Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

35 minutes ago, Gazz said:

What I read is:  The cost difference between high and low QL is trivial so crafting a low QL item is pointless.

And parts do drop before "their" weapons can drop.

At the moment I often see weapon chests have multiple stacks of 2-4 weapon parts in them (4 player co-op at day 13, so probably we are in loot-tier1), while they were almost unseen in tier0 stone age. If such parts were dropping in stone-age, but only in stacks of 1 weapon part and only slowly rising, a 3 part difference for each quality step would make a big difference.

EDIT: No wait, I take that back, tier1 weapons should not normally be craftable in the stone age already. Maybe tier1 should start with for example 6 weapon parts.

Naturally you would also have to be able to craft the quality you have parts for, not only the quality you theoretically could.

6 hours ago, LilMissNorti said:

We've had football players on our A19 exp run...maybe you just haven't found them yet

6 hours ago, max2k said:

they are not gone you game stage is only to low.

I thought they said they had removed them this Alpha which is why I'd said that. Waiting on stable to update and play.

9 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

I thought they said they had removed them this Alpha which is why I'd said that. Waiting on stable to update and play.

They have not i now seen Spiders (i think only in wandering horde), Strippers, Shellsys (Chearleaders), Bikers, Football jocks, Cops. Did not see them at start they appered one after another with rising game stage. Ok to be serious i did see them before Animal Flood now i only see dire woves and bears outside of POI's xD. And if you in a POI a bear will come knocking "I am the main Feature of 163b and want attention. NOW!!!"

59 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

Will it ever be possible to place a hatch over an empty block or will we always need to put a ladder in for the hatch to stay in place?

Use a wood fence in place of the ladder for a drop. If the upgraded appearance isn't to you're liking and you don't want to paint it, a wood plate on the same level as the hatch also should work (you attach the hatch to the plate) instead.

12 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

They are working on new stripper model with LBD, and showed concept art during dev stream.

1 hour ago, Darthjake said:

Will it ever be possible to place a hatch over an empty block or will we always need to put a ladder in for the hatch to stay in place?

The hatch just needs something to attach too.  You can place them on any block, which basically what ladder is.  like ppl have said put down plate to attach it to.

9 minutes ago, Dethar said:

They are working on new stripper model with LBD, and showed concept art during dev stream.

The hatch just needs something to attach too.  You can place them on any block, which basically what ladder is.  like ppl have said put down plate to attach it to.

Rick in the last dev stream mentioned he thinks at least more hd zeds will make it into A19.

Biker

Party Girl (replace stripper)

Mechanic (new addition?)

Greetings,

Maybe this has been answered somewhere already, I can't say:

Do the Fun Pimps plan to improve the built-in Random World Generator further, up to the point where you will be able to choose the amount of mountains, biomes, map border, water etc. and choose between respective types (e.g. rivers, seas, hills, canyons, etc.)?

For a long time, I have been using NitroGen for random world generation, but now that I'm playing A19, I have tried the built-in RWG again, and I'm admittedly torn between the two. NitroGen creates very nice wilderness and landscape maps, but, for my taste, falls short when creating towns and cities. I feel that these are much better integrated into the vanilla RWG-made maps. NitroGen also lacks the bridge and biome-specific POI placement logic I value in the vanilla RWG. (It's still a great tool, no doubt about that.)

Do you have plans for doing something similar to NitroGen with the RWG?

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

In A18, you could put a plate block down to support it.  I don't know if a sheet block would work as I never tried.

Edit: On an adjacent area, just to be more clear.

That worked perfectly, as I see other people have said as well.  I put the plate down next to the block and the hatch went over the hole just fine, and then I was able to remove the plate and the hatch stayed in place and worked.

Thanks to all that responded!

32 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Rick in the last dev stream mentioned he thinks at least more hd zeds will make it into A19.

Biker

Party Girl (replace stripper)

Mechanic (new addition?)

I don't know about the 2 but he said Bushiness man and party girl! ill name her the Zombie Lin!

NM! i went through and they talk about it! sorry Laz!

image.png.f31eb1ba24cbc1ccd57fc3d3187ac857.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dc2c6cb75e086b2affeaf9c300496947.png

33 minutes ago, Dethar said:

We were talking about the Football Player zombie, not the Stripper.

7 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

That worked perfectly, as I see other people have said as well.  I put the plate down next to the block and the hatch went over the hole just fine, and then I was able to remove the plate and the hatch stayed in place and worked.

Thanks to all that responded!

Careful walking on top of it, unsupported hatches have a tendency to break.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

the Dev stream that they are doing know or the old ones?

The original question I had replied to a couple pages back was asking about which zombies have armor. Football players, Military, Biker and Demos do but I was of the understanding that the football player zombie had been removed for A19 and said as much. @LilMissNorti and @max2k mentioned that they have encountered them in A19 so apparently the football player zombies are still in currently.

3 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

The original question I had replied to a couple pages back was asking about which zombies have armor. Football players, Military, Biker and Demos do but I was of the understanding that the football player zombie had been removed for A19 and said as much. @LilMissNorti and @max2k mentioned that they have encountered them in A19 so apparently the football player zombies are still in currently.

I've encountered quite a few football players as well, so yes, they are still around at least for now.

Checking out the new exp patch. I like the fact that predatory animals spawn during the day again. However, can the dire wolves be game staged during day hours? I'm level 3 now and I've already came across 3 and a bear during the day. 2 of the dire wolves were together. No regular wolves yet. Did the dire wolves get a hp buff too?

4 minutes ago, falloutcloud said:

Checking out the new exp patch. I like the fact that predatory animals spawn during the day again. However, can the dire wolves be game staged during day hours? I'm level 3 now and I've already came across 3 and a bear during the day. 2 of the dire wolves were together. No regular wolves yet. Did the dire wolves get a hp buff too?

Animal spawns will be tweaked in the next patch most likely.

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Animal spawns will be tweaked in the next patch most likely.

It is definitely challenging to take on a dire wolf with primitive weapons. I think I usually had at least a pistol if not a shotgun before I came across one.

(edit) very helpful that I can make a blunderbuss without a workbench and a few simple easy to find items.

Even though I have died like 4 times in the latest build (released Friday) to wild life compared to zero since A19 first released I kind of liked the added danger of large predators out there and makes an added element to survival...

So reading what MM has planned we could be going back to seeing predators only at night and in the day time solitary Chickens and Rabbits will rule the earth.

I do understand that once guns come into play i.e. AK47 ... nothing moves for long in the day or night and meat is then back on the menu BOI'S in abundance. May I propose the idea that dangerous animals spawn in accordance to player level and the higher the level the player is, the less meat (meat can be contaminated or something) the animal gives away to counteract the meat issue.

8 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Even though I have died like 4 times in the latest build (released Friday) to wild life compared to zero since A19 first released I kind of liked the added danger of large predators out there and makes an added element to survival...

So reading what MM has planned we could be going back to seeing predators only at night and in the day time solitary Chickens and Rabbits will rule the earth.

I do understand that once guns come into play i.e. AK47 ... nothing moves for long in the day or night and meat is then back on the menu BOI'S in abundance. May I propose the idea that dangerous animals spawn in accordance to player level and the higher the level the player is, the less meat (meat can be contaminated or something) the animal gives away to counteract the meat issue.

I like the added danger as well but maybe allow wolves to spawn on day 1 and then dire wolves to spawn at night or a higher game stage.

Wondering if stats or mod slots should be flattened or reduced on lower tier weapons, I'm finding that my T5-6 primitive tools are better than the first T1-3 iron equipment finds, especially if I've managed to find a decent suite of mods for them, which I can't even transfer to the new gear. Same goes when I start upgrading from T2 to T3 equipment, sometimes more since I have many mods by that point that I can't utilize on the new gear.

53 minutes ago, falloutcloud said:

I like the added danger as well but maybe allow wolves to spawn on day 1 and then dire wolves to spawn at night or a higher game stage.

That is just forest that the spawn ar night. All other bioms will have threat all times.

39 minutes ago, Vintorez said:

Wondering if stats or mod slots should be flattened or reduced on lower tier weapons, I'm finding that my T5-6 primitive tools are better than the first T1-3 iron equipment finds, especially if I've managed to find a decent suite of mods for them, which I can't even transfer to the new gear. Same goes when I start upgrading from T2 to T3 equipment, sometimes more since I have many mods by that point that I can't utilize on the new gear.

That's intended, an extremely well made carved stone axe made by a master craftsman very well might be better than a crappy Chinesium axe where the head flies off every time you swing it

I think the bigger issue is Ratchet vs Impact Driver. I got a level 6 ratchet fairly early on, and it utterly blew away all the impact drivers I found even level 4+ ones. I have a level 6 Impact Driver now and I honestly am not sure if it's better than my Ratchet. It takes more stamina, and takes the exact same number of hits to break cars and stuff. Even with both fully modded the only thing I've noticed the Impact Driver can do is break a leather office chair in 1 hit instead of leaving it with 7 health

I've been using them side by side, and it's essentially a pure side grade / down grade to go to the impact driver. Maybe at higher levels of the salvage perk the impact driver pulls ahead, but with 1 point in Salvage there's not really any benefit to the Impact Driver as both attack at the same speed so it's the exact same time to break stuff down, the impact just hits your stamina harder. I think it needs more block damage so it can take out a car or something in at least 1 less hit. 

image.png.6e78bbd968d45aa03ee9685a7226b9aa.png

vs

ptBOv4v.png

Archived