter. Flying a heli you have to compensate every action with

the tail rotor. E.g. you want to climb you have to compensate the increasing torque with the tail rotor, same when diving (decrease).

The faster you fly the more you have to compensate with the collective pitch for the rotorblade running reverse to flight direction loses

it's aerodynamic lift. All this doesn't happen flying an airplane.

The only advantage is the VTOL capability.

Yes, I know how complicated helicopters are in real life. What game players want is something that hovers and they can point it in different directions and move. Basically the same thing as god mode flying we already have in the game. Forward/Back/Strafe/Up/Down the end. That is what our helicopter will be like, not something from Flight Simulator. Probably have some inertial to it, so it drifts around and is not super easy to fly. Just easy and certainly easier than the gyro, making it an upgrade.

13 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

yeah, noticed that some animals aren't interacting with zombie like they used to. deer, rabbit and chickens still run. wolves and bears kill deer, havent seen a reg wolf near a zed yet, but dire wolves might as well be zombie pets.

10 hours ago, faatal said:

Same as A18.

Regarding animal and zombie integration, I can understand why animals ignore zombies as rotten meat is much like a walking corpse and not many animals will touch tainted meat (unless starving) but zombies on animals is another matter and I would have thought they be ripping into animals given the chance for there flesh (as its alive).

So maybe zombies should attack 'all' animals that are in close vicinity. Not to chase them indefinitely but when in close range chase and attack if possible.. ?

1 minute ago, Trankitas said:

I'm sure they will be loyal to the zombie survival genre, bandits will only provide the ranged combat that any post apocalyptic game should have.
It will make some intense and unpredictable moments, like a zombie horde coming in the middle of a battle against bandits, making you decide: which threat is bigger? you should run and make them fight the horde? they have you pinned down in a house? can you kill them all because you're Rambo? it's pretty fun IMO.

-IMO STANDS FOR "IN MY OPINION"

Agree!

it will add danger but i don't want the end game to be just bandits/WR

you should go like this if a bandit comes. "Oh crap!"

not just them throwing themselfs at you! like if 100000000000 people are still alive!

1 minute ago, faatal said:

Yes, I know how complicated helicopters are in real life. What game players want is something that hovers and they can point it in different directions and move. Basically the same thing as god mode flying we already have in the game. Forward/Back/Strafe/Up/Down the end. That is what our helicopter will be like, not something from Flight Simulator. Probably have some inertial to it, so it drifts around and is not super easy to fly. Just easy and certainly easier than the gyro, making it an upgrade.

maybe something like this

Spoiler

The Journey I took becoming a Helicopter Pilot in Alaska: Ten ...

9 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Agree!

it will add danger but i don't want the end game to be just bandits/WR

you should go like this if a bandit comes. "Oh crap!"

not just them throwing themselfs at you! like if 100000000000 people are still alive!

Exactly! After all, almost everyone turned into Z's... I'm sure TFP will balance their spawn really nice.

It would be cool that, the more you use firearms, more chance for bandits to spawn. If you go guns blazing 24/7 you could attract their attention

ALSO: it would be cool if not every bandit attacked you in-sight, maybe they could rob you, or just talk to you, maybe ask you for help, that way you couldn't always know their intentions

2 minutes ago, Bird Nerd said:

Does the collision system in A20 mean that there will be visual damage to vehicles when they crash into objects? Or does that just have to do with the ISS for vehicles (burst tire, damaged radiator, etc.)?

i hope they bring back "assembling vehicles" back!

so you got to worry about, Car battery, Gas, heath!

and when you place down the vehicle you need to put on the tiers, Gas, battery, radiator and engine 

they can be damaged and the better the parts (like engines) the better the car or whatever!)

plus People could try to steal the parts of the car!, and you need a Wrench, Rachet or Impact driver to repair it!

@madmole Will some of the books be locked behind lootstage in a future patch as well? I've opened up quite a few Crack-A-Book boxes in a creative test world to observe some of the loot tables, and I got the books to craft M60 machine guns, steel clubs, etc. which I feel the player shouldn't be finding until later in the game.

Nice job on the Crack-A-Book box loot table by the way; I spawned in and opened well over 50 of them, and only a few of them contained polymers/paper.

Also, again I feel like I need to bring this up. What you've done with the new loot tables is excellent, but after opening up dozens of bookstore and car parts boxes I didn't get a forge schematic, not even once. Maybe it was poor RNG, but even then, I feel like that shouldn't happen. I just find it strange that one of the more important early game schematics is one of the rarest to find in the game, given the (what I assume to be) lower probability of it spawning, and the fact that one of the only locations where forges can spawn naturally are at traders, and with the reduced chance to find the schematics in them...

Perhaps buffing the chance quite a bit of finding the forge schematic in book piles/boxes/etc. and/or car parts boxes would be a good call. It's currently the only recipe where on average, if you want a forge within the first week or two, that the game typically forces you into purchasing the perk alternative. (Either this, or buffing the chance of traders selling an actual forge could be a good idea as well?) Now I wouldn't be pointing this out if the other workstations weren't located so commonly throughout the world within POI's, especially workbenches.

5 hours ago, Syrex said:

Captured my d77 (set to every 7 days, warrior difficulty, 24 zeds per player, max alive 100, bm zeds set to jog) horde nite. I was lvl 98 (gs 208) when i started. I'm quite confused cuz in the original video I uploaded I could hear myself and could barely hear the other player that was in discord with me, yet when i watched the processed youtube video I cant hear me but the other player is magnified (so this is somewhat of a warning lol). The fight was intense, I enjoyed every minute, even when the cops acid knocked out one of my power relays almost right off the bat. I've corrected (i think) that issue for the next horde nite. Demolishers made their presence more apparent this nite. The AI had some questionable tactics in parts. And zeds, dont care too much about "dirt" - tested against my a18 theory and it seems still a thing.

Hide contents

What are the ugly terrain blobs for? What is supporting your auto turret platforms, the terrain?

1 hour ago, Xtrakicking said:

Hey, so does anybody else think they've gone a bit overboard with the dire wolves? Day 4 and I've seen more dire wolves than crawlers. They're absolutely everywhere.

Yes, it is a mess. I've completely rebalanced it twice since release, it is getting a nerf, but we need time to test it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just now, Trankitas said:

Exactly! After all, almost everyone turned into Z's... I'm sure TFP will balance their spawn really nice.

It would be cool that, the more you use firearms, more chance for bandits to spawn. If you go guns blazing 24/7 you could attract their attention

that and maybe some Patrols, Random events, caravans could also spawn them!

Spoiler

now maybe there could Be

survivors: friendly, will attack if you attack them, can trade but have limited dukes (like in fallout) some can be hired at white river camps, and you can help/save them to get some rewards!

Bandits: they are just some no body that want to raid and pillage, they attack everyone! they are also not the most armed! at best a bow or crossbow

White river: they start as friendly but if you side with the duke they will attack you! they have more classes like heavy, bomber etc and are better armed!

Dukes men/(whatever they are called): they are hostile but you can side with them! also have classes like Heavy, Bomber. and are just as armed as a White river!  

(those Human zombie people Madmole talk about): they uses melee weapons but can use bows! from everything to Stone axes up to steel hammers! (even stuff you can't use like bones, pipes, and sticks)

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

@madmole Will some of the books be locked behind lootstage in a future patch as well? I've opened up quite a few Crack-A-Book boxes in a creative test world to observe some of the loot tables, and I got the books to craft M60 machine guns, steel clubs, etc. which I feel the player shouldn't be finding until later in the game.

Nice job on the Crack-A-Book box loot table by the way; I spawned in and opened well over 50 of them, and only a few of them contained polymers/paper.

They already are but I don't know the specifics. Gazz did it.

1 minute ago, unlike them said:

I think fire in A19 is a downgrade. When I used molotov for the first time (A17?) my jaw dropped, it was that awesome, maybe best fire effect in videogames. Why did you need to change it?

i disagree with that!

IMO it looks better! (unless it was a Graphics thing) 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:55 AM, Marinxar said:

You start in primitive stage. Yes, some things still need to be tuned, especially traders still have stock of items from higher stages.

At GS 12 you go over to the next stage, you start getting basic pistols etc

At GS 52 you hit next stage , and start getting some good loot

At GS 92 you get access to the entire loot table.

there shouldn't be a primitive stage at all, as far as loot goes. you make stone tools because you woke up naked in a field. civilized humans use real tools and real weapons. the "primitive" stage makes sense in a game like ARK, where you're literally a neanderthal waking up in the stone age. in a modern setting it's totally immersion shattering to raid a military base and find a stash of b-busses and wooden clubs. and it makes looting a worthless endeavor at early game stages, which is the primary draw for a lot of players, me included.

OK .. Who came up with the Stupid idea of changing the .. 

ARCH with Glass .. the black was perfect for running 2 different direction.

Now we can not run it in 2 direction ..... PLEASE put the Black version back in .. OR .. give us the Option at least.

Thank You

7 Days to Die Screenshot.png

On 7/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, Tmodloader said:

What if they tuned down the ammo drops but made it very likely in shotgun messiah crates even at low GS? That would make them feel more gun related at least.

i'd be down with that, but my main problem is a gunstore should have guns, or at least gun parts. if gun parts were more common and i had to spec into making them, i'd be ok with that too, but as it is looting pois is considerably less useful than before. it sucks.

6 minutes ago, gurutar said:

i'd be down with that, but my main problem is a gunstore should have guns, or at least gun parts. if gun parts were more common and i had to spec into making them, i'd be ok with that too, but as it is looting pois is considerably less useful than before. it sucks.

I think certain POIs should have a modifier on certain loot containers to increase the GS of the loot inside. For instance, the top of the hospital POI loot containers.

Actually on 2nd thought I'm sure some people exploit that and the devs don't want to deal with that, so I'm not sure the solution after all, my mistake. Still certain containers should be better than other more easily accessible ones. 

35 minutes ago, madmole said:

What are the ugly terrain blobs for? What is supporting your auto turret platforms, the terrain?

Yes, it is a mess. I've completely rebalanced it twice since release, it is getting a nerf, but we need time to test it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am assuming he is using the terrain blocks because they are more resistant to explosions?  Just going off memory and would need to verify.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived