madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

I started a new game, on day one I avoided 2 bears and a direwolf, found me a blunderbuss, killed a puma in the winter biome, found the trader and went hunting again. Got cocky so I attacked a direwolf. While fighing it and winning the "battle", a pack of 3 wolves attacked me ( probably direwolf pups lol ), so I kited them around barely survived, mostly by lucky hits with a stone sledgehammer, down to 25 HP and sprained leg. So I crippled back to my chest next to a trader. At least wasn't hungry with a stack and a half of meat :) Playing as intelligence guy so no points in strength.

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm not sure where to report this, and I know I took this picture in a now outdated version but I thought I'd might as well, so my apologies that it's posted here. A "house_old_pyramid_04" in my world had two iron desks in the basement area, and one of which was colliding with the other and half-buried in the wall; in other words, the second desk shouldn't be there. I've posted two images down below.

Hide contents

7_Days_To_Die_2020-07-10_1_40_16_PM.thumb.png.444961f1b279dc7e199984d05c535a65.png

Hide contents

7_Days_To_Die_2020-07-10_1_40_19_PM.thumb.png.8d74d3217f4114995e186ea655fba196.png

Maybe fixed already, not seeing the same issue in B163 after multiple chunk resets...

A19.0_2020-07-12_01-33-39.jpg

• Thanks 1

day 10, hundreds and hundreds of bullets and a belt of guns... and i'm still finding almost only wooden spears and clubs in Shotgun Messiah crates. i had to buy all my guns because they don't exist in early game. lots and lots of bullets though.

same with tools. i miraculously found an auger schematic and all the components, but as for actual tools i only find stone axes and shovels. i've found one hammer so far, i had to buy a pickaxe.

at what gamestage will it actually be fruitful to go looting? cause i've had to either craft or buy every useful piece of gear i have, and it's really annoying to spend 10 minutes clearing shotgun messiah for clubs and spears.

this is the only real problem i have with A19 so far, but it's kinda bad. raiding POI's is the best part of this game for me.

2 hours ago, GoldsharkROU said:

Hey! What happened to the A17 blimp ?, I remember that it was handled better than the gyrocopter, I didn´t know more ...

They are waiting for the Part 2 of 7D2D and that will be how the player travels to New York City, where local bandit lords rule each borrow and a mysterious evil one, calling himself "The Emperor" lives at the top of, the Empire State Building (Of course).  

There is a rebel force that is based at what remains of, The Statue of Liberty island (of course as well).

Your airship sadly crashes and is mostly ruined at the opening of the game.

So, of course the airship is still planned...

• Like 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

They are waiting for the Part 2 of 7D2D and that will be how the player travels to New York City, where local bandit lords rule each borrow and a mysterious evil one, calling himself "The Emperor" lives at the top of, the Empire State Building (Of course).  

There is a rebel force that is based at what remains of, The Statue of Liberty island (of course as well).

Your airship sadly crashes and is mostly ruined at the opening of the game.

So, of course the airship is still planned...

I now want this version of 7Days, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurutar said:

day 10, hundreds and hundreds of bullets and a belt of guns... and i'm still finding almost only wooden spears and clubs in Shotgun Messiah crates. i had to buy all my guns because they don't exist in early game. lots and lots of bullets though.

same with tools. i miraculously found an auger schematic and all the components, but as for actual tools i only find stone axes and shovels. i've found one hammer so far, i had to buy a pickaxe.

at what gamestage will it actually be fruitful to go looting? cause i've had to either craft or buy every useful piece of gear i have, and it's really annoying to spend 10 minutes clearing shotgun messiah for clubs and spears.

this is the only real problem i have with A19 so far, but it's kinda bad. raiding POI's is the best part of this game for me.

You start in primitive stage. Yes, some things still need to be tuned, especially traders still have stock of items from higher stages.

At GS 12 you go over to the next stage, you start getting basic pistols etc

At GS 52 you hit next stage , and start getting some good loot

At GS 92 you get access to the entire loot table.

7 minutes ago, Nef said:

I now want this version of 7Days, lol.

I recently watched a Neebs video asking TFPs to make a space version of 7d2d...Hey if Bethedsa is doing it why not TFPs? lol

On 7/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, Khalagar said:

Seed is Treatable Testes

Do not judge me for my seed name, my mind is an enigma

image.png.46e4f59f0d12afd366b0685704e9a57f.png

It may be a 4K seed since the generation time was low, I usually do 8K but it usually took nearly an hour to generate so this low generation makes me suspect a 4K

You weren't mistaken..."Treatable Testes" is an 8k seed ... 🤣

World Name: Old Fonena Valley
Original Seed: Treatable Testes
Biome Weight (Snow): 1
Biome Weight (Pine): 2
Biome Weight (Burnt): 1
Biome Weight (Desert): 1
Biome Weight (Wasteland): 1
Data Export Time: 3 minutes 31 seconds
Total Generation Time: 21 minutes 7 seconds

Alittle late, but I generated this seed a few moments ago and confirmed that the following Tier 5 POIs are spawned in it.

▲ apartment_brick_6_flr
▲ factory_lg_01 
▲ factory_lg_02 

That is why you are only seeing the same 3 Tier 5 quest POIs over and over again lol...

Attached is a map where those 3 T5 POIs are spawned on your map.

7DtD-renderer (7).png

14 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Attached is a map where those 3 T5 POIs are spawned on your map.

Thanks!! I think it's a bit over kill on how common those are over the other options (if there even ARE other options in RWG). 

It looks like most of my map outside of the forest  is kind of a barren waste land with no cities too which is a shame. I thought about moving to the snow biome but it looks like there isn't really anything there

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

they do!

there called stripper zombies!

Not for long...they are being remade as 'party girls' 😛

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Thanks!! I think it's a bit over kill on how common those are over the other options (if there even ARE other options in RWG). 

It looks like most of my map outside of the forest  is kind of a barren waste land with no cities too which is a shame. I thought about moving to the snow biome but it looks like there isn't really anything there

There is an A19 seed thread where dan posted a ton of great seeds.  I am using one with a medium/large town in every biome.

...Guess your Testes seed is alittle lacking lol....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NukemDed said:

just started a playthrough on the latest build. i died 2 times in the first day!!  i havent died for probably a year (i usually play dead is dead so am normally 100% committed to not dying)

freaking dire wolf before lunch.  i supposed that defined lunch actually. then got cornered and wrecked.

than a bear underground got me down to 2 health.

than a bear above ground got me to single digits again but with broken body bits. haha! great fun!

that was on default and i normally turn things up a bit. bit of a shift so far with the guns harder to get. was lucky to dig up 2 treasure maps on day 7 (i had a l3 pistol but sod all rounds and no workstation amywhere at all). and found an ak and marksman rifle at the traders on the way home. would have stood absolutely no chance on horde night without that.

Hell yeah, good times. Hope you got some lock picks on you. The buried treasures are locked now with 7,000 HP. A real kick in the nut sack if don't have lock picks or good tools!

The quest "buried supplies" treasures are still unlocked though 👍

Edited by Outlaw_187
Really?? You bleeped out d i c k? (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Next time you start a world, just go in and up max count of other t5 POI's. Its what I do to possibly get more of POI's I like.

7 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Iirc Mil, BIker and Demo, Football player did too, but they're gone now/

We've had football players on our A19 exp run...maybe you just haven't found them yet

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

The quest "buried supplies" treasures are still unlocked though 👍

I have encountered locked treasures from "buried supplies" trader quests already.

Or were that treasures from "treasure map" quests? Not 100 % sure but if I remember correctly there were locked treasures from "buried supplies" already.

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

8 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Iirc Mil, BIker and Demo, Football player did too, but they're gone now/

they are not gone you game stage is only to low.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, betam4x said:

Just need a basketball!

use a Rock!

8 hours ago, faatal said:

I'm sure it is possible to fix, but bugs don't get fixed until a cause is found (or sometimes changes just happen to fix a bug).

Testers have never been able to reliably reproduce it. When I test it, it does not happen.

a few ways i lost it was i jumped right before i died! (like i tryed to jump away from the zombies)

ill have to test around!

but i hope it can be fixed!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

I have encountered locked treasures from "buried supplies" trader quests already.

Or were that treasures from "treasure map" quests? Not 100 % sure but if I remember correctly there were locked treasures from "buried supplies" already.

Oh really? Crap, well I've only done like 3 or 4 from the trader & they were unlocked but maybe some aren't. 

Ive done 3 treasure maps & they've all been locked. Gotta stock up on those lock picks 😁

Really liking the build. What I find weird is the stone tools in store boxes. Why not put them in the wooden chests? They rarely have stuff in them. you could rename them as "survivor chests" and load them with early game stuff....and it would make sense. I get that "someone" could have previously looted the store and left their tools. It's just weird. not a deal breaker, but I've watched a few streamers and when they first encounter the stone age loot in a store they are always like "what the..."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilMissNorti said:

We've had football players on our A19 exp run...maybe you just haven't found them yet

I dont think they spawn in bloodmoon hordes.

Ok so I take back what I said about the horde nights being "disappointing" or "boring" after the initial waves. 

I just did my day 14 &..... Holy buckets of sh*t!! Swarm after swarm after swarm. 

I had a few weak unfinished spots in my defense so I can partly blame it on that. 

I too thought I was finding an over abundance of ammo but uh no, I barely had enough. I went thru 600 rounds of 9 mm, almost 600 rounds of AK-47, & 47 rounds of blunderbuss ammo. 

Hell yes & great job Fun Pimps! I barely escaped my horde base when the Z's broke thru & made it to a safe haven...that's when those @%$*#! vultures got me. Couldn't bandage myself in time & died. 

Good intense stuff. I got my azz handed to me for sure!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

makes another chalk mark on the board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I dont think they spawn in bloodmoon hordes.

In A18 I only ever saw a few football zombies... So far in A19 EXP I've encountered at least a dozen of them. 🤔

35 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

In A18 I only ever saw a few football zombies... So far in A19 EXP I've encountered at least a dozen of them. 🤔

maybe they are phasing them out slowly! 

43 minutes ago, Gazz said:

makes another chalk mark on the board.

That's so 1999...I expect telemetry graphs of player deaths so we can point and laugh...lol

• Haha 1