Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

8 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Stone tools would be super easy to spam craft until you get a "good roll". That would be the dumbest design ever.

That was Alpha 11. It even had a +/- 50 randomizer to spice it up even more. It was the dawn of spam crafting for this game. 

2 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

yeah, noticed that some animals aren't interacting with zombie like they used to. deer, rabbit and chickens still run. wolves and bears kill deer, havent seen a reg wolf near a zed yet, but dire wolves might as well be zombie pets.

Same as A18.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Stone tools would be super easy to spam craft until you get a "good roll". That would be the dumbest design ever.

Well, in everything you do, you get better doing it. If I make a leather belt for the first time, it will suck. If I make the 100th belt, it will be shop quality.

2 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

also, they said something about writable storage? how is that done. I don't see the option.

You need to craft the "Storage box" then keep R pressed to select alternative shapes: the writable storage box is the second one.

After you place it keep E pressed on it and select the "write" option. You're welcome.

Whole "Re-wildization" is pretty cool. Even on day 10 visiting trader and there is  a bear infront of traders entrance :) Come up with a plan to pull him away and run so I can get to the trader. One of better probably non intended effects to the gameplay. I really like it when I see these beasts and making decisions of type fight or flight. In my opinion it adds to the game immersion ( I am Legend feel ) - the only downside is lots of meat ( although currently I am at boiled meat so not that OP, for other recipes you need veggies or eggs anyways ).

Hope this predators will remain in the game and not only occurring at night every 9 days or so.

Captured my d77 (set to every 7 days, warrior difficulty, 24 zeds per player, max alive 100, bm zeds set to jog) horde nite. I was lvl 98 (gs 208) when i started. I'm quite confused cuz in the original video I uploaded I could hear myself and could barely hear the other player that was in discord with me, yet when i watched the processed youtube video I cant hear me but the other player is magnified (so this is somewhat of a warning lol). The fight was intense, I enjoyed every minute, even when the cops acid knocked out one of my power relays almost right off the bat. I've corrected (i think) that issue for the next horde nite. Demolishers made their presence more apparent this nite. The AI had some questionable tactics in parts. And zeds, dont care too much about "dirt" - tested against my a18 theory and it seems still a thing.

Spoiler

These animal spawns are awesome, made a new fresh build and wow, it is cruel world. Taking away a bear to 5 HP and you hear the roar of another 2, 10 blocks away is adrenaline. Couldn`t survive, but did I loved it ? Hell yeah. 

I know there should be a bit of a balance, its new good idea and we will get the best of it.

Read really good stories from you guys, can`t wait to go further.

7 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

like I said, it was the dire wolf. and yeah I see zombies attacking. but not the dire wolf attacking.

also, they said something about writable storage? how is that done. I don't see the option.

here you go.
QA Tester-unholyjoe

A19.0_2020-07-13_07-23-09.jpg

A19.0_2020-07-13_07-24-57.jpg

I see a lot of people not getting through these steps. Perhaps add a extra starter quest that will take people through the context menu usage as well ?

9 hours ago, faatal said:

A more flyable gyrocopter is a helicopter, which I hope to someday add to the game.

Oh faatal...

have you ever flown a plane or helicopter? Me not, too, but I've got experience flying model aircraft and helis (not drones).

I can tell you, a helicopter is much more complicated to fly than a plane (what a gyrocopter is basically, just without wings).

You can stear only 3 axes at once flying a plane, but 4 with a helicopter. Flying a heli you have to compensate every action with

the tail rotor. E.g. you want to climb you have to compensate the increasing torque with the tail rotor, same when diving (decrease).

The faster you fly the more you have to compensate with the collective pitch for the rotorblade running reverse to flight direction loses

it's aerodynamic lift. All this doesn't happen flying an airplane.

The only advantage is the VTOL capability.

8 hours ago, Gazz said:

Someone suggested mentioning the variable stats in a starting screen hint, because new users won't check iron age item stats after seeing no changes in stone age items.

1 minute ago, Xtrakicking said:

Hey, so does anybody else think they've gone a bit overboard with the dire wolves? Day 4 and I've seen more dire wolves than crawlers. They're absolutely everywhere.

It's getting tuned still.  MM mentioned how the next iteration will be like a couple pages back.

Archived