5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

@faatal is it even possible that the "bag disappearing" will go away?

or is it impossible to fix 

cuz i already lost 2 Bags worth of loot! i died 2 times in my map and each time my loot just Vanish!

I'm sure it is possible to fix, but bugs don't get fixed until a cause is found (or sometimes changes just happen to fix a bug).

Testers have never been able to reliably reproduce it. When I test it, it does not happen.

On the subject of progression, I think either craft XP needs to be shared within a group OR craft XP needs to be reduced by 40% or so. My husband and I started our characters in our joint game at the same time and play at the same time. He has 5x my kills but I'm 9 levels/10 GS above him because of my crafting.

52 minutes ago, faatal said:

I'm sure it is possible to fix, but bugs don't get fixed until a cause is found (or sometimes changes just happen to fix a bug).

Testers have never been able to reliably reproduce it. When I test it, it does not happen.

Seems to me that the only solution is treating it as an entity when player drops it, an entity with position checks that teleports to the closest visible location (both sprite and bag) whenever the check notices too much rolling or bad coordinates.

9 hours ago, Vintorez said:

I know there are just sometimes traps adn that's fun, gotta go toe to toe now and then. But I'm talking entire PoIs, entire buildings that seemingly just say "Sorry, should have gone strength or fortitude."

Some attributes are hard mode compared to Fortitude (Mid-late game) and Strength (The whole game).

I consider the choice of attribute(s), another difficulty settings!  I'm always impressed when someone like, Glock9 or Kage848 do something hard, because it is hard!

On 7/11/2020 at 12:53 AM, Marinxar said:

Yeah, we not talking about the plastic bows you shoot the stick-on arrows with. That, contrary to believe, won't kill a zombie.

Go try and @%$*#! a proper 75lb break power compound bow, which is probably what you need to do any serious hunting with. Unless you just want to anger a boar.

I own a compound bow and I actually enjoy archery IRL, it still doesn't take that much strength to fully pull a bow back if you use the proper method.  And once they are pulled back extra strength doesn't matter.  Besides the fact that the bows in the game are not compound bows, they are simple bows which take even less strength to fully pull back.  My point still stands.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Double the monitors, double the horde nights, double the fun. 😁

Reveal hidden contents

108005838_911301426034169_2526989438184498257_o.jpg.aab22f2c70529cabb477d81a8d1079df.jpg

That's a nice mic (and setup).  You should narrate in your videos...😄

Just now, GoldsharkROU said:

the boars are broken !, it can't be that they are harder than the bare MOE!
I died several times trying to hunt with bow and arrow or trebuchets ...

Boars NP for me...Wait until you meet the direwolf...😂

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Lol...what's the mic for then...

For recording with my voice. ;) Someday, when I get around to it. Knowing me, probably within the next 5-10 years.

7 Days to Die already has enough content creators anyway, it doesn't need another.

40 minutes ago, Kiernan531 said:

I own a compound bow and I actually enjoy archery IRL, it still doesn't take that much strength to fully pull a bow back if you use the proper method.  And once they are pulled back extra strength doesn't matter.  Besides the fact that the bows in the game are not compound bows, they are simple bows which take even less strength to fully pull back.  My point still stands.

So you picked it up the first time, without any knowledge of it, and was straight away able to pull it back without shaking . 

I have used several different size and types bows before, and I know it takes a lot of strength. Especially if you are not used to it or trained in it.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)
40 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Boars NP for me...Wait until you meet the direwolf...😂

I'm waiting to get jumped by a wandering Cougar horde!  I know Gazz has hard coded that in, somewhere in the code!   

If player name = "Aldranon" then

Unleash_Hell until dead.

😁

Edit:  You know you did it, no point denying it.

#Al'sMarinaMatters

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

I really want to start an alpha 19 playthrough, but also want to wait for the public release, lol. I'm assuming the latest beta isn't exactly stable? Do I wait the month for Alpha 19 to come out proper, or dive in while it's still in bug testing phase?

15 minutes ago, Gazz said:

If you are really asking if the experimental version is the stable version then unfortunately that's a no.

No, that wasn't what I was asking.

I'll break it down. I was asking whether or not I should bite the bullet and jump in during experimental or wait for full release. 

"I really want to start an alpha 19 playthrough, but also want to wait for the public release"
"Do I wait the month for Alpha 19 to come out proper, or dive in while it's still in bug testing phase?"

19 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

It seems pretty stable, I've had no issues. It sounds like they found some wonky stuff in multiplayer though. No game crashing issues as far as I know, just disappearing chests & grass, lol.

I've basically been apprehensive as I've not wanted to start a game and then have to restart in a month when alpha 19 comes out proper. I've been seeing a lot of issues crop up on people during testing that prevent progression or cause map resets. It's been a long year, though, lol. Been really itching to get back into the game. Also I see I almost never post here, lol. Been lurking for years, but surprised to only see 9 posts overall. 

• Like 1

just started a playthrough on the latest build. i died 2 times in the first day!!  i havent died for probably a year (i usually play dead is dead so am normally 100% committed to not dying)

freaking dire wolf before lunch.  i supposed that defined lunch actually. then got cornered and wrecked.

than a bear underground got me down to 2 health.

than a bear above ground got me to single digits again but with broken body bits. haha! great fun!

that was on default and i normally turn things up a bit. bit of a shift so far with the guns harder to get. was lucky to dig up 2 treasure maps on day 7 (i had a l3 pistol but sod all rounds and no workstation amywhere at all). and found an ak and marksman rifle at the traders on the way home. would have stood absolutely no chance on horde night without that.

• Like 1
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic