Third A19 world now.  SP, default settings.  Went to Day 30 and Day 50 in the first two and I'm on Day 21 in my current.  

I'm liking most things about A19 but I feel strongly that there should be less stone tools and more weapon/tool parts.  Parts are too scarce to waste them crafting a tier 2/3/4 weapon so I'm hording what parts I do find as well as buying cheap guns to scrap and still I'm level 5 in my chosen weapon long before I accumulate enough parts to actually craft one.  Seems like a waste to have a multi-tier system for crafting weapons with parts this scarce.

Possible tweaks...make parts more plentiful, ie: replacing stone tools in loot tables with parts...

...or allow us to craft weapon parts as we perk into our chosen tree.

In Pimps We Trust!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will it ever be possible to place a hatch over an empty block or will we always need to put a ladder in for the hatch to stay in place?

I'd like a quiet drop down in my supply base, rather the being forced out of stealth to drop down a level.

Also frames.  If I've turned a frame into a ramp and go to pick it up while my inventory is full *but I still have 1 frame ramp on my tool bar*, I'm told "inventory is full"  So in order to get the frame back into my inventory I have to turn the ramp on my toolbar back to a square block, and then I can pick the ramp I laid down back up.

Is this intended or a bug?

Edited by Darthjake
specify what type of frame I have on tool bar (see edit history)

agreed, day 35 and I barely found enough parts to make a single blue steel pickaxe. in a 3 man game. enough pistol parts to make a single yellow 9mm, and enough rifle parts for 1 yellow rifle. but enough sledges and robotic parts to make 5 blue junk turrets

so, still feels like the gamestage of the party affects the zeds you fight, but still doesnt give the equivalent loot list of the gamestage you are fighting.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)
4 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

Will it ever be possible to place a hatch over an empty block or will we always need to put a ladder in for the hatch to stay in place?

In A18, you could put a plate block down to support it.  I don't know if a sheet block would work as I never tried.

Edit: On an adjacent area, just to be more clear.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)
7 hours ago, gurutar said:

day 10, hundreds and hundreds of bullets and a belt of guns... and i'm still finding almost only wooden spears and clubs in Shotgun Messiah crates. i had to buy all my guns because they don't exist in early game. lots and lots of bullets though.

What if they tuned down the ammo drops but made it very likely in shotgun messiah crates even at low GS? That would make them feel more gun related at least.

1 minute ago, Tmodloader said:

What if they tuned down the ammo drops but made it very likely in shotgun messiah crates even at low GS? That would make them feel more gun related at least.

I think once they get the Tier-0 "pipe weapons" for each firearm, things should feel a bit more realistic.

35 minutes ago, Ezed said:

I'm liking most things about A19 but I feel strongly that there should be less stone tools and more weapon/tool parts.  Parts are too scarce to waste them crafting a tier 2/3/4 weapon so I'm hording what parts I do find as well as buying cheap guns to scrap and still I'm level 5 in my chosen weapon long before I accumulate enough parts to actually craft one.  Seems like a waste to have a multi-tier system for crafting weapons with parts this scarce.

What I read is:  The cost difference between high and low QL is trivial so crafting a low QL item is pointless.

And parts do drop before "their" weapons can drop.

Edited by Gazz (see edit history)

To be fair in every run I've played (A18) If a weapon needed parts I'd wait to only craft the highest tier because of the scarcity even then. The higher cost you can't afford to take into account because it's not like you have an option of what quality to craft.

17 minutes ago, Gazz said:

What I read is:  The cost difference between high and low QL is trivial so crafting a low QL item is pointless.

I'm actually enjoying the loot progression now myself.  Getting my first pistol... was a great feeling.  Then, I perked into it and created a level 3 pistol, found a level 4 later and then just last night, found a level 6 and I'm level 39.  Its day 27 and there are 6 people playing.  The only thing we haven't found yet is a crucible.  I assumed we'd have found it by now, but decided to perk into it but need three more levels to do so.

Basically, what I'm saying is, for the most part, the loot progression has worked out pretty good and people (on my server) aren't complaining about it.  It gives us something to look forward to and goals.  Its not perfect, could use some tweaks (Such as, it seems better to just find guns than craft them for the most part), but I've already seen them being discussed here, so... looking good!

I'd like to see a feature where weapons/tools eventually can't be repaired as once you have a tier 6 of whatever... there's getting the loot, breaking down the parts, selling them, etc... just isn't very fulfilling.  Maybe that is an M word thing instead.  Anyway, we've been enjoying the game more than ever.

35 minutes ago, Gazz said:

At the moment I often see weapon chests have multiple stacks of 2-4 weapon parts in them (4 player co-op at day 13, so probably we are in loot-tier1), while they were almost unseen in tier0 stone age. If such parts were dropping in stone-age, but only in stacks of 1 weapon part and only slowly rising, a 3 part difference for each quality step would make a big difference.

EDIT: No wait, I take that back, tier1 weapons should not normally be craftable in the stone age already. Maybe tier1 should start with for example 6 weapon parts.

Naturally you would also have to be able to craft the quality you have parts for, not only the quality you theoretically could.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
6 hours ago, LilMissNorti said:

We've had football players on our A19 exp run...maybe you just haven't found them yet

6 hours ago, max2k said:

they are not gone you game stage is only to low.

I thought they said they had removed them this Alpha which is why I'd said that. Waiting on stable to update and play.

9 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

I thought they said they had removed them this Alpha which is why I'd said that. Waiting on stable to update and play.

They have not i now seen Spiders (i think only in wandering horde), Strippers, Shellsys (Chearleaders), Bikers, Football jocks, Cops. Did not see them at start they appered one after another with rising game stage. Ok to be serious i did see them before Animal Flood now i only see dire woves and bears outside of POI's xD. And if you in a POI a bear will come knocking "I am the main Feature of 163b and want attention. NOW!!!"

Edited by max2k (see edit history)
59 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

Use a wood fence in place of the ladder for a drop. If the upgraded appearance isn't to you're liking and you don't want to paint it, a wood plate on the same level as the hatch also should work (you attach the hatch to the plate) instead.

12 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

They are working on new stripper model with LBD, and showed concept art during dev stream.

1 hour ago, Darthjake said:

The hatch just needs something to attach too.  You can place them on any block, which basically what ladder is.  like ppl have said put down plate to attach it to.

9 minutes ago, Dethar said:

They are working on new stripper model with LBD, and showed concept art during dev stream.

The hatch just needs something to attach too.  You can place them on any block, which basically what ladder is.  like ppl have said put down plate to attach it to.

Rick in the last dev stream mentioned he thinks at least more hd zeds will make it into A19.

Biker

Party Girl (replace stripper)

Mechanic (new addition?)

Greetings,

Maybe this has been answered somewhere already, I can't say:

Do the Fun Pimps plan to improve the built-in Random World Generator further, up to the point where you will be able to choose the amount of mountains, biomes, map border, water etc. and choose between respective types (e.g. rivers, seas, hills, canyons, etc.)?

For a long time, I have been using NitroGen for random world generation, but now that I'm playing A19, I have tried the built-in RWG again, and I'm admittedly torn between the two. NitroGen creates very nice wilderness and landscape maps, but, for my taste, falls short when creating towns and cities. I feel that these are much better integrated into the vanilla RWG-made maps. NitroGen also lacks the bridge and biome-specific POI placement logic I value in the vanilla RWG. (It's still a great tool, no doubt about that.)

Do you have plans for doing something similar to NitroGen with the RWG?

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

In A18, you could put a plate block down to support it.  I don't know if a sheet block would work as I never tried.

Edit: On an adjacent area, just to be more clear.

That worked perfectly, as I see other people have said as well.  I put the plate down next to the block and the hatch went over the hole just fine, and then I was able to remove the plate and the hatch stayed in place and worked.

Thanks to all that responded!

32 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Rick in the last dev stream mentioned he thinks at least more hd zeds will make it into A19.

Biker

Party Girl (replace stripper)

Mechanic (new addition?)

I don't know about the 2 but he said Bushiness man and party girl! ill name her the Zombie Lin!

NM! i went through and they talk about it! sorry Laz!

image.png.f31eb1ba24cbc1ccd57fc3d3187ac857.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dc2c6cb75e086b2affeaf9c300496947.png

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Dethar said:

We were talking about the Football Player zombie, not the Stripper.

7 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

That worked perfectly, as I see other people have said as well.  I put the plate down next to the block and the hatch went over the hole just fine, and then I was able to remove the plate and the hatch stayed in place and worked.

Thanks to all that responded!

Careful walking on top of it, unsupported hatches have a tendency to break.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

the Dev stream that they are doing know or the old ones?

The original question I had replied to a couple pages back was asking about which zombies have armor. Football players, Military, Biker and Demos do but I was of the understanding that the football player zombie had been removed for A19 and said as much. @LilMissNorti and @max2k mentioned that they have encountered them in A19 so apparently the football player zombies are still in currently.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)
3 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

The original question I had replied to a couple pages back was asking about which zombies have armor. Football players, Military, Biker and Demos do but I was of the understanding that the football player zombie had been removed for A19 and said as much. @LilMissNorti and @max2k mentioned that they have encountered them in A19 so apparently the football player zombies are still in currently.

I've encountered quite a few football players as well, so yes, they are still around at least for now.

• Thanks 1

Checking out the new exp patch. I like the fact that predatory animals spawn during the day again. However, can the dire wolves be game staged during day hours? I'm level 3 now and I've already came across 3 and a bear during the day. 2 of the dire wolves were together. No regular wolves yet. Did the dire wolves get a hp buff too?

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic